Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Nov 24, 2014 3:16 PM

Oct 2014
Noro was a beast. i can't wait to see Noro again. SET THE CLOCK!!!!
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Nov 24, 2014 5:37 PM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:

Wait no. V was actually against aogiri that's why they interrogated Yoshimura about his child before the raid by CCG.

I was forgetting this bit for some reason...I only remembered V's connection to the liquefied ghouls.
Did Yoshimura have an agreement with them? Cause I'm pulling up a blank on why they thought he betrayed them?
Nov 24, 2014 10:06 PM

Sep 2013
2-Kawaii said:
I'm starting to think that Kaneki's healing abilities is the same as Noro's. I guess we wont know until he gets decapitated.

Nah , noro might be something else entirely.
They called him a monster for a reason :)

I always hated akira, so tsuck up and all, but she needs to stay alive for my man amon thou :(
Nov 25, 2014 2:50 AM

Mar 2013
I want to see Haise go wild for a longer time.

Well, meeting with Arima doesn't bode well to Haise.
I wonder what they'll talk about.
Nov 25, 2014 5:02 AM
Nov 2014
MuggleBorn said:
Z4k said:

Wait no. V was actually against aogiri that's why they interrogated Yoshimura about his child before the raid by CCG.

I was forgetting this bit for some reason...I only remembered V's connection to the liquefied ghouls.
Did Yoshimura have an agreement with them? Cause I'm pulling up a blank on why they thought he betrayed them?

I have a feeling it is because they knowhischild is the 1 eyed and heprobably had an agreement to get rid of her but didnt.
Nov 25, 2014 5:06 AM

Jul 2014
meowmix101 said:
MuggleBorn said:

I have a feeling it is because they knowhischild is the 1 eyed and heprobably had an agreement to get rid of her but didnt.

I love how you say "probably". It is stated in the manga why he did that and what his relation with V is.
Nov 25, 2014 8:49 AM
Nov 2014
Arcanix said:
meowmix101 said:

I love how you say "probably". It is stated in the manga why he did that and what his relation with V is.

I said 'probably' because I don't remember the exact events, sorry about that. :)
Nov 25, 2014 10:06 AM
Feb 2012
V is a mysterious organization that the manager used to belong to in his younger days. He was forbidden to have any relationships and children, and then they found out about his woman(and by chance she was a journalist who was chasing V) and Yoshimura had to kill her because he had no other choice(kill her or die together). It obviously had a big impact on Eto.
And it implies how strong the organization is as Yoshimura had to kill his woman because he knew he couldn't stand a chance against them, and the other time when a few members appeared he asked if they came to kill him which obviously implies that only a few members can actually defeat him. They may have even stronger ghouls than the manager himself, who knows.
Nov 25, 2014 11:44 AM

Oct 2014
Question:

Was Kaneki ever shown with the number 4?

And Touka with the number 3?

If they have, can anyone tell me where?
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 25, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
gabyta07 said:
Question:

No. Kaneki 100%, Touka maybe there was and i don't remember.
Nov 25, 2014 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
Arcanix said:
gabyta07 said:
Question:

No. Kaneki 100%, Touka maybe there was and i don't remember.

Thanks, someone told me they had already been represented by emperor and empress in the manga, but I guess they were wrong, thanks again

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 25, 2014 4:00 PM

Mar 2013
Finally it's officially confirmed that Sasaki is indeed Kaneki and Serpent is Nishio-senpai!
Poor Sasaki/Kaneki though... Maybe it was with a little of his will or against his will to change into a completely new person, but I really hope he comes to terms with himself.
I dislike Arima. We really don't know much about him other than him being the top and strongest of the CCG. He just comes and stabs Kaneki and now he appears again. >:c
Nov 25, 2014 7:30 PM
Nov 25, 2014 10:42 PM

Oct 2014

Mmmm, I don't agree

First of all bc of the sentence "Nishio-senpai, huh? who?", meaning he does not remember
Second, yes we call him Kaneki, but indeed he is not, that jus his kakuka self talking to him IMO, it is dangerous for Kaneki to accept him, since he can not control the kakuja form, plus it drives him more mentally unstable.
I think he will find more stability when he completes it.

At the end of chap 7, could it be the wheel of fortune together with the star on the floor?

Then it could mean Sasaki will only receive a pat on the head, and that's it.
gabyta07Nov 26, 2014 12:22 AM

Nov 26, 2014 2:02 AM
Apr 2013
I wish some shit happened that can't be explained and we got Kaneki back.
Nov 26, 2014 2:05 AM

Apr 2014
gabyta07 said:
At the end of chap 7, could it be the wheel of fortune together with the star on the floor?

I don't know about the star but it indeed is the wheel of fortune in the last panel.
Nov 26, 2014 2:40 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
gabyta07 said:

I don't know about the star but it indeed is the wheel of fortune in the last panel.

Thanks, then something is going to develop, could it be Sasaki and Arima are going to partner up for a mission?

Chapter 8 where are you???

Nov 26, 2014 7:18 AM
Oct 2012
I really thought it was all joke around the theory of clones, but this theory is even after the last chapter still quite internationally accredited by the supposed fans, even more than the kakuhou transfers the soul and memories of the former User's life.
Nov 26, 2014 7:29 AM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:
I really thought it was all joke around the theory of clones, but this theory is even after the last chapter still quite internationally accredited by the supposed fans, even more than the kakuhou transfers the soul and memories of the former User's life.

LOL "supposed fans"

I think I'll check what the spanish and french fans have to say about it

I only found ppl who had already read chapter 7, saying that they removed Kaneki's kakuhou and they put him inside Sasakii, just like Rize.
Now I remember why I never read spanish forums
gabyta07Nov 26, 2014 8:38 AM

Nov 26, 2014 9:03 AM

Oct 2014
gabyta07 said:
Acernos said:

LOL "supposed fans"

I think I'll check what the spanish and french fans have to say about it

I only found ppl who had already read chapter 7, saying that they removed Kaneki's kakuhou and they put him inside Sasakii, just like Rize.
Now I remember why I never read spanish forums

but why is his hair white and turning black? why is he endowed with using his kagune in ways reminiscent of old comrades? why is he having a mental breakdown similar to nashiro and kurona when reminded of his past?

you'd figure genetic manipulation and he being a clone they could hone him just having physical skills and a dullened personality with a swiped clean memory...

but they decided not to because???

yeah, no its kaneki. not a clone. but the triple O.G. rookie of the year.. Ken "Eyepatch-kun" Kaneki..

why are they still holding on to this when there are so many other things to theorize?

anikanekiNov 26, 2014 9:09 AM
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Nov 26, 2014 11:46 AM

Sep 2013
Anything can happen, you can't prove or disprove anything yet.

-kaneki might be an after effect of sasaki implanting his organ
-sasaki is a brainwashed kaneki
-kaneki has mulitple personalites
-sasaki is kaneki's clone (LOL)

anymore theories?
Nov 26, 2014 12:16 PM
Apr 2014
Tokyo Ghoul Carnaval

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/25-1/tokyo-ghoul-carnaval-game-reportedly-planned-for-smartphones

So Tokyo Ghoul is getting a mobile game. Hmmm at least it's spreading it's horizon.
Nov 26, 2014 1:33 PM

Oct 2014
ichii_1 said:

anymore theories?

possible, yes. plausible, no.
Nov 26, 2014 1:38 PM

Sep 2014
ichii_1 said:

anymore theories?

Wait, people are seriously still debating this? And here I thought chapter 7 would put an end to all this...

Nishiki recognizes him, calls him Kaneki... How would that happen to some random guy with Kaneki's organs? A Kakuhou does not make you look exactly like someone else.

Kaneki recognizes Nishiki back (briefly) and calls him by name. How would a Kaneki clone have any memories of who Nishiki was?

I realize we've all argued this point a million times now but seriously people, Kaneki is alive, give it a rest.
Nov 26, 2014 1:45 PM

Oct 2014
CNTRI715 said:
ichii_1 said:

anymore theories?

Wait, people are seriously still debating this? And here I thought chapter 7 would put an end to all this...

Nishiki recognizes him, calls him Kaneki... How would that happen to some random guy with Kaneki's organs? A Kakuhou does not make you look exactly like someone else.

Kaneki recognizes Nishiki back (briefly) and calls him by name. How would a Kaneki clone have any memories of who Nishiki was?

I realize we've all argued this point a million times now but seriously people, Kaneki is alive, give it a rest.

just ....just let them have it. I'm almost done rereading TG and there are so many flaws with the idea that sasaki is someone else that i could literally throw up at this point. There are way more unanswered things that could be focused on.
Nov 26, 2014 1:48 PM

Jul 2014
Nishiki would call a Kaneki clone, Kaneki... because he couldn't know that he isn't really Kaneki, but at the same time he is Kaneki because he is a Kaneki clone. So ya, Sasaki is a Kaneki clone.
Nov 26, 2014 1:49 PM

Nov 2012
im still waiting for black haired suzuya from oneshot joker, i believe its canon material
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 26, 2014 5:46 PM

Nov 2014
Arcanix said:
Nishiki would call a Kaneki clone, Kaneki... because he couldn't know that he isn't really Kaneki, but at the same time he is Kaneki because he is a Kaneki clone. So ya, Sasaki is a Kaneki clone.

^ this has to be it.

i bet kaneki fuckd his mom and sasaki was born. i know i know wut ur gonna say, hwo could kaneki fuck his mom when he died? Same way goku got goten born.
Nov 26, 2014 8:25 PM

Oct 2014
bromains said:
Arcanix said:

^ this has to be it.

i bet kaneki fuckd his mom and sasaki was born. i know i know wut ur gonna say, hwo could kaneki fuck his mom when he died? Same way goku got goten born.

Yo I laughed out loud at this.. My god kudos .....gokudos? ...Yeah!! Gokudos!!!
Nov 26, 2014 10:22 PM

Nov 2012
bromains said:
Arcanix said:

^ this has to be it.

lol goku
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 26, 2014 10:45 PM

Apr 2014
Okay let me go through this easily for those of you who still are being kinda idiotic.

1: Sasaki's hair is starting to black because of the fact hair grows over time. I know, weird right? Kaneki's hair turned white during the toture by Jason from a syndrome known as Marie Antoinette Syndrome. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Antoinette_syndrome. It's a condition that happens to a person's hair under extreme stress, and is coined by the Queen Marie event during the French Revolution because her (The captured Queen's) hair turned white during her capture and before her guillotine execution. Kaneki's hair has grown over time since that torture, and the Melatonin that was destroyed by the Syndrome he suffered under torture, is being rejuvenated in his new hair growth because he is no longer under that stress.

2: There is absolutely no evidence that a transplant of the organs provides the images of the prior owners life. This has been debated into the ground because Kaneki saw Rize, not because he had her organs, but because she was the physical representation that Kaneki's mind placed on his "ghoul" side. Note that ever since that scene, and since he accepted his ghoul side, he has never seen Rize in his mind again. Had the organ transplants been the cause, there is no reason why those manifestations would stop just at one point because the organs are still present.

3: Clones have no real place here because there has been nothing supporting the idea of clones in the story thus far. I don't know where this theory even came from because it's based on just spit ball evidence. "It fits so it might work" mentality. So far we've been shown that transplants can happen, that implants of quinque can happen through the Quinx squad, and that ghouls can devour and obtain each other's kagunes. But no where but one line in the end of the first manga that says "We can make more Kaneki's" does a "clone theory" seem reasonable. Even so, that line was said in the Doctor's Lab, which doesn't make sense, had they even cloned a Kaneki, how does the CCG now have a clone?

Sasaki is Kaneki. Can we please just stop trying to force a argument against that simply to "go against the grain"?
Nov 26, 2014 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
ichii_1 said:

anymore theories?

This is the worst post ever, do you even understand the plot?
Nov 27, 2014 6:37 AM

Sep 2013
ma103 said:

Disprove them then, you can't btw cause there isn't enough information.
Nov 27, 2014 7:44 AM

Nov 2014
ichii_1 said:
ma103 said:

You remind me of a religious person asking me to disprove that a God exists.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2014 8:10 AM

Jul 2014
This is like the single most fucking amazing manga chapter ever. You guys should stop making theories out of your ass and wait for the next chapter.
Nov 27, 2014 8:49 AM
Nov 2014
will spoilers for chapter 8 be coming out soon?
Nov 27, 2014 8:56 AM

Jul 2014
Oh you didn't hear? Ishida is on hiatus working on the second season of the anime. We will get next chapter in January.
Nov 27, 2014 8:59 AM
Nov 2014
Arcanix said:
Oh you didn't hear? Ishida is on hiatus working on the second season of the anime. We will get next chapter in January.

ohhhh thank you, i was not aware!
Nov 27, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
Arcanix said:

Please tell me you're trolling.

D:

Edit - Nevermind.
Kvothe51Nov 27, 2014 9:38 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2014 10:30 AM

Sep 2014
Arcanix said:

Wait... really? THIS IS NOT WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR ON MY THANKSGIVING ARCANIX :,(
Nov 27, 2014 10:32 AM

Nov 2014
CNTRI715 said:
Arcanix said:

Wait... really? THIS IS NOT WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR ON MY THANKSGIVING ARCANIX :,(

According to the mods over at the Tokyo Ghoul subreddit the scan should be released on the 29th of November, but I don't know if they're reliable or not.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/TokyoGhoul/comments/2n1lo2/tokyo_ghoulre_ch07_links_and_discussion/
Nov 27, 2014 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
I run that subreddit
Nov 27, 2014 10:38 AM

Sep 2014
Arcanix said:
I run that subreddit

Not sure if trolling on any or all of this -_- Guess I'll have to wait for the 29th.
Nov 27, 2014 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
lol he's joking...
Nov 27, 2014 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
Damn badass Kaneki

Nov 27, 2014 2:55 PM

Dec 2013
Acernos said:
HOLY SHIT, SOULS ALONG KAKUHOU TRANSFER

FUCKING RIZE HAS NOW AN HORCRUX
Nov 27, 2014 8:13 PM

Nov 2014
LameReader said:
Acernos said:
HOLY SHIT, SOULS ALONG KAKUHOU TRANSFER

FUCKING RIZE HAS NOW AN HORCRUX

don't be fucking ridculous dude. Rize is the 11 tailed beast and when kaneki was dying because she lured him in to that alley she felt remorse and sealed herself inside of kaneki to save his life, this is why they often chat and he sees her not because shes his "ghoul half?" that shit is unrealsitic.

Anyway i always thought about ghoul investigators attaching a quinque to their body in some way, when they revealed the quinckes squad i thought my vision had been realized but in a different way but now i begin to think, i bet they replaced suzuya leg with a quinque, he had the acrobatics/mobility/talent to make something like a quinque leg work where as most investigators would probably be more suited with a quinque arm.
Nov 27, 2014 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
ichii_1 said:

Sasaki IS kaneki as proven in chapter 7 as nishiki recognizes him. Hell, every since the very first chapter of :re, Ishida is already giving us the obvious hint of sasaki's true identity based on his appearance. One's appearance will not change when receiving any organs or sort else kaneki will be looking like rize.

Therefore, if kaneki's "organs" were transplanted to some random dude, the transplantee will NOT look like kaneki.
Nov 28, 2014 1:17 AM

Jul 2014
ma103 said:
ichii_1 said:

Sasaki IS kaneki as proven in chapter 7 as nishiki recognizes him. Hell, every since the very first chapter of :re, Ishida is already giving us the obvious hint of sasaki's true identity based on his appearance. One's appearance will not change when receiving any organs or sort else kaneki will be looking like rize.

Therefore, if kaneki's "organs" were transplanted to some random dude, the transplantee will NOT look like kaneki.

But if Sasaki was a Kaneki clone then he would look like Kaneki, Nishiki would recognize him as Kaneki while he isn't actually Kaneki. Your move atheists.
Nov 28, 2014 2:53 AM
Aug 2011
-signed in

-signing off
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.