Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2014 12:18 PM

Oct 2012
wow 2 deaths? that's horrible
and i really liked both of them :(
Oct 26, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2012
Well that was pretty brutal even for AgK. Of course best girl has to die :(

Honestly I'm still not that moved by Bols simply because I think his character isn't well written, it just doesn't make sense for him to be incinerating villagers to death while also being a really nice guy, both sides are at completely opposite ends of the spectrum and feel extremely unrealistic.
Oct 26, 2014 12:22 PM
Aug 2013
is it just me or?
im beginning to get seriouslt annoyed on the show
we keep getting new charectors introduced, but it seems like the auther is to lazy to make develop about them and instead writes them off the show.
started out really god, but im afraid its going to end on 5/10 perheps 6/10 depends on the ending
rip Chelsea.
your opnions on the matter?
CambiareOct 26, 2014 12:28 PM
Oct 26, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2012
Chelsea nooooooo :(
I knew it was coming but still, i was so sad when i saw her head ..
Also - DAT OST AT THE END
Oct 26, 2014 12:24 PM

Oct 2014
:(
Chelsea, Again :(

As a Manga reader seeing that scene for the 2nd time, it's just cruel :(

Somehow, i wished that that the anime will go another route from here, and Chelsea would still be alive
Oct 26, 2014 12:28 PM

Mar 2010
Maybe it's because I've read through Sachi's route in Grisaia today but I felt nothing watching this episode. Those deaths felt so cheap and meh...
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Oct 26, 2014 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
Cambiare said:
is it just me or?
we keep getting new charectors introduced, but it seems like the auther is to lazy to make develop about them and instead writes them off the show.
started out really god, but im afraid its going to end on 5/10 perheps 6/10 depends on the ending
rip Chelsea.

17 episodes in and you just noticed that ey...?
"Hi!"
Oct 26, 2014 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
I think Bols wins the over the top dramatic death.

Thank god Chelsea died, she was annoying as fuck.

bastek66 said:
Feels like christmas 2012
this is gold.
Oct 26, 2014 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
Hooo leee fuq,didn't see that coming,this episode was a twister.

Oct 26, 2014 12:30 PM
Aug 2013
WhisperBit said:
Maybe it's because I've read through Sachi's route in Grisaia today but I felt nothing watching this episode. Those deaths felt so cheap and meh...

haven't watched that show yet.
i felt something thou.
but i agree on you 100% the deaths begin to feel so cheap and a way to avoid making charector development...
Oct 26, 2014 12:32 PM
Jun 2014
I am reading the manga so I knew what was coming, but OMG, Kurome's rage was brutal, what a great animation! I'm still freaking out.
Oct 26, 2014 12:37 PM

Feb 2013
Whoa! This fucking anime is awesome.....
Oct 26, 2014 12:41 PM

Mar 2014
Seriously.. after all these death flags and foreshadowings, I should have known, but still... I'm sad. I blame the OPness of Chelsea's teigu. Yeah, that must be the reason why she wasn't allowed to stay longer. ;_;

Welp, Akame is the best girl now...

Apr 2013
Everyone board the feel train.

Apr 2014
Cambiare said:
is it just me or?
rip Chelsea.

This shit is nothing compared to what happens next. Just wait lol.

Dec 2012
RIP Bols and Chelsea, people who I was actually interested in. Who's next on the death list I wonder? Also I can't wait to see when Night Raid mourns her death but then the bullshit comedy comes up again and everyone's okay till someone else dies, repeat. I can see why so many people advise on not having a fav character but these guys are so flat I can't get attached to anyone. Also why does Kurome have beef with Akame? Because of the drug? I don't understand, what exactly did Akame do to her. I wonder if I missed anything.
Oct 26, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
Chelsea was a solo act since she join and get what she deserve for not working as a team. Sad that they kill off one of my favorite character.
Oct 26, 2014 12:44 PM

Jun 2008
That was sad. I don't feel bad for Bols to be honest. The guy burned to death hundreds if not thousands of innocent people. Who gives a shit if he has a family or not. He didn't care about the families of those he killed.
What i hated most about him is that he was such a hypocrite with playing sweet thing. I mean with a character like Esteath you at least get what she is all about.
She is power brainwashed. She is not a nice or sweet caring person. You can just love her as a villainous character for being good at her role as a character, not pretend she is nice and sweet.
But this guy was just a hypocrite. Going around playing sweet and trying to help little girls and then going off killing and burning innocent people by the hudrents just makes no sense. If you are a caring person how can you be such a two face hypocrite.

Too bad Chelsea was the one who dies. I liked the way Chelsea did things. She was saying some smart things and the way she killed people was so assassin like. She had a certain charm in the way she was doing things.
Just look at how she was the only one that actually had the brains they should just let Akane walk away. WTF where the other thinking really? She is one of the strongest enemies. Maybe the strongest after Esteath

Arcanix said:
So no one expected her to die after you saw the random flashback throwed in the middle of the episode?

We expected her to die the minute she said she was going after Kurome but what did you expect? Should we have stopped watching and post on Mal how we expected her to die in a few minutes? Is still shocking because it was just immediately after really, is not like it was foreshadowed 10 episode ago. Use your brain a little would you?
MonadOct 26, 2014 1:06 PM
Oct 26, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2009
Chelsea deserved that for killing Bols and for being so cocky thinking she can kill Kurome by herself and i'm happy to see Kurome cared for bols. Also Esdeath blushed when she took off his helmet must mean Bols must be cute! Too bad his wife and daughter won't see daddy comming home for dinner q_q R.I.P Bols<3
Oct 26, 2014 12:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As a long time manga reader, I have to say they're doing a good job adapting this. The music they used during Bols' death scene really made it poignant stuff.

The next episodes will be pretty brutal too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 26, 2014 12:51 PM

Nov 2012
at least bors death is not so painful and gruesome like...
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 26, 2014 12:51 PM

Jun 2008
DeathRyu said:
Chelsea deserved that for killing Bols and for being so cocky thinking she can kill Kurome by herself and i'm happy to see Kurome cared for bols. Also Esdeath blushed when she took off his helmet must mean Bols must be cute! Too bad his wife and daughter won't see daddy comming home for dinner q_q R.I.P Bols<3

Yeah lets morn for the fucking killer that committed burning genocides because he acted sweet when he wasn't burning innocent kids and families. Sorry but i don't care for hypocrites. He can burn in hell like the piece of shit he was. Chelsea should get a medal for his killing. She was the person that killed people that polluted the world and trying to make it a better place.
Oct 26, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2014

She knew before Tatsumi even left to check it out... but probably couldn't bring herself to say it/knew Tatsumi wouldn't accept it without seeing it himself

This episode was so great... but so so sad. You could feel the emotions of the characters before they die, so you can even sympathize with the characters you dislike.

It hurt to see Chelsea brutally killed and have her head put on a stake in public... but at least I can be in peace knowing she basically saved Tatsumi in the last episode, finished off Bols, and I don't know if she really thought she could take Kurome or not, but attempted to do so anyway just so Night Raid, and specifically Tatsumi, wouldn't have to face her again.
TyrelOct 26, 2014 9:47 PM
Oct 26, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2014
This was the one part of the show I was extremely excited for and hoping to get adapted. It was beautiful. So mad with Chelsea's death as I was before.

But wow. After having Nyau's "collection" censored earlier in the show, another part I was really looking forward to, I thought they'd censor the decapitated head on the pole. Extremely happy they didn't.

Kurome's madness looked incredible too. They did a really good job with that entire scene.
Nop.
Oct 26, 2014 12:57 PM

Feb 2013
R.I.P Chelsea

You will not be forgotten...

Oct 26, 2014 12:59 PM

Dec 2011
Dammit. Chelsea. :( She is one of my favorites and she is pretty new to Night Raid and yet this happened. >.<

Oh well, the episode is still nicely done, love Kurome's scene... and we are entering the new arc already! The Rakshasa Demons are here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
Damn that head scene thou...
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 26, 2014 1:00 PM

Jan 2014
Cambiare said:
is it just me or?
rip Chelsea.
That in itself is kind of the charm of the series. NOBODY is pretty much safe of getting sliced in two.
Oct 26, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2013
BGMaxie said:
Cambiare said:
is it just me or?
rip Chelsea.
That in itself is kind of the charm of the series. NOBODY is pretty much safe of getting sliced in two.

people keep saying that like it is something special. it is not and it is poorly done in akame ga kill.
Oct 26, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2014
BGMaxie said:

It depends how you execute it though. I can see how it can be annoying some people because the way they execute is quite repetitive and anyone with half a brain can tell when someone is going to die.

It'd be a lot more interesting if they happened when we didn't see it coming at all, but the deathflags are always, extremely obvious.

Flashback prior, person is going to die
Confesses love interest, person is going to die.
Says "I'll go fight on my own", or something around that, person is going to die.
Nop.

Jun 2009
good bye chelsea! :(
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm too scared to watch this episode....Bors and Chelsea dying was hard on me when I read it in the manga

Plus, this episode will only just make me hate Mein ever more than I do now xD
Oct 26, 2014 1:10 PM

Jan 2011
Damn, the show keeps getting even more edgy and gory with every new episode (which I like). Kinda rushed on the other hand....
Oct 26, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2012
BullSmit said:

Flashback prior, person is going to die
Confesses love interest, person is going to die.
Says "I'll go fight on my own", or something around that, person is going to die.

basic formula of gundam shows
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 26, 2014 1:11 PM

Jun 2013
Character Specific Backstory = Tragic Death

A formula we anime, manga, and light novel viewers are familiar with.

I can already tell those who voted low on this poll just didn't want their favorite character to die but what do you expect from a show like this? They did their job by making a strong character connection with the audience and then giving them that same lost and grief that the characters are experiencing. This series is freaking serious and thats why I love this show.
Oct 26, 2014 1:12 PM

Mar 2014
God damn that was brutal. I'm actually surprised the ending scene wasn't censored. Props to White Fox for showing it.

Bols :(
Zanos1Oct 26, 2014 1:18 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 26, 2014 1:14 PM

Aug 2014
Huh... HUH? Two deaths in one episode, okay. Both heartbreaking. It's okay, though. To think Bols will never see his family again, and Chelsea just started to like NR and even had feelings for Tatsumi. Yeah, i'm perfectly okay... :'(

What the hell, i can't even be mad at anyone besides the author. Kurome had such a dark past, and she really cares for her teammates. The Jaegars are also depicted as overall good people. Enough with the mind games!

Seriously, though... her head on a spike? Did she deserve that? This anime has a switch - when it's off, it has amazing comedy and nothing else, when it's on - things get real... real dark, that is. How it achieves that better than so many anime trying to do the same is beyond me.

5/5. Chelsea, Bols... R.I.P
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Oct 26, 2014 1:18 PM

Aug 2008
Poor Bols; he was not that bad of a person.

When Chelsea decided to go after Kurome, I knew that was the end for her... I mean, it had to be either Chelsea or Kurome, and there's no way someone like Kurome would die this early.

Nonetheless, the rationale for Kurome to survive was a dumb one. A new medicine that can just stop her from being poisoned to death? Sounds like deus ex to me!

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 26, 2014 1:20 PM
Dec 2012
Chelsea really started to grow on me. RIP :<
Oct 26, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2009
god fucking dammit >_<
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 26, 2014 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
RIP baby girl :(
Oct 26, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2014
chelsea had a short run...
when i was reading the manga, i never really got attached to her. i honestly depicted her as one of the more annoying characters in the series because of how she fell in love with tatsumi and how she really didn't do anything. but when she was introduced in the anime, i became more attached to her. i really didn't want this episode to come, but alas, not adapting her death would be a crime considering how much of an impact it had in the manga. though, i thought the ed fit this episode perfectly!
Don't click unless you're all caught up in the manga
Oct 26, 2014 1:36 PM

Nov 2012
Where the hell did Leone get that shield. I don't get it.
Jaywalker.
Oct 26, 2014 1:36 PM

Jan 2014
This was intense! Sugoi! :)
Oct 26, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
jeez poor chelsea... she was really a good character ;(
nice to have some backstory on her and akame/kurome
Oct 26, 2014 1:46 PM

Sep 2012
That one makes me sad, seriously.

I don't care a lot about Bols, he was a good character, nothing more than that.
But about Chelsea i really feel bad. I get attached to her since her first appearence.RIP :(
Oct 26, 2014 1:46 PM

Oct 2014
Epicenter said:
Where the hell did Leone get that shield. I don't get it.

From Wall, the bald guy.

Oct 26, 2014 1:47 PM

Jun 2014
Getting better lately starting to like this one
feel free to check out my list and message me recommendations :)
Oct 26, 2014 1:57 PM
Feb 2013
xSanox said:
BGMaxie said:

people keep saying that like it is something special. it is not and it is poorly done in akame ga kill.

Actually, it IS something special. In the vast majority of shounen and other anime genres - except some specific seinen - there are no or very few deaths. Even while they get stabbed through their hart, being chopped up, bleeding rivers of blood, getting crushed, etc. - almost nobody ever dies.

Naruto, Bleach, OP to name a few of the most popular, all suffer from that. If anyone dies, it's always the bad guys, never someone of the main 'good' cast. Whether it's poorly done is another matter, and far more subjective at that. I thought, in this episode, it was pretty well done. I've seen some other where it was better, true, but still: it remains a rare sight, and kudo's to every shounen who has the guts to show some deaths, even from the main 'good' side.
Oct 26, 2014 2:00 PM

Apr 2012
This is different from manga, right? I can't remember
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.