Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2014 5:53 PM

Sep 2014
Anon1409 said:
Where's the fighting? :(

It's giving place to things like character and plot development.
Nov 1, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2013
FlameseeK said:
Anon1409 said:

gross
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 1, 2014 5:55 PM

Jul 2011
FlameseeK said:
Anon1409 said:

Awww, we need explosions and swords clashing, who cares about those things?
Nov 1, 2014 5:55 PM

Nov 2012
Woe is me, I am traumatized. I have never in my life seen a naked human body before. Ever. Obviously the fact that she is naked automatically means that it is sexual. Never mind that she isn't having sex. Never mind that she isn't making any suggestive poses, nor making sexual comments, nor are her servants making sexual comments. Nope. Naked therefore pedo.

The only thing that could have salvaged this scene is if they added a little button in the top right corner of the screen like the VN but instead of having options like "Auto Read" it should just say "Auto Pedo" and have the cursor scroll over and click on it. Then it would have been more honest.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Nov 1, 2014 5:56 PM

Apr 2014
I've always hated Fuji-nee. Such a gag character. I wish she was killed in the Holy Grail Wars somehow. I know my wish would never come true, though.

The loli fan-service at the beginning. Lol.

Overall like the pace and flow of the episode. I don't think I've said this yet, but I really, REALLY love the OST. Absolutely beautiful, and really makes this show that much greater for something that isn't necessarily a make-or-break addition to the show.
Nop.
Nov 1, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2014
MiniSiets said:
Woe is me, I am traumatized. I have never in my life seen a naked human body before. Ever. Obviously the fact that she is naked automatically means that it is sexual. Never mind that she isn't having sex. Never mind that she isn't making any suggestive poses, nor making sexual comments, nor are her servants making sexual comments. Nope. Naked therefore pedo.

The only thing that could have salvaged this scene is if they added a little button in the top right corner of the screen like the VN but instead of having options like "Auto Read" it should just say "Auto Pedo" and have the cursor scroll over and click on it. Then it would have been more honest.

It is, because that scene wasnt even in the VN. Thus sexualized a 10 year old for fan service, literally no other reason. Don't try to justify it.
Nov 1, 2014 5:59 PM

Jan 2014
Hell, do you people know that nudity is an official form of art?

Sex scene is fine, but a bath scene that shows nothing counts as fan service?

Sep 2014
Praland said:
FlameseeK said:

Awww, we need explosions and swords clashing, who cares about those things?

Says the one with *Nanoha and Signum's weapons clashing* sig~
The sun is a deadly laser

Sep 2014
I liked watching Rin go all pewpew on those skeletors. Shirou is starting to grow on me, so I no longer have any huge problems with him being the MC. Still, Rin seemed like the obvious choice from the get-go.

I doubt that Rin will be able to kill Shirou. Sounds like she's just talking all tough to keep Archer's confidence in her decision making up.

If Shirou's so good at archery, why doesn't he arm himself with a magically enhanced bow?
Nov 1, 2014 6:00 PM

May 2013
CASTER!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 1, 2014 6:01 PM

Dec 2007
Qans said:
MiniSiets said:

It is, because that scene wasnt even in the VN. Thus sexualized a 10 year old for fan service, literally no other reason. Don't try to justify it.

He wasn't justifying it, he was implying that he's mature enough to not care about it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 2012
Qans said:

That reasoning has nothing to do with whether it could be considered sexualized or not. Are you saying all scenes added outside of the VN are necessarily superfluous fanservice and add nothing to the plot?
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL

Nov 2013
I never noticed Saber being so short.

Apr 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Sex scene is fine, but a bath scene that show nothing counts as fan service?

Err. animation in general is art, so I don't really follow your point.

And yes, it counts as fan-service. As another poster said, it wasn't even in the VN. Therefore, it wasn't needed, and it was placed in regardless of that, to appeal to the fans.
Nop.
Nov 1, 2014 6:02 PM

Jun 2014
chickenonthepan said:

If you consider naked children art, well damn.

That being said I don't really care either way, just was unnecessary fan-service for the pedophiles lolicons
Nov 1, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2007
insan3priest said:
Shirou is built as fuck, though. I mean, god damn.

And people still somehow get from this episode that "shirou is a slacker and needs to start training physically so he could be useful"*facepalm*

Because let's focus on "Fanservice" that was not even a fanservice.

Jul 2013
HandsomeMan said:
I never noticed Saber being so short.

If I remember correctly, she's probably the shortest character in the main cast. Last time I checked, she's like barely 5'1, lol
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.

Dec 2007
Qans said:
chickenonthepan said:

If you consider naked children art, well damn.

That being said I don't really care either way, just was unnecessary fan-service for the pedophiles lolicons

Could you at least know Illya's age before saying she's a child? It's really not nice to her :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2014 6:05 PM

Jan 2014
BullSmit said:
chickenonthepan said:

And yes, it counts as fan-service. As another poster said, it wasn't even in the VN. Therefore, it wasn't needed, and it was placed in regardless of that, to appeal to the fans.

You miss the fact that the author of the VN writes all extra scenes in this series?
Nov 1, 2014 6:06 PM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
insan3priest said:
Shirou is built as fuck, though. I mean, god damn.

And people still somehow get from this episode that "shirou is a slacker and needs to start training physically so he could be useful"*facepalm*

Because let's focus on "Fanservice" that was not even a fanservice.

Well most guys don't tend to care about other guys built bodies, i'm sorry if this didnt end up being part of your desired conversation
Nov 1, 2014 6:06 PM

Apr 2014
Of course the argument about Illya is still raging. Why did I expect any different lol.
Nov 1, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2014
chickenonthepan said:

You miss the fact that the author of the VN writes all extra scenes in this series?

Of the animated series? Because if so, that still makes my point valid. Even if it was extra scenes from the VN, it was a scene that was not required to progress the story in any shape and form, and was simply there to appeal to the fans of the show. Therefore, by definition, that is fan-service.
Nop.
Nov 1, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2010
chickenonthepan said:
BullSmit said:

Figures that an author of a sex game would add naked children to an anime.
Nov 1, 2014 6:08 PM

Jan 2014
ZeroDragon said:
Of course the argument about Illya is still raging. Why did I expect any different lol.

When people keep screaming "fan service" when seeing a nude scene without considering its subtle meanings, this debate still continues.
Nov 1, 2014 6:10 PM

Jan 2014
BullSmit said:
chickenonthepan said:

Of the animated series? Because if so, that still makes my point valid. Even if it was extra scenes from the VN, it was a scene that was not required to progress the story in any shape and form, and was simply there to appeal to the fans of the show. Therefore, by definition, that is fan-service.

Are you sure that scene gives nothing to the story? You miss 2 important points:

- Giving important information about Berserker's NP

- Reflecting the coldness of Illya.
Nov 1, 2014 6:10 PM

Jan 2014
chickenonthepan said:
ZeroDragon said:

When people keep screaming "fan service" when seeing a nude scene without considering its subtle meanings, this debate still continues.

Technically it can be fanservice and(!) have meaning. And I haven't seen anyone claiming otherwise so far.
Nov 1, 2014 6:11 PM

Jun 2014
BeatzMe said:
chickenonthepan said:

Technically it can be fanservice and(!) have meaning. And I haven't seen anyone claiming otherwise so far.

Exactly. Not saying the scene wasnt necessary, it just wasn't necessary in a bath
Nov 1, 2014 6:13 PM

Jan 2014
Qans said:
BeatzMe said:

Exactly. Not saying the scene wasnt necessary, it just wasn't necessary in a bath

So can you suggest one way to convey the coldness of Illya without the bath?
Nov 1, 2014 6:13 PM

Apr 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Are you sure that scene gives nothing to the story? You miss 2 important points:

- Giving important information about Berserker's NP

- Reflecting the coldness of Illya.

There were important points to the story, yes, but I'm more referring to where and how the scene was taking place. You could've done that entire scene in multiple different ways, but they chose to do it while Illya was getting into the bath, butt-naked.

It still is fan-service, in that sense.

Anyways, it's not an overly big deal regarding the show, but my point stands that it is what it is, and people shouldn't try to hide the fact.
Nop.
Nov 1, 2014 6:14 PM

Jul 2011
chickenonthepan said:

She could have killed someone for the lulz
Nov 1, 2014 6:17 PM

Nov 2012
Praland said:
chickenonthepan said:

Indeed, little girls slaughtering people would be far more tasteful than little girls taking a bath.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Nov 1, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2011
MiniSiets said:
Praland said:

Indeed, little girls slaughtering people would be far more tasteful than little girls taking a bath.

And it will makes more sense too.
Nov 1, 2014 6:20 PM

Jun 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Qans said:

Is this a serious question?

Yes, totally serious.

The bath didn't convey the coldness of Ilya any more than her walking around fully clothed would have, or being in a dark, decrepit room with those two servants in an unknown location with the same dialogue. There are literally bundreds of ways to convey her but they chose the fan service route. If baths were the only way to have depicted that scene or any scene with "coldness" then it'd be a sad day for the anime industry
Nov 1, 2014 6:24 PM

Jun 2009
Man, all this over a simple bath scene that didn't even show much of anything. Fan service or not, what does it matter?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 1, 2014 6:25 PM

Jul 2011
insan3priest said:
Man, all this over a simple bath scene that didn't even show much of anything. Fan service or not, what does it matter?

It's matters because she it's short.
Nov 1, 2014 6:25 PM

Jan 2014
Qans said:

The bath didn't convey the coldness of Ilya any more than her walking around fully clothed would have, or being in a dark, decrepit room with those two servants in an unknown location with the same dialogue. There are literally bundreds of ways to convey her but they chose the fan service route. If baths were the only way to have depicted that scene or any scene with "coldness" then it'd be a sad day for the anime industry

Taking a bath is when people feel the most warm.

But Illya's bath give no warm impression to it. So it highlights her coldness.

I see no impact on your suggested scene, btw.
Nov 1, 2014 6:26 PM

Jan 2014
insan3priest said:

People are trying to say: It's fanservice, so it's definitely bad. lmao.
Nov 1, 2014 6:27 PM

Apr 2014
insan3priest said:

You're right, it doesn't really matter all that much. Infact, it was like 15 seconds. The only reason I'm arguing is because people are arguing that it is not fan-service when it clearly is.
Nop.
Nov 1, 2014 6:28 PM

May 2013
It's interesting to contrast the Saber of this series with the Saber of Zero. Circumstance truly does shed a different light on a person, and it's so far been very rewarding to watch her responses to a more comfortable and compassionate master. I can see how some might complain that watching F/Z first may have spoiled large swaths of the plot of F/s n, but having seen it has so far done nothing but lend to story and characters of the latter. Without the context of the prequel, a lot of the more subtle character cues and interactions would be lost -- or at the very east indecipherable outside of rewatching the material after it's ended.

Rin and Archer though, still best characters; as much as I like Saber and Shirou, the highlights are still the former two. They could make the whole show about those two fighting crime doing a buddy cop shtick and it would be the best thing ever.
Nov 1, 2014 6:29 PM

Jun 2014
chickenonthepan said:
insan3priest said:

I didnt say that. My first post actually was "besides the unnecessary sexualizing of a 10 year old pretty good episode!" Or something alone those lines. But i guess it doesnt matter as ill still be watching the series regardless, im just trying not to be a stan and see no flaws at all in the show, and watch it from an objective viewpoint, unlike most of the fans of this show

Jan 2014
BullSmit said:
insan3priest said:

You're right, it doesn't really matter all that much. Infact, it was like 15 seconds. The only reason I'm arguing is because people are arguing that it is not fan-service when it clearly is.

Some people don't see it as fanservice because they are served nothing form it. They just see it as a normal scene.

The question should be: Is it BAD?

Jul 2011
Qans said:
chickenonthepan said:

I didnt say that. My first post actually was "besides the unnecessary sexualizing of a 10 year old pretty good episode!

But she isn't 10 years old....
Nov 1, 2014 6:31 PM

Jun 2014
Praland said:
Qans said:

I didnt say that. My first post actually was "besides the unnecessary sexualizing of a 10 year old pretty good episode!

But she isn't 10 years old....

Your right. She only looks and has the mental capacity of one. Much better lol
Nov 1, 2014 6:32 PM

Jul 2011
Qans said:
Your right. She only looks and has the mental capacity of one. Much better lol

I read this?
It's actualy disturbing that you think that Illya acts like a 10 years old girl.
PralandNov 1, 2014 6:40 PM
Nov 1, 2014 6:33 PM

Jan 2014
Qans said:
chickenonthepan said:

I didnt say that. My first post actually was "besides the unnecessary sexualizing of a 10 year old pretty good episode!" Or something alone those lines. But i guess it doesnt matter as ill still be watching the series regardless, im just trying not to be a stan and see no flaws at all in the show, and watch it from an objective viewpoint, unlike most of the fans of this show

That scene does extremely well in highlighting Illya's coldness and at the same time, it serves some people. So why not using it?

I don't think this is a flaw btw. They shot down 2 birds with one arrow. That should be an achievement.
Nov 1, 2014 6:34 PM

Jun 2009
BullSmit said:
insan3priest said:

I say it's pointless to argue over either way. People think it's fanservice, people think it's not fanservice. What's the point in arguing about it? It's not an interesting discussion, there isn't anything fascinating about it. It's a short scene of a girl taking a bath, it isn't anything disturbing or something that requires brain bleach or whatever.

Though, to add my opinion on the matter, I don't view this as having sexualized Illya at all. She's taking a bath, but nothing is shown. It's like saying seeing Goku in the first Dragon Ball episode naked is a form of fan service. Because, I can tell you that you will see a hell of a lot more there.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 1, 2014 6:35 PM

Apr 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Some people don't see it as fanservice because they are served nothing form it. They just see it as a normal scene.

The question should be: Is it BAD?

To answer your question as to how I see it. I don't think it was something that was necessarily needed to portray what they wanted to, but I don't feel it wasn't "bad".

There is such a thing as fan-service that isn't blatant and garbage. This would qualify as such (Not blantant and garbage, to be clear), at least for myself. Opinions will of course be different from user-to-user.

Episode was still good. Given the more plot and development pace this time, people will tend to comment on stuff like this because it stands out moreso than other stuff, as did I.

insan3priest said:

I say it's pointless to argue over either way. People think it's fanservice, people think it's not fanservice. What's the point in arguing about it? It's not an interesting discussion, there isn't anything fascinating about it. It's a short scene of a girl taking a bath, it isn't anything disturbing or something that requires brain bleach or whatever.

Indeed, which is why after my last post here regarding it, I'm done arguing. It's something that caught more peoples attention this episode because of the plot and development, rather than fighting, as I said previously.

Mod Edit: Merged double post. Please edit your previous post
TyrelNov 1, 2014 9:13 PM
Nop.
Nov 1, 2014 6:39 PM

Jun 2009
Well, then, why not talk about the plot development and so on? That isn't worth talking about for some reason?

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 1, 2014 6:41 PM

Sep 2011
It's still weird to see those few amounts of 1/5 and 2/5 people give every week
What is their point? Just being against the hype? Why?
I'll bet everything I got most of those people don't even try to give it a chance or even watch the episodes. It's just hate for the sake of hate -.-
Nov 1, 2014 6:43 PM

Apr 2014
insan3priest said:
Well, then, why not talk about the plot development and so on? That isn't worth talking about for some reason?

I did comment on other stuff in my first post. I raved about the OST, which I truly love to no ends, but I also criticized the Illya scene. I like to add a bit of both.

I didn't feel the need to comment on the overall plot and character/story development because a majority of it is similar to that of the older series, just much more clearer, and much more appealing (And less "Saber!", "Shirou!", name shouting).

I also said how I very much dislike Fuji-nee.
Nop.
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.