Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 17, 2021 12:45 AM

Feb 2017
The fight scene at the street with half robot dude on late minutes was funny haha
koleyNov 18, 2021 5:51 PM
Nov 20, 2021 1:55 PM

Aug 2017
Some interesting things from this episode:

- The Salvation Union rejects serving those above them and living only for your own happiness at the same time, suggesting a commitment to some purpose beyond those 2 options?
- The Hill, the Class, "non-existent people"...huh. Also there's some implication that there's a place where people have high regenerative abilities? If Organo cuts limbs off because people are bad at regeneration (which would be the default state in our world, we don't grow arms back), then we have a lot to see...
- Yoshii-san has a metal hand but it's not a "Texhnolyze", suggesting a lower level of technology in it perhaps?
Dec 28, 2021 9:36 PM

Feb 2021
Finally things are starting to make a little more sense now
Sep 30, 2022 5:27 AM

Jul 2020
Damn I'm so glad I didn't drop it after the 1st episode, this is actually really really good
Nov 2, 2022 2:36 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I know he just went through some traumatic experiences, but the way he was trying to damage his new bionic arm was probably the equivalent of watching someone scratch up a brand new lamborghini

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 16, 2022 3:18 PM

Dec 2010
BetaMaleUltra said:
I know he just went through some traumatic experiences, but the way he was trying to damage his new bionic arm was probably the equivalent of watching someone scratch up a brand new lamborghini
I think that he might hate the technology because the research killed his father, and the result reduced his mother to a commodity after her death. That is, if I understood the murky exposition correctly.

Yeah, Ichise seems to be nothing more than a rabid dog at the moment, I think that he was even called that by the Organo leader. But maybe the "gift of the gods", that was forced upon him, will provide an opportunity for character development.

I really like how we much focus is put on the experiences a person goes through during "texhnolyzation", I think that the results are explored a lot more by other sci-fi media, compared to the process itself.

People keep calling this "2deep" and whatnot, but I don't see the anime trying to imply some sort of pretentious depth, all we've got is a quite simple story that's just moving slow. Many things are implied instead of outright stated, but even then we seem to be getting direct info dumps about those only an episode or two later (opposite to, say, Neon Genesis Evangelion).
Mar 6, 2023 4:28 PM

Dec 2022
Ichise should take advantage of the superior texhnolyzed (what a nightmare to spell) limbs. Regardless of his hangups with the cell use, they not only allow him to have basic mobility back, but they're also presumably better than his organic limbs, honed by boxing or not. The doctor lady is obviously affiliated with the Organo assholes in some way, but it's not like Ichise is allied with them by extension.
Archean-ReturnMar 6, 2023 4:58 PM

Shaded Horizon

Apr 24, 2023 4:01 PM

Feb 2016
1. as it's often the case with Konaka's scripts, sometimes the attempt at being strange results in a scene feeling slightly off. it's usually someone's face expression, like Yoshii's smiling at Shinji
2. the way it's (visually) explained how Ichise ran off always strikes me as being convoluted. again this is a case of what I said above: Doc is shown on the ground completely dazed and I'm never really sure what her facial expression is trying to convey. I'm supposing they didn't have a lot of time and just went with it.
3. Ran and Ichise's meeting at the end swayed me a little 
May 23, 2023 5:56 AM

Oct 2019
NiteRaving said:
Ergo Proxy , Lain , Haibane Renmei and Texhnolyze.
All of these works are mostly done by same people and they have same kind of aura around them. Really fascinating and beautiful aesthetics , but sometimes too pseudo deep.
Pacing is fine tbh.
Ive only seen 2 of these, Ergo Proxy and Lain, while watching Texhnolyze.
I do agree that all of them that I have seen have a unique atmosphere to them as well as some interesting music choices but man, they really go far in that deep end, leaving me confused on what I'm watching.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 30, 2023 8:39 AM
Jul 2023
rapaz tô confuso
Dec 25, 2023 11:57 PM

Jun 2021
I like the grungy aesthetics, everything feels like listening radiohead and smashing pumpkins while watching a 2006 youtube gamer basement vlog video and walking in the sewers
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zepwich - Dec 9, 2009

63 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.