Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2009 9:12 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome epilogue! It's been almost 10 years since I first saw this show and it still gives me the feeling of awesomeness I had back then.
Feb 16, 2011 11:33 AM

Jun 2009
oh well another Kaleido Star - Cinderella kind of thing I guess. I can't say I like it
Apr 2, 2014 2:06 AM

Apr 2012
Hahaha this intro:

superserious war room, the defense of the country is on the line, you can feel the tension in the air
*oh boy this is going to be like Votoms or something*
and our last little ray of hope relies on (drawing of curtain)

Anyway good first episode: nice old school Tokyo, interesting settings and characters, the mystery of it all, plus I've rarely seen such a giga clutz as Sakura -- still like her though. Will be great when she'll start bonding with everybody (especially Sumire).
Feb 21, 2020 11:49 AM

Nov 2008
Holy moly, i've read that the TV series' tone was darker than the game's, but i did not expect the difference to be that drastic. The entire first episode is just Sakura causing trouble for everyone by being a clumsy loser and then getting scolded and shouted at. Some characters also appeared, well, out of character, to me- i definitely wouldn't expect Maria and Iris to act so mean towards a newcomer.
The opening was also quite a let down after the 1997 OVA one, which did a great job introducing the characters one by one and featuring some dynamic scenes. Here i see just a sequence of some seemingly random cuts where the main cast is performing what appears to be a pop idol dance.
GenoardFeb 21, 2020 11:56 AM
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jul 4, 2020 12:37 AM

Jul 2015
Not sure what the best watch order is, so I'm just gonna trust this post.

Those actors sure got a short temper towards someone who is pretty new to this level of a 'modern' city while not even explaining or giving a tour or something, like why pull a gun on her chill out.

Feb 16, 2022 2:17 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, an useless MC and a bunch of assholes with even a kid in the first episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Taisen Episode 25 Discussion

Genoard - Mar 3, 2020

1 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 6, 2020 6:58 AM

Poll: » Sakura Taisen Episode 24 Discussion

Unkrowned - Jul 6, 2020

0 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 6, 2020 6:46 AM

Poll: » Sakura Taisen Episode 23 Discussion

Unkrowned - Jul 6, 2020

0 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 6, 2020 6:34 AM

Poll: » Sakura Taisen Episode 22 Discussion

Unkrowned - Jul 6, 2020

0 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 6, 2020 6:13 AM

Poll: » Sakura Taisen Episode 21 Discussion

Unkrowned - Jul 6, 2020

0 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 6, 2020 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.