Forum Settings
Forums

Star Wars: The Force Awakens first teaser trailer out

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 29, 2014 7:02 AM

Jul 2012
One of the big stipulations on Hammil working with Disney on this movie, is that the CGI work would not be as overpowering as the last 3 movies. I think your going to see a lot of hand crafted special effects in this movie. I for one cant wait. And someones is talking about the cinematography already. . . .what?????
Nov 29, 2014 7:48 AM

Nov 2012
I really thought this was a fan made parody, specially on the execution of the black guy popping out and the strange lightsaber part. This trailer was odd
Nov 29, 2014 8:06 AM

Jul 2007
F0XFIRE said:
CookingPriest said:
Its less about CG and more about shitty cinematography.

Your complaining about cinematography from an one and half minute teaser trailer.

lol smh.

Yes, to a trainer eye that is enough.

When you start watching and have to recheck whether is legit trialer or machinima parody, you know we have a problem.
Nov 29, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2007
Well...I am intrigued, for one I want to see their explanation for that lightsaber, I for one don't really like or see the reason to have such a lightsaber...oh well.

I also hope the series will find its sense of adventure again, the new trilogy tried to hard to be dramatic and serious.

I have to admit that the trailer at least managed to rekindle my love for the franchise and I searched for some books set in the SW universe to read, only watched the movies and played a lot of the SW related games. I think I am gonna start reading the Republic Commando series. There seems to be a lot of junk out there but that one has got a lot of praise.

Also, wtf is with the racist comments I've seen in regards to the black guy as a stormtroopers!?
Nov 29, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2007
Zero said:

Also, wtf is with the racist comments I've seen in regards to the black guy as a stormtroopers!?

All stormtroopers till EP4 were clones of a single white guy. and they all died.
Comments come from those who do not know that empire recruited a bunch of genuine normal people afterward
Nov 29, 2014 9:43 AM

Jun 2010
Khaosman said:
As for the lightsaber design, its based on the Crossguard Lightsaber or Forked Lightsaber from the Expanded Universe.

Oh, the typical Washington Post reader!
Read my reply on page 2, buddy. That's not a fucking crossguard.
What kind of crossguard cuts your own hand when you swing the saber??

Eearu said:
I really thought this was a fan made parody, specially on the execution of the black guy popping out and the strange lightsaber part. This trailer was odd

My thoughts, exactly.
I mean, what's with the hurr durr Sith-wannabe popping his lightsaber in the middle of nowhere? He was going to murder the tree? These Sith are fucking mad.
Nov 29, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2012
Well I think the general consensus is that the trailer was dynamite and the movies is going to change the way we view film and story telling. Just from what I have gathered from some of the posts thus far.
Nov 29, 2014 11:19 AM

Oct 2014
xbobx said:

Oh, the typical Washington Post reader!
Read my reply on page 2, buddy. That's not a fucking crossguard.
What kind of crossguard cuts your own hand when you swing the saber??

Relax buddy, you're right. I get what you mean. The crossguard doesn't even look like that anyway.

I still think its way too early to assume how everything is going to play out in the final version of the film, including the awkward lightsaber design.
Nov 29, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2012
I feel compelled to point out that while a lot of people are using the term 'Crossguard' lightsaber, the image portrayed in the movie is certainly not what a traditional crossguard lightsaber would look like. A crossguard lightsaber has one saber jutting out from the hilt at a 45 degree angle. Such as this:

Whatever is shown in the trailer is either not in its entirety, or a new invention of the sw universe.
Nov 29, 2014 10:32 PM
Nov 2014
CookingPriest said:
Huge horrible MEH so far.

FIrst few shots felt like a fanfilm.

The broadsword lightsaber is just...wat.

THey were better off adapting something from Expanded Universe than this shit.

i have to agree...the fact there there doing away with the expanded universe really pisses me off to no end! i wanted to see Kyle Katern and Maria Jade
Skywalker
Nov 29, 2014 10:46 PM

Nov 2008
DJNinja88 said:
CookingPriest said:

i have to agree...the fact there there doing away with the expanded universe really pisses me off to no end! i wanted to see Kyle Katern and Maria Jade
Skywalker

Nov 29, 2014 11:17 PM

Jan 2011
Mister Sir Henry Motherfucker had a crossguard lightsaber before it was cool.
Nov 30, 2014 6:48 AM

Oct 2010
We all know that this movie is just going to prioritize liberal pandering other than doing the SW franchise justice.
Nov 30, 2014 6:53 AM

Aug 2014
Supergrunt8 said:
We all know that this movie is just going to prioritize liberal pandering other than doing the SW franchise justice.

Lolwut. What justice is there to do to the Star Wars franchise anyway? It is an entertaining, enjoyable series that's wildly overrated by fanboys. It's not like it's some masterpiece that's going to be dishonored.
Nov 30, 2014 9:01 AM

Jun 2012
Apparently that trailers fake. Heres the real one.
Nov 30, 2014 9:57 AM

Nov 2008
Sol_Ou said:
Apparently that trailers fake. Heres the real one.

Nov 30, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2013
Redruum said:
I feel compelled to point out that while a lot of people are using the term 'Crossguard' lightsaber, the image portrayed in the movie is certainly not what a traditional crossguard lightsaber would look like. A crossguard lightsaber has one saber jutting out from the hilt at a 45 degree angle. Such as this:

Whatever is shown in the trailer is either not in its entirety, or a new invention of the sw universe.

After watching enough hentai, I can clearly see that that is sex toy, not a lightsaber.
Nov 30, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2007
DJNinja88 said:
CookingPriest said:

Skywalker

FUck I want Ancient Siths(with the metal energy swords) in the movie now....
And Luke being badass master.
ANd Mara jade...
And yuuzhan vong...
And hell, something about Revan...

Hell, a trilogy adaptation telling KOTOR story...

Imagine movie based around him:

Or him:

OR HIM:

Fuck you Disney.
Fuck You J.Monkey Abrams
AhenshihaelNov 30, 2014 10:23 AM
Nov 30, 2014 10:27 AM

Nov 2008
The Knights of the Old Republic universe is complete BS, probably like a lot else in the EU. Overpowered force users and technology and governance that's way too similar to that of 4000 years later. It isn't even that good of a story. It has too many characters that are like the old ones and the plot twist is mostly unimpressive because the choices leading up to it generally lack meaning and moral ambiguity. Of course I'm not gonna be a jerk. It also lacked the charm, naivety and action of the original trilogy. They're kids movies, you know. Silly fantasy movies. The giant worm inside the atmosphere-filled asteroid, the two funny droids and the simple characters should have told everybody that. It's stories like Knights of the Old Republic which suck all the magic out of Star Wars.
EzekielNov 30, 2014 11:16 AM

Nov 30, 2014 11:19 AM

Oct 2010
Ezekiel said:
The Knights of the Old Republic universe is complete BS, probably like a lot else in the EU. Overpowered force users and technology and governance that's way too similar to that of 4000 years later.

You do know that the Republic is pretty much a monolithic entity has been around for 25 thousand years? It makes sense that not much would change, technologically and culturally speaking in a span of 4000 years.
Nov 30, 2014 1:59 PM

Jul 2007
Supergrunt8 said:
Ezekiel said:
The Knights of the Old Republic universe is complete BS, probably like a lot else in the EU. Overpowered force users and technology and governance that's way too similar to that of 4000 years later.

You do know that the Republic is pretty much a monolithic entity has been around for 25 thousand years? It makes sense that not much would change, technologically and culturally speaking in a span of 4000 years.

^This.

Also lul at "kid movies".
Nov 30, 2014 2:17 PM

Nov 2008
CookingPriest said:
Also lul at "kid movies".
They are. The old movies were all kid friendly. Harrison Ford or Hamill asked Lucas if they were still making a children's movie while filming Empire Strikes Back. Children's stories can be dark. Yoda, C3PO, the Ewoks and even the main characters to an extent are cartoon characters. These people who want Star Wars to be super serious and have deep, sophisticated characters are delusional.
EzekielNov 30, 2014 2:25 PM

Nov 30, 2014 2:28 PM

Apr 2012
Ezekiel said:
They are. The old movies were all kid friendly. Harrison Ford or Hamill asked Lucas if they were still making a children's movie while filming Empire Strikes Back. Children's stories can be dark. Yoda, C3PO, the Ewoks and even the main characters to an extent are cartoon characters. These people who want Star Wars to be super serious are delusional.
I think you lack some degrees between "serious" and "kid movies". The two Ewoks TV films, those are kids movies. Calling the original trilogy kid movies is preposterous, and has nothing to do with the general tone of the movie (as for example the Ewoks movie have plenty of serious moments).
Nov 30, 2014 9:56 PM

Apr 2013
If you ain't hyped enough, well...

dankzelDec 1, 2014 8:28 PM
Nov 30, 2014 11:08 PM

Mar 2010
Well, I'm pretty stoked about this film and new entry into a trilogy that'll hopefully go beyond my expectations. This teaser did its job when it "teased" us about the movie. I've been hearing people complain how it didn't show enough when the movie is a YEAR away. Disney has plenty of time to show us more in this upcoming year with more footage when they think it's time. In the meantime, let's just enjoy this very nice trailer that really made me fall in love with the franchise again.

Also, the EU may not be canon anymore but that doesn't mean that neither Disney or J.J. Abrams can't take plot points, characters, or anything else from them and incorporate them into this new trilogy. They've stated multiple times that they'll be able to use anything and everything at their disposal.
Dec 1, 2014 12:31 AM

Feb 2013
X-Wing water fly-over looked pretty epic.

The voiceover guy though... no... get Mark Hamill or Harrison Ford or anybody recognizable from any previous movie...

deanzel said:
That is hilarious!
BurntJellyDec 1, 2014 12:36 AM
Dec 1, 2014 3:52 PM

Aug 2013

Dec 1, 2014 4:42 PM
May 2013
Laser house centipede is what that makes me think of. *shudder*
Dec 1, 2014 9:57 PM
Feb 2013
I'm excited
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7572 by Jonas-K »»
11 minutes ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Today, 1:16 AM

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.