Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2014 9:33 PM

Dec 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tough situation for Seiya.
May 24, 2015 10:01 PM

Jan 2011
I don't know why Marin even bothered showing up because all she did was get in the way, yet again.

And I'm pretty sure Seiya thinks Marin is his sister which I still do not understand :|
Apr 3, 2018 11:12 PM

Jun 2016
I honestly can't recall if we ever got to know if Marin was Seiya's sister or not. There was some clear heavy foreshadowing with the silver saints saying that she was if I recall, but that plot line has fallen behind the rest of the story. The idea that she and Seiya went to Sanctuary around the same time and Marin was already able to teach him makes such little sense that it's hard to conceive. I also seem to recall Marin got sent to Sanctuary and got her memories removed? I can't believe how little I remember about the Marin sister situation after my break, I have to assume it's somewhat the fault of the anime for having it be so unimportant but keeping it along this whole time. It's also evident that she was brought into this episode to be a hostage. At least it's not out of character for her to secretly come along to help Seiya from behind the scenes.

Alberich has to be the most unlikable Saint Seiya character to date. Maybe not as bad as the filler saints who vanished from the story line cause they were so bad, but still pretty unlikable. He's a snot-nosed God Warrior who's on a power trip and only fights for getting appraisal from his superiors. He's nowhere near the other God Warriors in fighting skill or resolve and he relies on tricks and using hostages to win. Seiya almost squashed him like a bug until he used the hostage card. The hostage card that kinda clearly is Marin being a plot device because otherwise this villain would be a joke. I seem to recall Crow Jamian being obnoxious too, so maybe the three(counting filler saints as one character) would all come close.

The whole 'the same move won't work twice on a saint' concept is odd. We've seen cases where that's not the case such as Seiya seeing Thors and dealing with it, or Ikki doing the same with Mime, but then later falling prey to it again. Even Seiya is the master of using Ryusei Ken until it works! If this is really true, wouldn't all saints know that and not use the same move twice? I think in effect it means if it's the same move in the same way and they were able to see it and move fast enough then it won't work twice as we've seen that cosmos growing makes the moves harder to deal with. It's just quite the cheesy way to say that hahaha.

Edit: I forgot to mention, but I'm glad Shiryu was out cold so long. It makes Fenrir who took a direct hit look like much less of a chump since the avalanche nearly killed Shiryu as well!
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsApr 3, 2018 11:22 PM
Apr 4, 2018 6:42 AM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
I honestly can't recall if we ever got to know if Marin was Seiya's sister or not. There was some clear heavy foreshadowing with the silver saints saying that she was if I recall, but that plot line has fallen behind the rest of the story. The idea that she and Seiya went to Sanctuary around the same time and Marin was already able to teach him makes such little sense that it's hard to conceive. I also seem to recall Marin got sent to Sanctuary and got her memories removed? I can't believe how little I remember about the Marin sister situation after my break, I have to assume it's somewhat the fault of the anime for having it be so unimportant but keeping it along this whole time.

Don't worry. This is exactly what you should know/guess at this point!
Apr 4, 2018 1:41 PM

Jun 2016
Sparkyon said:
Don't worry. This is exactly what you should know/guess at this point!

That's relieving, thanks the follow up. I thought I had completely blanked out on what was happening.
Jan 26, 2022 5:29 AM

Jun 2020
The subs makes sure to keep trolling me throughout. I hope it ends soon.

Mar 21, 1:44 PM

Nov 2015
So much impasse on this episode that I fall sleep... seriously, that wind sounds reminds me of being inside a hut near the fireplace and covered in a chair sleeping 😂 like in that DragonBall ep where eight appears... Anyway 3/5. soothing
Berry-VodkaMar 21, 1:47 PM

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 111 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 100 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 16, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 97 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 22, 2012

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 98 Discussion

Albi-kun - Dec 7, 2014

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.