Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2014 1:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well they took care of that but I have to say that Kitora definitely needed help there. Anyways, it looks like we meet some of the other members from other branches.

Nice to see Jin this episode though. He's such a chill guy. Overall a bit slow episode imo but it got its point across with the Neighbors being the threats to humanity.
Nov 8, 2014 1:58 PM

Nov 2007
The guy who what main guy decided to join Border appears, and that another guy is sharp for thinking the main guy might be involved in Neighbor, which that Neighbor guy might be in danger.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 8, 2014 3:30 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Nice seeing Kitora being a bit candid, as she didn't take credits for achievements she didn't earn herself. Moreover, defending for Osamu rack up some good points for her.
I actually might come to like her character soon!

Jin's debut was great; a very amusing character! I like the way he tries to smooth talk with the ladies even though he knows it won't really work. XD
But I do agree that both girls he talked to were indeed cute. :3

Kinuta and Netsuki are the types of officials I distaste quite a lot. Breaking rules during an emergencies should never be considered a violation to begin with.
Shinoda standing up for Osamu and Jin taking charge of him was great to see.

Miwa is quite sharp to figure out the possibility of Osamu having a connection with the Neighbor. So, the Borders do know the difference between Neighbors and Trion Soldiers, right?

Good episode. The only complain I have is that the unnecessary silence in the meeting room when Osamu was asked what'd he do in the next emergency. Quite a waste of screentime.

Nov 8, 2014 3:42 PM
Oct 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Nice seeing Kitora being a bit candid, as she didn't take credits for achievements she didn't earn herself. Moreover, defending for Osamu rack up some good points for her.
I actually might come to like her character soon!

Jin's debut was great; a very amusing character! I like the way he tries to smooth talk with the ladies even though he knows it won't really work. XD
But I do agree that both girls he talked to were indeed cute. :3

Kinuta and Netsuki are the types of officials I distaste quite a lot. Breaking rules during an emergencies should never be considered a violation to begin with.
Shinoda standing up for Osamu and Jin taking charge of him was great to see.

Miwa is quite sharp to figure out the possibility of Osamu having a connection with the Neighbor. So, the Borders do know the difference between Neighbors and Trion Soldiers, right?

Good episode. The only complain I have is that the unnecessary silence in the meeting room when Osamu was asked what'd he do in the next emergency. Quite a waste of screentime.

This silence was really awkward to me too.
It was so forced I felt like I was watching One Piece, I understand that this time around the anime staff wanted for the episode to end specifically where Kido said those lines still they had other ways to extend the scenes rather than just put that awfully awkward silence.
Well I knew exactly how slow this chapter would have been so I'm actually glad that the drawing was prioritised (last week it was the animation)
I can't wait for next week though
Nov 8, 2014 3:53 PM

Jun 2014
That horrible stalling and the stupid tsundere.
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Nov 8, 2014 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
Miwa figured out that Osamu might have a connection with a Neighbor.
Nov 8, 2014 4:52 PM

Feb 2014
This is picking up, I feel like something big is gonna happen soon.
Nov 8, 2014 5:34 PM

Aug 2007
What a smart neighbor when its beaten badly it blows itself up and look for a heavy populated area? Well good thing Yuuma was there to get it in the water. Wow I'm amazed they let Osamu off the hook. I guess its probably thanks to Jin. Wow at the end there. It seems Border aren't dumb after all and realize Osamu is hiding something. Well lets see how long they can hide Yuuma's existence.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 8, 2014 7:23 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yeah the silence during that meeting time was really awkward.

Kitora finally realizing that Osamu is genuinely good and only wants to help people. He doesn't care about recognition. And Kitora has proven herself to be the same, she won't take credit for something she didn't do, though I guess that's more because of her pride actually.

Jin~ He's so chill. I'm glad he remembers Osamu. He has a lot of influence I think on a lot of people, and I think it's because of he's personality rather than just because he is an elite. Looking forward to seeing Jin and Osamu working together.
Nov 8, 2014 8:05 PM
May 2012
Jin says he's a power elite, what's the difference between that and the other A ranked members lol. Power elite= Elite of the Elites?
Nov 8, 2014 8:29 PM

Aug 2009
LOL this is the first time those awkward long pauses really got to me. I actually started laughing at how awkward it was, especially in that meeting. So many pauses, I thought my laptop had frozen up a few time. Then they proceed to show every single persons face individually which took like 5 minutes because they did it so slow. Wow I never noticed this before but it was really bad this episode. Still liking this anime very much though. Well it's just the execution >.<

Nov 8, 2014 8:36 PM

Apr 2013
animenoobster said:
Jin says he's a power elite, what's the difference between that and the other A ranked members lol. Power elite= Elite of the Elites?

It's actually "Talented Elite" in the manga. That's just what he likes to call himself. He is a self-proclaimed "Talented Elite", but yes, he is really strong. He is an S-rank and there's only two in the Border.

And they didn't include this part lol.

Nov 8, 2014 10:43 PM

Jul 2011
Ugh, I don't mind low budget so much as still frames. >__<
But I guess they have to make up for the action somewhere.

I actually enjoy the simplicity of this series. And it still manages to keep my interests more than most series. :P
Nov 8, 2014 11:11 PM

Jun 2012
Next episode :3 Osamu will power up and Promote to Rank B Yup he will Become strong Little by little. Osamu need more experience in fight order become strong that will happen later in more episode. Thanks for Yuuma help and advice that Osamu will become strong.
Nov 8, 2014 11:19 PM

Aug 2013
*music plays*
*flashes every staff member's face*
*another 10-20 seconds on Osamu's face*

Uh...haha. I'd like to think they did that for the tense and dramatic effect but it didn't translate well at all. And what's up with that meeting? They "let go" of Osamu then not bother dismissing him, instead they carry out with their high-ranking members only discussion. Didn't make sense.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 8, 2014 11:51 PM

Mar 2013
the show getting interesting im starting to like it,
episode were ok.
Nov 9, 2014 12:57 AM

May 2013
I'm losing my faith to Toei...again. Their budget for this anime is so low that its becoming more interesting as episodes pass by (considering that Mikumo will be more stronger and his rank too) but I can't see to take the anime seriously because of the long pauses.

So Chika and Mikumo are childhood friends huh based on the preview? And Jin, already like him so far.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 9, 2014 1:11 AM
Nov 2010
That humongous pause felt really awkward. The meeting kinda felt out of place itself.

Oh, well. I hope it'll be better again in the future episodes.
Nov 9, 2014 1:11 AM

Jan 2013
This was more interesting that the previous episodes.
We'll see if it gets better.
Nov 9, 2014 2:26 AM
Oct 2012
animenoobster said:

The difference is that Jin is awesome! haha

This anime is getting better.
Nov 9, 2014 2:53 AM
Oct 2014
xchee said:
*music plays*

Uh...haha. I'd like to think they did that for the tense and dramatic effect but it didn't translate well at all. And what's up with that meeting? They "let go" of Osamu then not bother dismissing him, instead they carry out with their high-ranking members only discussion. Didn't make sense.

The only reason why Osamu hasn't been fired was because Jin talked about his side effect, it's a very important factor for Border and in the upcoming episodes you will know why...
Nov 9, 2014 3:05 AM

Jun 2014
still no have ED music :( "MEH"
Nov 9, 2014 3:21 AM

May 2009
Episode in a nutshell

Toei are fucking lazy shits.
Nov 9, 2014 3:45 AM

Aug 2013
bastek66 said:
Episode in a nutshell

+1, I can't bear it anymore --> in my drop list.
Nov 9, 2014 4:46 AM

Apr 2012
World Trigger is so bad it's now strayed into being very funny for all the wrong reasons. A dramatic pause that lasted for 56 whole seconds was just hilarious.
Nov 9, 2014 5:04 AM
Mar 2013
nice episode
Nov 9, 2014 5:15 AM

Sep 2008
bastek66 said:
Episode in a nutshell

OMG! YES! THIS!
This whole their conversation was dragged...
So annoying!

But Nakamura Yuuichi is finally there!
My reason for watching this series is finally here and he said more than 2 words!
YEAH!

"Megane-kun" is quite popular nickname for people will glasses...
How you can tell he remember you, just because he use that nickname? xD
Nov 9, 2014 5:32 AM

Jul 2013
xchee said:
*music plays*

Answer to that is Jin he is Elite of the Elites he Rank S to respect. they respect his decision plus Jin side effect ability to see future that Osamu is key for victory for war. jin can avoid any bad ending because his foresight can see any different ending future like bad ending or good ending.

greebo said:
World Trigger is so bad it's now strayed into being very funny for all the wrong reasons. A dramatic pause that lasted for 56 whole seconds was just hilarious.

Answer is simple. why he so nervous.... he think very hard to answer to them.

Gikiseima said:

): me to very sad i hate toei they not put ending song.

_Kudo_ said:
bastek66 said:
Episode in a nutshell

Thank you.
Nov 9, 2014 5:50 AM
Aug 2011
_Kudo_ said:
bastek66 said:
Episode in a nutshell

Ahhh these kind of people

"i drowp the soap/ show"

pop ups on the next episode thread, comments the same thing
Nov 9, 2014 7:12 AM

Oct 2014
lovexLuffy said:
LOL this is the first time those awkward long pauses really got to me. I actually started laughing at how awkward it was, especially in that meeting. So many pauses, I thought my laptop had frozen up a few time. Then they proceed to show every single persons face individually which took like 5 minutes because they did it so slow. Wow I never noticed this before but it was really bad this episode. Still liking this anime very much though. Well it's just the execution >.<

You too? After a coupke seconds I was also like "did my laptop froze up or what" and then suddenly Osamu moved and I was like "whohahaha, really?". XD
You really feel a difference here as in last episode they had 2 and 1/3 or 1/4 chapters animated while here it was hardly 1 and 1/2. It seems they really really wanted that epiosde ending with Kido's words. XD

KitoraList said:
animenoobster said:

It's actually "Talented Elite" in the manga. That's just what he likes to call himself. He is a self-proclaimed "Talented Elite", but yes, he is really strong. He is an S-rank and there's only two in the Border.

And they didn't include this part lol.

Makes sense, they wanna show that series to kids, they can't show "sexual harrassment" in a shwfor children. That would teach them "a wrong lesson". That and Toei would get tons of complains from parents if their little kids do the same as Jin later. XD
Still surprised though that they did mentioned that Jin likes "girls butts", so he is a Ass-man as you would say in Prison School terme. :P

Still would have liked to see that but I didn't minded that they made Jin a more giggolo like with his way of flirting with every pretty girl/woman along his way.

xchee said:
*music plays*

Yeah, Toei really failed there.
Why didn't they used that time to let Osamu "think" if he should say what Kido wants to hear, that he will abide by the rules, so that he stays in Border or if he should say the truth what he will do in such a situation. Would have made far more sense than awkward silence plus it would have made more use of the top-notch VAs WT got.

As for the meeting, Osamu is a Border member, meaning he signed a contract which doesn't allow him to talk of what he knows or heard in Border to people not being in Border. Kinda like companies keep their products process a secret and such.
Border is after all the only organisation on earth that creates and works with alien technology, which is something a lot of other people/companies/nations would love to have as well.

bastek66 said:
Episode in a nutshell

Agreed, they could have at least used that oppurtunity to let us hear osamu's thoughts whenever he says what he would really do or if he says what Kido wanna hear to increase his chances to not get fired. Shame they did instead this "dramatic silence" thingie.

Also I totally thought that you ahd posted a picture there was was talking about the art there and then suddenly Osamu moved his head and I was back into laughing about how this was a gif which was almost like a picture. XDDD

Gikiseima said:

To be fair, that was something we knew a couple weeks before the start of the anime. That WT would only have an OP, that is. Seems to become a new trend for some series.

Katagiri and Yuitsuka - I don't think Anime-only watchers know this but in the manga we got to see those two already in chapter ten but till now they have not be named yet though due "Shun" being pretty important later on we could guess that they also play a role in later arcs. Seems like they got their names announced first in the anime than in the manga.^^

What I liked about this episode was how it showed that the whole incident was a "Border affair". The people thanked Border and complained to Border. Border is the one who pay compensations and who will rebuild the buildings.
No word about the goverment at all.
Looks like Border is more than just a "defense organisation", it also seems to be the authority in Mikado city. Not the japanese goverment. Maybe this means that Mikado City falls under Border rule and has its own laws and rules, no longer following the nation it is in and for some reason the japanese goverment let that happen.
It could also explain why Border can use teenagers as agents to fight neighbors while normally something like that would be illegal.
Nov 9, 2014 7:53 AM

Jan 2013
Oh great...now Jin has that stupid face expression as well -.-

Nov 9, 2014 9:06 AM

Jul 2010
So,the Borders do know the difference between Neighbors and Trion Soldiers.

And it looks like they're hiding it from everyone else.
yeo
Nov 9, 2014 9:07 AM

Nov 2013
darkreaver94 said:
Save people? Nope. Rules are top priorities.
They don't want other C-Rank people to be encouraged to break the rules because that would be chaotic.
Nov 9, 2014 9:14 AM

Oct 2014
Mugen900 said:
So,the Borders do know the difference between Neighbors and Trion Soldiers.

And it looks like they're hiding it from everyone else.

Yeah and given how Osamu had no idea either that NEighbors could look like Yuuma or that triggers are property from Neighbors, it looks like Border is keeping some secrets from a lot of their soldiers as well. Makes sense since most of them are C-ranks, trainees, but still.
Makes sense to not tell the public everything. Border is still new since its foundation and it won't help them much if they tell everyone that neighbors looks like humans as well. Better let them think they are those huge monster-like creatures.

BotatoPriest said:
darkreaver94 said:
Save people? Nope. Rules are top priorities.
They don't want other C-Rank people to be encouraged to break the rules because that would be chaotic.

Yeah, and it would hurt Border's image as a disciplined private army. Saving people is important, but it should be done by people who trained for it and who have the right equipment for such situations. Teens who don't even have a real trigger to fight with, will most likely only get themselves killed which would be bad for Border as it would mean that less parents are ready to let their children join Border as agents.
Nov 9, 2014 6:42 PM

Aug 2014
Man, Hughes died and went to another universe (this universe).
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Nov 10, 2014 12:20 AM

Jul 2014
Boring, dragged on episode. still better then the previous ones.
Nov 10, 2014 1:04 AM

Oct 2011
Did they show Yuuma how they entered their HQ. Ok then.

Long pause. I wanted to scream at my computer screen. Then Osamu too OMG

Jin I love him already <3

But if Osamu hadn't save those students they'd all die!! By the time a boarder agent arrived everyone would have been killed. People will blame them for not being there.

Sasuke....Miwa is very suspicious of Osamu : 0
Nov 10, 2014 1:30 AM

Oct 2013
yeah he had to get found out sooner or later
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 10, 2014 3:56 PM

Aug 2013
Given to better understand the Border and some of his staff, but I want to know more about Yuuma
I do not understand so many criticisms to anime, is logically far from being exciting as other animes of the season, but it's not so bad, I think the plot and the animation decent ..
Nov 10, 2014 5:08 PM

Oct 2013
Well he's an S rank so yeah he must be good
Nov 10, 2014 8:19 PM

May 2013
Kyouryu said:
That horrible stalling and the stupid tsundere.

Too true. Characters were looking to be pretty average, maybe even decent, till she entered the scene.

Also... the leader of the organization... that is a fake scar right? It doesn't look realistic at all so it has to be.

Nevertheless, the plot gets more interesting bit by bit.
Nov 10, 2014 8:33 PM

May 2013
drama_menck said:
Given to better understand the Border and some of his staff, but I want to know more about Yuuma
I do not understand so many criticisms to anime, is logically far from being exciting as other animes of the season, but it's not so bad, I think the plot and the animation decent ..

Personally I'd say the animation is one of the worst parts, but that is just my opinion. If asked why I think that, I'd have to point to details such as the measly 3 frames used for the inter-dimensional portals (which, I mean, trion soldiers and neighbor's and just about anything involving them SHOULD be where the budget is spent...). There are also the shear number of still images (that were fairly ugly ) in the first episode. Not only that, they flash back to those still frames in later episodes which makes no sense at all. While I could go on, you're entitled to your own opinion, I just felt as though I should substantiate my own.
All of the this being said, I would have to agree that the plot really isn't horrendous, it seems to be getting better bit by bit - episode by episode.
Nov 11, 2014 9:00 AM

Sep 2013
The meeting scene was pure gold XD

Yuma solos again XD
Nov 13, 2014 3:01 PM

Jun 2014
bastek66 said:
Episode in a nutshell

This though.
I'm really hating all the pauses in the series. I feel like a whole day does by when I watch this. I wish Toei would do something about this...
Actually, is the anime close to the manga? Or is Toei just being
bastek66 said:
fucking lazy shits.
Nov 14, 2014 4:29 AM
Oct 2014
P0K3Gaming said:
bastek66 said:
Episode in a nutshell

This though.
I'm really hating all the pauses in the series. I feel like a whole day does by when I watch this. I wish Toei would do something about this...
bastek66 said:
fucking lazy shits.

The anime is still in chapter 10 while the manga has just reached chapter 83
Since Toei is adapting 2 chapters and a half per episode, they still have a lot of content to cover.
I can see the anime getting 24 episodes out of the first season
Nov 14, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2010
Takumi Rindō, Wah he looks so like Maes Hughes *.* and yea that pause scene pissed the hell out of me.
Nov 16, 2014 10:19 PM

Jun 2014
oh god those horrible silences...
oh man and now Kuga is in trouble!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 17, 2014 9:38 PM

Sep 2013
Lmao it felt like I was playing a visual novel instead of watching an anime. What's up with the long pauses?

Meh, Im considering on dropping this, though I think I'll watch a couple ep more to see where this is going.
Nov 17, 2014 9:52 PM

Jun 2014
Kizla said:
P0K3Gaming said:

This though.

The anime is still in chapter 10 while the manga has just reached chapter 83
Since Toei is adapting 2 chapters and a half per episode, they still have a lot of content to cover.
I can see the anime getting 24 episodes out of the first season

HOLY! ^ LOOK GUYS IF YOU STARE HE CHANGES EXPRESSION!

Anyway, the better portions are supposed to be coming around, with people trying to kill Kuga :D
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Dec 1, 2014 4:35 AM
Jul 2014
James_Rye said:
xchee said:
And what's up with that meeting? They "let go" of Osamu then not bother dismissing him, instead they carry out with their high-ranking members only discussion. Didn't make sense.

Yeah, Toei really failed there.
Why didn't they used that time to let Osamu "think" if he should say what Kido wants to hear, that he will abide by the rules, so that he stays in Border or if he should say the truth what he will do in such a situation. Would have made far more sense than awkward silence plus it would have made more use of the top-notch VAs WT got.

As for the meeting, Osamu is a Border member, meaning he signed a contract which doesn't allow him to talk of what he knows or heard in Border to people not being in Border. Kinda like companies keep their products process a secret and such.
Border is after all the only organisation on earth that creates and works with alien technology, which is something a lot of other people/companies/nations would love to have as well.

Yeah, but he was up for being fired due to not following the rules. It seems out of place to then move on to the high level meeting while he was still in the room.

On the other hand, it looks like they already suspected him of being involved with a Neighbour. I guess it's the old one about keeping your enemies closer...

Although given all the secrecy about Border, I'm a little surprised the agent didn't call Yuuki out on knowing that triggers were neighbour technology.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2015

50 by HiraNyanNyaw »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

29 by ArcCryptid »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

62 by spitinyourmouth »»
Sep 28, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

56 by kx2x »»
Sep 11, 2023 6:54 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

48 by kx2x »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.