Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 7, 2010 1:00 PM

Oct 2009
Only things I noticed in Bluray version is minor details being slightly better like this here, which is the water Nori's mother controls as a contractor=>

Other than that trucks details and things like that......overall it's still a amazing re-watch but I just wished they put extra details like the bird being killed by Suou.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jun 5, 2010 1:35 AM

Sep 2009
Woah...Hei actually ate. He still has a ways to go before he eats as much as he did in the first season.
Jun 20, 2010 9:06 AM

Feb 2010
Nice episode, funny how Suou goes so far as to bring out her rifle to kill a cockroach XD (although its mentioned that Tanya had used cockroaches to kill Nika)
Nov 24, 2010 9:25 PM

Oct 2008
Wow.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 24, 2011 3:17 PM

Aug 2010
OST is great, the story...hmmm, new characters...hmmm
May 9, 2011 8:55 AM

Feb 2009
Nice pacing. A water-based contractor, nice we hadn't seen one yet and the fight was sweet.

Mao is so freaking cute! Those big eyes kill me!
Nov 3, 2011 8:47 PM

May 2010
Gin-iro said:
Wonton said:
lol but seriously why is there a phone in like middle of nowhere... lol

Hahahaha, that phone stood out to me as well. xD

I'm gonna go with the theory that Izanami is either Yin or Xing (Pai)...

Yeah I don't understand tha either
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 18, 2011 9:01 PM

Jul 2010
please dont slap me.....on the right side, its still hurts, atleast slap me on the left so its balanced

contractors can joke i see.

Aug 22, 2012 8:38 PM

Nov 2009
I don't think Suou is a contractor, I think she might be similar to Hei somehow, I mean she has a renumeration which he doesn't have but it seems she has still kept her emotions for the most part.
Sep 7, 2012 6:04 AM

Dec 2010
Enjoyable episode, as usual for this season of DTB. It was great to see Suou's character getting developed. And Hei is on Yin(Izanami)'s traces. I just can't see what's going to happen next.
Jan 14, 2013 7:11 AM

Jan 2012
Izanami is probably just a code name for Yin. Would really like to see her back with the team.

Mar 30, 2013 9:16 AM

May 2012
Really great episode, nice development and well that would be Yin in there right? I do hope we'll see Yin again! Lets see what happens next! The epilogue was pretty cute :3
Jun 10, 2013 3:27 PM

Jun 2012
cool episode bad to see Hei still don't have his powers but he still can put up a good fight but he is a bit rough on Suou.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 8, 2013 1:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hei is still badass even without his powers :) and ugh, I can't get over how adorable July is. I love how he eats the weeds in the background while both Hei and Suou felt that it was gross. And I'm surprised that guy still likes Suou even after almost being shot by her. I guess it's because his mother is a contractor too so he was only initially shocked.
Aug 3, 2013 11:57 PM

Sep 2011
Dat cockroach.
Sep 30, 2013 5:38 AM

Nov 2011
It kind of sucks that he lost his powers but the fact that he can still put up a fight is really awesome XD.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 3, 2013 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
OriginANIME said:
Dat cockroach.
:)) was big eh?

And the action is back yeeey.
Nov 4, 2013 12:13 AM

Jan 2012
You know, I always hear good things about Darker than Black... but the miraculous second season that many many many anime Never get is always talked about negatively and is given a lot of flack. When I watched the first episode, I was kinda wondering about that. That first episode worked for me. ... By now, I've figured it out. Let's see... it goes from a Dark Psychological thriller mystery.. to I swear just another high school anime. What has become of Hei... Undoubtedly one of the coolest anime characters out there in the first season? He goes from cool spy syndicate assassin, aka Chinese electric batman, to ... a homeless drunk criminal that kidnaps and sexually harasses minors while beating them to get what he wants.. and hei lost his freakin' super powers... *cringe* Yeah, they ruined him. This is going to be a long 7 episodes. All the other characters that you liked are dead... They for no reason turned Mao into an annoying comic relief character...(He was already.. but not to this existent. I guess that they did it in a more serious mature way before... now I see freakin' Juli from Brother's Conflict when he is on scene... which makes it worse.) AND instead of focusing on the adult characters because this was an adult anime... They freakin' make main character a red headed teenaged girl with a magical girl transformation sequence.. F*ck.. Ok, do you guy see how there is sometimes wisdom in NOT making a squeal? You know what all this adds up to? All the things that made the first season distinct and a great anime have been lost making this just another generic anime. I swear that I have seen this anime 50 times already.. and I'm not done watching. I'll retract everything I have said today if some how they manage to redeem themselves by the end of the season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2014 5:26 AM

Jul 2013
When the hell would Misaki and Hei meet? damn its getting really frustrating
Jul 7, 2014 3:46 AM

Oct 2013
good ep
[/quote]
Aug 30, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
I would of shot the cockroach too.
My Candies:
Sep 8, 2014 10:48 AM

Jul 2014
I think Hei lost his powers, he hasn't used them in any of the previous episodes for some reason.
Nov 7, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
Ok, 5 episodes passed, and I don't see anything that makes this series bad. Why it is hayed so much, because is different than 1st season?
Different =/= bad.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 21, 2015 8:28 AM

Aug 2013
Would have been nice to see Hei with his ability again.. but still awesome.
Jul 16, 2015 9:06 AM

May 2015
not a whale
Aug 13, 2015 1:45 PM

Jul 2014
EternalDreamer said:
Orion1 said:

When I saw them eating weeds, I thought to myself. *Why didn't they just eat the Crane she killed?" Tastes like chicken!

Exactly my thought =P
Why eat grass when you just kileld a huge chicken, way more nutrients in meat^^

Oh and I'm the only one who think Suou's power is quite pathetic?
It takes roughly 10 seconds for her to "summon" the gun, and that does not include the time it takes to mount it and aim.
She only gets 5 bullets then she must resummon the whole bloody thing again plus on top of that it needs maintenance... very inconvenient if you ask me.

Anyway good episode but I'm starting to miss some real action in the series, hopefully we'll see some in the next episode though.

You guys saw what that gun did to a concrete wall right? Imagine that hitting a frail skinny bird. There is nothing of that bird left to eat lol.
Dec 1, 2015 10:46 AM
May 2012
Hei finally ate something.....Our Li-kun is slowly coming back!!
And that's not a whale, Suou. The flashback at the end was so cute, though.
Well, time to sleep.
Mar 5, 2016 6:39 PM

Aug 2014
Why is Norio in love with Suou? Dude's a fucking weirdo...

Hei is fucked up for making the kids sleep in the bathtub xD.
Apr 8, 2016 12:47 AM

Jun 2015
I knew those trucks were a trap
What's gonna happen!?
May 31, 2016 4:25 AM

Jul 2008
What a shock, the mom is mentioned to be a contractor and magically she shows up.

Deathflags raised for that family.
Jul 6, 2016 4:53 PM

Nov 2015

So, the mother of that random kid appears, and she's a contractor too. What a reunion.
I thought that the more time you were a contractor you became used to the lack of emotions and interest and ended up adapting to it, like November 11 or April, they were both contractors and they did not seem to lack emotions or even interests, not even Amber.
Anyway, that random guy that is following Suou... I want him AWAY from her. Come on! She's just a little girl! fuck off!

This second season fills me with emotions. Hei, what is happening to you? In the first season he always had that dark look on him but now he's dead...
Suou as a contractor seems to be a peculiar case, not even Hei or Mao know what's up with her.

Anyway, I chuckled a little....
Suou sees a cockroach. Suou hates cockroaches. Suou attempts to erase cockroach from existence with a anti-tank sniper rifle.

rsc-pl said:
Ok, 5 episodes passed, and I don't see anything that makes this series bad. Why it is hayed so much, because is different than 1st season?
Different =/= bad.

I'm loving this season, but I can think of some reasons:
  • It's not directly linked to the end of the first season and has a huge unsolved cliffhanger.
  • Hei is a drunk ashole than breaks the image of they Hei we loved in season 1 (I understand he had to be passing through a lot to be like he is now...)
  • Hei is not the "Main MC" but Suou. Hei is secondary in this story, he even has a secondary play in the OP.
  • It's different, and some people don't like things different. Change is hard, but in this case I find it beautiful. I feel like this is another stage of Hei's life, it's amazing no matter how bad it seems to be. Life is in constant change. Also, Hei is no the center of the universe and now he's training his own loli contractor, what better way to bring back the old Li-kun?
  • It gives an air of end for Hei.
HumbertoZeroJul 6, 2016 5:08 PM
Jul 17, 2017 5:01 PM

May 2010
I liked how the bar owner talked about his contractor-wife and then she appeared right after that >D
Jun 20, 2019 12:37 AM

Sep 2012
she took out her big gun just for a bug 😂😂😂
Jan 2, 2021 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
This was.... an episode. Nothing more really to say on that other than the fact that a show with an interesting setting and powers still after 30 episodes continues to feel so flat and uninspired, especially in this second season when there is finally a story with some time and investment but still feels so unneeded and uninteresting.
Jan 4, 2021 3:28 PM
Apr 2016
Can someone kill that pedo already? Suou is 14 at best, what the fuck is wrong with him?
Apr 11, 2021 3:57 AM

May 2020
Suou shoots the bird, giving into her contractor side.

It's interesting to watch Hei's fights now, considering how, in S1, he would've killed all of those contractors within seconds of the fight.
Jul 10, 2021 3:22 AM

Jan 2020
Ha it seems Misaki has really fallen in love with Hei
Aug 21, 2021 8:03 AM

Mar 2019
Hei and Suou's bond growing more and more, also lmao July. That no gender guy looks like a character from Gintama, Idk why.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 23, 2021 10:45 PM

Jan 2021
the interaction between Hei and yin after 2 years is gonna be interesting. also i still dont exactly get how Hei lost is powers yet but i hope he gets them back.

"Many people die with their music still in them. Too often it is because
they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out."

Dec 5, 2021 9:13 PM

Aug 2018
It feels like Hei is walking into a trap.... I wonder what is inside that truck....

Mar 3, 2023 7:42 PM

Dec 2022
It's a shame Hei lost his powers. His ability wasn't particularly overpowered to begin with, and now he loses it too? Way to handicap him in a universe where nearly everyone seems to have some godly power.
Is the dreadlock guy relevant to anything or just the comic relief for this season?

Shaded Horizon

Mar 28, 2023 12:17 AM
Jul 2021
This season is complete garbage! It seems that it was made by & for imbeciles. The "jokes/gags" are flat at best, at worst moronic.

The ped0 "romance thing" between that tranny son and the Pav something chick is cringe af. The ped0 comments made by that other contractor dude, the one that can wrap himself inside concrete/metal is also cringe af, the girl is 12/14! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! UNNECESSARY, UNCALLED for and CERTAINLY NOT FUNNY!

The entire "cockroach gag" thing, was that suppose to be funny? To try to convey some type of message? Maybe to tell us that the Pav girl is still human? Either way it felt stupid, flat, not funny and unnecessary, pure cringe fest.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.