Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2014 7:51 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
1. Juri has a lotta balls to declare in front of every1 that she'll be taking the teacher roll

2. The look yotsuba (pastry dude) gave to juri in the cafeteria was priceless

3. It's understandable that juri wants to achieve stuff using her power, not her mom's

4. Love juri's assertiveness. It's needed to balance out 3 nice girls

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Nov 22, 2014 11:53 PM
Mar 2014
Great Teacher Juri-chan! I would love to actually watch this drama. Looks cute. Juri's conflict with regards to her family is very interesting, and I feel like it'll be a recurring theme throughout the season. Gotta agree that her assertiveness is necessary.

Pacing also feels a lot closer to Season 1's, and I'm really grateful for that.
Nov 23, 2014 12:48 AM

Jan 2012
sevendeadlywins said:
Great Teacher Juri-chan!

I'll take her as a teacher any day over Onizuka... and Johnny Bepp too. Way to put the ball in the net!

I did expect Aikatsu! to heat up, but not like this. Juri is seriously fire personified. She brings that slick contrast to compliment the lead trio. Not to mention, I sense a potent mix of Ran, Aoi, and Seira in her.
Nov 23, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2011
StyleF1re said:
sevendeadlywins said:
Great Teacher Juri-chan!

I'll take her as a teacher any day over Onizuka... and Johnny Bepp too. Way to put the ball in the net
I can understand first but Johnny? I think it's called heresy.

that was interesting episode - Juri might bring some energy to this season. as long as there will be some development with her (leaving her Kitaoji Theatre-like way of talking would be most appreciated too).

major complaint I have with this episode: we didn't saw Akari as delinquent, that would be awesome or even better Sumire doing it.
Nov 23, 2014 10:03 PM

Jan 2012
Dalek-baka said:
I can understand first but Johnny? I think it's called heresy.

that was interesting episode - Juri might bring some energy to this season. as long as there will be some development with her (leaving her Kitaoji Theatre-like way of talking would be most appreciated too).

major complaint I have with this episode: we didn't saw Akari as delinquent, that would be awesome or even better Sumire doing it.

He's somebody that I used to know. Jokes aside, Bepp's been on a terrible decline marked solely by puzzling expressions and his signature "Yeah!"

Hopefully Juri doesn't turn out to be Sakura 2.0 (or even DreAca 2.0). What the heck happened to DreAca anyway? haha
Nov 23, 2014 11:50 PM

Jun 2009
...It's weird that middle schoolers are auditioning to play teachers...or naughty detectives for that matter...usually I can gloss right over that kind of stuff but this time I was like "wait, what?"
kelkenNov 24, 2014 7:12 PM
Nov 25, 2014 2:06 AM
Oct 2012
Hope she stays this time and won't be killed off like another certain wild redhead we used to know.
Nov 29, 2014 9:01 PM

Nov 2009
kelken said:
...It's weird that middle schoolers are auditioning to play teachers...or naughty detectives for that matter...usually I can gloss right over that kind of stuff but this time I was like "wait, what?"

They're suggesting something that people in Japan wants... guess what it is?
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 1, 2014 2:00 PM

Jun 2008
Hot.
Dec 1, 2014 9:51 PM

Jun 2011
^_^ Okay. I admit. I've regained some hope for this season with Juri's introduction, and she lived up to my expectations in bringing some sexiness and fire (...In that, you know, middle school way without being over the top) to Aikatsu.

I love her back-story, I think she's got a killer attitude for this show's standards... and I hope we see a lot more of her.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Jan 24, 2015 7:44 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
StyleF1re said:
sevendeadlywins said:
Great Teacher Juri-chan!

I'll take her as a teacher any day over Onizuka... and Johnny Bepp too. Way to put the ball in the net!

I did expect Aikatsu! to heat up, but not like this. Juri is seriously fire personified. She brings that slick contrast to compliment the lead trio. Not to mention, I sense a potent mix of Ran, Aoi, and Seira in her.

She's the improved version of Seira except she's Spanish lol

I sense the elegance from Ran in her and the fired up attitude of Seira in her too. Not sure about Aoi but Ran/Seira seem to fit Juri more.

Speaking of Ran, she was damn beautiful this episode. Her outfit was vintage Ran, always being elegant and choosing the colors that best fir her.

I like Juri's character. Wanting to create her own legacy on her own and not living off her mother's legacy. I agree with her, start from the bottom, gain experience, and become stronger.

Ran and Juri would make a great team. Both had things in common.

Johnny-sensei looked like a high school guy with those clothes he had on during the audition. Too bad he got scored on countless times.

Also, Akari sure used the word Hot a lot of times.

- She's very Hot
- Very Hot
- Hot
- Hot

Mar 8, 2015 2:15 PM

Jul 2008
Nice episode. I liked the insert song that played over the audition.

It is cool how Juri wants to become an actress/idol on her own merits and not her mom's. That issue is pretty realistic in the entertainment industry.

Haha I didn't realize until the aphorism that the Aikatsu Sensei outfit was a coord. And a Spicy Ageha one at that~
Feb 19, 2016 10:51 PM

Apr 2012
How can a 12 year old play a teacher? Even in highschool doramas the student are often played by 20 year olds. Also

>wants to be considered her own actress
>uses exactly the same gimicks as her mother
Feb 20, 2016 1:57 AM

Apr 2012
Damn I love Juri already.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 10, 2016 2:10 AM

Nov 2013
Finally an interesting character has shown up. I'm already tired of bland trio.
Poor Johnny-sensei always gets beaten up by girls on casting.
Apr 2, 2018 8:52 AM

Jul 2015
Whenever I saw Juri in the OP I was like "she will definitely have a Spanish theme, right?", And hell yes she does! She even says "gracias", as a Spanish person I feel pleased.

I love how the translations put "hot" instead of something like "passionate", I laughed so hard whenever Akari said that, "she's hot!" "Her mother is hot too!" "Even her father is hot!" My sides.

Awesome episode, Juri's struggles were real, being the son/daughter of a famous person must be awful when it comes to showing your own value and not just being there for who they are the son/daughter of. Nothing to worry, you are great and you showed it!
Sep 13, 2021 2:16 AM

Feb 2020
I guess Juri is an ok character, but I still prefer DreAca girls over her, Hinaki and Sumire. It's like the whole DreAca doesn't exist in the same universe anymore. I think they did a stupid thing by completely removing them from this show.

SerafosMar 2, 8:56 AM
Dec 4, 2023 6:49 AM
Dec 2023
Okay, can I just say that Hinaki and Juri have the best relationship in the entire series (next to Yurika and Kaede ofc)? I know we don't see much of them yet, but the fact that they're childhood friends is awesome (also I totally ship them but who doesn't honestly?)

Juri is such a good character too! Wish she got more performances in the series, but I guess she does more acting over singing, so it kinda makes sense. At least they don't give her the Shion treatment and never let her perform.
Feb 5, 9:33 PM

May 2019
Hot hot hot. Juri is a very interesting character with her own conflict and I already like her personality too. She is so much better than Seira could be. Nice addition to spice the main cast with how contrasting they are.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 178 Discussion

megmica - Mar 31, 2016

37 by VivaceRex »»
Feb 17, 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.