Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 27, 2014 9:52 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements. Last week's News Briefs can be found here.

Upcoming Anime

Absolute Duo
The main cast and some staff members for the series have been revealed. The series will air in Winter 2015.

Cast
Tooru Kokonoe: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Yurie Sigtuna: Nozomi Yamamoto
Tomoe Tachibana: Ayaka Suwa
Miyabi Hotaka: Ayaka Imamura
Lilith Bristol: Haruka Yamazaki

Staff
Director: Atsushi Nakayama
Series Composition: Takamitsu Kouno
Character Design: Keiichi Sano
General Illustration Director: Keiichi Sano, Norie Tanaka
Studio: 8bit

Source: Scan via ANN
Previous related news: Light Novel 'Absolute Duo' Gets TV Anime

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season
An additional main cast member for the series has been revealed.

Iggy: Misato Fukuen

Source: Tweet
Previous related news: 'Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders' to Continue in January 2015

Owari no Seraph
Part of the main cast for the series has been announced.

Yuuichirou Hyakuya: Miyu Irino
Mikaela Hyakuya: Kensho Ono
Guren Ichinose: Yuuichi Nakamura

Source: Tweet, Tweet
Previous related news: News Briefs for Sept 22 - 28

Show By Rock!!

Cyan: Eri Inagawa
Chuchu: Sumire Uesaka
Crow: Kishou Taniyama

Source: Animate

Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus
Cast members for the series have been announced.

Mitsugu: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Saki Masaoka: Azumi Asakura
Mai Douma: Saori Seto

Previous related news: News Briefs Aug 18 - 24

Other Anime News

Ikkitousen: Extravaganza Epoch
It has been confirmed that the two-episode OVA sequel to the Ikkitousen series will be released on February 25, 2015.

Source: Nekonotemo

Manga News

Kickstarter Campaign for Osamu Tezuka Titles
Digital Manga Inc. has created a Kickstarter with the goal to bring six more long-awaited Tezuka titles to English readers.
Titles included: Mitsume ga Tooru, Nanairo Inko, Wonder 3, Alabaster, Vampires, and Choujin Taikei.

Source: Kickstarter, Digital Manga
News submitted by Zayn

Kuragehime to Receive Prequel
According to Natalie, it was announced that the manga Kuragehime will receive a two-chapter prequel story. The first chapter will be featured in Kiss Magazine's January 2015 issue, and the second in the February 2015 issue. The story will cover the previous residents of "Amamizukan."

Source: Natalie

New Light Novel by Author of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
Gagaga & Lululu announced on their official website that a new light novel by author Wataru Watari and illustrator saitom will be released next spring.

Source: Gagaga Lululu

Industry News

Anime Sales
According to an annual sales statistic of anime-related products for the year 2013, the sales hit an all-time high with a total of around 1.5 trillion yen (around 13 billion dollars)—an 8.7% increase compared to the previous year. Anime-related products include income of movies, DVD/BD releases, and overall anime sales, while the newly added to statistics "live entertainment" category includes anime concerts, musicals, exhibitions, and more.

Source: Yukan News
Sakana-sanMay 11, 2016 6:34 PM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 27, 2014 9:52 AM
News Team

Apr 2010
PVs/TV Ads
A collection of promotional videos and TV advertisements from the past week.
Note: All PVs/CMs from the Fall season can be found on our Fall 2014 Preview thread found here.

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Oct 27, 2014 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
Absolute Duo seems interesting
Oct 27, 2014 10:06 AM

Nov 2011
Perhaps Owari no Seraph might become a Winter show soon? I'm still wondering about that and Gangsta. Looking forward to Jojo Stardust Crusaders for sure next season.
Oct 27, 2014 10:17 AM

Jan 2012
Cant wait to see Iggy in action

Oct 27, 2014 10:23 AM

Jan 2014
This just came to my mind why are there still no news about DxD?
Oct 27, 2014 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
Industry News

Anime Sales
According to an annual sales statistic of anime-related products for the year 2013, the sales hit an all-time high with a total of around 1.5 trillion yen (around 13 billion dollars)—an 8.7% increase compared to the previous year. Anime-related products include income of movies, DVD/BD releases, and overall anime sales, while the newly added to statistics "live entertainment" category includes anime concerts, musicals, exhibitions, and more.

Happy to see this.

Mod Edit: Fixed quote; news was updated.
julyanOct 27, 2014 10:02 PM
Oct 27, 2014 10:26 AM

Apr 2012
Kuragehime to Receive Prequel

Oh nice, I'd like to watch that one!
Also, can't fucking wait for more JoJo!
Oct 27, 2014 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
The anime "Deathers" have been exposed today, the industry is alive and well.

Oct 27, 2014 10:42 AM
Nov 2010
Snow said:
Anime Sales

Can anyone elaborate on this, please?

julyanOct 27, 2014 10:03 PM
Oct 27, 2014 10:45 AM

Mar 2013
Absolute Duo reminds me of Machine-Doll.

Tomislavr7 said:

I had no comment to make. It wasn't a bad year, but there were better. I guess it takes down the saying of the anime culture being at its peak of activity in 2006/07 and experiencing a downfall since.
Oct 27, 2014 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
MrEpicMichael said:
This just came to my mind why are there still no news about DxD?

the next vol of dxd is coming out in nov 20th so we should here something about the anime than.

i am guessing since the ova is coming out in march the new season will air in the summer just like how last year the ova also came out in march and the anime released last summer
Oct 27, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2008
I will definitely be checking out that Kuragehime prequel.
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Oct 27, 2014 11:39 AM

Dec 2013
Owari no Seraph might have some potential, the same studio that adapted SnK is doing it, so i guess i'm gonna wait to see how it is.

Nice to see anime doing so well too.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 27, 2014 11:41 AM

May 2011
People putting money on those unreadable shit series Tezuka made. I will go vomit in my room.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Oct 27, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2012
Snow said:
Ikkitousen: Extravaganza Epoch
It has been confirmed that the two-episode OVA sequel to the Ikkitousen series will be released on February 25, 2015.

Source: Nekonotemo

Should be February 25, 2015. And i can't wait to see Unchou back in action again!

julyanOct 27, 2014 10:04 PM
Oct 27, 2014 12:36 PM
News Team

Apr 2010
MrAwesome2014 said:

That slipped through my mind. I'll fix it, thank you.

julyanOct 27, 2014 10:05 PM

Oct 27, 2014 12:37 PM
May 2007
Snow said:
Show By Rock!!

Chuchu: Sumire Uesaka
Crow: Kishou Taniyama

Crow

julyanOct 27, 2014 10:07 PM
Oct 27, 2014 12:39 PM

Mar 2014
Snow said:

Industry News

Anime Sales

Interesting considering the "pirated" anime loses are around that.
Looking back 2013 might just have sold more blu-rays than 2011, don't feel like doing the math to confirm that though.

julyanOct 27, 2014 10:09 PM
Oct 27, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2011
Still waiting on more news about the new Legend of the Galatic heroes anime.
[center]
Oct 27, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
Snow said:
New Light Novel by Author of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
Gagaga & Lululu announced on their official website that a new light novel by author Wataru Watari and illustrator saitom will be released next spring.

Source: Gagaga Lululu

I'm kind of curious to see what Hachiman's creator has to show us.

julyanOct 27, 2014 10:10 PM
Oct 27, 2014 6:14 PM

Mar 2013
VioLink said:

Best to not put much hope in that. It will not be an updated version of the original.

That being said everyone should give the 110 episode Ova a chance. It is considered the Greatest Anime ever by the most knowledgeable anime fans for a reason.

It is also completely out on Blu Ray and the quality is the highest possible for something that spanned over the late 80's/90's. The most Legendary Seiyuu cast ever amplifies the visual and mind blowing experience, and no re-adaption can ever recapture that since many of these Greats have left the world.

I promise you will not regret giving Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu the chance it deserves.
Oct 27, 2014 10:26 PM

Aug 2013
PriestSlayer said:
Owari no Seraph might have some potential, the same studio that adapted SnK is doing it, so i guess i'm gonna wait to see how it is.

Nice to see anime doing so well too.

The good thing is the author of Owari is the same guy who did Usagi and a few others. Those were all animated by a different studio and most of them turned out fucking awful. Owari has the most potential out of all his previous works.

Hopefully if Owari does good then maybe this studio will adapt Apocalypse Alice too!
Oct 27, 2014 11:39 PM
May 2012
Aw man, Owari no Seraph looks kickass!!
Oct 27, 2014 11:39 PM
Jun 2014
Stark700 said:
Perhaps Owari no Seraph might become a Winter show soon? I'm still wondering about that and Gangsta. Looking forward to Jojo Stardust Crusaders for sure next season.

I really enjoy Owari's manga, so if they pace it right, I think it'll be pretty good.
Oct 28, 2014 1:13 AM

Nov 2007
*Is excited for Miyiu-Miyu's another comeback @ Owari no Seraph*
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 28, 2014 2:36 PM

Nov 2008

so does that mean that this light novel is not far from over? oh boy I will really miss hachiman.
Oct 30, 2014 5:41 AM

Jul 2012

The Announcement links you to Tsukimonogatari PV.
Nov 1, 2014 2:57 PM

Aug 2010
Tomislavr7 said:
Snow said:
Anime Sales

Elaborate in what manner? Or, rather, on what, specifically? The only elaboration I can think of, personally, is "HOORAY! The industry isn't in decline!!" And as for someone's comment on people spending their money on some manga/anime that person doesn't PERSONALLY approve of, SHEESH, buddy, could you get anymore unreal about how the real world works? Be happy that people are spending MORE MONEY ON MANGA/ANIME. Announcements like this one - Ghibli Co-Founder Suzuki: Studio Considers Dismantling Production Department - really get me anxious about the industry's future, so I'm quite happy to hear there was such a marked increase in sales.

SlickDragon said:
VioLink said:

Best to not put much hope in that. It will not be an updated version of the original. That being said everyone should give the 110 episode Ova a chance. It is considered the Greatest Anime ever by the most knowledgeable anime fans for a reason.

While I TOTALLY agree that everyone should see the 110 episode OVA, "...considered the Greatest Anime ever by the most knowledgeable anime fans for a reason." - ??? You're just being funny, right? That statement is not only hyperbolic, it's a logical fallacy in the extreme. In fact, I had someone just the other day say almost the exactly the same thing to me, word for word, about Hunter x Hunter.

That being said, I'd like to thank VioLink for making my day brighter, since I had not heard there was even a rumor of any plans at all to make any new anime relating to Legend of the Galactic Heroes, remake or otherwise. Also, having just watched this anime for the first time recently, I think it could benefit greatly from a remake, or at least something like what they did with Uchuu Senken Yamato 2199.
shukujoNov 1, 2014 3:18 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Dungeon Meshi' Second Cour Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - 10 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
10 minutes ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

18 by Adnash »»
1 hour ago

» 'Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest' Unveils Main Staff, Summer 2024 Premiere

Vindstot - Mar 11

25 by Juventinoaymen »»
2 hours ago

» 'Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - Mar 21

19 by HloFrndz »»
4 hours ago

» 'High Card' Gets New Episode

DatRandomDude - Mar 25

3 by Memore »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.