Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 24, 2014 9:17 PM

Nov 2014
Okay so, 2 years ago, i looked for an anime that had a strong romance, with a good main character. What I got was....Anime with an...Okay? Romance that revolved around a perverted, weak vs girls, stupid, annoying main character. In other words: anything close to Zero No Tsukaima. However, that's not what annoys me the most. What annoys me the most is...why the fuck doesn't the main character either:
1. Strike back against the female who constantly tortures him for stupid misunderstanding after stupid misunderstanding
2. Just leave the bitch! Seriously, what do you call a relationship where a girl beats you for almost nothing...That's an ABUSIVE relationship. Anyone with any brains would avoid abusive relationships like the plague.

Now...On to the more enjoyable things. Where can I find something like hagure yuusha no estetica? Where the guy is a complete badass, even though he may be a bit of an asshole at times, it's justified. He just doesn't give a single fuck xD! Only thing I didn't like was that it focused most on the action. So I guess what i'm asking for is more of a SAO type anime, that focuses on the romance. Can you do that for me? Sorry for the long post.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 24, 2014 9:20 PM

Jun 2012
because guys in Japan are masochists

1. Mahouka Kouko no Rettousei - just a badass

2. Gantz - he knows what to do// definitely not your friendly school anime though

3. School Days - heheheh (that's all I can say)

4. Kaichou wa maid-sama - yea this guy owns

5. Natsuyuki Rendezvous - I'm not sure who the biggest badass is during this
(another non-school type and no fight scenes though)
thereisonlyoneNov 24, 2014 9:29 PM
How long will it last
Nov 24, 2014 9:23 PM

Jun 2013
Generally, romance in anime sucks.
Try these I guess:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2924/ef:_A_Tale_of_Memories.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2476/School_Days

Makoto is love..
Nov 24, 2014 9:26 PM

Jan 2008
Obligatory "You-hate-the-MC-from-ZnT-so-you-should-watch-Index-because-the-MC-punches-a-girl-in-the-face-with-the-same-voice-actor" post.

Oh and not once! BUT TWICE!
@20 seconds
Nov 24, 2014 9:33 PM

Jun 2012
Paul said:
Obligatory "You-hate-the-MC-from-ZnT-so-you-should-watch-Index-because-the-MC-punches-a-girl-in-the-face-with-the-same-voice-actor" post.

@20 seconds

LOL im dying -- he think he gonna get some bitches off of that, is that what he calls Really HOOODDD

wtf ---im so glad I skipped over that anime, but that's funny
How long will it last
Nov 24, 2014 9:35 PM

Sep 2013
School Days +1

It has a dude who acts as selfish as most guys would act in that situation. I've known people like this, so it stands out as something realistic. The MC is hated for obvious reasons, but he definitely thinks with his, "2nd head. "

The Amagami series in a way also has a dude that at least tries to close the deal. It's omnibus format, so along those lines you might also like Yosuga no Sora, which is a bit more explicit.
My watch list for anime: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Stonedtanuki

"Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream." - Wallace Stevens
Nov 24, 2014 9:38 PM

Sep 2014
thereisonlyone said:
because guys in Japan are masochists

You mean everywhere. :3
Nov 24, 2014 9:40 PM

Feb 2013
Paul said:

@20 seconds

HOLY SHIT.....KUGUMIYA PUNCHED IN THE FACE

This Guy's my Idol
Nov 24, 2014 9:49 PM

Jun 2012
Umm, you chose the wrong medium nerd. Animation has long been the swill of entertainment. An industry that can't break even is no industry of mine.
Nov 24, 2014 10:03 PM

May 2014
well you have to consider the fact this is anime and made up. and uh... huh. i guess they don't leave the girl because that would mean the show ends.
Nov 24, 2014 10:10 PM

Oct 2013
zeeo7824 said:
So I guess what i'm asking for is more of a SAO type anime, that focuses on the romance.

SAO does not focus on romance. You show a great deal of poor comprehension skills by suggesting that perspective.
Nov 24, 2014 10:14 PM

Dec 2013
Because a) the Japanese seem to have a fetish for pussy males, and b) great romance isn't easy to write (and even if it is there won't be agreement like in other genres). My rec would be to stay away from romance centric shows to begin with--for the most part. It's more believably executed and of higher quality when used as a sub genre. But that's just me...
DouluoNov 24, 2014 10:34 PM
Nov 24, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2014
Don't worry OP. There has been a resurgence of wish fulfilment/power fantasy male protagonist in Japanese anime.

Sadly they've mostly been boring Gary Stus with little depth.
Nov 24, 2014 10:30 PM

Feb 2014
Spice and Wolf is still the best and most believable romance I've seen in anime. I'd recommend that, if you don't mind listening to economics heavy dialogues.
Nodame Cantabile and Katanagatari are also very good.
Nov 24, 2014 10:36 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Locked

You made a discussion topic and a recommendation topic in one. Please between the two and then post in the right board.

Rec board here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?board=16
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Lost anime Saki Sanobashi

neonmist - Nov 22, 2019

44 by Konan_Edogawa_ »»
34 seconds ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 2 hours ago

13 by Rhaelynne »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

162 by the_foundation »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - Yesterday

16 by Konan_Edogawa_ »»
4 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 42 minutes ago

6 by PostMahouShoujo »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.