Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Oct 21, 2014 1:49 AM

Sep 2014
Not sure why people complain about the last arc. I thought the whole idea of Kirito still being depressed about him killing in SAO was rather good. These actions haunted him with Death Gun. Then he finally realizes that even though killing is bad his actions saved others. When he overcame his past of SAO this happened to save another life which would be Shino.
Oct 21, 2014 3:47 AM

May 2009
Shangetsu said:

The remaining member of death gun is being searched for by the police. Also the GGO arc is relevant to the main story and isn't just a random arc that will hold no repercussion on the story.

I think the arc took too long for just thát amount of story (if you understand what I mean). They could've done that a lot faster and easier. And I also think it's pretty lame that we don't see anything about what happens to Sterben. Sure the police is searching for him, but I think it's kind of lame we don't see anything about that police searching at all. Suddenly the story goes from GGO to ALO. I think that speed/tempo is too fast as well, but that might just be me.

Also even if GGO didn't have any repercussion on the story, would it be that weird? In the great majority of animes/mangas/novels you have arcs that are dedicated to introduce a new character and those rarely matter outside of introducing said character. It's a practice that is done and redone dozen of time every season so I don't see the point of whining about it now, except if you're desperate in trying to find something to whine about.

I think it's a bit rude to conclude that I'm trying to find something to whine about, because that's not true at all? I'm giving my real opinion here. As I said before: I think this arc took too long to just introduce this character. I thought I was watching a story about Sterben and Kirito trying to stop him. I thought it was the actualy plot, but apparantly that was just a reason to introduce a new character and to introduce the fact that there are still members of that club (forgot the name though). Along the way he met a new character, well that's fine and all. Her background was nice too (considering all other characters don't have many background at all). But if you look at the first season I find it weird that it took so long to introduce Sinon comparing to other characters.

And basically: I think they shouldn't do that in any anime. An arc is fine, but taking 14 episode to just introduce one character is a no-go for me.

Says the girl who hasn't done one correct assertion in her entire post. Obviously you can't evaluate the quality of something you don't even properly understand.

Still I have to agree with you for different reasons. I wouldn't consider SAO's anime a good anime. It got great production values but the adaptation is pretty terrible. The novel is written so that each character is well defined with a clear personality but the anime make every girls seem like a badge of honor attached to Kirito's coat. Most character development is omitted because they got the idea of removing inner dialogues (which are roughly half a volume every volume if not more).

I am sorry for not getting the story at all after 15 episodes. I guess it's logic that éveryone gets all animes they watch(ed). I actually understood (almost) everything, until the sudden switch from GGO to ALO. I was just irritated by the new episode as I don't like ALO, but that's a personal matter.
I didn't base the "I don't think SAO is a good anime" on just the things I said in my post. I actually agree on your reasons and some other reasons I have.

I can agree with you on that, still fanservice sell so well that you can't really blame animators to put it in their shows, even if it hasn't it's place. Why? Because while we're freeloaders that watch anime on the internet for free, the ones that actually pay for the show are in great part desperate otaku that need something to fap to.
Cringe your teeth and endure it.

I agree that brings loads of money, but series like FMA(B) don't have a lot of fanservice and are still popular. But I still agree with you. It's hard to find a series that's actually fanservice free and really good these days.

They will be doing this quest for 3 episodes then it'll move into one of the most interesting arc in the entire franchise.

Thanks you for your reactions on my comments. I understand SAO2 somewhat better now. I will be curious about the next arc.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 21, 2014 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
Cirris said:
You know, I'm really starting to ship Lizbeth x Klein they seem like they'd make a good pair. Age difference aside. They seem like they'd make a good the second best pairing to Asuna x Kirito. The girls with no shot for Kirito's affection need love too. It gets tiring watching harems where girls swoon over just one guy and don't move on.

In harem pairing?
I remind you both of them are part of his harem
Oct 21, 2014 7:59 AM

Jul 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
BotatoPriest said:
Considering people don't have tails in real life, yes of course it will feel weird...

That is in fact the very same reason the LN gives.

Feels weird..
Wait
I am reading that (I skipped caliber for alicization rape train)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Weird
I can´t but imagine is that weird ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 21, 2014 11:40 AM

Oct 2013
Nooooooooooo! We're back to ALO again...I mean,I get that Sinon's arc is over but the Death Gun threat is pretty much over but simply having Kirito & Sinon continue playing GGO would've probably be more fun to watch,since GGO IS the more exciting game.

But I know that's mainly a preference and some people might prefer ALO instead. I also realize that sticking with GGO for this 2nd cour probably wouldn't have benefit the overall story. Still,the GGO world could've been given more exposure - it barely got any compared to SAO/ALO.

Oh well,I don't think it'll be as bad as the ALO arc in S1 but still less entertaining than GGO,because it's an overall less interesting or better said,exciting game world.
Oct 21, 2014 12:02 PM

Oct 2013
Nisx said:
I like the new opening but the first 1 was much better,
quest to the fake excalibur, some weird monsters, queen npc,
Naked Asuna and kitty Sinon - ummmmm ok :P

why Shinichi (Rekon) not showing anymore even on ALO :(

He's not cool enough (like Klein) to become part of Kirito's harem.

Also, he sacrificed himself with dark magic so he lost too many stat points to raid with the cool kids.
Oct 21, 2014 12:28 PM

Jan 2014
I hope this arc will be at least as good as the GGO arc.
I like the premise. I don't like the OP and ED, though.
Oct 21, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2007
y123y said:
I havent read the LN.

My main concern is now how does playing the games interact with real life situation?

For example,

The first half of season 1 was about surviving and completing the game so you can survive in real life.

The second half of season 1 was about rescuing Asuna so she can finally wake up in the real world.

The first half of season 2 was to find out if and how Death Gun is killing people from the gaming world into the real world.

Im really worried that from now on, SAO is about just them playing video games and being very dramatic about a game with no impact in the real world.

The episode has quite clearly thrown foreshadowing into your face that stuff is going on beyond simply "Playing a game" there.
Oct 21, 2014 2:54 PM

Dec 2009
The world of ALO again, which is really nice cause they are actually questing like normal MMORPGs. For the holy sword Excaliber no less, but no action and leaving with that cliffhanger common!

And the Sinon tail grab, so kawaii :3
Oct 21, 2014 2:55 PM

Feb 2014
ALO just isn't interesting to me :/

"Everything you see on the internet isn't true." -Abraham Lincoln
Oct 21, 2014 6:43 PM

Jan 2010
LiSa. Ending song was better than OP. Excalibur? Is it the same excalibur as what kirito had summoned back then when he was granted gm access by heathcliff?
Oct 21, 2014 7:03 PM

Mar 2012
Does anyone know the name of the song played when they entered the snowy/icy field?
Oct 21, 2014 8:08 PM

Jun 2012
Love that new OP, this looks interesting so far.
Oct 21, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2011
I must say, this new OP is very lovely.
Oct 21, 2014 11:57 PM
Dec 2009
I think this would've gone over better as a movie. But I'mma watch it either way >.<
Oct 22, 2014 9:56 AM

Oct 2014
Yay ^.^ the good ol' SAO is back! Totally love the MMO-feel. Can't wait for the next episodes when the real fight begins! :o
However... Excalibur? Isn't that too mainstream? xD Oh well.
Oct 22, 2014 10:16 AM

Jul 2007
FluffLynn said:

However... Excalibur? Isn't that too mainstream? xD Oh well.

Excalibur in mythology is a sword created by fairies. The game focuses on fairies.

ow the fuck is that "too mainstreaM"?
Oct 22, 2014 3:20 PM

Aug 2011
Love the new OP, its very stylish with fancy effects.

Since I hated ALO the first time, I wasn't keen on the idea of returning again but this quest to get Excalibur has interested me a lot.
Oct 22, 2014 7:47 PM

Jan 2011
this is one of the worst episodes ever.
only fanservice, boobs, ass..
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Oct 23, 2014 3:34 AM

Jun 2013
CookingPriest said:
So far decent adaptation. Jotunheim got "retconed in" as if it happened via short flashback, but it is still sad A1 skipped it last season in Fairy Dance, as this arc would hold more weight.

Damn, that sounds familiar
*cough*LaughingCoffinArc*cough*
Oct 23, 2014 3:37 AM

Jul 2007
Quirkiness101 said:
CookingPriest said:
So far decent adaptation. Jotunheim got "retconed in" as if it happened via short flashback, but it is still sad A1 skipped it last season in Fairy Dance, as this arc would hold more weight.

This makes sure for me that we will get a remake of S1 somewhere along the way(especially since the arc that would be S3 and S4 is not even finished yet), where everything is covered as it should.
Oct 23, 2014 3:44 AM

Jun 2013
This episode reminded me more of Log Horizon than of traditional SAO (which as a fan of Log Horizon is A-OK)

Oh and the flashback in the beginning actually sounded more like a dream than anything

"So, we got eaten by a giant worm, and then ended up in a snowy place where a giant four armed man was trying to beat up an elephant jellyfish creature. My sister said 'we gotta save the poor guy' and so we did, and then he became our friend and flew us up and showed us Excalibur hanging in a ice block from the sky."

Shrooms, dreaming, or gtfo!
Oct 23, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2014
Quirkiness101 said:
This episode reminded me more of Log Horizon than of traditional SAO (which as a fan of Log Horizon is A-OK)

Oh and the flashback in the beginning actually sounded more like a dream than anything

"So, we got eaten by a giant worm, and then ended up in a snowy place where a giant four armed man was trying to beat up an elephant jellyfish creature. My sister said 'we gotta save the poor guy' and so we did, and then he became our friend and flew us up and showed us Excalibur hanging in a ice block from the sky."

Shrooms, dreaming, or gtfo!

Weed!
Oct 23, 2014 5:27 PM

Oct 2013
Quirkiness101 said:
CookingPriest said:

There is no Laughing Coffin arc. The flashback re Laughing Coffin is actually legitimately part of the GGO arc. It's not referring to any other story.
Oct 23, 2014 10:11 PM

Jun 2013
Rinth said:
Quirkiness101 said:

There is no Laughing Coffin arc. The flashback re Laughing Coffin is actually legitimately part of the GGO arc. It's not referring to any other story.

Oh
That's just poor writing then. How the hell are you supposed to take the emotional impact of LC in GGO seriously if they were never emotionally important in SAO. I'm unimpressed, author :P
Oct 24, 2014 1:32 AM

Jul 2012
YES!!!!! Finally we're back to what I love about this anime! This is exactly what I wanted this season to be like since the first season ended and it's finally here it feels like the second season of this just started for me! Well, the first episode of this season was pretty good I think but other than that I've been pretty disappointed. It felt like almost everything I liked about this anime was missing from the second season. The focus was pretty much only on Sinon and I don't really like her very much and they barely ever showed the other characters from the first season that I do like and I missed them. The scenery was all drab and boring in GGO which is understandable but I still don't like it. I thought I would like the GGO arc because I like games like that also but I really didn't like the GGO arc and I'm glad we're back to ALO.

Some of the reasons why this episode is awesome to me:

+ Back to ALO. I like ALO way more than GGO, it's way more of a fun and interesting game with the quests and stuff and it looks WAY more beautiful.

+ Everyone's back! It sucked how the second season gets here but everyone from the first season has barely been shown so far. I care about them I think they're awesome and I want them to be in the episodes.

+ An in-game quest as the plot rather than IRL drama. I prefer the in-game quest I think they're fun and interesting.

+ Asuna bath scene! Lol I didn't even read the comments before mine but I think it's pretty likely that part was complained about a lot in this thread, but I love Asuna, so I loved that part. Actually I could've put Asuna here even if that part wasn't in the episode because she was in the episode relatively a lot compared to the other episodes of this season.

+ The new OP and ED this episode are both awesome. I thought both the OP and ED from the first part of this second season were the worst of the series so far. Now these new ones are back on the same level as the first season's I think. I think the videos for the new OP and ED might be the best out of all the OPs and EDs of the series so far.

So we're back to the awesome game ALO and about to play a quest that looks like it might be fun with Asuna and everyone! I think I'm back to loving this anime about as much as I did during the first season!

This is probably the longest comment I've posted on a single episode before. I was in a hurry when I first watched this episode and didn't write about it then because I thought I'd write a lot and I was right. I forgot about it for almost a week, if I didn't like this episode very much I wouldn't've bothered but I like this episode so much that I wanted to write about it somewhere, even if nobody else reads it.
therandomestguyOct 24, 2014 1:36 AM
Oct 24, 2014 1:39 AM

Jul 2007
Quirkiness101 said:
Rinth said:

Oh
That's just poor writing then. How the hell are you supposed to take the emotional impact of LC in GGO seriously if they were never emotionally important in SAO. I'm unimpressed, author :P

There IS more LC material in SAO and they are VERY important. Just not that particular raid.
Oct 24, 2014 2:00 AM
Feb 2014
CookingPriest said:
Quirkiness101 said:

Oh

There IS more LC material in SAO and they are VERY important. Just not that particular raid.

Not 100% right ;-) It was actually mentioned in Vol 1 but the big explanation about it was only in the GGO arc.

Oct 24, 2014 3:10 AM

Jul 2007
Caleb8980 said:
CookingPriest said:

Not 100% right ;-) It was actually mentioned in Vol 1 but the big explanation about it was only in the GGO arc.

Yeah this as well as sidestory, both being poorly adapted and without proper hype in the S1 of anime.

Progressive most likely will go way more in depth into LC though.

When I read the LNs, LC felt like this HUGE threat in the shadows that has ties and spies everywhere, with members being near the level of obsession of religious fanatics.

SAO1 just rushed through that build up. Hopefully when we get SAO1 Remake/SAO Progressive Adaptation, that will be fixed.
Oct 24, 2014 4:25 AM

Jan 2011
ALO stuff is more fun than GGO anyway.
Oct 25, 2014 7:41 AM
Jan 2014
Empty blabbing again =.=
Also, the time went really fast forward.
Oct 25, 2014 8:21 AM

Sep 2011
I guess I'm one of the few who like this setting more than GGO. It was nice seeing everyone together again.
Oct 25, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2010
The new OP is plain awesomeness.

Klein not wanting to perform magic skills was annoying. Magic is life.

Nice ED.
Oct 25, 2014 9:06 AM

May 2012
Sinon looks so cute in her new avatar
Oct 25, 2014 11:41 PM
Oct 26, 2014 12:11 AM
Sep 2009
Well, this episode was just horrible.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Oct 26, 2014 7:29 AM

Dec 2013
I can't believe I that I am saying that I like anything about SAO, but damn I miss GGO already it was a very very good arc imo. Loved guns, atmosphere. :(
Oct 26, 2014 7:49 AM

Feb 2014
I thought this episode was rather good, and I'm quite glad to be back in the fantasy setting again. I was rather irked by that scene where Kirito grabbed Sinon's tail though. What happened to Asuna? And yay for him, his harem just increased again.
Oct 27, 2014 5:56 AM

Jan 2013
robis798 said:
I can't believe I that I am saying that I like anything about SAO, but damn I miss GGO already it was a very very good arc imo. Loved guns, atmosphere. :(

Completely agree. GGO was a much cooler setting than ALO. Also the GGO arc had a great story. Maybe I am biased because ALO in the first SAO was lame.
Oct 27, 2014 6:35 AM

Jan 2014
affirming_flame said:
robis798 said:

Completely agree. GGO was a much cooler setting than ALO. Also the GGO arc had a great story. Maybe I am biased because ALO in the first SAO was lame.
Its inevitable...The best part of the idea of "Virtual Reality" is that,i love swords and bows,you like guns...There is nothing like a "best setting for everyone"
Oct 27, 2014 7:32 AM
May 2014
Meh episode.
Oct 31, 2014 4:40 PM

Dec 2012
Enter Harem Art Online. It has me intrigued so far but disappointed to see Sinon become just another number (although that's all too expected). I'm a sucker for winter settings though and it matches with the temperature falling here recently and all huddled in my mink blanket.
Nov 1, 2014 9:18 AM
Jul 2013
Wow :D
That ending was beautifull ^^
Nov 2, 2014 12:31 AM

Aug 2013
Just like the first season the first part is ok but the second part is complete garbage. I honestly don't understand why they feel the need to make it longer they shouldda just ended it after gun gal.
Nov 2, 2014 6:02 PM

Feb 2013
Neko-sniper Sinon's gonna save the 2nd half of this anime...
Nov 4, 2014 10:39 PM

Nov 2013
Wow that was boring. Almost fell asleep from the amount of talking. Only thing that kept me awake was the bath scene and that Sinon ass shot. Hope this isn't gonna be the whole arc in a nutshell. This anime better improve when Kirito returns to SAO.

2.5/5

robis798 said:
Eh. It was okay.

cronosteso23 said:
this is one of the worst episodes ever.
only fanservice, boobs, ass..
But that's what made this episode slightly bearable!
TyrelNov 4, 2014 11:24 PM

Nov 5, 2014 5:06 PM

Sep 2011
Guys. I don't know so much about sao novels so i need to know. This is "mother's rosario arc? Is it filler? Another arc? Lot of people say that rosario arc is the best of SAO novels so i was expecting that.
Nov 5, 2014 5:09 PM
Apr 2014
Rannta said:
Guys. I don't know so much about sao novels so i need to know. This is "mother's rosario arc? Is it filler? Another arc? Lot of people say that rosario arc is the best of SAO novels so i was expecting that.

Its Caliber, its not filler, its part of the story.

MR starts this saturday and yea, everyone agrees its best or 2nd best arc, depends on the taste.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 8, 2014 1:50 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, this wasn't good one. It felt bit weird and forced to suddenly do some random quest just for fun.
And I don't like their look in Alfheim, it's terrible world. Also, it's just me but is Kirito overlooking Asuna putting more love towards his sister and Sinon? It really doesn't look like those two are dating each other.

And as for the quest itself - in game design, it is always the bad choice to have NPC that tells you everying for the background of current quest cause at the time of the quest start players have no means of knowing what such NPC is talking about. It's always better to tell just necessary words and then throw players into action. And as a result this lengthy explanation was very boring to watch.

I really hope this is just two-ep quest as it isn't entertaining at all so far.
Nov 9, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah dropping SAO 2 it was fun Asada-san.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.