Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2008 5:20 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I liked it, but as usually the ending wasn't satisfying!
I really like Karen's behaviour as little sister, she is so cute, and so fitting in the little sister role.
Feb 9, 2008 5:23 AM

Nov 2007
Karen is adorable. I recently rewatched Twins... far superior to Teacher. Much better story all-round. None of that 'standstill' crap pushed all over the place either. But I'm a fan of twincest anyway, so the whole premise is amusing to me regardless. ^^;
Feb 25, 2008 12:10 AM

Jan 2008
^ Asako has a good point :)
Karen depicts every aspect of the little sister role as DarkBlue says. However I think she overdoes it. Poor Miina doesn't stand a chance against that crazy sister mode.
Interesting summer at the lake. Thats all I'm going to say.

Apr 8, 2008 12:38 PM
Jun 2007
Karen is just adorable. however, this infatuation with her is becoming rather unhealthy. >_>
May 9, 2008 4:33 AM

Feb 2008
I liked this episode, but there was somehing so annoying in Karen's behavior. I really like Karen, but she was very annoying in this episode.
Poor Miina ><
And Kei, he actually talked!
It was good to see all the old characters for Onegai Teacher again ^^
That's all, I think..
※何時も支えて呉れる人達に
日頃の思いを込めた RHAPSODY
APPRECIATION の気持を届け
何時もありがとう、本当ありがとう
仮令どこに立って君の存在に感謝してるよ※

Jun 26, 2008 10:42 PM

Jul 2007
I liked this episode too, maybe even more than the episodes from series - i love those irrisponsible funny moments :)
Couldn't agree more with Gasuko-chan - Karen was annoying, it was OK at the begining. But why couldn't she leave them alone in the end - it would be really great 'love' to finish everything.
Loved the place there Kei was hitting off sensei - all kissed over, and so on.. :D
Aug 10, 2008 3:45 PM

Mar 2008
There was nothing truly special about that episode
Sep 24, 2008 5:40 PM

Jun 2008
I found that the OVA was way better than the series, at least for me, and also satisfying. Although sometimes Karen's annoyingness made me want to stop watching..
HEY!
Dec 15, 2008 5:05 AM

Dec 2007
Karen's behaviour is borderline incestious! It serious annoyed me. I mean, being a jealous sister is fine, but ptw. thats way too much.

But honestly, i liked the fact that they reunited the main characters of Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins.
xKanaDec 15, 2008 5:40 AM
Aug 8, 2009 9:58 PM

May 2009
Karen kind of bugged me and she was my fav character in this anime but it was still funny^^
Oct 9, 2009 7:02 PM

Apr 2008
Karen have serious brother complex xD hahas~

Oct 28, 2009 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
my favorite part was when Marie had loads of Prech stuck in his mouth xD
May 22, 2010 9:35 AM
Mar 2008
Karen acted completely out of character and like a moron =/
May 28, 2010 8:34 AM
Jan 2008
I adore Karen in the series but I really detest her in this one. I don't mind a girl who has a brother complexion but Karen is just sooo annoying. She may have her reason for such behaviour but I simply can't stand her in this OVA. What happen to the gentle & loving Karen? Damn you, devil! D:<
Jun 21, 2011 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
He's my onii-chan made me laugh,Karen was fit as a sister,and i was quite happy to see all the onegai teacher characters there,Morino was really annoying :O
Jul 30, 2011 9:06 AM
Jul 2010
Karen was cute, but damn if she wasn't annoying.

The OVA had a lot of good points. Maiku and Miina confirming their feelings, the fanservice, the BGM during the fanservice, and the cameos. And by cameos, I mean the Teacher characters that didn't/barely showed up in Twins (good to hear from Kei); Matagu and Ichigo were awful. As good as all that stuff was, though, it still barely brings the episode to bearable.
Jan 25, 2012 9:24 AM

Oct 2010
The change on Karen was to drastic imo... made her annoying and the whole onichan complex didn't helped her at all.
an ok OVA... really unnecessary though as at the end nothing really changed.
huh?
Jan 13, 2013 7:35 PM
Jan 2013
I didn't like the change in her character either. But what I don't like even more is her motives. So she falls in love with him him the past series, finds out she's his sister, then decides that if she can't have him as a man, she'll take all she can get out of him as his sister, hence the clingy oniichan complex. And Miina also seemed too "victorious" if you ask me, parading that she "won". This episode seemed to reverse a lot of bonding the two girls had made in my opinion. Even the talking to at the end didn't seem too assuring to me. I've seen far too many bad examples of family. Far too often, a family member is somebody of blood that people forget about or distance themselves from as they grow older. If what karan said was how she truly felt, it would hold a lot of weight. Sooner or later, she would end up alone. But since these feelings came about due to a character change, they aren't really what a girl who just had her heart crushed by such a revelation would feel. It's an oversimplification meant to skip past the taboo that such feelings would bring. In the show, Karen can't have Maiku, so she needs to be changed to a simpler, more immature person. She's collateral damage, a comedic support, but what she no longer is anymore, is her own person. I get the feeling that they had the idea that they wanted to bring out a story with this tension, there's always the possibility that one of them is related. And Maiku, despite trying to resist, indeed falls in love with them. Somewhere along the way, the creators got scared or something, maybe politically correct even. So they decided they would reveal who the sister actually was, and subsequently shove her to the side. They kept this premise for the manga, light novels, and the anime. They couldn't just say none of them were related, they had the edgy premise, and dropping that out there would mean they would still need to deal with a very close-knit love triangle. One of these people may bot be related to the other two, but still they have become very close, a close family. And there are more than platonic feelings among them. It was also for this reason they couldn't declare them all related, turning all of the relationships into platonic ones at once would have destroyed the series, and keeping it romantic would push too many boundaries that the creator was comfortable with. So somebody becomes the fall guy. In this particular version, Karen is the fall-guy. She didn't become a support character, rather she became the butt of the joke. In the Manga I heard she was as well, though she found out differently, and the Light novel set up the other girl instead. Either way, neither character deserved it.

Another way to look at it is if you read this love story, be it yuri or yaoi. Let's say yuri, and the story had both girls be very likable. You think, they would be great together, then the reveal comes. Girl A turns out to be a guy, and a jerk at that. Sure it's a twist, but you later find out the character was changed because the writer was pressured against making a yuri or yaoi pairing. And in order to save face, they had to not only make the character a guy to destroy any future yuri subtext (or outright canon), but they had to destroy the character they worked so hard building up, by making it look like all the previous subtext or outright canon was a lie. A social retcon is what it would be and it would ruin the story in my opinion or at least severely damage it.
"There is perhaps no phenomenon which contains so much destructive feeling as moral indignation, which permits envy or hate to be acted out under the guise of virtue."
— Erich Fromm
Oct 23, 2013 7:14 AM

Sep 2012
IchigoRadiance said:
I didn't like the change in her character either. But what I don't like even more is her motives. So she falls in love with him him the past series, finds out she's his sister, then decides that if she can't have him as a man, she'll take all she can get out of him as his sister, hence the clingy oniichan complex. And Miina also seemed too "victorious" if you ask me, parading that she "won". This episode seemed to reverse a lot of bonding the two girls had made in my opinion. Even the talking to at the end didn't seem too assuring to me. I've seen far too many bad examples of family. Far too often, a family member is somebody of blood that people forget about or distance themselves from as they grow older. If what karan said was how she truly felt, it would hold a lot of weight. Sooner or later, she would end up alone. But since these feelings came about due to a character change, they aren't really what a girl who just had her heart crushed by such a revelation would feel. It's an oversimplification meant to skip past the taboo that such feelings would bring. In the show, Karen can't have Maiku, so she needs to be changed to a simpler, more immature person. She's collateral damage, a comedic support, but what she no longer is anymore, is her own person. I get the feeling that they had the idea that they wanted to bring out a story with this tension, there's always the possibility that one of them is related. And Maiku, despite trying to resist, indeed falls in love with them. Somewhere along the way, the creators got scared or something, maybe politically correct even. So they decided they would reveal who the sister actually was, and subsequently shove her to the side. They kept this premise for the manga, light novels, and the anime. They couldn't just say none of them were related, they had the edgy premise, and dropping that out there would mean they would still need to deal with a very close-knit love triangle. One of these people may bot be related to the other two, but still they have become very close, a close family. And there are more than platonic feelings among them. It was also for this reason they couldn't declare them all related, turning all of the relationships into platonic ones at once would have destroyed the series, and keeping it romantic would push too many boundaries that the creator was comfortable with. So somebody becomes the fall guy. In this particular version, Karen is the fall-guy. She didn't become a support character, rather she became the butt of the joke. In the Manga I heard she was as well, though she found out differently, and the Light novel set up the other girl instead. Either way, neither character deserved it.

Another way to look at it is if you read this love story, be it yuri or yaoi. Let's say yuri, and the story had both girls be very likable. You think, they would be great together, then the reveal comes. Girl A turns out to be a guy, and a jerk at that. Sure it's a twist, but you later find out the character was changed because the writer was pressured against making a yuri or yaoi pairing. And in order to save face, they had to not only make the character a guy to destroy any future yuri subtext (or outright canon), but they had to destroy the character they worked so hard building up, by making it look like all the previous subtext or outright canon was a lie. A social retcon is what it would be and it would ruin the story in my opinion or at least severely damage it.

u say they could not discard that sibling stuff & say neither of them is Maiku's sister cause it will create love triangle, i see no problem with that, they can also end it like this, Maiku starts to date both of them if they are not hes siblings :), i would not mind that kind of a ending :) & same way end it if Karen & Miina turn out to be twins & Maiku a stranger :D
Oct 23, 2013 7:25 AM

Sep 2012
my problem wit the end is

A girl gives Maiku a letter & Miina & Karen run towards Maiku, & what Next??? give me a brake, if u start to show us new trouble, a new rival in the end, then show it to the end!!! ton't leave plot hole like that god dam!!!

that last scene were Maiku gets letter from a girl, that ruined the ending for me, they should have ended it were Miina & Karen were sitting on a school bench, then it would have been OK, but new it rises question what next? it irritates me, well it would have been even better if it would have shown Miina & Maiku started dating :)
Mar 21, 2014 4:33 PM

May 2012
I didn't expect to see the whole cast from the parent story! Pretty lovely to see those additional characters in this slightly ecchi turned ova like the parent story's ova!

All by all I have to say the last episode sure was a good ending and this was a nice bonus!
Oct 13, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2009
No love scene.? :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2014 8:44 AM

Jul 2010
ezaya said:
No love scene.? :(

Yeah like what the hell is this OVA even good for. Onegai Teacher had it. So I was expecting the same here...
Apr 12, 2015 8:17 PM

Sep 2013
Karen was really annoying in this episode. Well overall, Onegai twins is a pretty forgettable anime but I dont necessarily consider it a waste of time.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 12, 2019 3:57 AM

Oct 2019
WhoCares said:
There was nothing truly special about that episode

^This. Basically episode 13. Different name, same fate. 6/10
May 23, 2021 1:56 PM

May 2018
I want to be Matagu so badly now Hnnngh

and r/surprisecommunism blesses us yet again!

still 5/10 because Karen is relegated to imouto status T_T
Jun 23, 2021 6:34 PM
Feb 2018
I was expecting a bit more from it but it wasn't too bad. I enjoyed the setting of the episode, they didn't do enough of that in the first 12 episodes, like get out enough and do interesting things together. It mostly centered around them all just doing the same things mostly, usually around home. Karen is absolutely annoying this episode though, obsessive over Mike. Completely out of character for her. By the end of the episode, we get a rather strange ghost encounter? A bit of out of place for sure and last episode it was said that they were all related. If so, why would Mike and Mina be together as a couple? I found it more interesting than the base anime though. It was pretty juicy at times too. Overall, I enjoyed the episode because it switched things up and changed the pace. Seeing more characters around was nice too. While I don't agree with Mike and Mina being together, I still liked it. 7/10.
VengefulAuraJun 23, 2021 6:40 PM
Feb 10, 1:47 AM

Jul 2023
What an absolute rubbish to a show that's already so so!

Karen, from being that cute sister, became annoying. Not just annoying but it was negatively affecting Maiku's work. Jeez. After finding out that they are 肉親, she is indulging urges to have incestuous relaationship with Maiku. The siscon is the imouto instead of the older brother.

Another inconsistency. In the anime's finale, he kissed her and is probably prepared to marry her so that she will not leave.

But here, he is hesitating to have that kind of relationship to the point that Miina had to strip and let his dick do the thinking.

Anyway, it's good that Kei has some speaking lines no matter how annoying as a character he is. It's weird if he is just there without actually speaking.
patkarununganFeb 10, 1:54 AM

More topics from this board

» Picture missing

magnus - Apr 21, 2007

2 by magnus »»
Apr 21, 2007 10:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.