Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 20, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was quite an interesting episode. Not a fan of Midousuji but his past was quite interesting imo as we know more about himself and his family. I actually feel a bit sorry for the guy this episode. Still, I admit that the kid has great talent and potential.

Great episode again with the back story and usage of the OST.
Oct 20, 2014 10:59 AM

May 2013
Glad to see that Midousuji lost. It was sad though learning of his past and his mother.
Oct 20, 2014 11:08 AM

Jul 2010
Midousuji's past! He being an awkward and a strange kid that was still cute towards his mother. :( Her mom being unable to make it.

Having conflicting emotions about Midousuji losing after this. I mean I wanted him to lose, but just didn't expect him to lose like this and kind of fall into despair. His tooth breaking, a part that his mother praised him on.

Midousuji pushing himself past his limits yet it wasn't enough at the end. :(

So did Hakone win then :O Since the right side had his hand up :/

Quite the episode though! Showing the last 300 meters in such a way!
Oct 20, 2014 11:19 AM

Nov 2007
Sob backstory are no excuse...once you are shitty human being,then you are shitty human being.
He used to be such an cute kid tho...
Oct 20, 2014 11:23 AM

Feb 2014
Having said those things to Imaizumi... to think it really happened to him...

Jeez, this episode... seeing Midousuji's past and all. We get to know why and how he became like he is now.

FatefulLove said:

So did Hakone win then :O Since the right side had his hand up :/

I want to know too...

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Oct 20, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2011
His mom is really pretty so why does Midousuji look like he's a friggin' satan.
But yeah, that was a pretty interesting episode. Finally, the 2nd day of inter-high ends in the next episode.
Oct 20, 2014 11:52 AM
Aug 2012
Wow holy shit that was intense, really like the OST used there to make it more intense. The author create a character that piss us off and then throw a sad back story for him? well play author, well play
Oct 20, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2009
It would have been nice to get Midousuji's backstory last season, or at least hints of it. Sure it doesn't redeem his current character, but we can at least see that he wasn't always like that.

I don't even care who won, I just want to get to the after race chatter and stuff.
Oct 20, 2014 12:08 PM

Nov 2012
Midousuji :( Since I like him the best of the characters I'm really sad, I loved how I didn't want him to win at the beginning of the episode but wanted him to at the end. Or maybe not, after all if he had won he would not have grown at all.

Oct 20, 2014 12:11 PM

Oct 2014
I've been waiting for this episode for such a long time...and this is why Midousuji is my favorite character from YP...
Oct 20, 2014 12:11 PM
Oct 2014
yey, there are other people who like midousuji too :D i would've actually been happy with anyone winning tho. this is one of the last races for the 3rd years after all.
and the next ep will propably be even sadder for me, i hope midousuji will be fine after getting 3rd place ;v;
koiipyOct 20, 2014 12:17 PM
Oct 20, 2014 12:16 PM

Jun 2014
Well i think we get one or two episodes between the race and the next day :)

Midousuji becomes likeable only after this episode though xD
Oct 20, 2014 12:20 PM

Dec 2011
I guessed that Midousuji had a sad/tragic past that could warrant his current behavior, but I still can't bring myself to like him (I do understand him better now though) even though I must admit he is really strong, if not one of the strongest.

Such a nice and beautiful mother T.T

Dat way of sleeping doe...

Ah, so he wasn't good when it came to sports in general eh.

Poor mom died T.T

Okay... his tooth just broke...

Great episode and ending.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 20, 2014 12:20 PM
Apr 2013
As I've been reading the manga, I knew this was going to happen and I was very eagerly waiting for this. That chapter of the manga is definitely one of my favorites and I seriously cried my eyes out when I read it and I cried so much in this episode too. (Okay okay I cry very easily but Midousuji's past story is just so heart-breaking.)

I think they did very good job animating it!! Midou looks as cute as in the manga and the OST is amazing. They even added that fricking fish there lol. Midousuji's younger voice is cute.

I really liked this episode but I think the next episode is also going to be quite sad for me because Midousuji lost... I kind of want all the three teams to win. :'D But this is nice character development for Midousuji.
Oct 20, 2014 12:30 PM

Jun 2014
omg he didn't win :(
Oct 20, 2014 12:31 PM

Sep 2007
thank god finally some development and something new. For some reason when the "injury" came up I thought that Midousuji was going to win but then couldn't pedal anymore or something like that :D
The thing about the teeth was a bit exaggerated, they could've just made him lose and that's it.
Oct 20, 2014 12:32 PM

May 2012
why!! let me hate Midousuji like I used to..

Oct 20, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 2010
Dem feelz D: Poor Akira. But really how does a cute kid like that change into such an ugly monster XD Still love him though. He's an awesome character. RIP front tooth :(

I was actually cheering for him at the end.

Seems like Hakone won this day. Sohoku to win the last day incoming >.<!! 3rd day should be epic!! I wonder if Akira will still be competing? He teared his muscles to the extreme and probably lost all motivation there.
Oct 20, 2014 12:37 PM

Apr 2008
Amazing episode, it really blew my mind. Now that I know why Midousuji is suck a jerk I like hime more than before. His flashback was superb, and what an intense end for the episode. I'm literally speechless D:

PD- It looks like Fukutomi won since he raised his arm in a sign of victory.
Oct 20, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2008
Midousuji was such cute, sweet and precious little angel,
and then become such creepy psycho... -.-

I feel bad for him, but still...
He deserved to lose.
Maybe he will learn something from it.

Looks like Hakone win this time...
Eh... I wanted Souhoku to win!
Oct 20, 2014 12:42 PM

Dec 2011
They did an excelent job with Midousuji's backstory in the anime, it was one of the things I've been looking foward to seeing animated the most and they absolutely nailed it. It was "dryer" in the manga, but I like how it turned out here.

Mini Midou was super cute... Maybe more people will warm up to him after today's episode.
Oct 20, 2014 12:43 PM
Feb 2013
I was rooting for Akira there. Didn't see that coming. Damn you, mangaka-san, you didn't need to make him lose in such tragic manner, tear his leg, break his tooth. Wondering what will happen to him. Hakone too the 2nd day, so the 3rd should be filled with Hakone vs Souhoku.
Oct 20, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
Midousuji was a cute kid.
Great episode!
Oct 20, 2014 12:53 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Loved Midousuji's flashbacks as a kid. I knew he's the way he is now because of what happened in the past. Them feels when his mom died. T_T

Towards the end, I actually wanted him to win. Why do they do this to us? Showing a heartwarming yet sad flashback and then putting that character down like nothing. >.<

Excellent episode! Hakone probably won the race. But Souhoku's good day is coming soon!

Oct 20, 2014 1:11 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I wasn't expecting Akira development at this point but dang I now taken a liken to him now. Too bad you lost though. It looks like Hakone won that battle so lets see if Akira or even Chiba can take it back now on the final day.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 20, 2014 1:24 PM

Nov 2009
With or without the sad flashback, i was for Midousuji. I just love @ssholes xD.
Oct 20, 2014 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
Yes yes so sad that revelation totally absolves him of being a complete asshole since his introduction. Finally happy to see him knocked down to size since his unrealistic qualities belittle the effort that everybody else puts in.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 20, 2014 1:43 PM

May 2011
Figured Midousuji had a tragic pass and I still think he's creepy. But it was really sweet with the teeth which made the ending argh feels anyway. I might have rooted for him a bit. Or so much I didn't notice which of the others won.
Oct 20, 2014 1:45 PM

Jun 2014
That's the first time I've seen a tooth break in that way. Thank the gods that Shaggy & Scooby get their calcium.
Oct 20, 2014 1:46 PM

Apr 2014
asdfgjdjsjd beautiful episode.

I just hate that they keep giving us these cliffhangers especially now when we get to know who won because it erases all that tension that they built up this episode. As a result, I won't feel as many feels next week !!!

...Regardless, Midousuji's past was well executed.
Oct 20, 2014 2:04 PM
Nov 2012
Shinimiras said:
It would have been nice to get Midousuji's backstory last season, or at least hints of it.

I believe Midousuji once told Imaizumi that he wouldn't even stop pedaling even if his mother had died.
Oct 20, 2014 2:07 PM

Mar 2009
Well, shit. They actually made me feel bad for Midousuji.
Oct 20, 2014 2:09 PM

Jan 2014
I feel bad for Midousuji.. his teeth man.. his teeth.... But I wanted him to lose so.... good on that part. But seriously... poor guy.

Yowa peda 2 10/10 thus far.. love this show so damn much!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Oct 20, 2014 2:31 PM

Apr 2009
OG-3 said:

It was all for the sake of victory. Looks aren't important.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Oct 20, 2014 2:34 PM

Aug 2014
All it took was one episode to make me warm up to Midousuji. I was actually rooting for him by the end. But like someone said he needed to lose for his character to develop.
Oct 20, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2013
Dang it. I feel sorry for Midosuji now. Anyways, as a first year, Midosuji has plenty of room to get stronger. It's still impressive to see him break away early and finish almost first
Oct 20, 2014 3:48 PM
Feb 2013
Akira...an eternally-creepy, vitamin D-deficient skeleton of a scarecrow who used to be adorable---wut. In all else, I honestly cried at the backstory---too easily, I suppose. -_-; But dat mom doe. It's that ideal type of mother who makes things right only to fall into despair, especially when his pearly whites were a key part in his pursuing of victory (also, when did he ever use a metaphor like 'crystal'? Dafuq?). Regardless of empathy, he's still a detestable mess of a whelp.
Oct 20, 2014 3:54 PM

Oct 2013
Y'know... when Midousuji told Imaizumi that he wouldn't stop pedalling if his mother died... I jokingly thought that his mom would actually die. So when I watched this episode, I had a massive 'WTF THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING?' face when I watched this episode. No matter how sad his past is, the end doesn't justify the means, but that doesn't even apply here since Midousuji didn't win because he overexerted himself against Shinkai (which I also predicted hue).

I guess Midousuji gained quite a few fans today, but personally I'm just pissed that Fukutomi still won -.- (though it does make sense, since Kinjou pulled for a while in the flats, I'm still pissed lol)
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Oct 20, 2014 4:58 PM

Jul 2014
Still Midousuji my fav character in Yowamushi Pedal ^_^

R.I.P dat tooth
Oct 20, 2014 5:01 PM

Apr 2014
So much tension and so much feels :O

I actually feel sorry for Midousuji. His past is sad. period.

I was actually rooting for him to win because he is sad :(

He was trying to move forward because he don't want to look back at his past. His tooth cracking is disturbing and also quite sad because that's what his mother likes, his shining teeth.

AND COME ON! Why did the show end there?! I want to see who wins now >.< I bet it is a tie again. -__-
Oct 20, 2014 5:16 PM

Jul 2011
Yeah, he used to be quite cute. What happened? >_<
I know he wants to win at any cost, but his methods have gotten very warped... though I do like the character development we got.

And again YP catches me by surprise; I thought he would lose when his leg stopped and he was like "NOPE. SCREW IT." and kept on going.

Looks like Hakone won by a margin.
Oct 20, 2014 5:24 PM

Mar 2012
I really like the character development for Midousuji and really respect his determination for victory. Still an asshat though.
Oct 20, 2014 5:41 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't expect that I would feel any kind of sympathy for Midousuji, but I was wrong. By the end of Inter-High, we might even see some growth of his character.

Fukutomi has raised his hand, so Hakone won? We'll see next week...
Oct 20, 2014 5:42 PM
Feb 2014
this was a good episode.

Midousuji got a good past story

the extra at the end was good also

seems like hakone won, looking forward to the final day
I only read books i have already read
Oct 20, 2014 5:42 PM

Feb 2013
I may be the only one thinking this but Midousuji was cute as a kid. Though he deserved to lose. As someone said above, he will learn something from it.

Oct 20, 2014 6:23 PM
Jul 2014
gissellebatista said:
I may be the only one thinking this but Midousuji was cute as a kid.

Nope. I think he was cute as a kid as well.
It makes sense now, Akira and his determination and all. I kinda felt sorry for him. But I still don't approve of his underhanded tactics. I look forward to seeing Akira develop into a more likable character now that he lost.
Oct 20, 2014 6:36 PM

Aug 2014
whoa, the moment his tooth cracks!
Not to mention i like lil Midousuji when he's blushing :*
it was such an intense & sad episode~
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Oct 20, 2014 7:20 PM
Oct 2009
I waited so much for this episode since I read the manga… And I was definitely not ready for it. I cried a lot, it's even worse animated, with the music and everything.

But I also loved it really much, haha. I like when Midousuji has screen time, even when it's sad.
Oct 20, 2014 7:32 PM
May 2014
OG-3 said:
But yeah, that was a pretty interesting episode. Finally, the 2nd day of inter-high ends in the next episode.

cause he abandoned everything for the sake of winning to fulfill her mom last words.
Oct 20, 2014 7:57 PM

Aug 2013
CRIED. WHY. THEY SERIOUSLY GUILT TRIPPED ME WITH MIDOUSUJI'S PAST. I mean like I know the word "hate" is a strong word to use against him but like DON'T DO THIS TO ME [#´Д`]
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2015

102 by Krravena12544 »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

54 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

55 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

61 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2014

63 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 20, 2023 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.