Forum Settings
Forums

General Battle Shounen / Big Three Discussion. [Potential Spoilers] v2.

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2014 5:11 PM

Jul 2011
BahamutPriest said:
JumpinJackCrash said:
Speaking of arcs, how many canon arcs does Bleach have anyway? And what are they called?

Agent of the Shinigami Arc: Chapters 1-70
Soul Society Arc: Chapters 71-183
Arrancar Arc: Chapters 183-423
The Lost Substitute Shinigami Arc: Chapters 424-479
Thousand Year Blood War Arc: Chapters 480-Current

Supposedly these 5 arcs correspond to the 5 main characters of Ichigo's Group:
Ichigo > Rukia > Orihime > Chad > Ishida

Damn, the size of Orihime arc it's way bigger than the size of the ones of Chad and Ichigo.
Nov 23, 2014 5:19 PM

Nov 2012
DrGeroCreation said:

3) Waking the Dragons (hands down the best filler arc of the series)

You know, I looked around and I'm surprised to discover they actually made legal versions of these cards:

SuperRedNov 23, 2014 5:32 PM
Nov 23, 2014 5:23 PM

Aug 2013
BahamutPriest said:
DrGeroCreation said:

3) Waking the Dragons (hands down the best filler arc of the series)

You know, I looked around and I'm surprised to discover they actually made legal versions of these cards:

Yeah I saw those a while ago. I think there are legal cards of Rafael's guardian monsters as well.
Nov 24, 2014 6:55 AM

Mar 2014
I'm gonna say it. I did not like the ending to FMA: Brotherhood. Ended to normally for me and the final battle outcome was outrageous for a series like FMA.
What do you guys think of the ending?
TheCommonMan1Nov 24, 2014 7:03 AM
Rushing to the sound of battle to protect those who can't.
My theme when I'm epic and everyone knows it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9YbzTeekg
My theme when I am in command:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KzEMqWRFk
My theme when I am going to fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTEK8Nti3_U
Mytheme when warriors like me are no longer needed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3wnN_PxUDY
Nov 24, 2014 7:06 AM

Dec 2013
TheCommonMan1 said:
I'm gonna say it. I did not like the ending to FMA: Brotherhood. Ended to normally for me and the final battle outcome was outrageous for a series like FMA.

FMA:B is the best anime in existence so it nailed all parts right. One of the best endings I have seen.
Nov 24, 2014 7:22 AM

Jan 2011
yeah i didnt like that part either, i was like thats it? but the conclusion of an anime isnt that particularly important for me
Nov 24, 2014 7:31 AM

Mar 2014
silversaint said:
yeah i didnt like that part either, i was like thats it? but the conclusion of an anime isnt that particularly important for me
I liked the series better when it was about the Ishvalian Civil War and the Ishvalian Extermination Campaign and the mysterybehind those and about the Philsopher's Stone. Didn't like it when it got to the parts about the The Seven Deadly Sins or Father.
TheCommonMan1Nov 24, 2014 7:51 AM
Rushing to the sound of battle to protect those who can't.
My theme when I'm epic and everyone knows it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9YbzTeekg
My theme when I am in command:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KzEMqWRFk
My theme when I am going to fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTEK8Nti3_U
Mytheme when warriors like me are no longer needed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3wnN_PxUDY
Nov 24, 2014 7:59 AM

Sep 2013
TheCommonMan1 said:

Big ass spoilers :)
ichii_1Nov 24, 2014 8:04 AM
Nov 24, 2014 9:20 AM
Aug 2014
TheCommonMan1 said:
silversaint said:
I liked the series better when it was about the Ishvalian Civil War and the Ishvalian Extermination Campaign and the mysterybehind those and about the Philsopher's Stone. Didn't like it when it got to the parts about the The Seven Deadly Sins or Father.

i didnt like the conclusion between Elric and God/truth....
sunnyphoenixNov 24, 2014 9:30 AM
Nov 24, 2014 9:37 AM

Mar 2014
Still a better series than toriko
Nov 24, 2014 9:39 AM

Sep 2013
Everyone go read TORIKO

It's one of the best ongoing manga, not just shonen.
The atmosphere, food and action is just on another level.

- Adult main characters
- Lot's of crazy and unique abilities, plus over the top fights and scenery
- THE WORLD BUILDING IS INSANE
- Great monster and animal designs
- Food
- Epic story with funny, tender and heart warming moments and surprises

If you like one piece and dbz, toriko is just like them except it's about hunting and with faster pacing.
Nov 24, 2014 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
TheCommonMan1 said:

Was the anime ending similar to the manga one?
If then, I'm fine with it.
TrequartistaNov 24, 2014 9:45 AM
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Nov 24, 2014 9:45 AM

Dec 2013
ichii_1 said:
Everyone go read TORIKO

- Adult main characters
- Food

If you like one piece and dbz, toriko is just like them except it's about hunting and with faster pacing.

Stop spam or reported. >:((((((
Nov 24, 2014 9:50 AM

Jun 2011
ichii_1 said:
Everyone go read TORIKO

- Adult main characters
- Food

Toriko is the worst of those 3 just saying :p
Nov 24, 2014 9:52 AM

Sep 2014
Toriko huh? it is indeed a good series but not the best ongoing manga out there.
It has a lot of potential and unique premises but the lack of anime adaptation make it one of those underreaded manga.
And the anime is just disappointing imo, dat censorship just ruin Toriko anime for me.
What become of Toriko without all the gore.
[i][b]I'am the Mayor of under development residential called MAL Backstreet Residential.
Now what are you waiting for?! Come join us at MAL Backstreet Residential!!
[/i][/b]
Nov 24, 2014 10:08 AM

Sep 2013
Toriko is better than one piece by far it's pacing is slow and drags on a lot and only the frieza saga from dbz can even compare to toriko.

robis798 said:
Stop spam or reported. >:((((((

I just posted it, you fma tard :(
Toriko has better action and world buidling then that thing.
And toriko also has pychological topics and food/life lessons that trumps anything from fma.
Now that I think back on fma is OVERRATED, guess I fell to the peer pressure from all the fanboys :(
It's an 8.5 at best, don't fall for the hype.
Nov 24, 2014 10:17 AM

Jun 2011
ichii_1 said:
Toriko is better than one piece by far it's pacing is slow and drags on a lot and only the frieza saga from dbz can even compare to toriko.
One Piece has better characters, is more fun, better powers, better fights and pirates > chefs/foodies.

Not even going to argue with the DBZ part since its just ridiculous
Nov 24, 2014 10:29 AM

Mar 2012
Just noticed both one piece manga and anime dropped in rankings. Never thought it possible...

Killaclown said:
ichii_1 said:
One Piece has better characters, is more fun, better powers, better fights and pirates > chefs/foodies.

Better characters that have generic storylines and no details. Cardboard cutouts at their finest hour.

Why Toriko is better is that One Piece tries to be taken seriously and fails 90% of the time, whereas Toriko's aim is to be enjoyable and it delivers.
Sometimes it's laughable how one piece tries to overly dramatize some moments as "tragic", but then again that's the show that hits itself with a shovel with its intrusive comedy.
End Zionazism
Nov 24, 2014 10:31 AM

Sep 2013
Killaclown said:

Sad sob backgrounds doesn't make a character better, turning into rubber is real unique isn't it XD, lol what fights? rob lucy fight was interrupted by all the other stuff going on between it and the marine ford arc is just short scuffles, hunters >> pretend pirates.

Concession accepted.
Nov 24, 2014 10:33 AM

Sep 2014
Toriko is better than One Piece? No, at least not yet.
[i][b]I'am the Mayor of under development residential called MAL Backstreet Residential.
[/i][/b]
Nov 24, 2014 10:41 AM
Aug 2014
BangToyib said:
Toriko is better than One Piece? No, at least not yet.

Not in the future either...
Nov 24, 2014 10:43 AM

Jun 2011
ichii_1 said:
Killaclown said:

Sad sob backgrounds doesn't make a character better, turning into rubber is real unique isn't it XD, lol what fights? rob lucy fight was interrupted by all the other stuff going on between it and the marine ford arc is just short scuffles, hunters >> pretend pirates.

Concession accepted.
never said it did, the characters just have more personality and are more likeable.
there are a lot more powers than the rubber one, and the way he uses it is sure unique (though admittedly not very believable) and that's just 1 power of many many powers..... pretty much all of which is better than torikos fork attack :p
there were many fights in one piece apparently u missed them as you were eating food and exclaiming every time like its the best thing u ever ate in your life.

and no, hunting animals is never going to be better than pirates but nice tr.... nah never mind it wasn't, just grasping at straws on that 1.
KillaclownNov 24, 2014 10:49 AM
Nov 24, 2014 11:16 AM

Oct 2013
Really Toriko is better than OP? Maybe I should read it, never even thought about it.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 24, 2014 11:18 AM

Jun 2011
soundscape said:
Really Toriko is better than OP? Maybe I should read it, never even thought about it.
most people don't think it is, Toriko is just not as popular as its fanbase believes it should be so on MAL you get a lot of the fanboys saying how its the best battle shonen..... its not
Nov 24, 2014 11:18 AM

Mar 2012
While both lack good storytelling, Toriko succeeds in what One Piece had failed, what people had been expecting from it for years at least:

Good world building and a fun adventure.
End Zionazism
Nov 24, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2013
Mikasa said:
While both lack good storytelling, Toriko succeeds in what One Piece had failed, what people had been expecting from it for years at least:

But OP is a fun adventure. Well if you don't take into account the pacing(I skipped a lot when I was watching the 600 ep). World building is fine, not the best but it's fine. So you say that Toriko is better in world building? That's it?
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 24, 2014 11:24 AM
Dec 2013
Mikasa said:

One Piece doesn't have a fun adventure?
Nov 24, 2014 11:29 AM

Mar 2012
soundscape said:
Mikasa said:

But OP is a fun adventure. Well if you don't take into account the pacing(I skipped a lot when I was watching the 600 ep). World building is fine, not the best but it's fine. So you say that Toriko is better in world building? That's it?

Yes I was totally stoked when they were showing us arcs of doing nothing on an island followed by forced battle scenes with no stakes whatsoever.

What interests everyone about one piece, the mystery... or at least, how good they expect the revelation will be.
So, it's mostly just...hype. About the destination.

But a real fun adventure is about the journey and... has it really been a fun journey? Have the nosebleeds of Sanji, Hodi's crackpot stories, Dressrossa's pointless, yet obligatory shonen tournament really bee fun?

I don't think so.

---------------

As for world building, I personally have high standards for it, even still, I don't expect much from one piece. And it had only two good world building instances.

2 moments out of an 800 chapter show isn't good.

Now I'm not caught up with Toriko, but many people (who I think are credible) say it has one of the most amazing world building in anime.

The current Toriko... it's pretty good still.
End Zionazism
Nov 24, 2014 11:31 AM
Mar 2013
daily reminder that there are people on MAL who genuinely think Toei is doing a good job at adapting One Piece

^there are people who will defend stuff like this
Nov 24, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
JD2411 said:
daily reminder that there are people on MAL who genuinely think Toei is doing a good job at adapting One Piece

Picture 2.No, ToeI is not that bad, it's just another exaggeration made by some people.
and about the blurry part in picture 1, it's not ToeI fault, it's his fault for watching it on Youtube 144 pixel.
Nov 24, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2012
JD2411 said:

Second picture is too good to be Toei haha
End Zionazism
Nov 24, 2014 11:37 AM
Mar 2013
tr1ckst3r said:
JD2411 said:

Picture 2.No, ToeI is not that bad, it's just another exaggeration made by some people.
and about the blurry part in picture 1, it's not ToeI fault, it's his fault for watching it on Youtube 144 pixel.
no in picture 1 zoro is wearing sanji's clothes

sorry for the low quality of that one
Nov 24, 2014 11:42 AM

Apr 2014
JD2411 said:
tr1ckst3r said:

no in picture 1 zoro is wearing sanji's clothes

sorry for the low quality of that one

It's not Sanji clothes, it is Zoro proper outfit in that arc, nothing wrong about it.
Nov 24, 2014 11:45 AM

Jan 2013
JD2411 said:

Thanks for posting this. I'm glad I dropped the anime, it just wasted my time watching it. Let alone the bad animation, but the intro scene which lasts 6-7 minutes (+ the OP) kills every episode.
Nov 24, 2014 11:52 AM

Sep 2014
lmao. What an excessive amount of misleading post.
[/i][/b]
Nov 24, 2014 11:53 AM

Jun 2014
Too much Toriko wank I can't handle it.
Nov 24, 2014 11:57 AM

Mar 2012
Monomunu said:

But you can handle the ever present one piece wank?
It's hardly wank: "bad story but good world building", but hey, someone said it's better than one piece. That is wank.
End Zionazism
Nov 24, 2014 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
Monomunu said:

No wank my good sir just the truth.
Toriko also has an amazing overall plot, but it doesn't take effect till about chapter 180 because the author focused on adventure and plain fun.
Nov 24, 2014 12:30 PM
Dec 2013
-Klad- said:
JD2411 said:

Thanks for posting this. I'm glad I dropped the anime, it just wasted my time watching it. Let alone the bad animation, but the intro scene which lasts 6-7 minutes (+ the OP) kills every episode.

You can just skip it, though.
Nov 24, 2014 12:56 PM

Jan 2014
Killaclown said:
ichii_1 said:
Everyone go read TORIKO

- Adult main characters
- Food

Toriko is the worst of those 3 just saying :p

Actually, I preferred Toriko to DBZ. All around better plot and more dynamic world & character interactions.

And as for the complaints about the 5 min intro for OP episodes, if by now you haven't figured out the mind-boggling, extraordinary capability of simply skipping it, you deserve to keep on complaining forever.
RedRoseFringNov 24, 2014 1:00 PM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 24, 2014 1:10 PM

Jun 2011
RedRoseFring said:

Actually, I preferred Toriko to DBZ. All around better plot and more dynamic world & character interactions.

And as for the complaints about the 5 min intro for OP episodes, if by now you haven't figured out the mind-boggling, extraordinary capability of simply skipping it, you deserve to keep on complaining forever.
put on your nostalgia glasses and try and say that again :p (also DBZ is way more Epic)

lol you guys stop using logic on MAL! when people complain about something like that and go as far as saying "kills every episode", you know they are just trying to find things to talk smack about.
Nov 24, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2014
Killaclown said:
RedRoseFring said:

put on your nostalgia glasses and try and say that again :p (also DBZ is way more Epic)

lol you guys stop using logic on MAL! when people complain about something like that and go as far as saying "kills every episode", you know they are just trying to find things to talk smack about.

I didn't watch DBZ as a child, so I am unaffected by the nostalgia.

Sometimes with the way people praise it, I wish I did :(
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 24, 2014 1:13 PM

Nov 2010
RedRoseFring said:
Not only that but because One Piece doesn't have an ED, it actually has about 2 or 3 minutes less content time than most anime which is not a bad thing given it's almost 700 episodes long and manages to rarely have filler. But people love to whine about things.
Nov 24, 2014 1:15 PM

Sep 2012
Killaclown said:

No, but if they don't watch the intro, they can't really say they completed the anime on their anime list.
Nov 24, 2014 1:16 PM

Dec 2013
No now everyone thinks Toriko is better than something? Fck this.
Nov 24, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2012
RedRoseFring said:

Dragon Ball for the first 28 volumes has the most consistently well excecuted plot in shonen manga, yes even better than Hunter x Hunter.

And that you can avoid a flaw doesn't mean it isn't there or that you can't complain about it.
Nov 24, 2014 1:19 PM

Jun 2012
RedRoseFring said:

I didn't watch DBZ as a child, so I am unaffected by the nostalgia.

Sometimes with the way people praise it, I wish I did :(

On the bright side, when/if you ever start Kai you'll be able to see how much better it is without "muh chaldhud" clouding your judgement. Unless you watched DBZ in Japanese, then all you're getting is a more modern OST and much better pacing
Nov 24, 2014 1:23 PM
Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
RedRoseFring said:
Not only that but because One Piece doesn't have an ED, it actually has about 2 or 3 minutes less content time than most anime which is not a bad thing given it's almost 700 episodes long and manages to rarely have filler. But people love to whine about things.
it does have 5-8 minute long recaps at the start of every episode along with dragged out reactions, dialogue and action. There's probably about 5 minutes of canon every episode tbh
Nov 24, 2014 1:23 PM

Dec 2013
Nah, DBZ was mediocre as fuck, at some points even ridiculous.

Dragon Ball was AMAZING, top notch comedy, amazing character interactions, just pure gold. Everything went downhill after Goku grew up.

So I agree about any criticism DBZ has but it still is unpleasant when everything is compared to TORIKO!!!!
Nov 24, 2014 1:32 PM

Jan 2014
BahamutPriest said:
RedRoseFring said:

Dragon Ball for the first 28 volumes has the most consistently well excecuted plot in shonen manga, yes even better than Hunter x Hunter.

And that you can avoid a flaw doesn't mean it isn't there or that you can't complain about it.

Woah. I think HxH's start is one of the worst in all of anime, with just Reborn's being comparable. It gets amazing by Yorknew.
I don't know how volumes translate into episodes, but if they cover about 280 episodes, then I'd say FMA, Naruto, Bleach (Soul Society) and One Piece would qualify for the best.
I don't think DBZ compares to any of those.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

13 by Rhaelynne »»
2 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

23 by FanofAction »»
24 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

59 by KittenCuddler »»
37 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 11 hours ago

18 by traed »»
43 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 56 minutes ago

1 by SnipeStrike »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.