Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you get scared (of rejection, etc) when you post comments on the web?
Oct 24, 2014 3:49 AM

Apr 2012
You've no idea the amount of courage I need just to post this but I've been wondering about some stuff regarding other hikikomori in the world, and this is one of them so here goes.
I know that hikikomori can't talk to others physically. But what about on the web? Am I the only one who's scared to post comments on social media sites, MAL, etc?
''俺はいつになったら自由になれるんだろう…''
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 25, 2014 8:56 AM

Mar 2014
I dislike when other people read my comments, still, I'm commenting a lot, e.g. on MAL or on my favourite anime streaming site. Rejection is the one thing I'm scared of the most.

Maybe I should just stop doing it, but I'm bored and this is kind of the only way for me to get into contact with others.
Oct 26, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2014
Sekai1ban said:
I know that hikikomori can't talk to others physically. But what about on the web? Am I the only one who's scared to post comments on social media sites, MAL, etc?

^^Sometimes. I'm not AS scared posting comments as physically talking to someone.

Eulenspiegel said:
I dislike when other people read my comments, still, I'm commenting a lot.

^^ Same here. But it usually depends on how much I believe in my comments/remarks/opinions/etc.

If I said something that I am 100% proud of on a YouTube video, & someone replied in a very negative fashion (i.e. being rude, voicing their "opinions", etc.). I can be quite hostile.

But if they're simple troll comments (or anything as stupid), I ignore them.
Dec 13, 2014 9:46 AM

Dec 2014
I don't have much of an issue w people not liking what I say, oddly enough...I just don't like most people.
I don't agree w/ most people, I don't like how they act or parade their lifestyles around, and I guess my antisocial behavior in-person stems from family issues, since I've had those forever.
I've never had issues w/ dropping friends if they acted like assholes, or we just weren't compatible. I did, however, have a partner that I stayed w/ just because he was familiar and easier to be around than attempting to find someone else I could date. But he became too possessive, and I couldn't deal w/ that...so...EVENTUALLY, I broke up w/ him. I guess it would sound like a miracle to have dated at all. It's happened, and I do have sex.
I just can't build emotional connections very well w/o either freaking out or resenting them. Not that I don't have emotions or anything. They're painfully and regrettably there.
(っ◔◡◔)っ just on my dumb shit
Dec 15, 2014 1:44 AM
Sep 2014
it happened to me a lot until some time ago, maybe 2-3 months
now not that much, I just don't give a fuck anymore even if people judge me in a bad way

I just hope I'll be able to stick with this state of mind, it makes things easier (it's mainly an online thing but to a certain extent I'm doing the same irl as well)
Dec 15, 2014 2:29 AM

Apr 2012
How nice. Much envy. I hope my time/turn comes soon.
''俺はいつになったら自由になれるんだろう…''
Dec 15, 2014 4:46 AM

Mar 2008
I still sometimes get nervous when first talking to someone one on one if I do not know much about them. I just got used to it though. I skype with a few people but rarely go on cam for most but I talk just fine on cam but when i do it i get really anxious if i am not used to them like i have to take a big breather before i start and try to calm myself. I even asked if i sound like i talk normal and they all say im fine. Im pretty social online id say though. I random message people on MAL and on Tumblr every once in a while. However i almost never send friend requests to anyone since I dont want to be rejected or bother someone with it. Someone has to send to me first. I want people to like me.
Feb 10, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
I'm always so surprised to hear that there are people who aren't comfortable with posting online. It's anonymous, and I don't have to worry about being physically bullied or humiliated from something I post online... so it's actually my most comfortable form of communication.
Feb 12, 2015 2:42 AM

Apr 2012
I really, really wish i could say the same. But when someone says something that i'm sensitive about, it usually get to me really bad. Maybe that's just who i am. Maybe i'm just an over sensitive person.

Like if i ask 'why do we have to have this disease called anxiety. Why us? Why me? Is there any way to survive without going out there?'. Because seriously, no one in their right mind want to deal with things that hurt them, so i think that's a pretty natural way of thinking. And then someone comes along and says 'the world doesnt owe you shit, you know that right? Stop faking you fuck, and get to work'. This was a real case i had to deal with not too long ago. I deleted my original comment straight away and felt suicidal for the next 1 week. There are worse things i have to deal with now, so little by little my brain starts pushing that disgusting remark towards me, off the 'to worry list'. I know i'm not the only one with this sort of personality, so it cheers me up a bit, usually, when i see someone else like this. Though that doesn't really fix anything..
''俺はいつになったら自由になれるんだろう…''
Feb 12, 2015 3:00 AM

Mar 2008
I get less effected by people once I picture those keyboard warriors as the little ugly nerds they are in real life.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» How many of you like the outdoors or nature?

traed - Aug 7, 2023

11 by Laniakea- »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:49 AM

» What do you practice and learn?

Butterfly_White - Mar 13, 2023

6 by Otakulover99 »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:35 AM

» how do u guys make money?

hik1komori - Apr 21, 2022

17 by MumeiHikki »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:39 PM

» How much do you care about your personal hygiene?

removed-user - May 13, 2015

19 by traed »»
Jun 29, 2023 1:11 AM

» Have you chosen your nick?

Heko - Mar 20, 2015

27 by water_my_melons »»
Jun 20, 2023 8:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.