Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 20, 2014 5:02 AM

May 2014
blfan said:
A great chapter, though I am disappointed we still have to wait to see what happens when Face activates. I except E.N.D. to be rearaken at the end of this part, so we a few chapters away from that.

Acnologia finally spoke and acknoleged Igneel as a worthy enemy, and called him dragon so it does remind he was a dragon slayer originally, so must be nostalgic for him.

Mard Guille destroying Natsu, this is what you get from hogging all the fights Natsu, if you let the others do more and not fight the subdonates, you would be in better condetion. Sting and Rogue show up, I thought they were down for the count. But I wanted to punch Natsu when he said teaming up was a great but refused anyway. You bonhead, the world is at stake here, forget you stupid pride. First Natsu and Gajeel earlier when they made that bet, and now this, is Wendy the only sensable dragon slayer?

So instead of team up we have a competion of beating up Mard Guille, well they mature to get a few hits, but it just made him mad, and now he is ready to get serious. They should be good, and Face is about to activate, I said it last chapter, I will say it again this time including Sting and Rogue. Natsu, Sting, and Rogue they are screwed if Face activates.

As for the next chapter, The Girl In The Crystal. I can't be Wendy could it? Could it be Mavis or Zeira? Something to do with LH? We will find out, I doubt it is Wendy.

Next chapter will mot likely see the fight continues, and other preparing to fight without any of them knowing that FACE will be ON any minute...

Lumen Histore will restore all magic OR will destroy thoses FACES in time...
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Oct 20, 2014 5:05 AM

Sep 2014
achnologia talked :0
natsu was getting owned until he got his ass saved by the twins
END come already......hoping end is natsu .....
*people die when they are killed* - emiya shirou.......
Oct 20, 2014 5:15 AM

Dec 2008
Thread fixed & cleaned
Holy jesus christ. You guys hate me don't you? What did I do to deserve any of this?! I'm just a forum mod who happens to read Fairy Tail :(

Please please please PLEASE make sure your quotes are not broken. Scazon & Darklight, did you not notice the amount of broken quotes? Kakoa later too. If you were doing it on purpose, it's not much appreciated given the workload it gave me fixing every single one of them. Also, if you're going to quote tower, put them in spoiler tags.

Next note: Do not talk about Fairy Tail Zero in here. Not everyone reads it, and spoilers would not be much appreciated for those who want to read it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a big fan of fighting scenes in manga since I prefer development and conversation. It feels less like wasted space. But this wasn't too bad. Natsu's final line was a bit cliche'd though. Let's get back to what happened once Face activates please. Even if it's Erza related chapters, I'm not fond of dragged out 20 chapter fight scenes. Exaggeration, but point given.

kakoa1234 said:

MARD GEER IS THE GIRL.... you will see.. His/her demon form will be so OP that only Erza and her 10000000 senses can beat him

This absolutely killed me.
*diesoflaughter*
sarroushOct 20, 2014 5:21 AM
Oct 20, 2014 5:26 AM

May 2014
sarroush said:
Thread fixed & cleaned
Holy jesus christ. You guys hate me don't you? What did I do to deserve any of this?! I'm just a forum mod who happens to read Fairy Tail :(

Please please please PLEASE make sure your quotes are not broken. Scazon & Darklight, did you not notice the amount of broken quotes? Kakoa later too. If you were doing it on purpose, it's not much appreciated given the workload it gave me fixing every single one of them. Also, if you're going to quote tower, put them in spoiler tags.

Next note: Do not talk about Fairy Tail Zero in here. Not everyone reads it, and spoilers would not be much appreciated for those who want to read it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a big fan of fighting scenes in manga since I prefer development and conversation. It feels less like wasted space. But this wasn't too bad. Natsu's final line was a bit cliche'd though. Let's get back to what happened once Face activates please. Even if it's Erza related chapters, I'm not fond of dragged out 20 chapter fight scenes. Exaggeration, but point given.

kakoa1234 said:

MARD GEER IS THE GIRL.... you will see.. His/her demon form will be so OP that only Erza and her 10000000 senses can beat him

This absolutely killed me.
*diesoflaughter*

Glad i could made you laugh :D Also did i do something wrong? if yes iam sorry i really dont know what i did ._.
Oct 20, 2014 5:34 AM

Dec 2013
Really liked this chapter. Seeing the 3 dragon slayers team up against Mard Geer was pretty cool and Acnologia actually spoke! Dat face at the end was terrifying. Definitely looking forward to next chapter.
Oct 20, 2014 6:52 AM

Aug 2013
Decent,with a proper fighting only thing that I particularly didn't like is the so call competition,I would prefer Natsu agreeing for them to help.

Anw I liked the fact that Acno spoke and the Mard's rape face.
Oct 20, 2014 6:59 AM

Dec 2008
kakoa1234 said:

Glad i could made you laugh :D Also did i do something wrong? if yes iam sorry i really dont know what i did ._.

Your quote tower/pyramid was broken so it looked as though you guys were just quote-chaining :P It's okay though. I fixed em :)
Oct 20, 2014 7:10 AM

Apr 2008
The_ClownPrince said:
Decent,with a proper fighting only thing that I particularly didn't like is the so call competition,I would prefer Natsu agreeing for them to help.

Well look at it this way. His dad entrusted him with a very vital mission. Not wanting to resort to anyone's help is not the worst thing. He just wants to live up to his dad's expectations
Oct 20, 2014 7:27 AM
Sep 2014
Since I have been reading this forum after every Fairy Tail chapter I read for a year, I guess it was only a matter of time before I joined.

HEYA, GUYS!

So we are 20 mins before Face activates? I'm just glad we're done with Erza (for now) and back to Natsu. The Twin Dragons still feel a bit like fodder to me after the GMG so I am never too excited to see them fight anymore but nice 3-way.

Even Igneel was surprised Acnologia spoke.

Wonder what happens next. Is it me or does Fairy Tail seem to have less content in its volumes? It used to take me maybe 3 minutes to read a chapter. Now It's down to 1 minute.
Oct 20, 2014 7:32 AM

Apr 2008
Aiyen said:
Since I have been reading this forum after every Fairy Tail chapter I read for a year, I guess it was only a matter of time before I joined.

HEYA, GUYS!

So we are 20 mins before Face activates? I'm just glad we're done with Erza (for now) and back to Natsu. The Twin Dragons still feel a bit like fodder to me after the GMG so I am never too excited to see them fight anymore but nice 3-way.

Even Igneel was surprised Acnologia spoke.

Wonder what happens next. Is it me or does Fairy Tail seem to have less content in its volumes? It used to take me maybe 3 minutes to read a chapter. Now It's down to 1 minute.

Mmmm not really. Page count is still the same
Oct 20, 2014 7:43 AM

Dec 2013
Woah I thought Acnologia was some op berserk dragon of destruction with no emotions.. and he spoke.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 20, 2014 7:45 AM

Apr 2014
Good fight scenes.
Acanologia can talk, didn't actually see that coming lol (well i prefer the one who doesn't talk and go on a rampage)..well he was a human before if i remember it correctly.
Oct 20, 2014 7:53 AM

Dec 2008
Aiyen said:

Technically, the more fight scenes, the less dialogue which would mean less reading time. This in turn would cut the amount of time it takes to read a chapter, unless you look at fight scene panels for quite a while. The Tartarus arc has been mostly fight related chapters so I do understand why you feel that way. However, the length of the chapters is still the same.
Oct 20, 2014 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
The_ClownPrince said:

Well look at it this way. His dad entrusted him with a very vital mission. Not wanting to resort to anyone's help is not the worst thing. He just wants to live up to his dad's expectations

Yeah I know that the whole sequence and competition thing throw me off.

You won't them to help for that reason,understandable but don't say let's make this a competition,just for him to accept the help,for me is something like 10 year old would do,understand what I mean?
Oct 20, 2014 10:54 AM

May 2014
Benphyre said:
Woah I thought Acnologia was some op berserk dragon of destruction with no emotions.. and he spoke.

well... The most powerfull beast ever has rational thoughts ? OP as hell. I DO HOPE ACNOLOGIA GETS DEFEATED BY FRIENDSHIP KISS POWER!

i would understand Zeref being defeated by friendship, cause natsu can change him.... zerefXnatsu
Oct 20, 2014 11:16 AM

Apr 2008
The_ClownPrince said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yeah I know that the whole sequence and competition thing throw me off.

You won't them to help for that reason,understandable but don't say let's make this a competition,just for him to accept the help,for me is something like 10 year old would do,understand what I mean?

Natsu's competitive streak isn't a secret though. All characters have their quirks in FT. Laxus the badass tough guy can't handle Mavis Crying for example.
Oct 20, 2014 11:22 AM

Mar 2009
OOOH Awesome. Acnologia is fired up ^_^

Also the next chapter title. Is this about Mavis body or her friend from Tenrou Island sealed in the gem that first members of FT went to look for?
Oct 20, 2014 12:03 PM
Jul 2013
Okay so.. A lot of characters are not appearing in a long time (like Juvia or Lucy) and the chapters look smaler by the second :<
I liked the part when Natsu and Igneel shouted at the same time and also when Natsu was hited by Mard Geer and Igneel was consurned about him :D
Oct 20, 2014 12:59 PM

Apr 2013
Natsu, Sting and Rogue fighting Mard together and Acnologia speaks just like the spoiler I read said I hope this will be like Dorma Anim whose name I forget to spell and had to look up vs the three dragon slayers. The next chapter title is quiet interesting.
Oct 20, 2014 1:01 PM
Apr 2012
Amazing chapter as usual from Hiro Mashima. Acnologia speaking was a hell of a shock though it makes sense when you think about it. He ain't letting Igneel live. Natsu, Sting and Rogue taking him on and they only bring out the anger. Oh shit! That last page with his rage face was beautiful. Twin dragons did well, expected really. 11/10 chapter
Oct 20, 2014 1:37 PM
Sep 2014
From Darklight:
Mmmm not really. Page count is still the same
sarroush said:

Technically, the more fight scenes, the less dialogue which would mean less reading time. This in turn would cut the amount of time it takes to read a chapter, unless you look at fight scene panels for quite a while. The Tartarus arc has been mostly fight related chapters so I do understand why you feel that way. However, the length of the chapters is still the same.

Yeah, I understand. That's why I made sure to say "content" instead of pages. :)

Mod Edit: quote fixed
sarroushOct 20, 2014 2:40 PM
Oct 20, 2014 2:06 PM

Feb 2012
Lol 3v1 and the Mard guy still ain't sweating.
Oct 20, 2014 2:08 PM
Apr 2014
One step closer to becoming human, eh?
Oct 20, 2014 5:45 PM

May 2008
That face THAT FACE. Dat face tho. Is a double dragon force with lightning flame dragon slayer magic coming? Also im expecting the release of face soon since its only 20 mins off, maybe in the middle of the battle hmm. Exciting stuff. Gray thou, still walking around by himself, need to see some of that devil slayer power. Oh and Metallica and Grandine need to pop out as well it would make my day HAHA.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 21, 2014 8:37 AM
Oct 2014
TheGrandSage23 said:
Finally a good chapter... Just goes to show how good this arc is when Erza isn't tainting it

Mard's a badass and Acno finally speaks

"Girl in the crystal"= Layla Heartfilia

But isn't Layla supposed to have died from illness?From what is shown so far, at least.
GarryRhodesOct 21, 2014 9:02 AM
Oct 21, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2013
Oh c'mon now how long do we have to wait to see what's going to happen now that face is activated? Oh well we got to see Acnologia talk which makes up for it.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Oct 22, 2014 12:52 AM

Jan 2010
Darklight0303 said:
kakoa1234 said:
Anyways, nice to see Acnologia opening is big danger mouth to talk xD Igneel you are so fuuuuuuuucked.

Mard in the last panel O.O Looked liked a psychopath.. I hope Laxus come and beat Mard´s Ass OR All dragons slayers comes to beat Mard ( Not Eric a.k.a Cobra) or Gray :)

Laxus needs to get healed first. Sadly Levy is hanging around Gajeel instead of taking the blood to Porly to make the cure. And fuck no Gray needs to stay out of this fight

Yup, Gray would be crushed immediately.
I had a feeling that this chapter went so fast and nothing significant happened in it. O.O"
Denerwować się to mścić się na własnym zdrowiu za głupotę innych.
Oct 22, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
Callisto said:
Darklight0303 said:

Laxus needs to get healed first. Sadly Levy is hanging around Gajeel instead of taking the blood to Porly to make the cure. And fuck no Gray needs to stay out of this fight

I had a feeling that this chapter went so fast and nothing significant happened in it. O.O"

Uh no, Gray would've put up a much better fight than any one of them through his DeS Powers.
Next time get your head out your ass and start thinking when posting.
Oct 22, 2014 2:22 PM

Apr 2008
MinkCross1 said:
Callisto said:

Uh no, Gray would've put up a much better fight than any one of them through his DeS Powers.

LOL on what basis. Cause he beat Tempesta? Big whoop. ALso slayers that have been slayers for years were not able to beat REAL dragons during the GMG. And yet you expect Gray who was handed his new powers minutes prior to beat the second in command of Tartaros. You're hilarious in your delusions
Oct 22, 2014 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
MinkCross1 said:

LOL on what basis. Cause he beat Tempesta? Big whoop. ALso slayers that have been slayers for years were not able to beat REAL dragons during the GMG. And yet you expect Gray who was handed his new powers minutes prior to beat the second in command of Tartaros. You're hilarious in your delusions

You're hilarious in your stupidity. when did I say Gray will defeat Marde? I said he will have a better chance of defeating him than the trio would individually.
There's a huge difference between demons and dragons, so stupid comparision there. Before spouting crap that I'm "deluded" how about you invest time in your reading comprehension skills, you lack it big time.
Oct 22, 2014 3:34 PM

Jan 2014
There's no point in speaking with Darklight, he's a hypocritical dolt.

OT-I have a huge gut feeling that Girl in the crystal is Seira.
Oct 22, 2014 3:35 PM
Dec 2013
Every chapter discussion thread: Darklight vs. Butthurt Grayfanboys

this is so funny
Oct 22, 2014 3:56 PM

Apr 2008
MinkCross1 said:
Darklight0303 said:

You're hilarious in your stupidity. when did I say Gray will defeat Marde? I said he will have a better chance of defeating him than the trio would individually.
There's a huge difference between demons and dragons, so stupid comparision there. Before spouting crap that I'm "deluded" how about you invest time in your reading comprehension skills, you lack it big time.

You compleeeetely missed my point. Being a slayer of a mythical being doesn't mean you guarantee have an easier time defeating it. ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN YOUR POWER IS ONLY MINUTES OLD.

It's like giving a sophisticated anti tank weapons that needs calculations and stuff to someone who just became a soldier like five minutes ago. He might hit the tank. But he might also make the missile bounce off of the plating somehow just as easily. Gray being a Slayer and defeating an ALREADY damaged demon and one that was also defeated in the past by LAXUS, does not prove jack shit about his power.
Darklight0303Oct 22, 2014 4:04 PM
Oct 22, 2014 4:38 PM

Jan 2014
ScazoN said:
Every chapter discussion thread: Darklight vs. Butthurt Grayfanboys

this is so funny

more like butthurt Natsu fans vs Grayfanboys. :)
Oct 22, 2014 4:40 PM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
MinkCross1 said:

You compleeeetely missed my point. Being a slayer of a mythical being doesn't mean you guarantee have an easier time defeating it. ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN YOUR POWER IS ONLY MINUTES OLD.

It's like giving a sophisticated anti tank weapons that needs calculations and stuff to someone who just became a soldier like five minutes ago. He might hit the tank. But he might also make the missile bounce off of the plating somehow just as easily. Gray being a Slayer and defeating an ALREADY damaged demon and one that was also defeated in the past by LAXUS, does not prove jack shit about his power.

Given how Gray has Silver's fresh MP along with his own, he has a lot better chance of fucking up Marde before any of those three DS cunts have to offer.

Gray was also damaged dipshit, he went through a whole trial with Silver.
Laxus is a powerhouse so it's only logical he would defeat Tempesta. It proves shit about his power because Gray oneshotted a guy who tanked Natsu's strongest attack, you fucking blind Natsutard.
Oct 22, 2014 5:04 PM

Apr 2008
valker said:
Darklight0303 said:

Given how Gray has Silver's fresh MP along with his own, he has a lot better chance of fucking up Marde before any of those three DS cunts have to offer.

Laxus is a powerhouse so it's only logical he would defeat Tempesta. It proves shit about his power because Gray oneshotted a guy who tanked Natsu's strongest attack, you fucking blind Natsutard.
Gray oneshotted a guy who didn't even know he was there. he had element of surprise and the demon wasn't even defending. But then retarded fanboys like you won't admit that. Your boytoy will lose as he was scripted to and when he does I will sip on your tears like they were tea~
Oct 22, 2014 5:11 PM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
valker said:

Gray oneshotted a guy who didn't even know he was there. he had element of surprise and the demon wasn't even defending. But then retarded fanboys like you won't admit that. Your boytoy will lose as he was scripted to and when he does I will sip on your tears like they were tea~

Gray oneshotted a guy who engaged him in battle and he even resorted to using his winds, there was no element of surprise because he simply couldn't react to Gray's long sword tech. It was Gray's speed feat and finisher that took him down.

It's retarded biased fucktards like you who can't even admit that much, and how about giving the character himself credit? but obviously you're too much of a biased little shit to do that much.

Lol "scripted too", what an idiot.
I'll enjoy your tears when Natsu gets roflstomped by Marde/END, and I'll laugh the way to kingdom-kom for that to transpire.
Oct 22, 2014 5:13 PM
Jun 2014
I guess Natsu winning over Jackal doesn't count at all, since Jackal was defeated by an element of surprise after all.
Oct 23, 2014 8:29 AM
Oct 2007
So glad Hiro decided to make the fight 3v1. If Natsu fought alone and won I would have called shenanigans... Although, I've been doing that for this series since day one lol
Oct 23, 2014 11:09 AM

Jun 2013
Mard's finally pissed.. Oh damn~
Oct 26, 2014 12:01 AM
Jun 2014
I am going to guess that the girl in the crystal is Mavis in the Lumen Histoire chamber and that her 'ghost' has been a projection all along (kind of like Jellal back when he was evil).

In terms of Gray (let us not get into a who is stronger/who you like and hate argument here) I am curious to see how his demon slayer abilities are classified. Because of its demonic origin does it count as a curse, making Gray immune to Face, or does it count as magic? If it does count as a curse because of the demonic element then we may see Mira retain her abilities since she mentioned that she has a literal demonic element in her body.

In terms of who is strong enough to do what in this series, I think everyone is letting their emotions get the better of them here. This series is not the most consistent with strength by a long shot. That is one reason why I like the dual dragon mode over dragon force. Dragon force really feels like a handy 'get out of plot hole free' card in how a character can become strong enough to beat one really powerful enemy but still have trouble with the next arc's mooks. On the plus side it does avoid the DBZ effect where power levels get so skewed that the resident Goku character becomes the only relevant character, when overused it feels very contrived. I prefer abilities that are more technical than focused on pure strength for these reasons, they allow for tricky battles with less need for power bloat when done right. Dual modes at least have a greater permanency and in Gajeel's case provide utility as well as raw power. Natsu's has the potential to offset his weakness to water based attacks through the inclusion of the thunder attribute as well, even though this scenario has not shown up yet.

All in all this arc has not been too bad (with a few exceptions) and has given us development on quite a few characters. While you may dislike Gray as a character you have to admit that giving him an ability that is designed to be useful against a certain type of enemy and leaving him on a bus after one minor battle does seem silly. Even if he loses or has to team up to take on the big bad it makes sense from a story standpoint to have him at least DO something.

However, since we are on a timer it would not shock me if Hiro used Face to postpone Marde Geer's defeat to a later fight and have Gray (if his Slayer ability counts as a curse) hold him off to allow our 3 dragon mages to get out of there (possibly with END's book to really piss off Marde) resulting in Gray doing something, Marde going absolutely nuts while still having Marde Geer, END and the mushroom demon Franmalth as potential threats even if Face can seal the 2 dragons along with everyone's magic.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Oct 26, 2014 1:05 AM

Oct 2013
furyir
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 20, 2015 8:19 PM

Nov 2014
Acnologia can TALK? Woah =P
GO STING AND ROGUE AND NATSU <3
Also, I hope Erza gets her senses back...
Aug 13, 2018 4:53 AM

Feb 2013
Yeah, Natsu doesn't want to fight together.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.