Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2014 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Andou's sister is violent ;o

So I guess now is Hatoko's turn for a spotlight episode. I think their childhood past is kinda cute. I mean, Andou wants to help her when she's in trouble right? But still her rage was quite something imo this episode and not to mention the trouble she is in now.

Found this kinda funny:
TIME IS GUILTY
Nov 17, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2012
Hayami showed her specialty... I am speechless (in a good sense).
Nov 17, 2014 11:21 AM

Dec 2013
I was rooting for Hatoko if there would be a girl he ends up with... but after she snapped that hard I lost faith in that route. Now I'll be cheering for Chifuyu haha :)

Nov 17, 2014 11:28 AM

May 2009
So spoilers saying Hatoko is yandere were fake, there goes only thing that could make her interesting. She's jealous self-entitled bitch.
Nov 17, 2014 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
This was much heavier than the show has been so far, pretty jarring but I guess it shoulda been expected. The supernatural battles are gonna start...honestly I woulda preferred a more relaxing slice of life tone throughout the series so I'm hoping this conflict doesn't take all of the remaining episodes.
animefan8800Nov 17, 2014 11:51 AM
Nov 17, 2014 11:51 AM

Dec 2013
Here's an album of Hatoko's tears

But holy shit that was freaking intense at the way she screams at Jurai over something she can never understand from him. A very long rant it seems. She has to 'let it go'~

(This seems to be the hot topic of the episode.)
Nov 17, 2014 11:59 AM

May 2013
Hatoko went on a major rant right there. This was a good episode.
Nov 17, 2014 12:00 PM

Oct 2007
Holy fuck Hayami Saori.....I honestly barely even know anything about this show but that chick owns in spite of anything that seems to be happening with a show around her role. 0_0
Nov 17, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2012
I like how Andou kept the same face through the entire thing just frozen, and it took him a moment to realize what happened haha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2014
Upcoming battle with superpowers? Seeing Kiryuu's delusions (or were they?) is a pleasure.

Great character development for Hatoko, she isn't an airhead, but one that doesn't understand the whole Chuuni phenomenon. Additionally, this episode fits that quote I once heard (don't remember from where, though) "[j]ust because I got through the situation calmly, doesn't mean that the situation was calm for me."

On a side-note, I always thought that Hayami Saori's voice sounded extremely like that of Noto Mamiko's, but the similarity shown (heard?) in this episode was really astonishing. During the entire Rant scene, I had to keep reminding myself "this isn't Mamiko, but Saori. This isn't Mamiko, but Saori. This isn't Mamiko, but Saori."
BlazePonyNov 17, 2014 12:09 PM
Nov 17, 2014 12:08 PM

May 2009

Eh, gif works better
Nov 17, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2014
suddenly...drama

damn so finally we are getting battles in this anime
Nov 17, 2014 12:23 PM
Jun 2011
finally next episode we will get special powers battle next episode this should be good
Nov 17, 2014 12:24 PM

Feb 2013
Something is happening

I hope Hatoko will be ok. She was pretty upset.
Nov 17, 2014 12:33 PM

Dec 2011
I nearly forgot about the episodes going back to Monday.

More Tomoyo awesomeness! Combining powers with Andou. Although nothing seemed to happen...

That was quite a splurge of frustration from Hatoko.

And now she's been... I don't know but it seems to be implying a kidnapping. By another group with supernatural powers. I suppose they're the shadowy group in the OP.
kuuderes_shadowNov 17, 2014 12:39 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 17, 2014 12:47 PM

Nov 2012
Tomoyo FTW....... Tomoyo and Andou "Time is guilty" thing was kind of nice.....

Feel sorry for Hatoko...........
Nov 17, 2014 12:53 PM

Oct 2014
Hotoko arc, looks like Tomoyo's half Brother has some powers as expected and it's gonna be serious when Hatoko is in trouble......I hope.
Nov 17, 2014 12:56 PM

Feb 2014
> "You wouldn't understand, anyway."

She snapped...
Props to Saori Hayami. She did an epic job voicing Hatoko during that scene.

Looks like Kiryuu is up to something.
I hope Hatoko is okay.

Looking forward to Route of Origin's next stage.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."

Jul 2010
Hatoko being a childhood friend of Andou.

That union skill xD Maybe it actually works!

Hatoko's rant, she being able to remember all those complicated terms without understanding them. Still, I would be kind of mad at someone who would constantly brush me aside with "you won't understand anyways".

I didn't read the title's meaning in definition, so it comes then. Hajime being able to resolve Hatoko's problem with his wisdom xD That talk about chuuni though, to want to be understood yet not want to be at the same time.

Making her faint and seeing other people with powers.

Feb 2014
Today I learned that Hotoko didn't understand anything.
Nov 17, 2014 12:58 PM
Oct 2007
bastek66 said:
So spoilers saying Hatoko is yandere were fake, there goes only thing that could make her interesting. She's jealous self-entitled bitch.

She's really not.
She's been taking his bullshit all this time silently with a smile and encouraging him even as he took her for granted, and now he's basically given her a slap in the face with that "it's none of your business" bullshit.
Considering how she's bottled it up and how badly she's taken his dismissiveness of her (especially in light of his newfound attachment to Red) her outburst is eminently understandable.
Normal well-adjusted human being
Nov 17, 2014 12:59 PM

Oct 2014
Hopefully we will have epic battles next :D
Nov 17, 2014 1:02 PM

Dec 2009
So we all assumed Andou was quite the insightful protagonist. Funny enough it is a girl who is arguable been with him the longest who he never really understood at all.

That outburst was Trigger levels of epic. Not epic in the sense of Kamina or Kill la Kill fights, but emotionally one of strongest moments I've seen come out of Trigger and by far the strongest moment in this anime.

Now we actually see a clear antagonist arise in the form of another group of people. I wonder if Kirei will get involved or if they will keep it with the literature club members.

Poor Hatoko, I really hope she and Andou can clear everything up.
Nov 17, 2014 1:05 PM
May 2013
As much as I'd like to say that Hatoko was in the wrong,I csn sympathise with her ,because I've made the same mistake that Andou did,talking to my friends about things that I found really interesting and expect them to also like the same things,and even if they don't I keep talking about them :/ It's not something you should do because it puts distance between the friendship
Nov 17, 2014 1:05 PM

Sep 2012
"Don't write 'holy war' and read it as 'Jihad"'

Oh god who are you people?
Nov 17, 2014 1:06 PM

May 2009
GrimaH said:
She's been taking his bullshit all this time silently with a smile and encouraging him even as he took her for granted, and now he's basically given her a slap in the face with that "it's none of your business" bullshit.
Considering how she's bottled it up and how badly she's taken his dismissiveness of her (especially in light of his newfound attachment to Red) her outburst is eminently understandable.

She was forcing herself into liking something she doesn't like. It's her fault not his.
Nov 17, 2014 1:10 PM
Jun 2012
Hatoko's tearful rant reminded me of Nadeko Sengoku's breakdown--not to mention I picked up a Monogatari vibe from this episode; or is it just me?
Nov 17, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2013
And I'm just sitting here, flabbergasted. I expected Hatoko to have her episode this time around but daaaaamn son. Her rant caught me completly off-guard.

Tomoyo slapping Andou and pepping him up also sursprised me.

Now then, time for the actual super-natural battles!
Nov 17, 2014 1:15 PM

Nov 2011
Hatokoooo... nooooo!!! If I were Andou, my kokoro would break. On the other hand I would never treat a friend like this...

Hatoko, screw Andou, come to me!

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Nov 17, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2013
Ooh so that's what Andou's older sis looks like.
Lel the union skill XD "Time is guilty" lols
Woah that rant. She really snapped..and she managed to remember all those terms o_O
Uh, did Hajime just kidnap Hatoko? wtf? lol.
Nov 17, 2014 1:30 PM
Oct 2007
bastek66 said:
GrimaH said:

She was forcing herself into liking something she doesn't like. It's her fault not his.

Did you even watch the episode?
She wasn't forcing herself to like anything. She simply asked for SIMPLE EXPLANATIONS for all the goddamn jargon that he bounced off her for his chuuni ideas. Every. Single. Day. For years. And his response? "Ah, you wouldn't understand." What the fuck was the point of telling her then, if he wasn't going to explain shit and knew she didn't understand instantaneously? She didn't have a goddamn mind reader skill.

Hatoko: "Oh, what'd you mean by Nietzsche? I didn't quite understand what you meant by that"
MC (if he wasn't a goddamn idiot): "Oh, it's this guy who talked about blah blah blah"
Was that so fucking hard? Instead he had to go "Oh you wouldn't understand" and then still deluge her with his bullshit. For YEARS.

Frankly I'm amazed she put up with it for so long when it was clear he never actually valued her thoughts and feelings on it.
Nov 17, 2014 1:43 PM

May 2009
GrimaH said:
She wasn't forcing herself to like anything. She simply asked for SIMPLE EXPLANATIONS for all the goddamn jargon that he bounced off her for his chuuni ideas. Every. Single. Day. For years. And his response? "Ah, you wouldn't understand." What the fuck was the point of telling her then, if he wasn't going to explain shit and knew she didn't understand instantaneously? She didn't have a goddamn mind reader skill.

Hatoko: "Oh, what'd you mean by Nietzsche? I didn't quite understand what you meant by that"
MC (if he wasn't a goddamn idiot): "Oh, it's this guy who talked about blah blah blah"
Was that so fucking hard? Instead he had to go "Oh you wouldn't understand" and then still deluge her with his bullshit. For YEARS.

Frankly I'm amazed she put up with it for so long when it was clear he never actually valued her thoughts and feelings on it.

She could easily google it. Also, she forces herself into literature club when she doesn't like reading much.
Nov 17, 2014 1:51 PM
Oct 2007
bastek66 said:
GrimaH said:

She could easily google it. Also, she forces herself into literature club when she doesn't like reading much.

Yeah, because googling would totally help answer "how is it cool to have MC's right hand hurt like hell?" and "Why does MC prefer evil over good?" amirite?
And what has the literature club got to do with anything?
Nov 17, 2014 1:55 PM

Feb 2008
Wow. Haven't seen such an awesome scene in a while. What a fantastic rant.
Nov 17, 2014 2:03 PM

Mar 2008
That was pretty damn awesome.

Just years worth of stuff being vented out all at once. I think plenty have just had moments when they just snap and just go on and on and on unable to stop.

At the core of it was Hatoko being angry at herself and guilty that she couldn't understand Andou and his chuuni no matter how much she tried. The person closest to her that she just couldn't understand. The latest developments with Tomoyo and finally Andou's words were the breaking point. That someone in that position could understand Andou and happily discuss these things with him has appeared would be a breaking point.

Would have been good for Hatoko to vent a lot earlier. But also Andou despite being normally insightful couldn't notice it. In a sense they were both coming from the same place. Andou wanted to share what he found cool and interesting with Hatoko and Hatoko wanted to share in what Andou found interesting. But the key issue was that she couldn't follow it and he didn't realize what that meant to her.

In the end long as they can save Hatoko things will be fine. Will be interesting to see where this long standing connection goes from here.
Nov 17, 2014 2:09 PM
Nov 2014
bastek66 said:
GrimaH said:

Just joined literally to respond to this. I've been in a relationship exactly like that where my (now ex)-gf would mention about all these amazing things about her home country (Thailand) but whenever I'd ask for more information, she'd brush me off with a simple "You wouldn't understand". This episode was scarily similar to my relationship with her, and I fully understand Hatoko and why she snapped at him like that. It's not a matter of the information itself, its more that they don't consider you intelligent/knowledgeable/cultured enough to bother explaining to. It's a false sense of superiority which is poisonous to any relationship.
Nov 17, 2014 2:12 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man, I felt bad for Hatoko....I kinda understand where she's coming from and I'm not surprised that she snapped, but she should have said something before

Either way, this shows that she has depth as a character and isn't an airhead either, I was surprised to see that she's pretty damn smart.

The way I see it, Hatoko is basically the average western world person....They understand nothing when it comes to anime/manga/LN/VN's etc. But she cares deeply for Andou (They're childhood friends at that too which made this scene even more powerful) so I get why she at least tried to understand him all this time....

This episode was my favorite so far and FINALLY the antagonists have arrived!!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the hidden ability of the President's power and I also really liked the scene with Endless Paradox guy, that was pretty sweet

EDIT:
Yup, Hatoko just jumped to being my favorite girl too
TokoyaNov 17, 2014 2:18 PM
Nov 17, 2014 2:13 PM
Sep 2011
"Talking to you is annoying, but rather than going and hanging around with someone else, I'm going to moan at you about how bad you are at conversations!" Srsly? It's not his job to entertain her all the time. If she doesn't like it, she should go and talk to someone else. I can't remember the last time a series I had previously liked threw in as bad an episode as this one.
Nov 17, 2014 2:15 PM
Oct 2007
pf883 said:
"Talking to you is annoying, but rather than going and hanging around with someone else, I'm going to moan at you about how bad you are at conversations!" Srsly? It's not his job to entertain her all the time. If she doesn't like it, she should go and talk to someone else. I can't remember the last time a series I had previously liked threw in as bad an episode as this one.

I don't even.
Watch the episode again; this time, try actually COMPREHENDING the subs you read.
Nov 17, 2014 2:16 PM

Aug 2014
Just when i was about to say Andou was way too intelligent, he got wrecked. Amazing scene, props to the voice actress.

Eye-patch (was that Tomoyo's brother) is pretty badass. Can't wait to see the powers being used more, and hey, maybe we'll even see what Dark&Dark does. I still don't like the tsundere, though.

5/5, best one so far.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 17, 2014 2:17 PM

Jun 2013
It started off good. I really thought that this will be a better episode when Hatoko snapped. I was wondering how Andou will handle this problem. They really pulled this off. As compared to the other girls, this was interesting.

I was let down when Andou ended up not solving the problem at hand and Hatoko reached that white haired bishounen.

Well, at least the other superpower wielders are introduced.
Nov 17, 2014 2:19 PM
Apr 2009
That was pretty damn awesome, especially since you rarely see such a long yet well-written emotional episode in today's anime(also, great voice work)
Nov 17, 2014 2:24 PM

Apr 2013
Poor Hatoko. If only she knew that childhood friends are never "the chosen one".
Nov 17, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2013
One thing I don't like about novel adaptations are those clearly visible 'routes'.
It was a good ep anyways. Why did they have to cut there? I wanna see Sayumi's awakened power.
Nov 17, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:
Poor Hatoko. If only she knew that childhood friends are never "the chosen one".

You know, with your sig your post looks especially hilarious XD
Nov 17, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2011
Holy crap, the scene with Hatoko snapping and crying endlessly was so intense. I actually got slightly teary-eyed. Saori Hayami did an amazing job, her performance really brought out the emotions. Oh wow, so there's other people with powers. This is getting really interesting now.
Nov 17, 2014 2:55 PM
Oct 2009
wow hatokoO_o have a screw loose total breakdown man it was messed up and she actually remembered those chunni terms shows she does have some brain but i cant give her props for the breakdown sure andou share a part of the fault wit his none of your business attitude but what do u expect in 1 of the flashbacks he lent her a light novel which she clearly accept but when he ask about her opinions she have this i totally forgot about it attitude i just read a few pages of this boring stuff but this guy like these kind of stuff so i better act like an airhead clearly a hypocrite so much for her love huh?
Nov 17, 2014 3:25 PM
Jun 2012
bastek66 said:

The point of the "rant scene" was simply...to characterize and not antagonize Ando and Hatoko; showing Ando as more and not a faultless protag with the sole purpose of being a knight in shining armour to the ladies and Hatoko as someone who will not be a background character in Ando's life without a fight—yeah she may be jealous of a possible romantic relationship between Ando and Kanzaki but she is probably more jealous that Ando has more in common with Kanzaki than her even though she's known him longer. Her rant and the reason you think she's a "self-entitled bitch" stems directly from Ando's dismissive tone, and denying her understanding of him; so if Hatoko's desperate plea in wanting to understand her friend better makes her self-entitled then Ando is easily and unknowingly resentful (if not self-involved) judging by that flashback, to the extent, one wonders if he’s ever asked Hatoko about her interests instead of force feeding his to the general populace (I exaggerate a little). This was a scene that called for sympathy—for both characters—and an open-mind. The thing about harems and their dynamics, especially in context of the viewer watching, is there’s always going to be instances of the short straw being drawn resulting with an unfaltering light being shun on one of the female characters—forgive me if your are not part of this group—and viewers quickly disregarding such a character for exercising her agency as her being completely self-serving, not to say there aren't cases of the sort but this was not one of them. Personally, I say more incidents such as this that upset the status quo and by extension implicitly scrutinize the structure of harems or at least the Unknowing Male Protagonist.
nicholasokayNov 17, 2014 3:31 PM
Nov 17, 2014 3:51 PM

Oct 2013
So they all have powers i can assume???
maybe
things are starting to get real O_O hopefully this is for the better >.> maybe
[/quote]
Nov 17, 2014 3:56 PM
May 2014
Fantastic. Sublime. Wow. Saori did a bombtastic job on that scene with Hatoko breaking down. The soundtrack and frames really added to the all result. 10/10 This single episode makes me want to pick the series back up and up its score but sadky this show hasn't been nearly as good.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

248 by Gin_Okuri-inu »»
Apr 14, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2014

297 by Olticul »»
Mar 19, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.