Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 7, 2009 9:35 AM

Sep 2009
Pro-tip: Don't expect an anime's S2 to be exactly like their first season and you won't be so direly disappointed.
Nov 7, 2009 10:10 AM

Aug 2009
Henshin? In DTB? I hate that
If anybody wants I can spoil
Nov 7, 2009 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
JonathanDC said:
Pro-tip: Don't expect an anime's S2 to be exactly like their first season and you won't be so direly disappointed.

I second that.
Nov 7, 2009 11:57 AM

Oct 2009
I love how July and Suou are doing everything exactly together at the same time.
Nov 7, 2009 12:41 PM
Jul 2008
Loving this!
Nov 7, 2009 12:54 PM
Jan 2009
JonathanDC said:

Even so, I got hooked on the first series for a specific reason, and the second just seems so...... different.
Nov 7, 2009 1:01 PM

Nov 2008

Nov 7, 2009 1:11 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode. A lot of good insight on Mao's part to help steer us in the right direction regarding Hei and Suou. That said, there were a lot of empty moments, and some that relied on my knowledge of the first season, which was a bit of a bad idea. But we'e getting closer to the real story, so that's good.
Nov 7, 2009 1:57 PM

Jul 2008
ImpurestClub said:
astronomical said:
It's was OK. I'm not a fan.
I guess I liked the first season too much.

I'm pretty much in the same camp. I'm not sure why, but I just can't get into this season as much as I did the first. I don't dislike this season, but something just feels off about it to me, like it's not quite DTB (if anyone knows what I mean).

Same. They spoiled us with amazing storytelling and character parallels. haha I've been rewatching series 1 for the ~memories. I have a feeling that we're going to get an amazing Crowning Moment of Awesome whenever Hei gets his powers back, though. (and he better get them back).

And that would pretty much be totally worth it for me. =D
Nov 7, 2009 2:38 PM

Nov 2008
Idzanami=Yin?
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Nov 7, 2009 2:41 PM

May 2008
Can't wait for Hei to give Suou sum love.
He didn't slap her this time.

Suou's hate will turn into love in the last eps.

There will probably be a scene in the end.. where somehow Hei will have to sacrefice himself for teh greater good...

But Suou will probably try to stop him with tears in her eyes: "Hei! Nooooo! I luv u man!"
Nov 7, 2009 2:58 PM

Feb 2009
Lol they ate weeds mixed with plain water and alcohol, poor people. xD

Anyway I can't wait to see what happened to Yin, although Izanami can be anything else for all we know. Probably a contractor though.
Nov 7, 2009 3:43 PM

Apr 2009
mephi said:
Hei clearly needs to give Suou cooking lessons, not contractor lessons...
Haha, that would be funny! ^^

I liked this episode, apart from that weird guy in love with Suou. That whole character is just too random. Anyway this ep had some nice character development and a set up for more action in the next. And here we go again, waiting another week...
Nov 7, 2009 5:44 PM

Feb 2009
Good to see Hei show a little humanity for once. Can't wait to see who or what Izanami is.
Nov 7, 2009 6:00 PM

Feb 2009
Syl said:
Good to see Hei show a little humanity for once.

At last,huh...there should be a reason behind his attitude,but it's nice to see him a bit more like his old self.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 7, 2009 7:47 PM

May 2007
Really wonder what the heck is Izanami anyway.
Also, whale? What?

Nov 7, 2009 9:02 PM
Jan 2009
I have a feeling that hei is still hiding alot.
Nov 7, 2009 11:37 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode, although with only 12 or 13 episodes planned for this season, I'm really wondering where the plot will go. I didn't like Suou at first, but with more development on her recently, I'm starting to like her.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 7, 2009 11:55 PM

May 2009
latumist said:
Henshin? In DTB? I hate that
If anybody wants I can spoil

lol,i dont think so
I`M A MURDERER
Nov 8, 2009 12:21 AM

Sep 2009
Hei_And_Ed_Lover said:

I think that Izanami is Yin as well, but not sure either... Although I'm sure that Hei WILL be shocked when he discovers who Izanami really is...

Have a feeling Yins izaname too, if she really is most probably hei wont be shocked, have a feeling he already knows abt it.
I Thought Hei took suou to help Yin (not saying "save" yin because i dont want to think anythiong bad happend to yin:(), but he was just following the corps orders for whom hei works for...and if you connect the phrase " i will kill that women"...Hei knows for sure where Yin is, or watever she transformed into...
I like Suou in this episode, but gotta say that the magical trnsformation is a little anoying... -_-'

A little? highly annoying..it reminds me of Pretear where they show the main girl transform a million times and the duration of it was highly long...

Syl said:
Good to see Hei show a little humanity for once.

vinesage said:
but Hei hit pretty hard last time cause she said it still hurt on her right cheek...poor girl :-(

God these sentences make Hei look so bad..from this episode itself you can understand why he did that, Hei has worked with other contractors before or has been around them, they usually dont feel pain or any sort of emotions, or basically thats how you train a newborn contractor, after being sure of suous paralled humanity+contractor self he didnt hit her, because now he knows it hurts, and thats how Hei is....i love Hei actually..*blush*

The entire Mao, suou, the blond kid ( me bad with names),Hei and want yin amongst them....seems like a complete family, i hope they end it like that, but for sure they wont beacause anime always makes me cry..or maybe i cry alot ..
Nov 8, 2009 12:50 AM

Oct 2009
NoyaChan said:
Also, whale? What?
It was a submarine. Btw I wonder how could she take down a submarine or how it's going to take place in her mission.
Nov 8, 2009 1:15 AM
Nov 2008
tomin said:
NoyaChan said:
Also, whale? What?
It was a submarine. Btw I wonder how could she take down a submarine or how it's going to take place in her mission.

maybe her ammunition goes through steel \(°_o)/
Nov 8, 2009 1:39 AM

Oct 2009
DESU_USED said:
tomin said:
NoyaChan said:
Also, whale? What?

maybe her ammunition goes through steel (°_o)/

I am not sure but submarine armor is not that thick is it? Maybe it has a weak point like its behind?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 8, 2009 1:50 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
DESU_USED said:
tomin said:
NoyaChan said:
Also, whale? What?

maybe her ammunition goes through steel (°_o)/

I am not sure but submarine armor is not that thick is it? Maybe it has a weak point like its behind?

No seriously, submarine armor's got to be pretty thick, since they can go to quite deep depths, were the pressure from the water would crush the whole shit if it isn't thick enough.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 8, 2009 3:50 AM

Oct 2008
metalsnakezero said:
I have a feeling that Izanami is Yin but we can't 100% sure of it as of now.
I would eat Suou soup if I had nothing to eat for days.
Hei is somewhat back to his eating habits.

When I saw them eating weeds, I thought to myself. *Why didn't they just eat the Crane she killed?" Tastes like chicken!

Great episode, I'm still in shock that there are only (Edit: Seven episodes left.) It seems like this series could have so many interesting plot developments that could easily make this series at least 24 episodes. But I'm just gonna continue crossing my fingers and hope that they start dealing with some of the major loose ends from the first season. I think this episode just opened that door. Things should really heat up next episode.

Oh and I'm of the opinion that Amber should remain dead, but she's probably the red star in the sky that was eluded to.
Orion1Nov 8, 2009 4:01 AM
Nov 8, 2009 3:55 AM

Aug 2008
Does anyone know if an SD version is out, if so I haven't had any luck finding it yet....
Nov 8, 2009 4:57 AM

Jul 2009
Orion1 said:
metalsnakezero said:

I would eat Suou soup if I had nothing to eat for days.
Hei is somewhat back to his eating habits.

When I saw them eating weeds, I thought to myself. *Why didn't they just eat the Crane she killed?" Tastes like chicken!

Exactly my thought =P
Why eat grass when you just kileld a huge chicken, way more nutrients in meat^^

Oh and I'm the only one who think Suou's power is quite pathetic?
It takes roughly 10 seconds for her to "summon" the gun, and that does not include the time it takes to mount it and aim.
She only gets 5 bullets then she must resummon the whole bloody thing again plus on top of that it needs maintenance... very inconvenient if you ask me.

Anyway good episode but I'm starting to miss some real action in the series, hopefully we'll see some in the next episode though.
Nov 8, 2009 5:04 AM

Aug 2009
As for how to take down the submarine or what exactly is izanami, i dun wana ponder so much abt it. time will slowly reveal. totally agreed with the guy above as in how this series will be warped up within only next 7 eps.
Linalee-Stratos said:

The entire Mao, suou, the blond kid ( me bad with names),Hei and want yin amongst them....seems like a complete family, i hope they end it like that, but for sure they wont beacause anime always makes me cry..or maybe i cry alot ..

dun forget our BK-201 addicted police officer, hei x her pairing is kinda superb. ( i'm bad with names; cannot recall her name. :(

EternalDreamer said:

Oh and I'm the only one who think Suou's power is quite pathetic?
It takes roughly 10 seconds for her to "summon" the gun, and that does not include the time it takes to mount it and aim.
She only gets 5 bullets then she must resummon the whole bloody thing again plus on top of that it needs maintenance... very inconvenient if you ask me.

Anyway good episode but I'm starting to miss some real action in the series, hopefully we'll see some in the next episode though.

Dun worry. During her summoning time, the guy/girl fighting her will be awestruck by her transformation and won't think of attacking her in that period.

Or, maybe her power is just for sniping and long-ranged assassinations?
ForsakenArcherNov 8, 2009 5:08 AM
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 8, 2009 5:44 AM

Jan 2009
Oh and btw, about those two stars (I'm too lazy to quote anything or stuff right now, so I assume that most people here know what I'm on about)
I've seen quite a few different scenarios about what/who those might be.. For example the red star being Amber, etc.

I don't think I've seen this version yet though..
Did it ever occur to anyone that those two stars might be the twin dolls? I mean dolls use different means of observation, like Yin with water, or July through glass, I don't think it's impossible that these twins use those two stars for the same reason. Or something like that, that's just a thought that hit me just a minute ago or so.. O.o
(Now I'll just wait to be proven wrong, as someone will most likely say something at least : >)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 8, 2009 7:22 AM
Aug 2009
Not a lot happening in this episode, lots and lots of talking >.> That contractor weapon seems so cheap ._.
Nov 8, 2009 8:17 AM

Oct 2008
Oosran said:
Did it ever occur to anyone that those two stars might be the twin dolls? I mean dolls use different means of observation, like Yin with water, or July through glass, I don't think it's impossible that these twins use those two stars for the same reason. Or something like that, that's just a thought that hit me just a minute ago or so.

It's very possible or the red and blue stars could be Shion and Suō too right? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

@EternalDreamer: As for Suō's powers, I completely agree with you they are pretty pathetic. I've been waiting for her to awaken something other than that anti tank gun. I thought maybe she'd be more like Hei and be able to manifest many different powers. I do think that Hei will get his powers back in episode six with what ever the machine he's messing around with in the back of that truck.
Nov 8, 2009 11:36 AM

Jan 2009
Orion1 said:
Oosran said:
Did it ever occur to anyone that those two stars might be the twin dolls? I mean dolls use different means of observation, like Yin with water, or July through glass, I don't think it's impossible that these twins use those two stars for the same reason. Or something like that, that's just a thought that hit me just a minute ago or so.

It's very possible or the red and blue stars could be Shion and Suō too right? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

That's also quite possible. Although in that case, I'm wondering whether the star representing Suou was there in the beginning, since it shouldn't be until she became a contractor.. I seriously can't remember if they showed those two stars before she became a contractor.
If they didn't, that would validate the possibility that those two stars are indeed Suou and Shion's. However if they did show those stars before those events, that would disqualify that possibility.

Oh and I would lol if they decide to come up with something original and ground-breaking like.. I dunno, but nothing that we could ever have thought of those stars as being xD
Nov 8, 2009 12:32 PM

Apr 2009
Seems like Hei is starting to come around, to Suou. Kirihara's face makes me wonder what Izanami could be.
Nov 8, 2009 2:01 PM

Nov 2008
Good episode but I still want Yin xP
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Nov 8, 2009 2:27 PM

Sep 2009
Oosran: There's actually a good chance that they might be the twins' stars. But don't dolls need to touch something of a similar material to what they observe through for them to use it as observation? Like July touches glass, Yin touches water. If the dolls were to observe through stars, they'd have to touch a star, no?

Unless by some break in DTB logic they only need to touch one another (like holding hands, perverts) to use those two stars. Could explain why they constantly know everything (like when Suou became a contractor) and are always together. I'd be surprised if that was actually it.

It needs to be friday faster. :L I wanna see the next episode.

And I'm also somewhat worried whether they're going to be able to pull the rest of this series off in seven more episodes. I can see this being easily 20 episodes. Twelve seems... sort of cramped for the amount of stuff they've crammed into these first five.
Nov 8, 2009 2:33 PM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Oh and btw, about those two stars (I'm too lazy to quote anything or stuff right now, so I assume that most people here know what I'm on about)
I've seen quite a few different scenarios about what/who those might be.. For example the red star being Amber, etc.

I don't think I've seen this version yet though..
Did it ever occur to anyone that those two stars might be the twin dolls? I mean dolls use different means of observation, like Yin with water, or July through glass, I don't think it's impossible that these twins use those two stars for the same reason. Or something like that, that's just a thought that hit me just a minute ago or so.. O.o
(Now I'll just wait to be proven wrong, as someone will most likely say something at least : >)

Very interesting way of thinking about it Oosran but I will think it would be more Suou/Hei stars because one looks like Hei's before it dissapeared and now it might be linked with Suou. The twins being Dolls? Not sure about that but it might be the case.

Nov 8, 2009 2:47 PM

Jun 2007
Yay a hint of the old Hei, asking for seconds! This season is very different than the first. But I do like it. I'd like it even more though if Hei returned to normal.

Nov 8, 2009 2:54 PM

Jul 2008
Guh, I hate cliffhangers. I really want the next episode >__<

BEGINNER
Nov 8, 2009 3:57 PM

Oct 2008
francismeunier said:
Very interesting way of thinking about it Oosran but I will think it would be more Suou/Hei stars because one looks like Hei's before it dissapeared and now it might be linked with Suou. The twins being Dolls? Not sure about that but it might be the case.

I think I've got it! The twin stars are actually Pai and Suō. Since Hei's sister Pai's power has to be present in order for Hells Gate to be activated for the original story arch to continue, it stands to reason that Izanami is actually Pai. This would also open the possibility of Hei getting his powers when he see's Pai and they merge again in the next episode. Is it Friday yet?
Nov 8, 2009 4:00 PM

Sep 2008
With only 7 episodes left I'm really starting to wonder what they'll actually accomplish. I love the series but doesn't it seem to be going at a slow pace for a 12 episode long season?
Nov 8, 2009 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:
rapi321 said:
personally, Darker Than Black is ruined, Bones what have you done?, I don't think John Burgmeier did the script in this season, because its clearly not the same as the last. Its more japanized now (if you know what I mean)

It's a Japanese anime for heaven's sake :/

you didn't get what i meant
Nov 8, 2009 6:29 PM

Jun 2008
I liked it and I hope that thing is Yin.
Nov 8, 2009 7:33 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Pretty good episode.

Nov 9, 2009 12:01 AM

Jan 2009
it was an alright episode, lol but seriously why is there a phone in like middle of nowhere... lol
Nov 9, 2009 12:48 AM

Apr 2008
klmnumbers said:
ImpurestClub said:
astronomical said:
It's was OK. I'm not a fan.
I guess I liked the first season too much.

I'm pretty much in the same camp. I'm not sure why, but I just can't get into this season as much as I did the first. I don't dislike this season, but something just feels off about it to me, like it's not quite DTB (if anyone knows what I mean).

Same. They spoiled us with amazing storytelling and character parallels. haha I've been rewatching series 1 for the ~memories. I have a feeling that we're going to get an amazing Crowning Moment of Awesome whenever Hei gets his powers back, though. (and he better get them back).

And that would pretty much be totally worth it for me. =D
I would be sooo happy if Hei got his powers back :o
I've re-watched S1 a few times too, sooo good and short enough to re-watch T.T
Nov 9, 2009 1:08 AM

Oct 2009
Orion1 said:
francismeunier said:

I think I've got it! The twin stars are actually Pai and Suō. Since Hei's sister Pai's power has to be present in order for Hells Gate to be activated for the original story arch to continue, it stands to reason that Izanami is actually Pai. This would also open the possibility of Hei getting his powers when he see's Pai and they merge again in the next episode. Is it Friday yet?

That is a excellent theory but it stands to be seen. I never though of it that way and it's even logical. I really can't wait to see what happens if this happens.

Nov 9, 2009 4:39 AM
Jun 2009
Novaangle18 said:
With only 7 episodes left I'm really starting to wonder what they'll actually accomplish. I love the series but doesn't it seem to be going at a slow pace for a 12 episode long season?

That's how I feel too.

The pacing is really slow and especially slow on this episode. Makes me wonder, is this season going to be only 12 episodes? Was 12 episodes just speculation or was that officially announced? Here's hoping for ~25 episodes! >_<

They really need to stop doing the transformation phase for Suou, only turnoff for me in this season so far. =(
Nov 9, 2009 11:18 AM

Feb 2009
Nice episode, but the story is still a bit confusing. Maybe its because Sou is the confused one, through her ability to have humane thoughts, I love her as a contractor. Im really enjoying watching her characters. It was brilliant to see Hei in action in the building with that cross dresser's wife, man that was a good entrance by her. Next week looks like its another dilemma with Sou. Nice XD
Nov 9, 2009 2:06 PM
Nov 2008
Well i love it as much as season 1.But 12 episodes seems very little,hope there will be at least another 12 episodes.
Nov 9, 2009 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
Maybe a season 3?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.