Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2014 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that went from bloody to strange. Police sure got their hands full this time dealing with their problem. Never underestimate the power of a nurse!
Nov 8, 2014 8:18 PM

Mar 2013
I love this series. Hopefully we get more in the future. Happy Kana and Mina is reunited again. Shidou toughness was amazing. V Lila F, can't said enough about her. She probably my top 5 favorite in the this series.
Nov 9, 2014 1:25 AM

Nov 2007
The flash back of how the twins gave birth and why that wolf police wanted to protect the twins. So Inoue-san's character is the leader, not the old guy?!

Wolf police and the police group vs. Nobu wolf guy, w. help of nurse sisters. The twins are safe, but somehow that enemy guy got some spell on one of the twins, and Nobu wolf guy got "defeated" by the shota village leader?

Back to main group, who is done from onsen trip. Does that mean that dog is...?!
tsubasaloverNov 9, 2014 1:39 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 14, 2014 6:35 AM

Mar 2014
Missed this series so much, especially the sakuga, damn was this episode cool, hope we get more of it in the future, OST and overall sound direction are still 10/10 too.

Really heartwarming flashback too, weird that they just went Grisaia-style black bars out of nowhere though. I'm guessing the new dog was the bad guy. Also glad we got to see the main group again, miss those guys.
Nov 14, 2014 7:08 AM

Sep 2012
Episode was a bit cheesy but it was OK overall.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 14, 2014 5:09 PM

Jul 2013
God damn, the fight was coolly animated!

Didn't expect Nadeshiko was the chief and she was damn OP too.
Nov 15, 2014 1:09 AM

Sep 2012
That's why I love Yozakra Quartet.

Hope they're going to adapt more of the manga, there are still too many greats things within it o/ o/
Nov 15, 2014 9:55 AM
Oct 2013
That was cool of Shidou ^^ and was glad they showed some flashbacks :)
Twins ftw :3! hope this serie get season 2 :)
Nov 16, 2014 1:32 AM

Oct 2013
Kana at the end with Enjin was really cute... Shidou was so cute!
Nov 16, 2014 6:26 AM

Oct 2013
Been a while since I last saw an interesting battle anime
"Burn the heretics"
Nov 16, 2014 2:00 PM

Sep 2013
Best fight in this series so far...
Nov 16, 2014 10:53 PM
Mar 2012
I'm hoping more of Yozakura Quartet will be animated, I love the series~
Nov 22, 2014 7:52 PM

Sep 2012
I Need more of this series adapted! Please!!
Nov 25, 2014 11:59 PM

Jan 2011
I need more of this show in my life All the best fights happen in the OVAs too!

been a while since my eyes were glued to the screen trying to follow all the movement shame this wasn't a blu-ray release would of liked to see it in higher quality
Dec 3, 2014 5:47 PM

Aug 2013
So Enjin isn't that bad after all. Can't wait for more episodes!
Dec 5, 2014 11:45 PM
Dec 2008
That's only magic? Lila is too great to be a human being! The strongest was, is and will always be human being in the series I think. Nadesico is fabulous also. I just love this series and hope it will have sequels.
Dec 29, 2014 8:05 PM

May 2012
Waaa!!! I want more!! This series is really good and very underrated! Hoping for more anime adaptation.
May 11, 2015 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
That was great to see Shidou past. It's a bit unclear that he went on a rampage and illed the two people who adopted him. So that's how he got into taking care of the twins. Kinda sad.

Kinda weird when it got all widescreen for the rest of the episode. I wish it didn't do that.

Nadeshiko's the chief!? That was a surprise! That punch she made had a lot of force to it! Is she human? I can't tell.

Looks like Rokkaku has been tuned. And by Yuuhi? he can tune? I didn't know that.

Glad Mina and kana are safe.

So that's it. I really want more of this series. I think I'm going to read the manga.
Jul 1, 2015 6:43 PM

Mar 2014
The fighting scene is Fucking Amazing.
Jul 2, 2015 9:57 AM

Jan 2011
I need a whole new season to continue this series man.
Jul 17, 2015 8:23 AM

May 2012
That was pretty solid! I first thought these ova's would be nothing more than just fanservice or alike, but these 2 episodes sure surprised me and especially with that end which was just great! Either way I'm happy to finally finish everything from this franchise!
Sep 25, 2015 7:46 AM

Jan 2013
I love the director. He's one of a few who know how to animate.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Oct 26, 2015 9:48 AM

Jan 2014
just wondering what happened to Rokkaku? it looks like he got some magic cast on him by Yūhi.
Nov 2, 2015 11:15 AM

Dec 2014
This anime was just strange to me.. still did not figure it out entirely
Dec 27, 2015 5:50 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
8/10 good stuff.. though poor puppy :( Damn humans ganging up.. hate deception/tactics .. luv 1v1 or straightforward battle of power&skill .. (not who lies better..)
May 10, 2016 11:50 PM

Mar 2014
Such an Organization should be able to pull that off . It just amuse me ~ .
To pledge a vow is to pledge a life . that is true fulfillment . So to speak .
SUPERB OVAs . "Howl of the Moon." Cool :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2016 1:06 PM

Jun 2011
I don't understand why they always turn the enemy into a friend by the end of the conflict, it makes me think that the villains' motive is pretty weak for doing what they were doing. :\
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 20, 2016 11:49 AM

Feb 2015
Holy shit the fight scenes in this episode were so freaking badass and cool as fuck from those polices xD i really like that alot. that wolf sure got reck pretty bad xD

and LMAO xD he turned into police dog ? seriously, that moment made me said "wtf ?!" xD i mean, it was like his evil side just disappeard like it ain't nothing xD

Overall, it was enjoyable and interesting to watch especially it's because this OVA is focusing more on those twins and their guardian xD really like the characterization and their relationship between them and Shidou.

i'm hoping to see more of this tho.....
i wonder if someone will make continue making this seires again...
but anyway, i will read the manga for now xD

9/10 from me. like the OVA a lot. hope to see more xD
Oct 4, 2016 5:22 PM

Aug 2012
-Wow, I thought the flashback at the beginning of the OVA was the youkai hunter's flashback, and it wasn't until the werewolf grew up a bit that I knew exactly where it was going
-I was also wondering why the guy who took the werewolf in was so pale, until they revealed that whoever it was had twins
-Yeah, the animation in the OVA is much smoother than the one in the 2013 series
-Shades McBaldson was looking pretty badass there for a second
-Holy shit I didn't even notice that the Nadeshiko girl was the owner of the dog that was barking down the alleyway at the very beginning
-Shades McBaldson's "we're with you" speech was, without a doubt, the emotional zenith of the extended 2013 series, especially with that flashback
-Nadeshiko just got a whole lot cooler
-The entire rollout sequence encapsulated just about everything that I liked about the 2013 series
-Kinda interesting how Rokkaku was originally a wolf
-They went all out on this OVA with the Shidou/Rokkaku fight scene
-Like, holy shit, this far surpasses anything in the 2013 series, and it seems like that giant sonic blast from the first OVA became relevant again
-This is fucking amazing
-Not exactly a fan of Yuuhi being the one to land the finishing blow, but I suppose it was warranted

This episode had everything I loved about the 2013 series. They did the thing where something seemingly important happens without an explanation with the ominous phone call Kotoha got in the first episode of the OVA. The giant sonic blast was finally explained in this episode, and it was pretty gloriously done. They also had a focus on the inhabitants of New Sakura City that weren't part of the main group, and I thought that the supporting characters were tons more interesting than most of the main characters. It also probably helped that MinaKana were my favorite characters overall and this arc had a pretty heavy focus on them. The entire police force rollout sequence in this episode was great, and it put the spotlight on the quirky cast of supporting characters, which is something that was completely absent from the final arc of the 2013 series. The OVA still didn't wrap everything about the youkai hunters up, so it was as much of a non-ending as episode 12 of the original series was, but this flaw is overshadowed by how much YozaQuar charm was packed into the final OVA episode.

Also, unlike the final arc of the 2013 series, I actually liked the villain of the Tsuki ni Naku arc. The first episode of this OVA was nothing too special, but things really picked up in the 2nd episode and in this one.

Amazing ending to a pretty good story arc
Jan 24, 2017 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
Good series, picked up on a whim. Glad I did. Will read the manga now. Surprisingly well animated. Would love to see more OVA's or seasons but I doubt it after all this time.
Dec 29, 2020 10:14 AM

May 2020
I'd just realize that police with 2 loli is a half-youkai tho. He did great job to protect but in the end he fight together with the police force that he worked. Also the head officer is a girl which getting along with half-youkai guy, man this is cool. First and second OVA have an intense fight and enjoyable. It's ENTERTAINING.
Mar 8, 2023 4:47 AM

Jan 2009
full sakuga episode for the finale awesome

the villain werewolf become a domesticated police dog in the end

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Tsuki ni Naku Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 5, 2014

17 by deg »»
Mar 8, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Tsuki ni Naku Episode 1 Discussion

melina_putri - Oct 15, 2013

19 by deg »»
Mar 8, 2023 2:51 AM

» Episode 3 delayed

Ame_Sama - Oct 15, 2014

3 by rebelakuma »»
Oct 25, 2014 4:16 PM

» Is Tsuki ni Naku a direct sequel to Hana no Uta?

Z-Raizen - Jan 1, 2014

2 by -Karoshi- »»
Jan 3, 2014 5:42 PM

» Visual & Character Designs~

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2013

6 by villains »»
Oct 25, 2013 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.