Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
If Gurren Lagann didnt kill of kamina would it have been better, worse, or the same?
Oct 30, 2014 7:07 PM
Jan 2014
SPOILERS
I loved Gurren Lagann but the death of kamina really bothered me and didn't let me fully enjoy the series. His death still bothers me to this day and i finished the series awhile ago.
so i'm creating this topic to ask a simple question that has bugged me ever since the event occurred. please forgive me if there is another topic like this or im posting on the wrong thread, im not to active in the forums.

so
If Gurren Lagann didnt kill off kamina would it have been better, worse, or the same?
also did kamina's death bother you? (as much as it did me)
what are your opinions and thoughts on his death?

Oct 30, 2014 7:10 PM

Jan 2012
imo kamina's death didn't bother me.

Oct 30, 2014 7:12 PM

Jan 2009
i thought the anime will go downhill when kamina died because he is like the only comedy relief and backbone of the show with his leadership and uplifting dialogues but in the end his death serves a purpose to make simon badass and inspire the rest of the team/brigade anyway so on the greater scheme of things i like it
Oct 30, 2014 7:13 PM

Sep 2011
it'd have been way worse as the show has some of the best character development in the medium because of it and it marked the turning point in the show from a ecchi comedy to a hard hitting dramedy with a unique style that pays homage to older 70's mecha

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 7, 2015 9:18 PM

Jul 2014
As much as i hated Kamina dying, Gurren Lagann would of been completely terrible if he had lived. His death brought alot of emotion that i never really recieved from any other anime and is one the the soul driving purposes for Simon to succeed.
Jan 20, 2015 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
Sorry, as much as I love Kamina, I love him for his role in gurren lagann, and IMO his death scene is one of the best in anime, so not having it would be a detriment to the series.

Also Simon is the main char, kamina was there to be the bro char to propel him to greatness, if kamina stayed then Simon would be overshadowed and his character development would have to be completely different, and he would grow to be a completely different person.

I can't imagine the show turning out better in any way had they decided not to kill Aniki off.
Jul 16, 2017 7:31 AM
Jul 2017
This is one of the most confusing topics of the anime. I personally think that if kamina didn't die he would be injured and on the verge of death. Simon would think it was his fault kamina is near death and will have problems piloting gurren lagann and would eventually meet nia. Kamina would finally wake up after they beat all 4 generals and would make Simon fight in gurren lagann by himself because he has gotten stronger by himself and he has more feelings to pour into the fight. They would beat the spiral king then in politics kamina would go with yoko and become a teacher. Now what think would be a good twist is if they made kamina the anti-spiral. Which would have the same affect as nia but yoko would be sad. If now was still the anti-spiral then kamina's boost of spiral power would have made te fight raiser and it would go faster. Next 1 of 2 this would happen. Either kamina would stop at nothing to bring now back. Or instead of leaving Simon would go live with kamina and yoko.

Think I'm write or I'm wrong post your thoughts I would really like to read them and thanks for reading
May 22, 2018 4:40 PM

Oct 2016
Honestly, after enduring 8 episodes of this, I can confirm they killed off the thing that made the anime half decent. This ain't gonna cut it in my book. Time wasted confirmed.
May 22, 2018 4:42 PM

Oct 2016
deg said:
i thought the anime will go downhill when kamina died because he is like the only comedy relief and backbone of the show with his leadership and uplifting dialogues but in the end his death serves a purpose to make simon badass and inspire the rest of the team/brigade anyway so on the greater scheme of things i like it
Exactly, He was the only relief when watching this sub par anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1151 by Spiral26 »»
Apr 8, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.