Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2009 11:28 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Surprised at the fact that Randoh didn't even go through the second surgery and had a mask for the time being, as well as Yuna knowing about this and testing to see if Randoh is trustworthy. Seems like everything has gone back to the usual days for Randoh though to live as Yuna for another year before he can finally change back (though curious as to how the this might go, now that the rest of the school is aware that Randoh is still alive, does this mean that he has to play as both Yuna and Randoh? lol). For the final chapter, it was okay though, but as a series it was pretty good and entertaining to several extents, a good read overall ^^.
Jan 11, 2010 2:17 PM

Dec 2008
I didn't quite like this ending. Although I can understand the author not wanting to end the series ultimately I would have loved to see a resolution to the whole story. I don't think there will ever be a continuation to Pretty Face, therefore it would have been cool to know what happened to Rando's family and to see if Rando and Rina get together, etc.

It's really a shame with this author. His other work Mx0 ended prematurely as well. If you liked the main character and the overall style of Pretty Face be sure to check that one out, too.

Oct 17, 2011 11:03 PM

Jan 2010
It says on MAL that there's 53 chapters...but there's only 52 T_______T

EDIT: Mah bad there's an extra :L
Jun 26, 2013 9:30 AM

Dec 2009
Randou's an idiot!!

I can't believe he would sacrifice his face just to take Yuna's place for a year... I mean, who's fault is it that Rina's alone in the first place!!

Not a fair test at all, but Randou's an idiot so it doesn't matter I guess.
Apr 6, 2014 9:01 PM

May 2013
I was very disappointed with this ending. I can understand the series was cut short and the author didn't want to ultimately end it. But I found myself rooting so much for Rando to reclaim his old life and approach Rina as himself and hopefully get together with her. In the end all I saw was a selfish Yuna wanting Rando to solve all the problems with her sister (which she started by runnung away) and a stupid Rando who didn't seem to fight hard enough to chase his own happiness with his own face and life. AND RINA STILL HAS NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING!! I just find it so underhand that the series could end with such deceit.

In the end this is just my opinion but I had such high hopes and they got ruined :( Ugh...rant over.
LoanRangerApr 6, 2014 9:04 PM
Aug 26, 2014 10:05 AM

Aug 2010
It was a good ending given the current circumstance but they could have done a better job than this. Still I wonder what could have happen next as another semester starts for our characters and when Yuna does finally decide to come back. Will Rando go back to his old life for good? I guess I shall go to the deepest parts of my mind in the realm of fan fiction to satisfy my curiosity.
May 6, 2015 11:19 PM

Nov 2011
Ending felt like...a big meh to the fans. I mean, I liked the comedy but the story wrapping up like that? Back where we started LOL. 5/10. Even the storytelling became blend about half way.
May 14, 2015 11:36 AM

Jan 2014
I didn't like the ending that much. Rina didn't get to know the truth in the end and Randou was going to do surgery again? I mean c'mon, why wouldn't Randou just approach Rina in his true form and discuss about the whole thing, it's not his fault that Yuna selfishly wants to go to Tokyo without saying anything to Rina about it. I can understand the reasons behind these actions but they still annoyed me and I wish that there would've been more story about real Randou and his relationship with Rina.
Feb 29, 2016 9:54 AM

Dec 2015
I'm not happy with the way story end. Real Yuna seem to be selfish. Randou basically sacrificing his true self to uncertain future (his life, years of school), he is an idiot. Even when he prolong his life with Rina by another year, he will have to face same dilemma again later and he can't deceive forever. If he truly cares he would show true self the moment Yuna arrived.¨

I can understand Yuna want's to study abroad without her parents to know, they probably not allowed this in first place. Still it pisses me off, both Yunas's handling Rina as she couldn't bear the truth at all...
pavookFeb 29, 2016 10:01 AM
Dec 2, 2016 7:48 PM

Dec 2015
I guess the ending could have been worse, not bad though. 6/10
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 9, 2017 11:06 PM

Sep 2016
Apparently the author got a very large good feedback about the ending, or at least, he told so in the afterword (I wonder from which people, probably japanese audience, they always seem to like their own stuff in a different way from the rest of the world :D), thus decided to not write any more chapters of the ending.

After that he wrote chapter 53, long as hell, with an useless side story.
Those 50 pages of chapter 53 could've been, instead, 2 chapters for a proper ending, instead of a written essay on an afterword.
Wasted potential.

8/10 for the series, cut out ending so I'll give this manga a 7/10.
bruh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pretty Face Chapter 39 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Dec 27, 2010

2 by Jonas-K »»
Aug 26, 2023 5:21 PM

Poll: » Pretty Face Chapter 51 Discussion

Shouichirou - Nov 11, 2009

1 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:55 AM

Poll: » Pretty Face Chapter 50 Discussion

1 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:47 AM

Poll: » Pretty Face Chapter 49 Discussion

2 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:39 AM

Poll: » Pretty Face Chapter 48 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Dec 27, 2010

1 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.