Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 25, 2014 2:08 PM
Apr 2008
Hi,

for over 5 years I have the Dattebayo website in my bookmarks. Even after they disbanded I still had it because I was too lazy to remove it. Since I open all my anime bookmarks daily I noticed that when you visit the Dattebayo website you get a new "Dattebayo - 10th anniversary - Believe it" screen instead of the usual error page I was used to in the last years.

So does that mean they are/will be back? Does anybody know something?

http://dattebayo.com/

PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY KNEW DATTEBAYO AND YOU WERE BORN BEFORE THEY STARTED FANSUBBING. THANK YOU.

Regards
Nov 25, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2009
lol Bleach ended already and Naruto Shippuuden will end next year too so maybe they are fansubbing a new series
Nov 25, 2014 2:32 PM

Feb 2010
Oh I remember the old days when all the ongoings I watched were Bleach and Naruto and both were provided by Dattebayo. They were also the reason I watched 07-Ghost back then even though it was boring (best thing was the episode with the trollsubs xD). Nice memories overall.

But no, I haven't heard anything and that anniversary logo doesn't seem terribly elaborate so I wouldn't expect anything for now. It would be nice if they did Nanatsu no Taizai though.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 25, 2014 2:46 PM
Nov 2010
Interesting, I thought they disbanded or something. Their fansubbing was pretty decent if I remember correctly.
Nov 25, 2014 4:54 PM

Feb 2013
i was going to reply but then i saw this
hackgrid said:
PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY KNEW DATTEBAYO AND YOU WERE BORN BEFORE THEY STARTED FANSUBBING. THANK YOU.
guess i can't reply now...

TIL dattebayo means believe it
Nov 25, 2014 7:58 PM

May 2011
It would be awesome if they really were coming back. I liked their TRC and Hakuouki subs a lot.
Dec 25, 2014 8:38 AM
Dec 2014
It's scary to me that people who were born when it was founded are 14 now, I was 15 when it started haha makes me feel old. Good memories though, wonder if they are coming back? With CR/HorribleSubs we don't really need speedsubs for most shows these days.
Dec 25, 2014 8:51 AM

Jul 2010
Oh dattebayo brings back some really old memories when I was following their Naruto and Bleach releases back in 2005. Not sure if they are coming back and I really doubt it but they might surprise us with some new project.

After all even Eclipse made few comebacks to sub Kimi ni Todoke and later Shakugan no Shana final. Well too bad they disbanded once again after that. I really miss their releases.
_Dan_Dec 25, 2014 8:55 AM

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

87 by Gator »»
17 seconds ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

28 by Gator »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

32 by Ratris_Decision »»
3 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 10 hours ago

18 by Gator »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Apr 23

21 by Rakish97 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.