Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (79) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2014 8:08 PM

Jan 2014
I suggest wiki.

But wait until you finished the series. Or you will be spoiled.
Nov 2, 2014 12:20 AM

Sep 2014
What is the canocity status of the 2006 Archer vs Berserker fight and the

Nov 2, 2014 12:36 AM

Apr 2010
Not_A_Priest said:

Don't think is anything canon for the fight, Fate/DEEN pending of course.
Nov 2, 2014 12:38 AM

Aug 2014
Orochiro said:
I guess there will be no explanation about the spells that the mages are using during battles so what would be the best place to read more about them?

I'm mainly interested in the bird familiars (that can change shape)/jewel spells/red and black orbs (the ones that Rin used against Illya and those skeletons in the latest ep)/the enhancement that Rin used on herself to escape from Lancer.

There is that info thread with servant stats and abilities so I thought that these are also probably explained in detail somewhere.

To answer; (No real spoilers, but you might be different in what you consider a spoiler)

Not_A_Priest said:

I thought it made sense, actually.
InsertanamehereNov 2, 2014 1:49 AM
Nov 2, 2014 1:19 AM

Sep 2013
Reinforcement is the most simple magecraft is what you wanted to say, because it's absolutely basics. Reinforcing yourself is easy, other objects are hard and other people is very hard.
Nov 2, 2014 1:49 AM

Aug 2014
Knew I shouldn't trust the wiki too much on it.
Nov 2, 2014 1:24 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah, that's the problem with wikis. People mindlessly copy stuff without varifying whether it's actually true. Reinforcement is basic magecraft, what they wanted to say is that it's almost impossible to master (even bad magi like Maiya can do it). It wouldn't really make sense if Kiritsugu taught Shirou the most difficult spell first.
Nov 2, 2014 1:50 AM

Aug 2014
CorePriest said:
Yeah, that's the problem with wikis. People mindlessly copy stuff without varifying whether it's actually true. Reinforcement is basic magecraft, what they wanted to say is that it's almost impossible to master (even bad magi like Maiya can do it). It wouldn't really make sense if Kiritsugu taught Shirou the most difficult spell first.

I'd actually just finished Rin's lecture on it in the Fate route, so reading that it's the hardest after she said it's basic confused me a little.
Judging by how some if it reads, it was probably a little half-assedly translated from Japanese.
Nov 2, 2014 1:53 AM

Sep 2013
InsertPriestHere said:
CorePriest said:

I'd actually just finished Rin's lecture on it in the Fate route, so reading that it's the hardest after she said it's basic confused me a little.
Judging by how some if it reads, it was probably a little half-assedly translated from Japanese.

She basically said what I said. Easy to learn, hard to master. (And humans are one of the most flawed existences in Nasuverse, so reinforcing yourself is super easy and effective.)
Nov 2, 2014 3:26 AM
Jan 2014
kronos7 said:
1. Did Archer actually killed Berserker in episode 3 with Caladbolg or Berserker protected himself?
2. Do you guys think that Caladbolg is powerful enough to kill Lancelot?

1. Like already said, no. He turned around and didn't let it hit him directly.
2. Yeah probably, only IF he will let himself get direclty hit by it.
SNSConnectionNov 2, 2014 3:52 AM
Nov 2, 2014 3:41 AM

Jun 2009
I'm asking about Lancelot, because he has A-rank defense and Arodnight increases it by one rank. Shouldn't he be almost indestructible with that?
Nov 2, 2014 3:43 AM

Dec 2012
I have 2 questions:

1. How could Shirou summon Saber without any rituals just like other masters?(episode 1)

2. And how could Shirou use his Command Seal without any spell?(episode 1)
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 3:46 AM

Sep 2013
kronos7 said:
I'm asking about FZ-Berserker, because he has A-rank defense and his NP increases it by one rank. Shouldn't he be almost indestructible with that?

If Archer snipes him with either Caladbolg or Hrunting, and FZ-Berserker doesn't have any protection against projectiles, nor does he possess instincts, he's dead. Don't know how to weigh in his divine protection though.

Pat_To_Do-List said:
I have 2 questions:

1. How could Shirou summon Saber without any rituals just like other masters?(episode 1)

2. And how could Shirou use his Command Seal without any spell?(episode 1)

1. Forcefully summoned. He was chosen as a Master a while ago, but didn't summon his Servant, so the Grail did because seven Servants are needed to start the Grail War. People who have seen FZ have seen that before.

2. Not sure what you're talking about. He obviously had his spells already. Command Spells can be activated by any Master through sheer will and thought.
CapsuleCoreNov 2, 2014 3:50 AM
Nov 2, 2014 3:56 AM

Dec 2012
CorePriest said:
1. Forcefully summoned. He was chosen as a Master a while ago, but didn't summon his Servant, so the Grail did because seven Servants are needed to start the Grail War. People who have seen FZ have seen that before.

2. Not sure what you're talking about. He obviously had his spells already. Command Spells can be activated by any Master through sheer will and thought.

1. I have watched F/Z, but I did not notice any forceful summons.

2. Oh, okay. I thought Command Spells could only be activated by a chant just like in F/Z.
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 3:56 AM
Jan 2014
kronos7 said:
I'm asking about Lancelot, because he has A-rank defense and Arodnight increases it by one rank. Shouldn't he be almost indestructible with that?

Lacelot's durability is very high indeed(most likely the highest amongst the servants). But he isn't indestructible. Although I'm not too sure about killing, considering he has survived direct NPs from Gil and Rider's Gordius Wheel, but caladblog would surely hurt him if hit directly.
Nov 2, 2014 4:05 AM

Aug 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
CorePriest said:

2. Oh, okay. I thought Command Spells could only be activated by a chant just like in F/Z.

They don't use any spell in F/Z either, though.
Nov 2, 2014 4:07 AM
Jul 2014
Caladbolg will destroy lancelot. Defense alone won't save you from something like a A rank BP unless its EX defense. FSN Berserker is tanking every shit because of God Hand, Lancelot got no NP shield, ability, etc. to protect himself from that kind of attack.
Nov 2, 2014 4:08 AM

Dec 2012
InsertPriestHere said:

When?
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 4:09 AM

Sep 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
CorePriest said:

1. Caster. Uryuu didn't do a proper summoning, he just was chosen as a Master.

2. You give an order and the Command Spell activates if you're willing it. You don't have to say "I'm using my Command Spell to order you to blablabla". You can if you want to, but it's not necessary.
CapsuleCoreNov 2, 2014 4:14 AM
Nov 2, 2014 4:09 AM

Aug 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
InsertPriestHere said:

When?

When they use the command seals.
Like when
Nov 2, 2014 4:10 AM

Jan 2013
can u get artificial foreskin?
Nov 2, 2014 4:12 AM

Sep 2013
SolvitePriest said:
Ask Merlin and Saber.

Nov 2, 2014 4:12 AM

May 2014
SolvitePriest said:
My man Merlin could prolly hook you up. How many inches?
Nov 2, 2014 4:28 AM

Dec 2012
CorePriest said:

2. You give an order and the Command Spell activates if you're willing it. You don't have to say "I'm using my Command Spell to order you to blablabla". You can if you want to, but it's not necessary.

1. He did not do a proper summoning, but at least he did try to summon Caster. As far as I know Shirou did not even try to summon Saber, right?

2. I did not know that. How did you know?

InsertPriestHere said:
Like when

He did the chant when he summoned Saber there. Just watch it again, it's on episode 20.
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 4:32 AM

Aug 2014
Oh you mean the "By my command spell" bit?
Nov 2, 2014 4:36 AM

Mar 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:

1. He did not do a proper summoning, but at least he did try to summon Caster. As far as I know Shirou did not even try to summon Saber, right?

Uryuu was just trying to summon a demon, he had no knowledge of servant classes or heroic spirits.

As for why Shriou summoned Saber
Nov 2, 2014 4:38 AM

May 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
CorePriest said:

1.they'll probably (definitely) go over Shirou's summoning later in the series. Because it has more problems than just that.

2.This is from the VN, There's no reason to say they won't lampshade this somewhere in here.
Nov 2, 2014 4:38 AM

Sep 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
CorePriest said:

InsertPriestHere said:
Like when

He did the chant when he summoned Saber there. Just watch it again, it's on episode 20.

I'm using tags now just to be safe.

2. I read the novel.
Nov 2, 2014 4:45 AM

Dec 2012
InsertPriestHere said:
Oh you mean the "By my command spell" bit?

Exactly.

ElPysCongroo said:
Uryuu was just trying to summon a demon, he had no knowledge of servant classes or heroic spirits.

As for why Shriou summoned Saber

But at least he did the chant & did some stuff to summon a servant. Shirou on the other hand . . .
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 4:51 AM

Sep 2013
A catalyst is an item that helps the Grail to summon a certain Heroic Spirit. If you want Heracles, you better get an item that is associated with him and prepare it before you summon your Servant. Waver explains it and the BD bonuses from FZ do, too.

And again, what Uryuu chanted isn't better than nothing, it's nothing. The Grail did the summoning.
Nov 2, 2014 4:54 AM

Mar 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
But at least he did the chant & did some stuff to summon a servant. Shirou on the other hand.

A catalyst is a usually some artifact that has ties to a heroic spirit/s , that help the summoner chose a specific hero they want (and will also help narrow down class, as most heroes fit in like 3 classes at max). Spoilers Ahead
Nov 2, 2014 5:00 AM

May 2014
ElPysCongroo said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
But at least he did the chant & did some stuff to summon a servant. Shirou on the other hand.

A catalyst is a usually some artifact that has ties to a heroic spirit/s , that help the summoner chose a specific hero they want (and will also help narrow down class, as most heroes fit in like 3 classes at max). Spoilers Ahead
I don't know why you feel you have to put the full spoiler in there. Your allowed to make it ambiguous, the guy would probably appreciate it.

Don't mean to be coon but it just irks me for some reason.
Nov 2, 2014 6:18 AM

Dec 2012
WrongPriest said:
1.they'll probably (definitely) go over Shirou's summoning later in the series. Because it has more problems than just that.

2.This is from the VN, There's no reason to say they won't lampshade this somewhere in here.

1. I hope you are right.

2. Again, I hope you are right.

CorePriest said:

2. I read the novel.

1.Iri's circle? What is that?

2. I see. Too bad the anime did not tell us about that. Too bad indeed.

ElPysCongroo said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 6:47 AM

Sep 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:

CorePriest said:

2. I read the novel.

1.Iri's circle? What is that?

2. I see. Too bad the anime did not tell us about that. Too bad indeed.

2. I'm pretty sure it's also mentioned in FZ's BD specials (Einzbern Consultation Room).

Pat_To_Do-List said:

ElPysCongroo said:

Nov 2, 2014 7:00 AM

Dec 2012
CorePriest said:

2. I'm pretty sure it's also mentioned in FZ's BD specials (Einzbern Consultation Room).

1. Oh, Irisviel. I did not know she was called Iri too. Sorry.

2. An important explanation get explained in a bonus content. What an EA move.

CorePriest said:

Oh, the sheath. I remember now, but I did not see Avalon when Saber got summoned.
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 7:02 AM

Nov 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Oh, the sheath. I remember now, but I did not see Avalon when Saber got summoned.
Watch episode 1 again please.
Nov 2, 2014 7:10 AM

Dec 2012
BotatoPriest said:

I just did, & I saw the Avalon in some kind of DNA animation(I guess?). So the Avalon was inside Shirou's body?
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 7:10 AM

Aug 2014
I don't mean to offend you, Pat, but I think you need to pay a little more attention when you're watching. >.>
Nov 2, 2014 7:11 AM

Dec 2012
InsertPriestHere said:
I don't mean to offend you, Pat, but I think you need to pay a little more attention when you're watching. >.>

Thank you for the advice.
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 7:12 AM

May 2014
Is this a death tournament? I should I write off that element completely until the last few episodes?
Nov 2, 2014 7:13 AM

Aug 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
BotatoPriest said:

I just did, & I saw the Avalon in some kind of DNA animation(I guess?). So the Avalon was inside Shirou's body?

T3hSource said:
Is this a death tournament? I should I write off that element completely until the last few episodes?

Only basically.
The masters don't have to die.
And in any case, F/SN's Grail War isn't a standard one, with not too much focus on that aspect, except kind of in the Fate route, F/Z has something more of "death tournament" of sorts.
Nov 2, 2014 7:16 AM

Sep 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
BotatoPriest said:

That's a Fate spoiler, be careful, if you want to read that.

The blue/green lines that you see are magic circuits. They are also seen when Shirou uses reinforcement, like when he reinforced that poster against Lancer in episode 1.

T3hSource said:

Shirou doesn't want to kill people. People are still gonna die and not all of them in the last few episodes.
Nov 2, 2014 7:16 AM

Dec 2012
InsertPriestHere said:

You mean he put it in the warehouse? I do not remember that kind of scene. Are you sure?
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 7:18 AM

Sep 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
InsertPriestHere said:

You mean he put it in the warehouse? I do not remember that kind of scene. Are you sure?

Nov 2, 2014 7:20 AM

Nov 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
InsertPriestHere said:

It wasn't shown in F/Z.

It is revealed on day 13 of Fate route in the VN iirc.
Nov 2, 2014 7:21 AM

Dec 2012
CorePriest said:

BotatoPriest said:

Another important explanation did not make it into the anime adaptation. That's not good.
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 7:24 AM

Mar 2012
Avalon is OP
Nov 2, 2014 7:24 AM

Sep 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
CorePriest said:

Like I said one or two times already, it was covered in FSN's first story, Fate. Since ufotable doesn't cover the Fate route, they might explain it later though. FSN is made of three stories and it forces you to play Fate before you can play UBW.

Nov 2, 2014 7:25 AM

Oct 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
CorePriest said:

Most of the things you are asking will be explained later. Just wait and see.

Pat_To_Do-List said:
BotatoPriest said:

Another important explanation did not make it into the anime adaptation. That's not good.

Because of the lack of Fate route, I'm pretty sure they will add most of the infodumps/explanations found in the Fate route.
Nov 2, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
BotatoPriest said:

This is an UBW route adaptation though. Not a Fate route adaptation.

Regardless, they will probably add it because DEENight does not exist.

Edit: Actually, dafuq am I saying, we are still on day 4 in the anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (79) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.