Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 11, 2014 8:27 AM
Apr 2014
Rolanddeschain said:
salmon3669 said:

MR comes out, if these sales don't go up, well that would be pretty wierd. Like Mother's Rosario is really good, next to ALicization. Except ALicization has a strong attention grabbing beginning, very strong middle and end (that totally only exists in the WN and probably will be changed anyway).

The only thing I want them to change is the kinda menage à trois ending with Alice and Asuna, the rest is so fucking BA it should stay...

Well, that should've gone into a spoiler... lol

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 11, 2014 2:40 PM
Feb 2014
Reyxe said:
Rolanddeschain said:

The only thing I want them to change is the kinda menage à trois ending with Alice and Asuna, the rest is so fucking BA it should stay...

Not really xD

But talking about changes, I've heard Reki totally changed the WN content for the next LN, as in he massively cut down certain parts and changed others ;-)
Nov 11, 2014 2:50 PM
Apr 2014
Caleb8980 said:
Reyxe said:

Not really xD

But talking about changes, I've heard Reki totally changed the WN content for the next LN, as in he massively cut down certain parts and changed others ;-)

Nah, there are some differences, but i don't think they are major ones.

Nov 11, 2014 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
Caleb8980 said:
Reyxe said:

Not really xD

Volume 15 or VOlume 16? If its VOlume 15, he just reaarranged. But I am hoping for
Nov 11, 2014 7:32 PM
Mar 2012
salmon3669 said:
Caleb8980 said:

Not really xD

Volume 15 or VOlume 16? If its VOlume 15, he just reaarranged. But I am hoping for

They also changed Gabriel Miller's
position in the series. Lots of new content about Alice though, and the only thing the LN cut off I believe is
Nov 11, 2014 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
LastChapter said:
salmon3669 said:

They also changed Gabriel Miller's
position in the series. Lots of new content about Alice though, and the only thing the LN cut off I believe is

Yeah that's pretty much everything. Love the new content on ALice even though I can't read the novel yet. ALso pretty sure Gabriel is now a lietenant under someone in the NSA now.
Nov 15, 2014 11:18 AM
Mar 2012
New OP sequences spoilers
Nov 15, 2014 12:18 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:

DAFUQ QUOTE. wtf is wrong with this, LOL
ReyxeNov 15, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 15, 2014 12:22 PM

Jul 2007
Reyxe said:

DAFUQ QUOTE.

Yes its because of this.

AhenshihaelNov 15, 2014 12:32 PM
Nov 15, 2014 12:23 PM
Apr 2014
Can you delete the quote to my post? its a spoiler, LOL

Nov 15, 2014 12:31 PM
Mar 2012
Now that makes much more sense. Admittedly, I forgot about
Nov 15, 2014 12:33 PM
Mar 2012
People questioning whether Yuuki is an AI though lol. Admittedly, Kirito thought so too in Hollow Fragment since
Nov 15, 2014 12:43 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
Now that makes much more sense. Admittedly, I forgot about

I did too, had to check back in the wiki... its time to re-read Mother's Rosario!

Nov 15, 2014 1:13 PM

Nov 2012
salmon3669 said:
Playcool said:
That is only normal, people see it on TV, and just didnt enjoyed it has much as the first couple of episodes from SAO 1.
GGO is good, much better tha ALO arc, but it doesnt beat the best of Aircrad IMO.
Now MR, it has to have great sales...

Also, Really enjoyed the ED...

MR comes out, if these sales don't go up, well that would be pretty wierd. Like Mother's Rosario is really good, next to ALicization. Except ALicization has a strong attention grabbing beginning, very strong middle and end (that totally only exists in the WN and probably will be changed anyway).

alicization is pretty darn good
except after eugeo got rekt, fuck you author.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 15, 2014 4:43 PM

Dec 2009
Well the change with Eugeo's end was interesting.

Anyway forgot about the twin sister. I think I stopped rereading SAO in the middle of GGO a while back so it's been more than 2 years since I read MR...

But yeah it's nice because that opening just hit me so bad and brought a lot of memories back to the plot of MR. So touching...makes me like MR more now than GGO LOL.
Nov 15, 2014 4:55 PM

Aug 2014
why.... why does SAO always does this when its about villains and antagonist?

Why is it that the only reason for SAO to have villains and antagonist is so that we the audience can have someone that we can hate, just to hate on them.

Now they are doing it to Asuna's mom. She has to be presented as a jerk, someone mean, with bad motives just so we the audience can hate when she appears on screen or when she is mentioned.

Its not fun at all when you have worthless villains/antagonist.

A good villain/antagonist/rival is just as important as a good MC
oooo3333Nov 15, 2014 4:58 PM
Nov 15, 2014 5:03 PM
Apr 2014
y123y said:

Why is it that the only reason for SAO to have villains and antagonist is so that we the audience can have someone that we can hate, just to hate on them.

Now they are doing it to Asuna's mom. She has to be presented as a jerk, someone mean, with bad motives just so we the audience can hate when she appears on screen or when she is mentioned.

Uhh... why would you even need to post it twice? sigh

Also, she was just introduced, wait for her story to develop.

Also, Kayaba wasn't hated, Sugou was, Kyouji wasn't until he broke down and you didn't see enough of XaXa to hate him so... dafuq u talking about.

Nov 15, 2014 5:09 PM

Aug 2014
Reyxe said:
y123y said:

Uhh... why would you even need to post it twice? sigh

Also, she was just introduced, wait for her story to develop.

Also, Kayaba wasn't hated, Sugou was, Kyouji wasn't until he broke down and you didn't see enough of XaXa to hate him so... dafuq u talking about.

Ahhh, yes, Kayaba. "I Forgot" about him
Nov 15, 2014 5:16 PM
Mar 2012
y123y said:

Kayaba was a great antagonist, the "villain" that helped our heroes reach their goal and actually created the Knights of Blood as a stronghold to motivate people to clear the game. The only villainous act he did was trapping 1k+ people in the game, knowing it was the immoral thing to do but did it anyways. Afterwards, he developed the Seed which led to the creation of new worlds, and redeveloped the FullDive machine that led to the construction of the Medicuboid and Sou Translator.

Sugou was just a sick bastard along with Kyouji.

Asuna's mom isn't hateable since she actually has a good reason in doing what she does, and later on she learns to take other people's and her feelings into account so her character also evolves in the series. Mother's Roasrio isn't supposed to be an arc where they have to defeat someone (other than the floor boss), so there shouldn't be a main villain.
-Karoshi-Nov 15, 2014 5:19 PM
Nov 15, 2014 5:20 PM
Mar 2012
Best villain though was Quinella, damn was she as hot as she was insane.
Nov 15, 2014 5:32 PM
Feb 2014
y123y said:

Then I ask you: Is Asuna's mum actually hateable if you deeply think about what she said?

While I read through the MR story I never once hated her, yes I disliked her a bit but in course of her discussion with Asuna it became clear that all she wants is the best for her child. Her only flaw is that she is overly ambitious and that certainly isn't a hateable trait of a character, that makes her just more human.

She herself even said to Asuna that she can choose to marry sb else as long as that he has the reputation to stand up to hers. She doesn't want her to marry into money so that she herself can live in luxery but so that Asuna later can do whatever she wants without being bound by a lack of money (as she stated herself)

That she doesn't think about Kirito or Asuna's classmates like that is neither far fetched nor evil - she just doesn't know any better and as she rightfully claimed this school is primarily to keep all SAO survivors under close watch.
Nov 15, 2014 6:21 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:

Seriously? I can't get to hate Kyouji, probably cause we are kinda similar, but i didn't get so crazy, probably cause Japan is way more strict with those things.

But even if I did, I can't get him in the same place as Sugou, i mean, he's like a male version of Asuna, both with those huge expectations, not listening to their child, ofc Asuna's mother is a bitch sometimes, but Kyouji's parents were total fuckers.

Not saying what he did was okay, but I just couldn't get to hate him that much if at all... His brother was the sick bastard.

Nov 15, 2014 6:33 PM
Mar 2012
Reyxe said:
LastChapter said:

Seriously? I can't get to hate Kyouji, probably cause we are kinda similar, but i didn't get so crazy, probably cause Japan is way more strict with those things.

But even if I did, I can't get him in the same place as Sugou, i mean, he's like a male version of Asuna, both with those huge expectations, not listening to their child, ofc Asuna's mother is a bitch sometimes, but Kyouji's parents were total fuckers.

Not saying what he did was okay, but I just couldn't get to hate him that much if at all... His brother was the sick bastard.

He introduced Asada to GGO because straight from the beginning he wanted to make her his own so he had a lustful malicious intent from the start. His plan was for Asada to rely on him through GGO and in real life, thus making her fall in love with him. However, through the stress of Sinon surpassing him, the introduction of Kirito, Asada's growing independence rather than dependence, plus expectations in real life drove him to the deep end and he succumbed to his carnal desires.
Nov 15, 2014 6:47 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
Reyxe said:

He introduced Asada to GGO because straight from the beginning he wanted to make her his own so he had a lustful malicious intent from the start. His plan was for Asada to rely on him through GGO and in real life, thus making her fall in love with him. However, through the stress of Sinon surpassing him, the introduction of Kirito, Asada's growing independence rather than dependence, plus expectations in real life drove him to the deep end and he succumbed to his carnal desires.

Hmmm... hadn't really thought about it that way, well, i guess you're right... I would like to think how Kyouji was before his life was ruined, damn.

Nov 15, 2014 7:05 PM
Mar 2012
Reyxe said:
LastChapter said:

Hmmm... hadn't really thought about it that way, well, i guess you're right... I would like to think how Kyouji was before his life was ruined, damn.
Everything Kyouji does, he does it for ASADA-SAN, ASADA-SAN, ASADA-SAN, ASADA-SAN.
Nov 16, 2014 5:49 PM
Feb 2014
LastChapter said:

Nov 17, 2014 11:23 AM
Mar 2012
Found this really great fanart, volume 15 spoilers

Nov 17, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
Great stuff™

It makes me want the Season 3 so baldy.
Nov 17, 2014 1:10 PM
Mar 2012
Gabriel Miller best psychopath villain.
Nov 17, 2014 1:36 PM
Apr 2014
VeryNicePerson said:
Great stuff™

Isn't that going to be Season 4? i think

Nov 17, 2014 6:50 PM

Jul 2013
LastChapter said:
Gabriel Miller best psychopath villain.

I just read the updated translation of Volume 15 and I can see why. Interesting but insane character.

Reyxe said:
VeryNicePerson said:
Great stuff™

Isn't that going to be Season 4? i think

This event is narrated two times.

I can definitely see that scene in season 3 when Sinon talks to Kirito about the fourth Bullet of Bullets event.
Nov 18, 2014 2:05 AM

Aug 2014
Tap is live?!
Well, time to head over to taptrans
Nov 18, 2014 6:32 PM
Apr 2014
VeryNicePerson said:
This event is narrated two times.

I can definitely see that scene in season 3 when Sinon talks to Kirito about the fourth Bullet of Bullets event.

Oh, yea... I always forget that, thanks~

Nov 18, 2014 6:36 PM
Mar 2012
You know, if Quinella's moralities weren't all screwed up, she would actually make a better waifu than Asuna when you think about it.
Nov 19, 2014 12:59 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
You know, if Quinella's moralities weren't all screwed up, she would actually make a better waifu than Asuna when you think about it.

She hasn't cooked soy sauce.

Nov 22, 2014 2:48 PM
Mar 2012
Episode 18 Comparison

Omitted
•The pun about the nickname absolute sword (絶剣, Zekken) sounding like a sportsman's number (ゼッケン, Zekken).

Added
•A lot of the dialogue in the log house, including the reference to Kazuto working on a device for Yui to be able to experience the real world.
•The scene in the Dicey Cafe.
•Leafa drawing on Kirito's face.

Differences
•Andrew mentioned that he had met her wife via an online game when she was still in America. However, in the 2005 web version interview, it was said that they had met each other because both of them were foreigners and they lived close to each other.
•The New Aincrad's 21st Floor boss looks different from its counterpart in the manga adaption.

Errors
•The MMO Tomorrow report about New Aincrad was labeled with a Zaskar icon, despite the game being managed by Ymir.
•MMO Tomorrow's @ tag was written as "@MMO_today" instead of "@MMO_tomorrow."
•The 22nd Floor was incorrectly called the 21st Floor on the Forest House purchase window.
•The word "Paid" was misspelled as "Paied."
•The time for the raid of the Floor Boss of the 21st floor of New Aincrad was erroneously written as 2024-12-24 instead of 2025-12-24.
•For every floor in Aincrad, there should have a door to push open before the new floor could be reached.

Additional Notes for Clarity
•N/A
Nov 22, 2014 2:58 PM
Mar 2012
Episode 19 Comparison

Omitted
•Asuna and Kirito's conversation about recreating the taste of the Ragout Rabbit stew.
•Asuna and Kirito's conversation about purchasing a house on Selmburg and later about Agil's Item Shop.
•Kirito predicting that Asuna would be going away with Yuuki.

Added
•N/A

Differences
•In the novel, Yuuki asked Asuna if she was busy after their duel before leading her away. Thus Asuna willingly followed Yuuki and also had the time to tell the others that she would contact them later.

Errors
•N/A

•Asuna set her room temperature to weak heating mode but forgot to disable the timer, thus it turned off during her FullDive causing the cold temperature in her 10-tatami room to nearly equal the outside temperature.
•Asuna in the midst of her battle with Yuuki fully realized that Kirito did not go easy against her. She was able to last this long because she noticed that Yuuki was not used to battling against other players and never used any feints. She took advantage of that to catch Yuuki off guard.
-Karoshi-Nov 22, 2014 3:06 PM
Nov 22, 2014 3:02 PM
Mar 2012
Episode 20 Comparison

Omitted
•Asuna and Yuuki flying to the 27th Floor.
•The Sleeping Knights did not mention that they traveled through numerous games to find the most gorgeous one to leave their memory in.
•Asuna's mother's disapproval of Asuna heading outside and her attempt to stop her.
•The journey to the Labyrinth.

Added
•N/A

Differences
•In the novel, Yuuki had forgotten to ask Asuna for her name. Thus, when she tried introducing Asuna to her guild, she had to ask for her name first, causing her guild members to fall to their chairs.
•In the novel, Yuuki did not tell Asuna why she was brought to meet the Sleeping Knights, thus causing another misunderstanding when she realized it.
•In the novel, Yuuki said Kirito found out the guild's secret, whereas in the anime, she said that Kirito found out her secret. In the novel, the guild members then changed the conversation to strategizing for the boss fight.
•In the novel, the scout party's leader was one of the two imp players, instead of the sylph player.

Errors
•A guild icon was displayed above Asuna's HP bar, despite her not being part of a guild.
•The incantation for Asuna's spell was displayed as the incantation for a healing spell, instead of for a Searcher spell.
•The concealment spell was supposed to be cast by the scout party's sylph player, instead of an imp.

•N/A
-Karoshi-Nov 22, 2014 4:33 PM
Nov 22, 2014 3:03 PM
Mar 2012
Tell me if there is anything that needs adding in the episode comparisons.
Nov 22, 2014 4:37 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
•The word "Paid" was misspelled as "Paied."

They have been doing that since GGO, lol...

Nov 22, 2014 4:56 PM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
she is cheating anyway with... whatever prototype of soul translator?

no it's not soul transfer it's called Medicuboid... I don't know how can this fulldive system can enhanced one's reaction time in the game, like that quick blow recovery Yuuki has after getting one from persons she dueled and counters it so quickly... but I totally agree with you that it's really unfair for all ALO players...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Nov 22, 2014 5:02 PM
Apr 2014
DeadZeroSource said:
ninjastarforcex said:
she is cheating anyway with... whatever prototype of soul translator?

no it's not soul transfer it's called Medicuboid... I don't know how can this fulldive system can enhanced one's reaction time in the game, like that quick blow recovery Yuuki has after getting one from persons she dueled and counters it so quickly... but I totally agree with you that it's really unfair for all ALO players...

It's just that the Medicuboid has a better reaction time than AmuSphere, but its slightly, it's not super fast or whatever, it's just that Yuuki is living that world, she feels no delay or anything.

Nov 22, 2014 7:55 PM

Jul 2012
Can't wait for UW. I hope it gets adapted as well. Roselina senpai
よろしく!
Nov 23, 2014 12:05 AM

Jul 2014
This arc makes me want to cry like a bitch ==
Nov 23, 2014 12:06 AM

Jul 2014
aznsensation801 said:
Reyxe said:

This shit almost made me cry.

Me too
Nov 23, 2014 12:21 AM
Oct 2011
Though I dislike this series since GGO , after reading this thread
i cri evrytiem
Nov 23, 2014 2:17 AM

Dec 2013
Would someone be so kind as to direct me to a place I can read the events after MR in English up to the latest volume? Or better yet, to PM me a synopsis on what happened afterwards?

I love this series to bits, but ever since they took things down from BakaTsuki, I've not been able to do anything but read the wiki page, but I would so love to at least know what has happened thus far in the story up to the latest volume (15th was it?). I really would like to at least know whether

Thanks and much appreciation in advance!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 23, 2014 7:13 AM

Aug 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Would someone be so kind as to direct me to a place I can read the events after MR in English up to the latest volume? Or better yet, to PM me a synopsis on what happened afterwards?

I love this series to bits, but ever since they took things down from BakaTsuki, I've not been able to do anything but read the wiki page, but I would so love to at least know what has happened thus far in the story up to the latest volume (15th was it?). I really would like to at least know whether

PM'd.
Nov 23, 2014 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
L-Ryoshi said:

Search up tap-trans. He was one of the original translators (apparently) under Baka-Tsuki. Now he just posts the translations (volume 11-volume 15 chapter 14 so far) on his website. Just search up tap-trans.
Nov 24, 2014 1:56 AM

Jan 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

did they force Asuna to marry that guy her mother ask her to meet? don't want a NTR arc like that one from Black Bullet.. that arc totally pissed me off...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.