Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 4, 2015 10:45 AM

Nov 2010
I liked watching it, but the story made no sense. They didn't show one negative consequence the disc had in their lives other than not having fireworks over the lake, not to mention they did it together so it makes no sense to blame just one person. The hospital flashbacks turned out to be nothing as well.

AnoHana was forced and unrealistic too, but at least it made sense that the characters would get emotiona,l since a tragedy actually happened when they were little.

@Roychop: it was clear that they DID want to be around her, what series were you watching? There was a grand total of 2 characters who pretended otherwise, one because she blamed herself and another one who was socially awkward and had trust issues. I hope you are better at reading people in real life than in anime, because this wasn't ambiguous at all.
Jan 4, 2015 11:19 AM
Mar 2013
Gersen said:
@Roychop: it was clear that they DID want to be around her, what series were you watching? There was a grand total of 2 characters who pretended otherwise, one because she blamed herself and another one who was socially awkward and had trust issues. I hope you are better at reading people in real life than in anime, because this wasn't ambiguous at all.

I was mostly reffering to those 2 characters (Yuzuki and Shione). I did watch a pretty big chunk of the show, I think I gave up by episode 10 (main reason isn't the drama; I didn't like the characters besides Noel and maybe Nonoka. I did try to force myself to keep watching after episode 6 hoping I might start to enjoy it, but I couldn't). Your last sentence: I read everything fine in the anime, I just didn't care for some of it, and there's nothing wrong with that (there's drama I like and some I just don't care for; this shows falls in the minor drama I don't care for. Nonoka even further made me just not want to watch anymore). I could have worded my previous post better, so sorry if I gave the wrong impression.
RoychopJan 5, 2015 6:38 AM
Jan 4, 2015 2:02 PM
Nov 2011
ITs a mostly quiet, slowly make you emotinal anime. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 5, 2015 3:00 PM

Dec 2012
kimoe said:

Honestly I felt like most of what I disliked about Sora no Method was Nonoka; she was just pushing it too much. I don't know what it is about her, but I could NOT root for her at all. It was just very annoying how she wanted everybody to be friends with her and would not accept no for an answer. Just imagine yourself in middle school where some really kid just bothers you all the time and won't settle for "no" as an answer so they keep calling you and following you everywhere until you become friends with her lmao. "SHIONE! SHIONE!!!!!!" I think in Japan they have something with politeness where they call each other by their last names if they are anything but good friends. It visibly bothered Shione that Nonoka was calling her by her first name, even to the extreme of threatening to smack her if she kept it up, yet Nonoka just kept calling her Shione. I didn't like how in like episode 10 or 11 or something Yuzuki and Souta suddenly just decided to not talk to each other anymore after JUST TALKING IT OUT LIKE 2 EPISODES AGO?? How do these kids even come to a conclusion on how to solve their problems? (PS: Yes I know this is middle school, but give me a break.. There is literally the same issue over and over again in every episode where Nonoka suddenly can't make friends with somebody and she just keeps bothering them until they do become friends with her.... annnd.. repeat.) I know people like seeing the underdog win or see a well fighter character who refuses to give up, but Nonoka was just taking the wrong approaches.

The main difference between Nonoka and some random kid, however, is that Nonoka has deep ties with these characters. They were best friends as children and she doesn't want to give up on that because of misunderstandings. And it's not like they were just random kids who got along and moved on with time. They created a deep, precious bond as a result of doing something magical and unheard of - by summoning a saucer. Personally I found Nonoka's perseverance to be one of her stronger traits, albeit they definitely could have taken a less repetitious and in your face approach to it.

As for Shione, Souta and Yuzuki's sudden change of heart later on (spoilering it in case) -

Jan 8, 2015 3:02 PM
Nov 2014
ilok said:
Melodramatic in a bad way. Over promised under delivered.
Aug 26, 2015 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
I personally didn't feel the various subdramas were forced or counterfeit.

It was however instigated over trivial or petty reasons, which makes me dislike the characters because they're all exactly the kind of person I stay away from in real life.

Also why 'ef' is one of my most hated franchises. Just because the characters do not deserve sympathy, and without sympathy or at least empathy I can't give a shit about their story or whether they become happy, sad or dead in a ditch. (Talking about ef here, not Sora no Method, which wasn't THAT bad in comparison, but still the same feeling)
Sep 19, 2015 8:14 AM
May 2008
It's a pity, really. It's a very flawed show in many ways, but at the same time, I certainly don't regret watching it. If only because it looks lovely and Noel is just great.
Sep 19, 2015 8:17 AM

Aug 2008
Gersen said:
I liked watching it, but the story made no sense. They didn't show one negative consequence the disc had in their lives other than not having fireworks over the lake, not to mention they did it together so it makes no sense to blame just one person. The hospital flashbacks turned out to be nothing as well.

AnoHana was forced and unrealistic too, but at least it made sense that the characters would get emotiona,l since a tragedy actually happened when they were little.

絶対大丈夫だよ

Nov 7, 2015 2:36 PM

Jun 2012
This is like Nagi no Asukara without the romance. Only thing is, it has less of the fantasy and wonder, less of the gorgeous animation and art, less good music, worse darama, lot more annoying and boring talking, less fun etc.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Nov 12, 2015 11:37 PM

Jun 2015
I liked the show. Surly it has its downs but overall it was good. Except the Unnecessary Drama(with Shione) and Poor Ending-they totally bombed it with the time skippy thing! That was surreal and undervalued the whole series.
Dec 26, 2015 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
DarkMind said:
less good music.

It has actually whole universe better soundtrack than Nagi no Asukara.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 3, 2017 5:10 PM

Nov 2011
'Wandered back in here when going through the seasonals of years past. I dropped the show because it was boring, and when it wasn't boring the drama was infuriatingly petty. The characters weren't fleshed out enough either.

I can handle high drama even if I think it's a bit much if the issue isn't petty (Anohana) or I have a reason to care about the characters (ef) but this had neither.

It honestly would've been better off going full CGDCT than what it did with the drama, and I'm not much of a CGDCT fan anyway.

@Siva I don't know if you still believe what you said, but there are lots of people on MAL who watch series based on the staff. They might not be the majority, but they don't seem to be small in number by any stretch.
TripleSRankMay 3, 2017 5:14 PM
May 4, 2017 8:23 AM

Oct 2007
@TripleSRank Surely this is not the best show ever made but I had no problem watching it from the beginning to the end. Could it be done better, I certainly think so. But you got what you got. Back to the topic, does this show deserve a rating of 6.77? Nope, I think it could have done better. Maybe a 7.20. It is just my opinion.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 5, 2019 9:58 AM

Apr 2009
Noel is not like Menma.
No attachment / feeling for her at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

116 by SlammyHammy »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2014

97 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 4, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2014

64 by florin2v36 »»
Oct 4, 2022 5:28 AM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

118 by hacker09 »»
Jan 1, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

78 by Kanezushi »»
Apr 19, 2021 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.