Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 5, 2016 10:01 AM

Mar 2013
Mayuka said:
Kogi18 said:
That felt good - finally the second guy gets a chance to end up with the heroine :D

I have more of that (those types of manga) if you need it. It's fantastic when the author can write second loves well~

Oh can you direct them to me plz? :D
I'm fan of the romance where the guy work his way up for the girl he loves over the course of the manga. Like Good Ending and Maison Ikkoku.
Oct 23, 2016 11:59 PM

Dec 2012
Just finished reading this. WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH <3 Wow. For the first time I read a manga, the first guy who met wasn't the one for her <3 NICE MANGA <3 I really do love Mamura x Suzume ship. I didn't know that it's gonna end like that <3

- barely alive -
May 11, 2017 5:18 PM
Dec 2011
worst. ending. ever. like what the hell, the manga was sooooo good at the beginning, she and sensei were so cute and she ends up with mamura?! i mean come on, she was so in love with sensei at the beginning just whhyyyyy, sensei loved her so much aswell! i hate that damn uncle for ruining everything and i hate the whole ending, it ruined the entire manga for me (γ… γ……γ… )!!
Jun 11, 2017 11:20 AM
Feb 2017
Its like ao haru ride but with touma ending lol
Aug 18, 2017 10:34 PM

Oct 2016
Why do people keep saying that Mamura is the second male lead? Stories can have more then one main male/female lead. Mamura was just as prominent to the story as Shishio was. While Shishio was the first love interest, it doesn't mean Mamura was second male lead.

Take Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

Sep 9, 2017 9:58 AM

Jul 2010
Really didn't like the ending. The only reason Suzume ever even started liking Mamura was due to timing -- he happened to need a fake girlfriend right when Sensei was forced to dump her. Suzume hadn't even remotely thought of him in that way until then. It was so rushed and awkward. While I'm a hardcore Shishio x Suzume shipper, I would have been totally okay with Mamura if their relationship had actually progressed logically to its conclusion.

Personally, for me, this isn't the real ending. It doesn't feel satisfying. The true ending is at the end of chapter 77, where after hearing Sensei's side of the story, Suzume reciprocates Sensei's feelings (the man she's loved all along, her daytime shooting star) & gently lets down Mamura. I think it'd even be humbling to see him accept that she could never truly move on from Sensei, no matter how much he tried. Just like how it was beautiful for him to tell her to go see him in the hospital.

In addition, there's a scene between Yukichi and Shishio's ex-girlfriend in chapter 77, where Yukichi says that he wishes he could have talked to Shishio & Suzume, because he was the reason their relationship ended. If Suzume actually knew WHY Shishio broke up with her, rather than the vague terms he uses in his confession, she would see him completely differently -- it was never his feelings that made him leave her. I feel like the mangaka purposely left out a confrontation between Yukichi, Shishio & Suzume because it would have been that much harder to justify her running off to Mamura.

Also, Shishio actually had substance. He was an interesting, three-dimensional character, who felt guilt, love & everything in between (although his jealous streak with Mamura near the end was quite stereotypical and annoying). His fight with Yukichi was one of the most powerful moments of the manga. It would have been incredible to see how Shishio & Suzume would actually make their relationship work in the future, as teacher and student. I feel like the mangaka was too lazy to write an actual, logical way for them to be together -- easiest way out is to just pair Suzume with another character her age. The teacher x student relationship was what made this manga UNIQUE -- to cut it out at the end is incredibly disappointing.

Mamura felt like every other shoujo love interest I've seen, time and time again. Blushes easily. Couldn't "connect" to girls but magically can now. Underdog that tries to steal the heroine away through multiple confessions/helping them through their love problems. It's frustrating that a manga that wasn't afraid to bend stereotypes and think outside of the box chose such a conventional, tired ending.

Sigh. Time to go read/write Shishio x Suzume fanfiction. This manga deserves a better ending, and I hope someone out there has written it (and if not, it'll be me). And, I guess if Suzume doesn't want him, Shishio's all mine. <3 At least we could actually have a legal relationship, lmao.

Overall though, the manga was a good read in and of itself. It gets a 7/10 in my book for the amazing first 50 chapters or so.
Oct 12, 2017 5:58 PM

Nov 2007
fishergirl16 said:
And, I guess if Suzume doesn't want him, Shishio's all mine. <3

Ahem, I know how you feel but actually Shishio belongs to her.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 2, 2017 11:15 PM

Sep 2017
As much as I like Mamura, I don't really feel anything about sensei throughout the series.

10/10

Dec 3, 2017 2:17 AM
Jun 2017
MAMURAAA FINALLY THE OTHER GUY WAS CHOOOOOSSSSEEEEEENNNNN I LITERALLY CRIED I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT THEY'D PULL SOME FUKUMENKEI NOISE CRAP BUT DIDNT!OH MY GAAAAAWWWWWWWWWD IM SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYY🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣❀️❀️❀️❀️😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😘😘😘😘😘🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣😍😍😍😍😍♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥οΈπŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Jan 29, 2018 7:02 AM
Jan 2017
Ao haru ride dissapointing ending? Haha. Thanks guys. I've deleted Nisekoi from my mangarock app and this will follow suit, glad not to read it and waste time and bad taste.

Sorry, not a fan of a third wheel schmuck who derides the heavily favored canon pair, especially when the shmuck has zero substance and undeserving compared to the more interesting and intriguing MC. Haha

Reading through frustrated posts reminds me of myself while venting in Mal. That damn Onani Master haha. I learned my lesson. Lmao not again. Thanks people lol
Mar 18, 2018 12:57 PM

Sep 2013
I honestly never expected Mamura to be the end game. I wanted sensei to win but Mamura is fine too. I can see why it upsets some people (kinda like me too) but it's somewhat refreshing to see someone who seemed very much like a secondary love interest/a rival-kin to win in the end.
*Screaming autistically through the screen*
May 7, 2018 5:27 PM

Aug 2014
donno i was rather bored for most of it and only started it as i wanted a "nice guy wins" manga but that timeskip ending was random as hell..
Aug 26, 2018 12:42 AM
Aug 2018
Well, I like this manga.
but honestly, I hate this climax to be unexpected. cursed with first and true love, that is only hope, because the beginning of the relationship between sensei and the synopsis is directed at sensei, but why is enp up, only makes sensei repeat a second time, when he knows how to show honest feelings, and why makes sensei relationship and heroine too exploded. then make us believe that the relationship is good and right, only one in my mind, the author just likes the character mamura not sensei, damn it ~
Sep 13, 2018 3:43 AM

Jul 2010
Why the last volumes ends with chapter 78 but MAL says 86? I'm confused?
Oct 20, 2018 10:34 AM
Jun 2017
I like ending but....
From the first chapter i like Shishio a lot. No not just 'like' i am IN LOVE WITH HIM. Everytime i reread the manga i feel like crying. He deserves to be happy...
uuuugghh Shishio Satsuke you are reeeeaaaalllllyyy most amazing character i've ever seen..
Jan 27, 2019 2:14 PM

Jun 2015
I really liked the end. Mamura is a much better choice for her.
:)
Feb 3, 2019 12:18 PM

Nov 2012
Half of me is satisfied with the ending, half of me is still stuck with sensei :'(
I really liked this one, it's a bit different than other shoujo manga.
Mar 6, 2019 12:18 AM
Mar 2019
I know im a bit late but im glad bcs at first i thought i was the only one who feel dissapointed bout the ending but then i found theres few ppl which (still)hoping if suzume ended up with sensei *me too guys me too*. However it already finished, we readers couldnt change how the story ended tho even we sensei x suzume shipper want them to be together at the end so bad.
Besides im a fan of sensei, sensei is really deserves happiness too. Yeah he was lying said he didnt love suzume at that time he did that for suzumes safe he didnt want continue the forbidden relationship. He's nice. He's funny. And the most important thing is he really do loves suzume. The time when he knew if suzume was officially dating with mamura made him feel sad AND THAT BREAKS MY HEART SO MUCH TOO LIKE I CAN FEEL HIS FEELING LOL. AH ALSO THE MOMENT WHEN HE GOT REJECTED BY SUZUME ON THE HOSPITAL THATS SO FUCKIN HEARTBREAKING I WAS CRYIN WHEN I READ THAT SCENE ALL OF SUDDEN. But theres same goes to mamura he's also kind, he did everything to make suzume happy, he always be there for suzume without being asked to and suzume is his first love doesnt it? Guess so bcs she's the only girl that he feel confident to talked to. It kind of direffent tho which triangle love dont usually ended up like this. Ended up with the sec guy. Both sensei and mamura is kind i can't😩
Now suzume, she loves sensei sooo muchhh, i dont think she has moved on from sensei at all, she thinks of sensei at all time and at any place, now if she had really moveon does she will think about sensei, does she will gets flashbacks, and damn does she will feel worried when her uncle told her if shishio was on the hospital? Ah i still dont get it. She still love sensei, she is 😩 she has a feeling for mamura but not as special as her feeling towards sensei god i high keyly want it ended up with shishioooo but i can do nothing😭😭😭 have read many shoujo but this is the first manga that successelly make me cry. Poor shishio he was a bit late to confess ahhh😭 wish he said if he loves suzume earlier. Geez im so into the story i- i just feel bad for shishio i think that i can feel how is his feeling said im too over lol.

Overall the drawings is sooo goood, both shishio and mamura are good looking kkk. Especially shishio's messy black hair and his outfit when he teaching is so fashionable. Besides, he's personality tho he is so funny and super kind.
Even it ended not as i wanted, still the storyline is good(but my heart isnt good at all im not fine with the ending)but the story teach that 'your first love isnt always a person who you ended up with'(EVEN THAT I WANT THEM TO BE TGT T_T) My new fav shoujo manga. 9/10
Mar 15, 2019 3:27 PM
Mar 2019
[quote=Danae message=40726575][quote=LisaDeeb]
ToG25thBaam said:

Now about the ending, I was frankly disappointed. Suzume was obviously in love with Shishio until the last chapter where he confessed to her. She was deeply in love with him so I find it hard to believe that she fell in love with Mamura and chose him over sensei. Plus, she hadn't shown any interest towards Mamura until she broke up and their relationship was not developed enough imo.
Personally, aside from the pairing I wished for, I found the ending too sudden and poorly written. It seemed to me like Suzume chose Mamura just because he cherished her so much, like she just put her feelings aside to prioritize Mamura. In other words, I think that the mangaka made a 180 degrees turn in the last couple of chapters. Not to mention that Shishio, who was on the focus for more than half of the chapters, was tossed aside for too long only to highlight Mamura.

I don't really think that's true though. in the final chapter Suzume said, that the reason she was feeling that way towards the end was she thought that she is still in love with sensei and afraid that the former feelings would return, but then finally realized that she was just afraid to let go of her nostalgia of her first love and leave it in the past. But I agree the understanding of this was not well executed and could have been developed in more that just three pages...

I don't know, sometimes you just don't choose the person you love the most passionately but a person who truly cares about you, is there for you and you can actually be together with. (This is also developed in Honey and Clover!) I know that this is a fiction, but guys, it's not like Suzume and Shishio could actually be together and realistically answer each others needs... Also agreed to that I don't understand why would Shihio be in love with Suzume in first place, it's not developed at all, unless he's just a lolicon, lol.
mirrorofenigmasMar 16, 2019 1:23 AM
Apr 28, 2019 12:33 PM
Jun 2015
Loved the ending. I was so hoping that Suzume doesn't return to Sensei after all those things Mamura did for her and all the things she said to him. I was really scared when she came back to Tokyo for Sensei. The kiss was awesome πŸ˜†
Anyway, felt like Suzume will choose Mamura when he won the relay race, when she told him no to let her go and also when she refused to hear Sensei out in the infirmary. Glad that these signs were real for these couple.
May 17, 2019 12:32 PM
May 2019
I am team Suzume and Sensei, I mean don't get me wrong Mamura is cute and all, but sensei has been a very kind hearted and nice person with Chun chun, even though he has his flaws, that's what makes him human. I really didn't like the ending, because I mean, even Mamura knew that Suzume still loved Shishio, and she literally traveled back from the beach to see Sensei in the hospital to then reject him,even though she knew deep down that she still loved him.Satsuki in the end regrets not having told Chun chun his true feelings and that he has always love her, and then she rejects him, even though she also didn't get over him?I really think the ending could've been better
Oct 8, 2019 4:38 PM

Jul 2019
It was cute, and their previous relationship and feelings got cleared up. I can't find the thread for the extra chapters but

I've reread this 3x alrdy lol, maybe 1-2y in between
Sure is diff reading this same age as Shishio (24). Back when I was a teen, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Now it's so weird for me to just imagine flirting with a 15y/o, basically still a child
Oct 29, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2019
this shit is depressing asf

Feb 15, 2020 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
It was really nice to see a shoujo break the mold of the romantic outcome not being the obvious one. In this case however I just feel really gutted. I adored Shishio so much and was holding out that they would get back together! I also really liked Mamura but I definitely wanted Suzume to end up with Shishio. I could cry! I've been wanting to read Tsubaki-Chou and read this first because I could find this one completed. Now I'm worried it might end up leaving me disappointed too.
Sep 9, 2020 8:08 AM
Sep 2020
For those who are not satisfied with the ending, I suggest reading Tsubaki-chou from the same author.
Reading that felt like that is how the author originally wanted the ending of HnR to be. With same set of characters, a Sensei long black hair and high school student black hair. They even released a cover with Shishio-sensei and Kibikino-sensei, also both of them have birthdays on October, 3 and 30. First names are Satsuki and Akatsuki.

Tsubaki-chou ended at chap77 whereas HnR at 78, but if you remove 78, chap 77 is a beautiful ending where:
- Shishio openly says everything and clearly says I love you to Suzume,
- Suzume going back to him from the beach (oh please! no one does this if you don't love the person especially that it is not a life threatening issue),
- Mamura having been able to accept the fact that he will never be a substitute for Shishio (I personally find this really beautiful ending and it feels like Mamura has really developed so much) and
- finally this guy-uncle Yukichi who has admitted that he needs some explanation to do because he is the cause of all this. (sorry but he's got to be one of my most hated manga characters)

PS: I like Mamura but it feels like he's too perfect and fictional whereas Shishio has flaws and feels so real which makes him more perfect. And he's lively too.

PPS: that attempted kiss at Shishio's house is the most sensual I've ever seen. The way he removed those glasses~<3 Melted.
Sep 29, 2020 11:15 AM
Feb 2016
I enjoyed this manga an 8/10 can't give it a 9,I would've if the author just gave a little more development into mamura and suzume relationship. I just would've liked to see more of it but I do think it was the correct choice. Sensei didn't take it seriously enough always throwing out hints but never manning all the way up. Suzume being young couldn't understand that even though he's not saying it he probably loves me but things need to be made clear. Mamura made his emotions clear which made suzume come to a realization of everything that wasn't expressed with sensei. You can say it was abrupt but it wasn't if you read it,mamura was always there and the love was there between suzume and sensei just never developed it was actually quite toxic. Once she got over the awe of her "first love" she got her "true love" instead of chasing "the daytime star" she became it,meaning she matured and realized she also wanted something from sensei she couldn't provide. She's now willing to give %100 of herself to mamura with sensei that wasn't clear until they finally addressed their feelings. They realized the feelings would've been mutual but mamura came and gave suzume something sensei couldn't at the time and now won't get the chance to and suzume for the first time with mamura felt the joy of making someone happy. She felt the love was mutual and won't hold anything back and mamura also won't hold anything back. She wants to become his "daytime star."Great Ending could've gave us more but I'm satisfied. I would recommend.
Luffyskywa1kerSep 29, 2020 11:27 AM
Apr 20, 2021 5:11 AM
Apr 2021
Okay so, I was really intrigued with how the anime will end so I searched the ending and found out that Suzume ends up with Mamura?! I can't really bare to finish it knowing that they will end up with each other. Look, I like Mamura, he is kind, perfect, and all which is really just a typical boy in a lots of anime you know? While with Sensei, I feel like he's more realistic and just great as Suzume's partner. I didn't read the whole manga since I spoiled myself with the ending and lost interest so I am not the one to talk about this but the ending just put a hole in my heart and has me bothered for days and so on. I just can't. Gosh, it really frustrates me. I can't even put it to words on how frustrated I am with the ending like why? And I read here that Suzume rushed and went to Sensei when he was sick and for md that's not an act kindness or guilt whatsoever but that is an act of love in an intimate way. I feel like Suzume just wanted to go on a new direction after Sensei rejected her and felt like since Mamura is there then she'll just go to him. It looks to me in this story that Suzume seems desperate to find new love after being rejected. I don't know if it's just me though. I might sound dumb and all but to think that this is how the story ends just left me frustrated and I felt like there's a gap in my heart. I really want to rant for more and more but this comment is too long omg I got carried away. But yeah, I just want to share this with you guys because if I don't open my feelings, I feel like I'll explode and cry. Okay bye.
Apr 22, 2021 11:23 AM
Aug 2020
SereneWaves said:
Okay so, I was really intrigued with how the anime will end so I searched the ending and found out that Suzume ends up with Mamura?! I can't really bare to finish it knowing that they will end up with each other. Look, I like Mamura, he is kind, perfect, and all which is really just a typical boy in a lots of anime you know? While with Sensei, I feel like he's more realistic and just great as Suzume's partner. I didn't read the whole manga since I spoiled myself with the ending and lost interest so I am not the one to talk about this but the ending just put a hole in my heart and has me bothered for days and so on. I just can't. Gosh, it really frustrates me. I can't even put it to words on how frustrated I am with the ending like why? And I read here that Suzume rushed and went to Sensei when he was sick and for md that's not an act kindness or guilt whatsoever but that is an act of love in an intimate way. I feel like Suzume just wanted to go on a new direction after Sensei rejected her and felt like since Mamura is there then she'll just go to him. It looks to me in this story that Suzume seems desperate to find new love after being rejected. I don't know if it's just me though. I might sound dumb and all but to think that this is how the story ends just left me frustrated and I felt like there's a gap in my heart. I really want to rant for more and more but this comment is too long omg I got carried away. But yeah, I just want to share this with you guys because if I don't open my feelings, I feel like I'll explode and cry. Okay bye.
what anime are you talking about? lol
Jun 18, 2021 8:09 AM

Feb 2019
Ah, even though I liked Shishio more, this is a good ending. Was panicking when I thought it was going to be a Shishio ending, but if it did end that way with how things went, somehow it felt wrong like I mentioned in the thread for chapter 76 (?). Somehow I'd feel sad if the ending was with Shishio the way it happened in the last two chapters.

But a pretty good ending in the end ^^ can't believe what I expected was true, that she would listen to Shishio and finally have closure, and then she'll go back to Mamura.

Finally, things are properly ended between Shishio and Suzume. No lies, no faking. Just what they want to say from their hearts. Shishio can finally say everything he regretted not saying, and Suzume finally knows that Shishio did - does - love her until the end. It was still heartbreaking to see him smile and accept it though...

Also, poor Yukichi having to pay for Suzume's plane ticket back to Okinawa lol

Deskachan said:

The only thing that made me sad was that people spoiled it in chapter 77 discussion. That made me really sad, but at the same time I started to look everywhere to see if it was true.

Yeah, I don't understand why they spoiled it in chapter 77? It spoiled it for me. I was so shocked by what I read that I immediately went to the forums of chapter 77 to see everyone's reactions but instead I got spoiled...

By the way, sorry for mentioning you in such an old thread ^^

This manga was better than I expected, and it will leave a hole in my life as there are no more chapters to read. 8/10. Its place in the high ranks of shoujo manga on MAL is well-earned!

ShikkakkuJun 18, 2021 8:15 AM
Mar 12, 2022 4:30 PM

Apr 2020
I remember reading this years back & I’ve reread it a couple times. I’m so glad she ended up with Mamura, they deserve each other. I wish this would’ve gotten an anime adaption.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Jan 3, 2023 7:32 AM

Jul 2020
Thankfully I am so happy she ends up with Mamura and realizes her affection for him. I never thought I'd root against a guy who is a fan of classic, amazing shoujo like Rose of Versailles and Crest of the Royal Family, but Shishio was such a creep and awful. That GPS moment early on, even if it was a joke (which the sneakers made it seem like it absolutely wasn't "just" a joke) was sooo creepy. So glad she realized she moved on from him. A bit rushed at the end but I'm happy.
forums signatures? party like it's 2005.
Jan 17, 2023 3:15 AM
Jan 2023
Rushed, forced, predictable. Three words to describe this ending.

My disappoinment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
Oct 30, 2023 5:39 AM

Sep 2017
Just finished this today, I was very happy at how Suzume and Shishio broke it off before it became real at first, so imagine the distraught on my face when she ran to him lol
Glad it was Mamura in the end and no creepy teacher student shit.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Grooming?

smurdles - Feb 5

1 by LucielEsford »»
Feb 5, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 29 Discussion

ImNotLulexiaa - Oct 14, 2013

13 by is_eee »»
Jul 5, 2023 11:51 PM

» Best shojo manga

Nineshiru - May 22, 2023

2 by anudit_05_singh »»
Jun 2, 2023 5:37 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

7 by BlazeFireball »»
Jan 5, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 41 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

10 by SakuraCheri »»
Oct 27, 2022 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.