Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 26, 2015 1:34 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Yeah I know.
old post:

tsudecimo said:

Sakura:

9,701 (Naruto data book 3) + 3,557 (poll 7) + 4,009 (poll 8) + 2,188 (poll 9) taken from the picture + 4,905 (poll 10)

= 24,360 votes

Hinata:
6,917 (Naruto data book 3) + 2,100(poll 7) + 5,789 (poll 8) + 2,517(poll 9) + 5,789 (poll 10)

= 23,112 votes

Whatever I think the ending was perfect, predictable but perfect, I appreciated the Chouji Karui thing because it was part of his character to get a woman to like him at the same time it shows that the borders don´t matter anymore and people can find love across them, which also get´s hinted from Oonoki who asks May if the Hidden Cloud doesn´t have good man either.

It´s not the love aspect, but the message Kishi delivered through it.
Feb 26, 2015 1:36 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Saying the popularity of a character affected their screen time is still really baseless.

Deidara was a popular character, I didn't see him get more screen time than he should.

Iruka is ridiculously popular considering his screen time, but yet he doesn't seem to have more screen time. More popular than Orochimaru. Screen time depends on relevance, and the plot, not outside popularity.

I think it boils down too should i write a chapter where I show x character or y show off some skills.
I can imagine that he didn´t bother with Shino too much because he didn´t know what techniques to come up with for him same with Tenten.

IsterioFeb 26, 2015 1:39 AM
Feb 26, 2015 1:39 AM

Dec 2012
Isterio said:

I think it boils down too should i write a chapter where I show x character or y show off some skills.
I can imagine that he didn´t bother with Shino too much because he didn´t know what techniques to come up with for him same with Tenten.

More likely because they weren't relevant to anything outside of Konoha 11, and the chunnin exam.
Feb 26, 2015 1:41 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Isterio said:

More likely because they weren't relevant to anything outside of Konoha 11, and the chunnin exam.

In that regard i also think those 2 were "filler characters" they just served the purpose of filling an empty teamslot.

Shinos concept was great imo but he didn´t compliment Narutos character, neither did Tenten.

Something that Lee/Neji/Hinata/Kiba/Gaara and Killer Bee did.

Kankuro and Temari are in a similar spot.

Anyway I had opened this thread for people complaining about Kishis writing in the first place, all the trollposts how the ending made no sense and stuff.It kinda deiated from that but I was prepared.
IsterioFeb 26, 2015 1:45 AM
Feb 26, 2015 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
Hmm. I'm actually glad Shino didn't get more screen time, I did not like the concept of his character or found him interesting, he is kinda funny.

I don't think Temari and Kakuro are in the same spot, especially Temari. She had decent amount of screen time, and role in the Chunnin exam was good.

I generally liked that, the story expanded beyond the leaf village.
Feb 26, 2015 1:48 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Hmm. I'm actually glad Shino didn't get more screen time, I did not like the concept of his character or found him interesting, he is kinda funny.

I don't think Temari and Kakuro are in the same spot, especially Temari. She had decent amount of screen time, and role in the Chunnin exam was good.

I generally liked that, the story expanded beyond the leaf village.

She is Shikamarus girl (who wears the pants) and Gaaras sister, there is not much more to her character. Ah yeah and she´s the strongest female among the young generation.

Kankuro is even worse off he´s just Gaaras brother, that´s his role. It´s fine I dont think it´s bad they just dont compliment Naruto which Gaara does that´s why he got more screentime imo.
IsterioFeb 26, 2015 1:55 AM
Feb 27, 2015 12:24 AM

Aug 2007
tsudecimo said:
Isterio said:

I opened this thread months ago

I don't like reading couples/pairing threads after the ending because of comments like these:

i wish sakura would've just ended up sad and forever alone

And I also cringe hard, when some of them, treat the quality of the ending depending on the final couples, as if Naruto was a romance manga or something.

Well Kishimoto did throw her character development out the window just like that. Many people already established that he's a shit writer on various sites though.
Feb 27, 2015 12:37 AM

Dec 2012
Sure, because her character development was just about Sasuke, and nothing else.

> Some people said he is a shit writer

Is that supposed to mean anything at all?
Feb 27, 2015 12:39 AM

Aug 2007
tsudecimo said:
Sure, because her character development was just about Sasuke, and nothing else.

> Some people said he is a shit writer

Is that supposed to mean anything at all?

It wasn't until the end when she reverted to a Sasuke fangirl.

"Some" people. Kishimoto's writing slowly when to shit in part 2 starting with the ending of Sasuke vs Deidara and the plot hole of Sasuke surviving. It never recovered after that.
Feb 27, 2015 1:12 AM

Dec 2012
Oh, I remember you. You are that Sasuke plot hole guy, ehh. Who ignored my well backed up posts, and counter it, with literally one line, his initial statement.

I don't really care for you shtick. I know you won't bother posting more than a couple of lines at best. So w/e, think what you want to think, keep using fallacies for all I care, seems fitting for your inability to argue and articulate, but try and spare the world of your toxicity (going out of your way, to insult the author directly, instead of talking about the series's quality like a normal person would, sigh)
Feb 27, 2015 1:31 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Oh, I remember you. You are that Sasuke plot hole guy, ehh. Who ignored my well backed up posts, and counter it, with literally one line, his initial statement.

I don't really care for you shtick. I know you won't bother posting more than a couple of lines at best. So w/e, think what you want to think, keep using fallacies for all I care, seems fitting for your inability to argue and articulate, but try and spare the world of your toxicity (going out of your way, to insult the author directly, instead of talking about the series's quality like a normal person would, sigh)

Don´t bother he´s the one guy that spams evry Naruto thread with hate comments for no reason cause some guy told him so.
Also HxH fanboy.
Feb 27, 2015 10:02 PM

Aug 2007
tsudecimo said:

You didn't counter shit. You never responded back to my response on that. "I'm going to just not respond back cause I'm automatically right hurr durr". I also used absolutely no fallacies to. Also a normal person would say Kishimoto is a shit writer since many people actually bash the series because of Kishimoto's writing.

Isterio said:
tsudecimo said:

Don´t bother he´s the one guy that spams evry Naruto thread with hate comments for no reason cause some guy told him so.
Also HxH fanboy.

This post was so stupid I think it gave me cancer. There is no "guy" telling me what to do and I have never even read Hunter X Hunter. Would be pretty obvious if you looked at my manga list too.
Feb 28, 2015 4:54 AM

Dec 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
tsudecimo said:

You didn't counter shit. You never responded back to my response on that. "I'm going to just not respond back cause I'm automatically right hurr durr". I also used absolutely no fallacies to. Also a normal person would say Kishimoto is a shit writer since many people actually bash the series because of Kishimoto's writing.

Sigh I'm going to regret this, I hope the toxicity doesn't rub on me.

I did counter and respond. The mods deleted it, because it was in a one piece thread. I showed hard evidence, that it was Deidara who thought Sasuke was out of Chakra, not Sasuke. But you ignored all of that, and how Sasuke escaped using the summoning and reverse summoning and went ''hurr durr, if Deidara said it, then that makes it truth'' even though Deidara was merely speculating, and had no way, to know for sure, as he doesn't have any jutsu or sensing ability to know how much chakra Sasuke has. Bigivelfhq was there, he at first thought it was a plot hole, but after my counter argument, he agreed that it wasn't, IntroverTurtle, also pointed out, that saying it's true because of Deidara was bullshit.

No, a normal non-toxic pereson, would say the manga/anime is shit, they wouldn't go out of their away to insult the author by name.

Man, I really want to know, what makes people like you, so toxic, just why. Posting one liners, and bullshit left and right, and implying their opinion is right, without backing it up, ever. And that doesn't go just for Naruto, literally every 'argument' I've seen you in, you never post something beyond a few lines, and just post ''it's right because I said so'' , ''shit writing'' ''x is bad because it's bad''. No good articulation, no critical thinking, no backing up, no evidence, nothing.

How insufferable.
tsudecimoFeb 28, 2015 5:02 AM
Feb 28, 2015 4:55 AM

Nov 2014
LOL
Feb 28, 2015 7:45 PM

Aug 2007
tsudecimo said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Sigh I'm going to regret this, I hope the toxicity doesn't rub on me.

I did counter and respond. The mods deleted it, because it was in a one piece thread. I showed hard evidence, that it was Deidara who thought Sasuke was out of Chakra, not Sasuke. But you ignored all of that, and how Sasuke escaped using the summoning and reverse summoning and went ''hurr durr, if Deidara said it, then that makes it truth'' even though Deidara was merely speculating, and had no way, to know for sure, as he doesn't have any jutsu or sensing ability to know how much chakra Sasuke has. Bigivelfhq was there, he at first thought it was a plot hole, but after my counter argument, he agreed that it wasn't, IntroverTurtle, also pointed out, that saying it's true because of Deidara was bullshit.

No, a normal non-toxic pereson, would say the manga/anime is shit, they wouldn't go out of their away to insult the author by name.

Man, I really want to know, what makes people like you, so toxic, just why. Posting one liners, and bullshit left and right, and implying their opinion is right, without backing it up, ever. And that doesn't go just for Naruto, literally every 'argument' I've seen you in, you never post something beyond a few lines, and just post ''it's right because I said so'' , ''shit writing'' ''x is bad because it's bad''. No good articulation, no critical thinking, no backing up, no evidence, nothing.

How insufferable.

You also failed to realize it doesn't matter WHO stated it because it was still stated. Not to mention Sasuke was on the ground collapsed from exhaustion. That's also part of the plot hole argument.
Mar 1, 2015 4:12 AM

Dec 2012
Proving my point with posting two lines, hehehe.

A/ Sasuke surviving is factually not an plot hole. Because it didn't contradict anything established prior to it, and it wasn't impossible.

B/ It does fucking matter. How the fuck can Deidara know for sure, if Sasuke has enough chakra or not? he was speculating and assuming he has no chakra. He is not an omniscient character. Only Sasuke can state the truth about his chakra.

Exhaustion =/= lacking chakra. Severe lack of chakra can cause fatigue, but at the same time, exhaustion can be caused from physical stress, which was due to the fight with Deidara, and using the curse mark. Deidara himself was exhausted, but had enough chakara to do his last jutsu, so was Sasuke.

Unless you give prove and evidence that Sasuke didn't have enough chakra to summon manda, then you are very obviously wrong. Repeating your statement over and over doesn't make it right. Good god, it's like you are completely devoid of critical thinking, and argumentative skills.

C/ Naruto doesn't have any major plot hole. It only has two minor ones, that most people didn't even notice, from what I can tell.

inb4 he literally repeats his same wrong statement
Mar 1, 2015 7:36 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:

A/ Sasuke surviving is factually not an plot hole. Because it didn't contradict anything established prior to it, and it wasn't impossible.

B/ It does fucking matter. How the fuck can Deidara know for sure, if Sasuke has enough chakra or not? he was speculating and assuming he has no chakra. He is not an omniscient character. Only Sasuke can state the truth about his chakra.

Exhaustion =/= lacking chakra. Severe lack of chakra can cause fatigue, but at the same time, exhaustion can be caused from physical stress, which was due to the fight with Deidara, and using the curse mark. Deidara himself was exhausted, but had enough chakara to do his last jutsu, so was Sasuke.

Unless you give prove and evidence that Sasuke didn't have enough chakra to summon manda, then you are very obviously wrong. Repeating your statement over and over doesn't make it right. Good god, it's like you are completely devoid of critical thinking, and argumentative skills.

C/ Naruto doesn't have any major plot hole. It only has two minor ones, that most people didn't even notice, from what I can tell.

You actually found 2 plotholes?

The only things I´d consider weak writing if you are nitpicking were Kakashis chakra level which I´ve mentioned earlier, but alot of time has passed since I checked on that and the second one would be Kaguya, whose fault is to not be elaborated on enough.

And the character of Sakura during the war arc.

But what actual plot inconsistensies have you found?

Where does Kishi contradict his own rules?
Mar 1, 2015 1:26 PM

Aug 2007
tsudecimo said:

Sasuke used a ton of different kinds of jutsu that used a shitload of chakra. Boss summons themselves were stated to use an immense amount of chakra to summon which Sasuke would not have had at that point. Which was also evidenced by his exhaustion. Also you obviously don't know what a plot hole is. The reason it is a plot hole is because many of the events that happened after that fight would not have happened since Sasuke should have been dead. Itachi for example would have still been alive since he wouldn't have killed himself since the fight against Sasuke never happened.
Mar 1, 2015 1:44 PM

Mar 2011
I'm surprised there is even posts happening here, but I'll entertain myself and jump in
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Mar 1, 2015 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
tsudecimo said:

Sasuke used a ton of different kinds of jutsu that used a shitload of chakra. Boss summons themselves were stated to use an immense amount of chakra to summon which Sasuke would not have had at that point. Which was also evidenced by his exhaustion. Also you obviously don't know what a plot hole is. The reason it is a plot hole is because many of the events that happened after that fight would not have happened since Sasuke should have been dead. Itachi for example would have still been alive since he wouldn't have killed himself since the fight against Sasuke never happened.

I know what a plot hole is, I already referenced the definition in the first point, but it went over your head, unsurprisingly.

So what? Deidara last justu used up all his remaining chakra, the same happened to Sasuke. Already went over the exhaustion thing, but you naturally ignored it. You can't know how much chakra he has left, and if it's enough for a summon. Stop gasping at straws, and provide evidence that specifically prove that he didn't have enough chakra for a summon. Otherwise I've had enough time waste with you. Carry on, being a thoughtless person that never backs up anything.
Mar 1, 2015 10:02 PM

Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:
So what? Deidara last justu used up all his remaining chakra, the same happened to Sasuke. Already went over the exhaustion thing, but you naturally ignored it. You can't know how much chakra he has left, and if it's enough for a summon.
If it happened to Sasuke, he would be dead. So the point remains he lived "miraculously". Also, you can know how much chakra someone has used; its seen a few times in the manga and happens to be in the deidara vs saskue fight

tsudecimo said:
It did a few times. I'll show you in one of the examples I reply with.

tsudecimo said:
I do agree he was guessing.

tsudecimo said:
Chapter 90 explains it exhaustion is equal = lacking chakra. http://www.mangapanda.com/93-95-4/naruto/chapter-90.html

tsudecimo said:

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-368-5/naruto/chapter-363.html :The fact Karin can't sense his chakra and this judging by someone's exhaustion, you can gauge where their chakra is at.
tsudecimo said:
This series have plenty of plot holes. I'll use this fight. Deidara's clay clone tricking Sasuke contradicts what the Sharingan can do.
Mar 2, 2015 1:15 AM
Oct 2013
Silverstorm said:
If it happened to Sasuke, he would be dead. So the point remains he lived "miraculously". Also, you can know how much chakra someone has used; its seen a few times in the manga and happens to be in the deidara vs saskue fight.

This argument is essentially pulled out of your ass.
How can you tell "as a reader" if a fictional character is out of chakra if the mangaka doesn´t tell you?

The characters are not living beings (you cant apply reallife rules to a fictional system like chakra)at least not beyond the rules that the readers were given to work with.

Except it was elaborated that reallife rules apply. e.g a character dies when being stabbed/ or hit by a gunshot.
But there was never a rule applied that confirms the "complete" exhaustion of Chakra besides death.

Sasuke doesn´t die and never stating himself, like every character of this show does, that he´s low on chakra, this contradicts your whole claim.
Kakashi for example claimed that he was low on Chakra before he died.

"Chakra exhaustion" is a pretty vague term in the first place because the characters who suffer from it are the only ones givin us any information.
Other examples would be Sakura/Naruto in part one, or Sakuras fight vs Sasori.

Sakura: I´m nearly out of Chakra, Naruto during his training with Jiraya: I´m nearly out of Chakra, I´ve got to rest.

This alone is proof enough that he wasn´t exhausted in terms of chakra alone but more physically. It was a draining task to perform all that taijutsu in combination with Chidori on himself and so on.

But any normal human being is exhausted after running a marathon, yet it isn´t even threatening to the persons health , heck the opposite is the case.

So just by the fact that he didn´t die out of chakra exhaustion, there is no plothole. Because only his death could justify and exhaustion level that´s life threatening since there was no other rule explained that confirms your assumtptions.[/quote]

Silverstorm said:

Chapter 90 explains it exhaustion is equal = lacking chakra.

It is actually possible to die through exhaustion in reallife, so it´s pretty logical that a task as forging chakra which is explained to be exhausting can lead to death. But those cases are extremly rare and only reachable through an unnatural amount of stress to the body.

Judigng from that logic Kishi must have applied that kind of logic to his chakra system. Considering any information he has given to the readers on the concept of chakra forging.

Regarding any case in Naruto (except the one where Kakashi dies) Kishi doesn´t elaborate strictly on the level of fatique each character individually undergoes when he´s forging chakra to use a certain jutsu afterwards.

The only way for the readers to know is through the information given (time spent in the hospital to recover etc).

I remember the Shikamaru vs Hidan fight for example. Shikamaru states multiple times that he´s nearly out of Chakra while forming his Kagemane jutsu, yet he is in no life threatening situation after the fight and barely in the Hospital.

So regarding that logic it´s safe to say that those characters always speak of "low on chakra" whenever they are near the brink of a life/health threatening level of chakra usage.

I´d like to use Star Ocean (The game) as an example if you went out of mana in this game your character died. Mana was required to use strong spells and shit in order to beat bosses.

The main difference between that game and Naruto though is that it´s possible to visibly observe the mana bar and tell how much mana is left, which is impossible for the readers of Naruto, because all the info we are given regarding the chakra levels can only be given by the Chakra user (Kishimoto) himself.

Just because of the nature of the system it´s impossible to create a plothole except the author explicitly wishes for it.

tsudecimo said:

Silverstorm said:

This series have plenty of plot holes. I'll use this fight. Deidara's clay clone tricking Sasuke contradicts what the Sharingan can do.

What can the Sharingan actually do? Distinguish people by the colors of their Chakra, we know so much, but a clone has identical chakra with the user.

Also it was shown that even the Byakugan can be tricked through the usage of a clone.

It was just your assumption that the Sharingan can distinguish any sort of "bunshin no jutsu" although this would have made the whole Zabuza vs Kakashi fight pointless sicne Kakashi could see through any of Zabuzas clones.

Sharingan users were immune to my knowledge to the Haze Clone Technique which was soon after explained as some form of Genjutsu.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Haze_Clone_Technique

There was a multitude of events where the Sharingan was explained to be superior when it comes to the usage and the ability to distinguish between Genjutsu and reality.

So no plothole here either, just poor reading comprehension. Like every other plothole claim I´ve read so far.

The main issue with plothole claims is that whenever people dig deeper and reread they realize the fine differences that nulifie them.

Come back when you´ve got some valid claims, those right here are half assed info you confused with each other.

And keep in mind lemons and oranges are not the same thing although they are both fruit grow on trees and have alot of vitamine c.
IsterioMar 2, 2015 3:45 AM
Mar 2, 2015 4:59 AM

Dec 2012
Silverstorm said:
tsudecimo said:
So what? Deidara last justu used up all his remaining chakra, the same happened to Sasuke. Already went over the exhaustion thing, but you naturally ignored it. You can't know how much chakra he has left, and if it's enough for a summon.
If it happened to Sasuke, he would be dead. So the point remains he lived "miraculously". Also, you can know how much chakra someone has used; its seen a few times in the manga and happens to be in the deidara vs saskue fight

He didn't survive miraculously, he summoned Manda at the nick of time.

Already addressed that, and only sensory type users like Karin, and the blonde guy from the hidden clouds. Deidara wasn't a sensory type user, he was speculating about Sasuke's chakara level and have been proven wrong, even before his last jutsu.

https://i.imgur.com/9vVwcm4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iAronU5.jpg

In the whole fight, chakra levels were mentioned once by Sasuke when he thought Deidara was low on Chakra. Three times by Deidara, one of them being about his own chakra level.
Chapter 90 explains it exhaustion is equal = lacking chakra. http://www.mangapanda.com/93-95-4/naruto/chapter-90.html

Ummm, read what I said more carefully, l said it does cause exhaustion but at the same time, other factors can cause exhaustion as well. Which is proven by this:
https://i.imgur.com/nlgWYuB.jpg
''Took a toll on me''

Using Chidori on himself, was Sasuke main reason for being exhausted, he did the same thing again on himself, when Deidara's snakes caught his legs, which led to him failing from fatigue, which Deidara mistakenly thought that it meant he no longer has any charkra left, making that his second wrong speculation/guess

https://i.imgur.com/yVLb9Bf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qRza4iC.jpg

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-368-5/naruto/chapter-363.html :The fact Karin can't sense his chakra and this judging by someone's exhaustion, you can gauge where their chakra is at.

Haha. That scene flew over your head apparently.

Karin can't sense Sasuke, because Sasuke is no longer there, he is in a different space all together because he reversed summoned himself and Manda to probably that Snake place Kabuto mentioned.

You can clearly see, that explosion already happened before Karin decided to sense Sasuke:
https://i.imgur.com/WoYGzR1.jpg
then she tried to sense him
https://i.imgur.com/Kvlv52m.jpg

Then Sasuke and Manda were summoned through the summoning scroll that Sugitesu possessed.
https://i.imgur.com/XqrpOm4.jpg

This was suspense 101. The whole situation with Sasuke surviving at the last possible second was for suspense, and to led the readers to think Sasuke died for real.

And another proof, that Sasuke wasn't completely drained out of Chakara:
https://i.imgur.com/wuTCVuz.jpg

He was still able to have the Sharingan activated, even after what he went through.

He also referenced Manda as being another possible trick here:
https://i.imgur.com/kYwkYWq.jpg

Which fits very well, with the fact, that Sugitesu already had a Snake scroll reading and said ''he really did it''. Which means Manda was an option from the get go.

Ergo this was neither a plot hole, nor an asspull.

:)

Please list them then, preferably not from the Kagyua arc, because I don't like discussing that in general.

Nope, incorrect. The Sharingan can see the chakra flow, it can not tell clones apart from the original, neither can the Byuakgan even though it's even better at seeing chakra, that's because the clones have identical chakra and the same amount of chakra placed on them as the original (i.e Neji vs Naruto fight). The only way for a sharingan user to know the original, is by observing body movements and noticing patterns differinating from the original, which what happened at Naruto vs Sasuke but I could be wrong, since I don't remember well.

'' The first of the Sharingan's powers is being able to see chakra flow. The Sharingan itself gives colour to chakra, allowing the wielder to differentiate them.[5] They are also able to tell if a person is under a genjutsu because the person's chakra flow would be irregular. Sharingan can see chakra through solid surfaces such as cave pillars.[6] The Sharingan's second-most prominent ability grants the user an incredible clarity of perception, allowing them to easily recognise genjutsu and different forms of chakra, however it can't see chakra as well as Byakugan.This also allows the user to pick up on subtle detail''

https://i.imgur.com/bIOZqAW.jpg
Which doesn't make it able to tell clones.
tsudecimoMar 2, 2015 5:09 AM
Mar 2, 2015 5:31 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Silverstorm said:

Already addressed that, and only sensory type users like Karin, and the blonde guy from the hidden clouds. Deidara wasn't a sensory type user, he was speculating about Sasuke's chakara level and have been proven wrong, even before his last jutsu.

https://i.imgur.com/9vVwcm4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iAronU5.jpg

In the whole fight, chakra levels were mentioned once by Sasuke when he thought Deidara was low on Chakra. Three times by Deidara, one of them being about his own chakra level.

Ummm, read what I said more carefully, l said it does cause exhaustion but at the same time, other factors can cause exhaustion as well. Which is proven by this:
https://i.imgur.com/nlgWYuB.jpg
''Took a toll on me''

Using Chidori on himself, was Sasuke main reason for being exhausted, he did the same thing again on himself, when Deidara's snakes caught his legs, which led to him failing from fatigue, which Deidara mistakenly thought that it meant he no longer has any charkra left, making that his second wrong speculation/guess

https://i.imgur.com/yVLb9Bf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qRza4iC.jpg

Karin can't sense Sasuke, because Sasuke is no longer there, he is in a different space all together because he reversed summoned himself and Manda to probably that Snake place Kabuto mentioned.

You can clearly see, that explosion already happened before Karin decided to sense Sasuke:
https://i.imgur.com/WoYGzR1.jpg
then she tried to sense him
https://i.imgur.com/Kvlv52m.jpg

Then Sasuke and Manda were summoned through the summoning scroll that Sugitesu possessed.
https://i.imgur.com/XqrpOm4.jpg

This was suspense 101. The whole situation with Sasuke surviving at the last possible second was for suspense, and to led the readers to think Sasuke died for real.

And another proof, that Sasuke wasn't completely drained out of Chakara:
https://i.imgur.com/wuTCVuz.jpg

He was still able to have the Sharingan activated, even after what he went through.

https://i.imgur.com/kYwkYWq.jpg

Which fits very well, with the fact, that Sugitesu already had a Snake scroll reading and said ''he really did it''. Which means Manda was an option from the get go.

Ergo this was neither a plot hole, nor an asspull.

:)

Please list them then, preferably not from the Kagyua arc, because I don't like discussing that in general.

Nope, incorrect. The Sharingan can see the chakra flow, it can not tell clones apart from the original, neither can the Byuakgan even though it's even better at seeing chakra, that's because the clones have identical chakra and the same amount of chakra placed on them as the original (i.e Neji vs Naruto fight). The only way for a sharingan user to know the original, is by observing body movements and noticing patterns differinating from the original, which what happened at Naruto vs Sasuke but I could be wrong, since I don't remember well.

'' The first of the Sharingan's powers is being able to see chakra flow. The Sharingan itself gives colour to chakra, allowing the wielder to differentiate them.[5] They are also able to tell if a person is under a genjutsu because the person's chakra flow would be irregular. Sharingan can see chakra through solid surfaces such as cave pillars.[6] The Sharingan's second-most prominent ability grants the user an incredible clarity of perception, allowing them to easily recognise genjutsu and different forms of chakra, however it can't see chakra as well as Byakugan.This also allows the user to pick up on subtle detail''

https://i.imgur.com/bIOZqAW.jpg

Why do you feel the need to tell him that he´s wrong when I already did that?
Mar 2, 2015 5:41 AM

Dec 2012
I thought using direct manga proof is better, also wanted to add things you didn't mention (i.e Sasuke being exhausted from using the chidori on himself).

And he quoted me, so I felt like giving a proper and conclusive response.
Mar 2, 2015 6:37 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
I thought using direct manga proof is better, also wanted to add things you didn't mention (i.e Sasuke being exhausted from using the chidori on himself).

Can you point out the 2 minor plotholes you noticed?

I´d like to know them. Because they probably slipped my mind.
Mar 2, 2015 3:23 PM

Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:

Yes, using direct manga proof is better. I quoted you because you do this and it makes it easier to understand eachother.
Mar 2, 2015 4:52 PM

Mar 2011
Now as for this
Isterio said:
This argument is essentially pulled out of your ass.
How can you tell "as a reader" if a fictional character is out of chakra if the mangaka doesn´t tell you?
I already provided a chapter. The mangaka does tell us when a character refers to another's apparent exhaustion. http://www.mangapanda.com/93-365-15/naruto/chapter-360.html (this is another chapter besides the one given already). Inference brought on by another character is a well known and long practice in writing. http://www.mangapanda.com/93-367-10/naruto/chapter-362.html, that is an example of such a scene. We know we can trust Sasuke is not out of chakra and instead chooses to turn off his Sharingan because Deidara said it (and because he summons Manda, showing he has the chakra to maintain the use of his Sharingan though he chooses to use it for something else). I never said a character could point-by-point the exact amount of someone's chakra level though and agreed with tsudecimo that Deidara was "guessing" as well as Sasuke--all by their physical appearance of exhaustion. There is precedent for this though, it is seen in part 1. But I really don't want to go and get it...if you disagree with this paragraph, you would be saying Sasuke did in fact not have enough chakra to maintain his Sharingan, therefore he certainly couldn't summon Manda. Your pick.

Isterio said:
The characters are not living beings (you cant apply reallife rules to a fictional system like chakra)at least not beyond the rules that the readers were given to work with.
You are doing just what you said. Applying rules from real life to fictional characters. And whats worse is using this as evidence.

Isterio said:
But any normal human being is exhausted after running a marathon, yet it isn´t even threatening to the persons health , heck the opposite is the case.
Isterio said:
Except it was elaborated that reallife rules apply. e.g a character dies when being stabbed/ or hit by a gunshot.
I wish this was me twisting your words.
Isterio said:
But there was never a rule applied that confirms the "complete" exhaustion of Chakra besides death.
Isterio said:
"Chakra exhaustion" is a pretty vague term in the first place because the characters who suffer from it are the only ones givin us any information. Other examples would be Sakura/Naruto in part one, or Sakuras fight vs Sasori.
Confused by the first part a bit; We see that most that run out of chakra collapse before they are completely out. We are told by Kakashi the worst case scenario is death in part 1 (and witness it with Kakashi in part 2) Second: It is not so vague as you think, you kinda talk about it . Everyone knows the symptoms of low chakra (you didn't look at the ch. I linked) and others, again, point it out to us. It is also seen in other chapters such as when Kakashi over uses his Sharingan and Naruto summons Gamabunta for the fist time, Gama can "infer" that Naruto used most of his chakra and is surprised he had enough (as a kid) to summon him. http://www.mangapanda.com/93-101-11/naruto/chapter-96.html (I suggest reading the whole ch). Kakashi himself is wonderful example early on of his M. Sharingan, same with Itachi.

Isterio said:
"Sasuke doesn´t die and never stating himself, like every character of this show does, that he´s low on chakra, this contradicts your whole claim. Kakashi for example claimed that he was low on Chakra before he died." "Sakura: I´m nearly out of Chakra, Naruto during his training with Jiraya: I´m nearly out of Chakra, I´ve got to rest. " This alone is proof enough that he wasn´t exhausted in terms of chakra alone but more physically. It was a draining task to perform all that taijutsu in combination with Chidori on himself and so on."
No it doesn't and cause/effect. I'm not arguing he had no chakra and that is why he should be dead.

Isterio said:
I remember the Shikamaru vs Hidan fight for example. Shikamaru states multiple times that he´s nearly out of Chakra while forming his Kagemane jutsu, yet he is in no life threatening situation after the fight and barely in the Hospital." So regarding that logic it´s safe to say that those characters always speak of "low on chakra" whenever they are near the brink of a life/health threatening level of chakra usage.
This is what I was proving, why you are doing it for me is confusing.

Isterio said:
"I´d like to use Star Ocean (The game) as an example if you went out of mana in this game your character died.
Can't use a game as an example for this, just like I can't use the anime of this series, which is something I would like to do

Isterio said:
Just because of the nature of the system it´s impossible to create a plothole except the author explicitly wishes for it.
Not impossible, happens with long series such as these.

Isterio said:
What can the Sharingan actually do? Distinguish people by the colors of their Chakra, we know so much, but a clone has identical chakra with the user. Also it was shown that even the Byakugan can be tricked through the usage of a clone.
(Byakugan)Only for certain clones, which would be the shadow clones as chakra is evenly distributed confusing the user. http://www.mangapanda.com/93-105-6/naruto/chapter-100.html.

Isterio said:
Sharingan users were immune to my knowledge to the Haze Clone Technique which was soon after explained as some form of Genjutsu. http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Haze_Clone_Technique

There was a multitude of events where the Sharingan was explained to be superior when it comes to the usage and the ability to distinguish between Genjutsu and reality. So no plothole here either, just poor reading comprehension. Like every other plothole claim I´ve read so far. The main issue with plothole claims is that whenever people dig deeper and reread they realize the fine differences that nulifie them.
Not once did I say the Sharingan could be tricked by a genjutsu, it was shown plenty of times for that to not be a plothole. How you thought I would say that is mysterious.

Isterio said:
Come back when you´ve got some valid claims, those right here are half assed info you confused with each other. And keep in mind lemons and oranges are not the same thing although they are both fruit grow on trees and have alot of vitamine c.
Not sure where the tone from the first sentence stems from but you should come back when you can provide direct manga links and structure your argument a bit better. This "It was just your assumption that the Sharingan can distinguish any sort of "bunshin no jutsu" although this would have made the whole Zabuza vs Kakashi fight pointless sicne Kakashi could see through any of Zabuzas clones." is probably the only thing I would like you to clarify more.
SilverstormMar 2, 2015 4:58 PM
Mar 2, 2015 6:14 PM

Mar 2011
Geez, after the last big quote box, I see this lol.
Silverstorm said:
tsudecimo said:
So what? Deidara last justu used up all his remaining chakra, the same happened to Sasuke.
If it happened to Sasuke, he would be dead. So the point remains he lived "miraculously".
tsudecimo said:
Sorry, I was trying to say that if what you said about Sasuke also using up the remainder of his chakra is true, he then should at the least have collapsed and not had the chakra to summon Manada. He dropped out of curse mark mode due to hurting himself or using up his chakra to stay in that form (chidori to himself took a toll on him), which it seemed he used cause he was running low on chakra.

tsudecimo said:
Already addressed that, and only sensory type users like Karin, and the blonde guy from the hidden clouds. Deidara wasn't a sensory type user, he was speculating about Sasuke's chakara level and have been proven wrong, even before his last jutsu. In the whole fight, chakra levels were mentioned once by Sasuke when he thought Deidara was low on Chakra.
Sasuke is not a sensory type, so he was speculating also. Both were guessing and I agreed with you.

tsudecimo said:
''Took a toll on me''
I agreed he was speculating. The chapter was showing that stamina is needed to produce chakra.
Silverstorm said:
this judging by someone's exhaustion, you can gauge where their chakra is at.
Which is why I said this

tsudecimo said:
Karin can't sense Sasuke, because Sasuke is no longer there, he is in a different space all together because he reversed summoned himself and Manda to probably that Snake place Kabuto mentioned. You can clearly see, that explosion already happened before Karin decided to sense Sasuke:
It did fly over my head lol, sorry.

tsudecimo said:
And another proof, that Sasuke wasn't completely drained out of Chakara:https://i.imgur.com/wuTCVuz.jpg
Using the Sharingan was possible since we know he deactivated because he wanted to, which means he could have kept it active. Summoning Manda though requires a different amount of chakra.

tsudecimo said:
https://i.imgur.com/kYwkYWq.jpg. Which fits very well, with the fact, that Sugitesu already had a Snake scroll reading and said ''he really did it''. Which means Manda was an option from the get go.
I don't doubt Manda was an option.

tsudecimo said:
Ergo this was neither a plot hole, nor an asspull. :)
I was going more for the whole thing being debatable :P

tsudecimo said:
You're kidding about listing them? And we would have to include the Kaguya arc if listing all of them, which I share the dislike of discussing that in general.

tsudecimo said:
Nope, incorrect. The Sharingan can see the chakra flow, it can not tell clones apart from the original, neither can the Byuakgan even though it's even better at seeing chakra, that's because the clones have identical chakra and the same amount of chakra placed on them as the original (i.e Neji vs Naruto fight).
The byakugan was fooled because they were shadow clones and unlike some other clone techniques, evenly distribute chakra between the clones. When the byakugan tries to see which is the real one they see that all the clones have a chakra flow and the same amount of chakra.
Mar 2, 2015 7:31 PM
Oct 2013
Silverstorm said:
Geez, after the last big quote box, I see this lol.
Silverstorm said:
If it happened to Sasuke, he would be dead. So the point remains he lived "miraculously".
tsudecimo said:
Sorry, I was trying to say that if what you said about Sasuke also using up the remainder of his chakra is true, he then should at the least have collapsed and not had the chakra to summon Manada. He dropped out of curse mark mode due to hurting himself or using up his chakra to stay in that form (chidori to himself took a toll on him), which it seemed he used cause he was running low on chakra.

tsudecimo said:
Already addressed that, and only sensory type users like Karin, and the blonde guy from the hidden clouds. Deidara wasn't a sensory type user, he was speculating about Sasuke's chakara level and have been proven wrong, even before his last jutsu. In the whole fight, chakra levels were mentioned once by Sasuke when he thought Deidara was low on Chakra.
Sasuke is not a sensory type, so he was speculating also. Both were guessing and I agreed with you.

tsudecimo said:
''Took a toll on me''
I agreed he was speculating. The chapter was showing that stamina is needed to produce chakra.
Silverstorm said:
this judging by someone's exhaustion, you can gauge where their chakra is at.
Which is why I said this

tsudecimo said:
Karin can't sense Sasuke, because Sasuke is no longer there, he is in a different space all together because he reversed summoned himself and Manda to probably that Snake place Kabuto mentioned. You can clearly see, that explosion already happened before Karin decided to sense Sasuke:
It did fly over my head lol, sorry.

tsudecimo said:
And another proof, that Sasuke wasn't completely drained out of Chakara:https://i.imgur.com/wuTCVuz.jpg
Using the Sharingan was possible since we know he deactivated because he wanted to, which means he could have kept it active. Summoning Manda though requires a different amount of chakra.

tsudecimo said:
https://i.imgur.com/kYwkYWq.jpg. Which fits very well, with the fact, that Sugitesu already had a Snake scroll reading and said ''he really did it''. Which means Manda was an option from the get go.
I don't doubt Manda was an option.

tsudecimo said:
Ergo this was neither a plot hole, nor an asspull. :)

tsudecimo said:
You're kidding about listing them? And we would have to include the Kaguya arc if listing all of them, which I share the dislike of discussing that in general.

tsudecimo said:
Nope, incorrect. The Sharingan can see the chakra flow, it can not tell clones apart from the original, neither can the Byuakgan even though it's even better at seeing chakra, that's because the clones have identical chakra and the same amount of chakra placed on them as the original (i.e Neji vs Naruto fight).
The byakugan was fooled because they were shadow clones and unlike some other clone techniques, evenly distribute chakra between the clones. When the byakugan tries to see which is the real one they see that all the clones have a chakra flow and the same amount of chakra.

Same argument quality like drunk Samurai, it is like this because i say so be proud of yourself.

It was never explained that shadow clones are superior to for example wood clones or water clones.

It´s a high class jutsu that´s all we get explained and that the clones share information. The other part of info we get is that Taiyou Kagebunshin no Jutsu is a forbidden jutsu because if it´s high chakra cost.Lightning clones are superior in every way,the only Bunshin they were compared to were regular bunshin who were a neccecary ability to pass the graduation test.

Other clone techinques have shown the same feats and even superior ones compared to shadow clones. Also it would make the fact that Hashirama prefers woodclones unneccecary if shadow clones are superior in any form.

Alone the fact that 90% of your claims are based on vague assumptions can be used to turn down all of your claims.

Nothing you present is proven besides you perceiving it that way, nothing is clarified or explcitly disobeying the rules that we were given.

No one survives being stabbed through the heart or a giant nuke people die when they get hit by something life threatening.

Regarding the chakra system all your claims are just loose assumptions from pictures and you translate info given in one situation to a different one with different variables.

A+ B isn´t a possbile equation they are 2 different variables. You can´t apply the same rules to them.

IsterioMar 2, 2015 7:46 PM
Mar 2, 2015 7:58 PM

Mar 2011
Isterio said:

Same argument quality like drunk Samurai, it is like this because i say so be proud of yourself.

It was never explained that shadow clones are superior to for example wood clones or water clones.

It´s a high class jutsu that´s all we get explained and that the clones share information. The other part of info we get is that Taiyou Kagebunshin no Jutsu is a forbidden jutsu because if it´s high chakra cost.Lightning clones are superior in every way,the only Bunshin they were compared to were regular bunshin who were a neccecary ability to pass the graduation test.

Other clone techinques have shown the same feats and even superior ones compared to shadow clones. Also it would make the fact that Hashirama prefers woodclones unneccecary if shadow clones are superior in any form.

Alone the fact that 90% of your claims are based on vague assumptions can be used to turn down all of your claims.

Nothing you present is proven besides you perceiving it that way, nothing is clarified or explcitly disobeying the rules that we were given.

No one survives being stabbed through the heart or a giant nuke people die when they get hit by something life threatening.

Regarding the chakra system all your claims are just loose assumptions from pictures.

You just like being wrong. Proud of what?
I give you manga chapters to backup what I say. You don't.
You say I said things that I didn't. You even quote me for this and yet you remain wrong.
And you ignore what is said directly to you.
Unless your username is tsudecimo or anything/anyone else, you have nothing to add to this but waste my time. Sit back pup and just watch as the "big dogs" show you how to things as I won't be going back and forth with you.

And shadow clones aren't superior, I would have said the wood clones are better. ;)
Mar 2, 2015 8:21 PM
Oct 2013
Silverstorm said:
Isterio said:

Regarding the chakra system all your claims are just loose assumptions from pictures.

You just like being wrong. Proud of what?
I give you manga chapters to backup what I say. You don't.
You say I said things that I didn't. You even quote me for this and yet you remain wrong.
And you ignore what is said directly to you.
Unless your username is tsudecimo or anything/anyone else, you have nothing to add to this but waste my time. Sit back pup and just watch as the "big dogs" show you how to things as I won't be going back and forth with you.

And shadow clones aren't superior, I would have said the wood clones are better. ;)

Your whole arguments contradict themselves just by the fact that you agree on the same poins that are pointed out to exhaust your arguments.

Regarding the manga chapters you post, nothing in them proves my arguments wrong.

I claim A+B is not C.

Then you come along post a manga chapter where they say that 2+2 is 4.

And claim see, they said back then that 2+2 is 4 therefore A+B must be C.

No that´s not how it works.

You claimed that Clay clones are inferior to shadow clones with nothing to back that statement up and then proceeed to justify that by claiming that the Byakugan isn´t capable of distinguishing clones as good as the Sharingan.

There is no way you can excuse that you din´t imply that because of your earlier quote I´m to lazy to copy right now.

Anyway Drunk Samurai level of argumentation got nothing further to add because I´m wasting my time.
IsterioMar 2, 2015 8:28 PM
Mar 3, 2015 6:02 AM

Apr 2013
tsudecimo said:
I already added up all of their votes since the first poll. Sakura had bit more votes.

> Kishi purposefully reduced her screentime after the pain invasion arc in order to improve Sakuras popularity as the main heroine.

That's baseless. Along with the Kakashi thing. If you add all the votes, Naruto would be number one.

Kishimoto has said all of this in an interview.

Including trying to make Sakura more likeable, prettier, and increasing her panel time because she was less popular and liked than Hinata. He mentioned a little girl told him she didn't like Sakura. He also thought about replacing Sakura as the main heroine with Hinata. The same thing with reducing Kakashi's panel time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/2p6pqh/newest_interview_with_kishimoto_answers_various/
Mar 3, 2015 7:11 AM

Aug 2012
@ Raneer
How he can made Sakura popular is SP constantly portray her as helpless pinky flat chest tsundere ?

This tumblr show how helpless Sakura in anime compare with Sakura in manga
http://ilikesakura.tumblr.com/post/110196196884/like-seriously-sakura-can-heal-herself-she

With this ugly animation adaptation which change her into pinky flat chest tsundere, how she became popular ?
http://otakuhouse.com/images/2014/01/Naruto-Shippuden-Haruno-Sakura.jpg
Mar 3, 2015 7:34 AM

Dec 2012
Silverstorm said:

My bad also. But my point was that he used his remaning chakra, not literally all of it. No, I think he naturally doesn't want to be in curse mark mode constantly, it takes a toll on him, so he uses it, when it's necessary.

Okay.

It uses more chakra, but it's not like it a different chakra. If he was for example 40% left chakra before the summon, then he would use 25-30%, him still being able to have the sharingan activated, means he didn't hit rock bottom, ergo, he still had chakra left, so he wasn't running low on chakra before the summon, he had enough to do it. The sharingan would naturally disappear if he doesn't have chakra.

So do you admit it wasn't a plot hole? :o

Do you have prove, that other clones, don't function the same as Shadow clone when it comes to chakra placement and color? because that's the only way for Sasuke to know that was a clone.

Why not :P?

You have 670 chapters to work with, that don't include Kagyua arc. List them here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1358704

Since this is off topic.
tsudecimoMar 3, 2015 10:13 AM
Mar 3, 2015 3:38 PM

Apr 2013
db84x said:
@ Raneer
How he can made Sakura popular is SP constantly portray her as helpless pinky flat chest tsundere ?

This tumblr show how helpless Sakura in anime compare with Sakura in manga
http://ilikesakura.tumblr.com/post/110196196884/like-seriously-sakura-can-heal-herself-she

With this ugly animation adaptation which change her into pinky flat chest tsundere, how she became popular ?
http://otakuhouse.com/images/2014/01/Naruto-Shippuden-Haruno-Sakura.jpg

Not sure why you're asking me.

I'm merely going by what Kishimoto has stated and that was that Sakura was losing her popularity to Hinata.
Mar 5, 2015 7:23 AM

Aug 2012
@ Raneer
Can Sakura popular, if SP ruin her character into pinky flat chest tsundere ? Are you one of SP abomination fans ?
Mar 5, 2015 7:51 PM

Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:
My bad also. But my point was that he used his remaning chakra, not literally all of it.
The only way to know for sure is if he passed out after the fight. Thats a symptom of what happens when you use the remaining chakra but not all of it.

It uses more chakra, but it's not like it a different chakra. If he was for example 40% left chakra before the summon, then he would use 25-30%, him still being able to have the sharingan activated, means he didn't hit rock bottom, ergo, he still had chakra left, so he wasn't running low on chakra before the summon, he had enough to do it. The sharingan would naturally disappear if he doesn't have chakra.
What you were saying earlier, do we as the readers believe Deidara when he comments on Sasuke's chakra levels as inference or not? (As in what he is saying is true)

So do you admit it wasn't a plot hole? :o
I won't concede to that. It might be proven to be one in the future. I say its debatable cause, we are discussing it yeas later.

Do you have prove, that other clones, don't function the same as Shadow clone when it comes to chakra placement and color? because that's the only way for Sasuke to know that was a clone.
Color would be irrelevant as just seeing the chakra is acceptable in this instance (will look though). Chakra placement?

Why not :P?
You have 670 chapters to work with, that don't include Kagyua arc. List them here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1358704
I thought this would be fun. Going back and forth with plotholes sounds tedious. Though if I get bored, anything is possible.
Mar 6, 2015 12:32 AM

Dec 2012
What future? the series is over.

You don't really have a counter argument, so I can only see you not admitting as being stubborn.

Seeing the chakra and then what? clones have the same chakra flow inside them like the original..they don't differenate in a way that lets a sharingan user tell them apart....you are gasping at straws.

Well if your other plot holes, are at the level of the clone thing, then yeah better not bother.
Mar 6, 2015 2:36 AM

Mar 2011
Future, like a year from now someone else may notice something that we have not.

I'm trying to understand what you're saying in terms of chakra placement. Chakra flow from what I understand can be different than yours. Often this is what leads to misinterpretation which we are trying to get clear. Also chakra flow is different than or the same as chakra placement to you? or is chakra placement suppose to be the chakra pathway system? This is why I asked what did you mean, I can't respond unless I know what it is you said to respond to.

Hey, don't blame me for not having the time to look-up x-amount of chapters for a manga thats 600+ chapters that did, at its last moments perform an asspull of sorts. Its not at the top of my priority list during the workweek.

You never did answer my Deidara question.
SilverstormMar 6, 2015 2:53 AM
Mar 6, 2015 3:13 AM

Dec 2012
Silverstorm said:
Future, like a year from now someone else may notice something that we have not.

Completely irrelevant and pointless. That sort of saying is said, when someone claims something is a plot hole, and another person, tells him, the series is not finished. This does not apply here, as every information about the manga is present, to be searched.

Silverstorm said:
I'm trying to understand what you're saying in terms of chakra placement. Chakra flow from what I understand can be different than yours. Often this is what leads to misinterpretation which we are trying to get clear. Also chakra flow is different than or the same as chakra placement to you? or is chakra placement suppose to be the chakra pathway system? This is why I asked what did you mean, I can't respond unless I know what it is you said to respond to.

By chakra placement, I meant the amount of chakra. Neji and a Sharingan user/Sasuke can't differentiate between clones, because the same amount of chakra is placed equally among them, that is stated either during the Yamato training or earlier. Your initial statement is wrong, because not being able to tell a clone from the original does not contradict something the Sharingan is able to do, because as I listed it's abilities:

'' The first of the Sharingan's powers is being able to see chakra flow. The Sharingan itself gives colour to chakra, allowing the wielder to differentiate them.[5] They are also able to tell if a person is under a genjutsu because the person's chakra flow would be irregular. Sharingan can see chakra through solid surfaces such as cave pillars.[6] The Sharingan's second-most prominent ability grants the user an incredible clarity of perception, allowing them to easily recognise genjutsu and different forms of chakra, however it can't see chakra as well as Byakugan.This also allows the user to pick up on subtle detail

Which you countered with saying that Shadow clones are different than other clones, which I asked for you to prove that is true, but you did not.

To prove that Sauske should have been able to recognize Deidara, you have to provide evidence, that clay clones have different chakra flow, or different color from the original. Which you can't, because that was never implied or stated in the manga.

Silverstorm said:
Hey, don't blame me for not having the time to look-up x-amount of chapters for a manga thats 600+ chapters that did, at its last moments perform an asspull of sorts. Its not at the top of my priority list during the workweek.

Lol. Why would you need to look up to find them? this implies that ou actually have to actively search for asspulls/plotholes in order to list them, which contradicts with your initial statement ''This series have plenty of plot holes'' which should have meant that their are obvious and a lot, not needing of active search just to find them.

Essentially you made a claim, that you can't back up, and now you are using ''Ain't nobody got time for that'' as an excuse to not list them.

What Deidara question?
tsudecimoMar 6, 2015 3:17 AM
Mar 6, 2015 4:04 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
Silverstorm said:

Completely irrelevant and pointless. That sort of saying is said, when someone claims something is a plot hole, and another person, tells him, the series is not finished. This does not apply here, as every information about the manga is present, to be searched.

Silverstorm said:

By chakra placement, I meant the amount of chakra. Neji and a Sharingan user/Sasuke can't differentiate between clones, because the same amount of chakra is placed equally among them, that is stated either during the Yamato training or earlier. Your initial statement is wrong, because not being able to tell a clone from the original does not contradict something the Sharingan is able to do, because as I listed it's abilities:

'' The first of the Sharingan's powers is being able to see chakra flow. The Sharingan itself gives colour to chakra, allowing the wielder to differentiate them.[5] They are also able to tell if a person is under a genjutsu because the person's chakra flow would be irregular. Sharingan can see chakra through solid surfaces such as cave pillars.[6] The Sharingan's second-most prominent ability grants the user an incredible clarity of perception, allowing them to easily recognise genjutsu and different forms of chakra, however it can't see chakra as well as Byakugan.This also allows the user to pick up on subtle detail

Which you countered with saying that Shadow clones are different than other clones, which I asked for you to prove that is true, but you did not.

To prove that Sauske should have been able to recognize Deidara, you have to provide evidence, that clay clones have different chakra flow, or different color from the original. Which you can't, because that was never implied or stated in the manga.

Silverstorm said:

Lol. Why would you need to look up to find them? this implies that ou actually have to actively search for asspulls/plotholes in order to list them, which contradicts with your initial statement ''This series have plenty of plot holes'' which should have meant that their are obvious and a lot, not needing of active search just to find them.

Essentially you made a claim, that you can't back up, and now you are using ''Ain't nobody got time for that'' as an excuse to not list them.

What Deidara question?

It´s a plain example of someone disliking something else about the series trying to deteriorate it´s quality by false plothole claims to make people agree with his personal opinion.

It has no substance or justification besides a personal dislike for a series, which in itself is perfectly fine, but the fact of him stubbornly disagreeing on an argument that he´s lost is simply a sign of hypocrisy.
Mar 6, 2015 2:59 PM

Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:
How does this make sense to you. People can read the manga after it ends and notice things that those who finished it, didn't see. Just cause the manga ended doesn't mean it stopped being read.

tsudecimo said:
By chakra placement, I meant the amount of chakra.
Thank you, I am pretty sure that is a term you invented but its ok as long as I know what it means

Neji and a Sharingan user/Sasuke can't differentiate between clones, because the same amount of chakra is placed equally among them, that is stated either during the Yamato training or earlier. Your initial statement is wrong, because not being able to tell a clone from the original does not contradict something the Sharingan is able to do
Not true, only for shadow clones is the chakra evenly dispersed. Below is where I'll put the links.

This has been stated and I thought it was common fact, that shadow clones are different than other clones.
The basic clone technique, made of no substance. http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Technique
Water clones only get 1/10 of the chakra: http://www.mangapanda.com/93-28-2/naruto/chapter-23.html
Crow clones require less chakra: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Crow_Clone_Technique (look up the data book, it says it)
Shadow Clones: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Clone_Technique
I don't feel like hunting for individual chapters to link but those pages do link to chapters and data books.

Any "color" on that battle would be seen by Sasuke. Deidara's chakra didn't change color or lose color if he makes a clone. If Sasuke could see the mines underground and see them inside his body due to them having some color, then he can't see it once its a clone separated from the original body? The sharingan can see chakra and unless Deidara died, which is what happens when you have no chakra, he should have been able to see what was happening. The Sharingan has also been shown to be able to see x-ray like, Sasuke can see into his bloodstream but through a clay clone he can't? Don't buy it.

tsudecimo said:
I never said I wouldn't due to time, I said this isn't at the top of my priority list compared to rl.
What Deidara question?
Silverstorm said:
What you were saying earlier, do we as the readers believe Deidara when he comments on Sasuke's chakra levels as inference or not? (As in what he is saying is true)
Mar 7, 2015 1:41 AM

Dec 2012
Silverstorm said:
How does this make sense to you. People can read the manga after it ends and notice things that those who finished it, didn't see. Just cause the manga ended doesn't mean it stopped being read.

T'ch. This is a very dumb excuse, either present a counter argument or don't, instead of relining on the possibility of other people finding whatever. It's not a plot hole unless proven otherwise, in which it stands currently, it's not a plot hole or even an asspull.

This has been stated and I thought it was common fact, that shadow clones are different than other clones.
The basic clone technique, made of no substance. http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Technique
Water clones only get 1/10 of the chakra: http://www.mangapanda.com/93-28-2/naruto/chapter-23.html
Crow clones require less chakra: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Crow_Clone_Technique (look up the data book, it says it)
Shadow Clones: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Clone_Technique
I don't feel like hunting for individual chapters to link but those pages do link to chapters and data books.

None of this, helps your argument. How could Sasuke recognize a clone from the original? Sharingan can only see chakra flow, and color, that's it.

Any "color" on that battle would be seen by Sasuke. Deidara's chakra didn't change color or lose color if he makes a clone. If Sasuke could see the mines underground and see them inside his body due to them having some color, then he can't see it once its a clone separated from the original body? The sharingan can see chakra and unless Deidara died, which is what happens when you have no chakra, he should have been able to see what was happening. The Sharingan has also been shown to be able to see x-ray like, Sasuke can see into his bloodstream but through a clay clone he can't? Don't buy it.

Lol, are you having a brain fart? what you are saying helps my argument...

Sasuke can see the chakra color, so he saw the same chakara color in the clone, thus he shouldn't be able to tell it was a clone. See what through a clone? you are making no sense.

Are you referring to seeing the real Deidara inside the bird? is this what you are trying to get at? if so, then first, goodness, terrible phrasing/wording is terrible. Secondly, Deidara only made the clone the moment he celebrated Sasuke's death, because he knew he was in a Genjutsu, shortly after that Sasuke attacked, his focus was on Deidara, so he didn't go out of his way to look underneath him, nor do I think he would have been able to realize it, because the bird also has Deidara's chakra, but it's the former.

And the clone only becomes noticeable after it captures someone
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Clay_Clone

Silverstorm said:

Of course we don't. As I have proven, Deidara has no way on telling his chakra level, and he already guessed wrong before..

You already said that you ''agreed'' that they were both guessing, don't get the point of this question.
tsudecimoMar 7, 2015 1:50 AM
Mar 7, 2015 3:10 AM

Mar 2011
You seem a little worked up more than usual, everything ok? One would think any discussion is better than none.

You still baffle me with your response to this
Silverstorm said:
I won't concede to that. It might be proven to be one in the future.
with the final response of this
T'ch. This is a very dumb excuse, either present a counter argument or don't, instead of relining on the possibility of other people finding whatever. It's not a plot hole unless proven otherwise, in which it stands currently, it's not a plot hole or even an asspull.
Just cause I say the fight is debatable and haven't labeled it an asspull or plot hole.

None of this, helps your argument. How could Sasuke recognize a clone from the original? Sharingan can only see chakra flow, and color, that's it.
Can't the Sharingan also see the chakra pathway? (not the "pressure points" on the pathway) And it can see through solid things, almost x-ray vision like.

Sorry for the bad grammar, was in a rush but you got what it was conveying anyways and the question was for: If you say that we can't trust his inference of Sasuke turning of his sharingan, that would mean Sasuke actually did not have enough chakra to keep it active and if he couldn't keep it active, he couldn't summon Manda. If you say we can trust what Deidara said about Sasuke turning off his sharingan purposely, then you have to admit we can trust his previous comments as being true. That would mean Sasuke was low on chakra to begin with and couldn't possibly have summoned Manda.

And this is where I bow out, no point in going back and forth if we're both going to not agree on more than one point or let up. I can tell you will ignore what I typed, can't fault you for being a fan. Still don't know why Isterio thinks I dislike the series, granted, I like part 1 more than part 2 and I think even you can agree the last part was, out there. Would still be nice if you could reply to the bold question though.
Mar 7, 2015 3:17 AM

Dec 2012
I'm annoyed not because we don't agree, but because I don't see any counter argument you are presenting. It seems like you are gasping at small things that doesn't change anything, because you are misunderstanding something in regards to the Sharingan abilities.

I'm not sure if it was stated that the Sharingan can see the chakra pathway, only Byakagun can see those. What does seeing through the clone prove exactly? yes the sharingan can see through solid things, the clone was solid, but a real body is considered solid as well.

If Sasuke didn't have enough chakra to keep the sharingan active, there would have been a panel of him being surprised that it was turned off and ! mark, or he would be nervous, but he remained calm and normal, and the way the Sharingan was turned off, was clearly by his own will, the same sound of it disappearing and all. Deidara on that instance, made an observation, not a guess.

Well, when you feel you have the time or bored or w/e, post the things you know of find, in that plot hole thread you made, because you are currently not giving me anything to work with..
tsudecimoMar 7, 2015 3:20 AM
May 31, 2015 4:25 PM

Aug 2009
That is where you are completely wrong :)

Hinata is amazing girl and my fav female character and i have been following this anime/manga for the past 15 year ( so that means i have grown and supposedly i am more reasonble) and my conclusions after all this time is : there is NO mutual chemistry whatsoever displayed in the direction of Naruto and Hinata. Even Hinata's feeling for Naruto continued to be childish and immature, although pure. That is called adoration, not love. Love involves interaction, talk, time together.

Ok, he got the cuterst, prettiest and most lovely girl in the manga, but that should not have happened. At least not in this way.

699 chapters the romantic developement was in the direction of Naruto and Sakura and nobody can't deny that. We saw those two were inseparable. Naruto from little funny brat turned into this handsome strong ninja right in front of her eyes. Sasuke was her child dream, getting more and more vague. She was seeing Naruto growing and was experiencing a slow change of heart.

And all this was wasted for reasons unknown. Maybe too much people were fans of Hinata and just wanted for the main character to get the best girl. Or some crazy rich NaruHina fan tipped Kishi millions for it to happen. But in order to do that he destroyed the dream of Naruto one day Sakura to see him there, beside her as a man , to love and protect her ...and most importantly, to make him go back on his word. He destroyed every aspect he worked for this relationship. Because true relationship develop over time and the bonding happens during that time. And to top it up, killed Neji. With Neji in the picture there would have been riots against NaruHina i'm telling ya.

So yeah, that is what i think. Big disappointment, but still - even the bigger one is SasuSaku, at least there is little hope there is NOT canon and Sasuke might have hit i with Karin.

Dont take at least that from us, last ray of hope, Kishimoto sensei :)
diadoraJun 1, 2015 1:50 PM
Jul 31, 2015 11:31 AM
Jul 2015
It's really difficult to prove (for certain) whether Kishi intended this to be his ending or not. From an author's standpoint, there's a few things we know:

- Hinata's character was fully centered around liking Naruto. This being said, it either meant that she would end up with him or end up cast aside at some point
- Having complex pseudo-love-triangles like Hinata -> Naruto -> Sakura can bring in people, so it would do him justice to keep this alive as long as possible.
- If you look at the massive majority (not all, but most) of girls in Naruto, they all have a very hot-headed personality (Sakura, Ino, Karin, Karui, Temari, Tsunade, etc.) Hinata totally went against this mold, which was likely implemented to act as an opposite to Sakura's personality. This can help fuel the fire behind the pseudo-love-triangle shown above by appealing to different people.

Despite the above facts, that doesn't really help us out; that just tells us that Kishi planned from the beginning that one of these two would end up with Naruto (which anyone could've told you). The big question is whether it was planned from the beginning or if Kishi had a change of heart somewhere. Usually where there's a change of heart, there's a sudden shift that can be picked up on if we view the story through the main character's eyes, so let's look at the story through the eyes of Naruto:

Before Chunin Exams:
Naruto to Sakura: "Crush"
Naruto to HInata: "Unknown"
Naruto is basically hated by all before this point, so he obviously wouldn't think of them in a romantic manner at this point. Even though Hinata likes him, she doesn't say anything to him so she is automatically grouped in with everybody else. As for his crush on Sakura, there's never really a major explanation given as to where it originated from other than in the Last movie. At this point, however, she doesn't like him very much.

Chunin Exams:
Naruto to Sakura: "Crush" "Friends"
Naruto to Hinata: "Friends"
Naruto gains acknowledgement from a lot of people, meaning he is now friendly with most of his graduating class and some others. Since he just gained their friendship, however, he's definitely not going to be thinking about love from any of them. Once again, Hinata hasn't opened up about her feelings or stood out from the rest, so she's kinda clumped in withe everyone else.
This is probably where the Naruto / Sakura chance is highest because he's begun gaining Sakura's respect which means he's beginning to think he has a chance.

Sasuke Retrieval Mission
Naruto to Sakura: "Friends" "Crush"
Naruto to Hinata: "Friends"
Nothing changed on the Hinata front because this doesn't take place all that long after the Chunin Exams.
As for Sakura, this is (I think) a major turning point in their relationship. When Sakura begins crying and asks Naruto to bring Sasuke back, it would seem that Naruto finally realizes how much she loves Sasuke and that no amount of his efforts will change that. This pain is worsened by the fact that he wasn't able to keep his promise to her, making her feel even worse.

Beginning of Shipuuden --> Beginning of Pain Arc
Naruto to Sakura: "Friends -> Close Friends" "Denial"
Naruto to Hinata: "No Change"
Again with Hinata, she doesn't stand out much so there's really no room for improvement.
With Sakura, there's is a definite improvement in their relationship. Some people argue that it's romantic, although nothing in this time period really suggests whether its romantic or pseudo-sibling in nature. One fact that remains regardless of Sakura's feelings, however, is that Naruto is in total belief that Sakura could never love him because of her feelings for Sasuke, especially since he broke his promise. Even if Sakura did like Naruto and tried to convince him, he likely wouldn't be able to convince himself otherwise.

Pain Arc
Naruto to Sakura: "Close Friends" "Denial"
Naruto to Hinata: "Friends" "Holy (Insert word here), there's somebody else?"
This is a big change in the dynamic of the pseudo-love triangle. Not only does Hinata show much more courage than previously, but she admits her love and finally stands out. This is huge because it's the first time Naruto even realizes there's a chance with somebody besides Sakura and this is where things begin to change.

After Pain Arc -> End of Shipuuden
Naruto to Sakura: "Close Friends" "Denial"
Naruto to Hinata: "Friends --> Close Friends" "Potential Crush"
Naruto in general: "Way too much going on to think about romance."
Considering all that happens in this time period (rebuild village, tame kurama, war), I doubt he honestly puts much thought into romantic feelings. However, there are some things that happen that could portray romance:
- Sakura's fake confession in iron country: Whether Sakura meant it or not, this is a perfect example of Naruto's denial, where he shuts her down and tells her there's no reason why her feelings would suddenly change.
- Saving Hinata from Zetsu: He does think about the confession briefly, but quickly gets drawn back into battle.
- Holding Hinata's hand after Neji's death: I think this is a huge development in their relationship (not necessarily romantically) because he saves him from going down a dark path. Whether it was romantic or not can't really be said because considering their situation, I'm not sure Naruto was thinking about it in that way.
- The "Girlfriend" Statement to Minato: Naruto says things he doesn't think through, especially in stressful situations.
- The Sakura CPR Scene: Since naruto's pretty much dead, don't think much is going on on his end.

Blank Period:
Naruto to Sakura: "Close Friends" "Denial*
Naruto to Hinata: "Close Friends" "Potential Crush"
With Sasuke Back, Naruto is even less likely to think there's a chance with Sakura, so that one is probably off of the table.
on the Hinata side, there's two possibilities:
- He forgot about the confession: the kid is forgetful and with everything that happened since the last time he thought about it, it may have totally slipped his mind.
- He remembered, but became convinced that those feelings had disappeared due to him feeling he caused Naji's death.
It was stated that Naruto and Hinata hung out more often after the war, which leans an extent towards him remembering, but there's no solid evidence.

After this is the Last movie, which we all know what happens there.

So in the end, there was never really a major shift in Naruto's feelings.
Naruto to Sakura: Friendship grew very strong / crush was killed by realization of her love towards Sasuke
Naruto to Hinata: Friendship grew very strong / found out about love and either forgot or didn't act on it until the Last movie where he found out how strong her love was.

This is the way I have perceived it, which doesn't seem like he ever really made a complete 180 at any point. With that in mind, I think Hinata was the bride of choice since the beginning.

If you've read this whole thing than I congratulate you. If I'm seem totally off you can let me know (politely) and I'll add your statement to my list of things to ponder :p
Aug 21, 2015 4:05 AM
Oct 2013
eneldiar said:

So in the end, there was never really a major shift in Naruto's feelings.
Naruto to Sakura: Friendship grew very strong / crush was killed by realization of her love towards Sasuke
Naruto to Hinata: Friendship grew very strong / found out about love and either forgot or didn't act on it until the Last movie where he found out how strong her love was.

This is the way I have perceived it, which doesn't seem like he ever really made a complete 180 at any point. With that in mind, I think Hinata was the bride of choice since the beginning.

If you've read this whole thing than I congratulate you. If I'm seem totally off you can let me know (politely) and I'll add your statement to my list of things to ponder :p

I totally agree with your summary and it´s every thoughtful written however to safe us both time I won´t copy the whole text and just point out the small points you missed. You did a very good job at portraying Naruto´s relationships but missed points where Sakura developed to make the romance between them without a 180 impossible.

Fight vs Zabuza: Naruto still crushes on her but is dissapointed and realizes for the first time that her feelings may go deeper when they think that Sasuke is dead. Sakura´s love herself evolves by witnessing this event.

Chunin exams everything as you said but you missed 1 point Hinata is the first person to lift him up besides Iruka when he´s down. They talk before his fight with Neji, he tells him why and how much she likes him both blush.
Naruto´s seems more innocent and linked to his pride however he never had this with Sakura throughout the canon of the series (regardless of what Studio Pierrot put in).

Before the Sasuke retrieval arc there is another instance where Naruto realizes that he´s a third wheel, which is after Itachi´s arrival. Sasuke was sick through the Genjutsu Tsunade heals him and Sakura jumps his chest while Naruto leaves the room with a sad yet happy face.
This scene leaves room for speculation.
1. He moved on and is happy for the two.
2. He is sad because he´s losing to Sasuke on the lovefront but happy that he´s fine.

Than there is the fake confession you´ve mentioned which got really alot of flak because "evil Sakura" faking her orgasm (sorry had to do it). Anyway i consider thisa big plus for her character given the fact that it´s a fake confession.
She intended to throw away all her happiness(lose the man she loves and get together with just a friend) for the safety of a good friend, a very noble action from that perspective.

Throughout the whole story Hinata was always the female to bring Naruto up when he felt down. There is one other and you guessed right that woman is Kushina. He never had such a momment from Sakura, although she always was a good friend and saved his life by the end, she never managed to bring him up emotionally.

The persons who did this where Iruka, his Dad, his Mom and Hinata.
IsterioAug 21, 2015 4:09 AM
Apr 25, 2021 10:13 PM

Jan 2020
Yes, and I'm glad it was. Way better than sakura

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.