Forum Settings
Forums

How having a girlfriend affect your experience as an anime viewer?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 19, 2014 3:13 PM

Oct 2012
mayukachan said:
Shuhan said:
My girlfriend left me because she said I was un american for watching Chinese cartoons.

That's sad...

She's not wrong, watching Chinese cartoons is for communists.
Nov 19, 2014 10:09 PM

Sep 2012
Well seeing as my girlfriend is a huge anime fan herself, we watch it together. She's into all the anime I'm into. It's quite fun. :)
Nov 20, 2014 12:11 AM

Jul 2013
I've definitely had less time to watch anime since I've been with my girlfriend. Add on university work, and there is hardly any time for anime. Though I may sneak in a few episodes occasionally. I plan on watching more whenever I'm on break from school.

We've been together for a little over 8 months now. She isn't really a fan, which is fine by me. She is fine with me watching anime/ reading manga and light novels etc. Sometimes I do wish I had more time for anime though. I still somehow manage to keep up my manga and light novel reading though. So it isn't all bad.
Nov 20, 2014 12:23 AM
Feb 2014
Well we do watch anime together from time to time but sometimes she'll watch series on her own or from my recommendation. It's ironic though, I didn't know she was into anime until she told me about it after me keeping it a secret for a while so I told her I was also into it and she wanted to know a little more about what I watched and the like and thanks to me she has a new favorite series. When we watch together we connect a little better since we're both people who enjoy things rather than critique them and that works out just fine.
Nov 20, 2014 12:39 AM

Aug 2014
Before meeting me, my boyfriend didn't even know what anime was. Recently he's started reading the manga he finds in my room and seems to be into some of them, but he still doesn't like to watch anime, even the more mature ones. So yeah I do watch less anime nowadays. I'm not sad at all about it though.
Nov 20, 2014 1:01 AM

Sep 2011
All I know is when I did have a girlfriend most the time I had for anime went out the window because I had to talk to her so much.
Nov 20, 2014 1:05 AM

Mar 2009
Hmmm, I used to watch anime a lot with one person I'm dating. Streaming anime together on Livestream actually added to anime productivity for me but they used to be someone who watched anime a lot more actively than me.

The people I date are people who like anime anyway, and I've found that experiencing anime with someone you love like that does add an element of fun... nostalgically visiting classics to see how they'll feel about it, and which elements stand out to them. I guess doing that you might not be consuming as much 'new' anime but as a shared experience it's pretty great.

Maybe it does slow down your anime input a bit, but in the way any additional activity or friend can keep you busy from doing things you might otherwise be doing.
Nov 20, 2014 1:10 AM

Oct 2014
Doesn't change anything, it shouldn't.
Nov 24, 2014 3:14 PM

Oct 2013
Me and my girlfriend would recommend each other anime and then talk about anime that were enjoying
Nov 24, 2014 6:52 PM
Sep 2014
Yes
Girlfriend = less free time i think
Nov 24, 2014 7:33 PM

Sep 2013
I watch anime on a tablet when commuting to University (three hour commute in total daily). Just sit on the corner of the train and chill.

Won't effect me or my partner
Nov 24, 2014 7:37 PM

Feb 2013
badwolf45f said:
lolicles said:
Well I have a boyfriend and we just watch anime together. He even gives me anime to watch, vice versa.

Pretty much the same. Tho is true when we're together I dont watch the same amount of anime I watch alone but not gonna complain about that.

Pretty much all people said above.

Nov 24, 2014 8:52 PM

Nov 2014
OH PLEASE None of us have girlfriends here.

Well I DON'T

I have THE worst luck with women. THE WORST.
Nov 24, 2014 9:01 PM

Feb 2014
popetherevXXVIII said:

Well I DON'T

There are 7 billion people on this planet mate. I'm sure someone has it worse than you.
cheer up.
Nov 24, 2014 9:02 PM

May 2014
my ex didnt even know i watched anime lolol
Nov 24, 2014 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
You have to watch out for her everytime you look up some loli, she might not like the fact you are also attracted to a young or just a smaller female (if of age).

Nov 24, 2014 9:04 PM

Nov 2014
Unfortunately, I'm still too young to have a boyfriend or a girlfriend, and truthfully, I don't know very many people. I have like four friends including my parents and their friends who we play board games with, but if I did have one, I'd probably still watch anime, I'd just get a lot less sleep.
Nov 24, 2014 9:05 PM

Nov 2014
hentai_eucli said:
popetherevXXVIII said:

Well I DON'T

There are 7 billion people on this planet mate. I'm sure someone has it worse than you.
cheer up.

:) thanks
Nov 24, 2014 9:26 PM

Jul 2014
idk
Nov 24, 2014 9:49 PM

Sep 2013
I used to watch anime with my ex-gf and it was pretty fun since she would be more eager than myself to play the next episode.

We watched Yu Yu Hakusho together in like a weekend and it was awesome, but the best was Perfect Blue since we both reacted with each other at the events as they unfolded. I watched a number of series with her; like 5 years worth.

As a whole, those were good times, we would smoke and then watch whatever series we were on and just react; not to endorse psychotropic influences, but it was good times, not trying to mask over that fact, in the least.
My watch list for anime: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Stonedtanuki

"Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream." - Wallace Stevens
Nov 24, 2014 10:12 PM

Apr 2012
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Its a fact that having activities or a gf/bf would drain your anime time severly. The more you're busy, the less time for anime.

Just watch anime with them? Problem solved.
Nov 24, 2014 10:17 PM

Aug 2012
popetherevXXVIII said:

Well I DON'T

True bro. I'm "no girlfriend since birth" kind of guy and I'm 20.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 19 minutes ago

6 by Ratris_Decision »»
32 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

71 by Kundi-Man »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

94 by traed »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

210 by perseii »»
30 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Apr 23

34 by joseifan »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.