Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 18, 2014 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Titta, you silly...

I thought the fight was fast but also intense as well. Protip: Don't fuck with Ellen when she is serious. Oh the rage moments were amusing this episode as well but overall had decent action imo. Tigre's aiming was fucking perfect.
Oct 18, 2014 5:58 AM

Mar 2013
Disappointed they didn't show the battle better and it took 2 shots to take down the dragon but other than that it was ok.

Oct 18, 2014 6:19 AM

Feb 2009
I liked the way the fight was handled. We got a view of the battlefield with those pieces and how each move progresses, though it's pretty much one-sided due to Zion being so totally pathetic as a commander and Ellen and Tigre being untouchable.
That ExcalibahLey Admos. And they have 7 people with this power. Makes you wonder why Zchted hasn't conquered the world yet.
Even without the black bow's power, Tigre's archery is still ridiculous. Nerf pls. And this isn't even his most absurd feat. Vol7 still takes the cake for that. Now he has the magic of the black bow. He's surely going to be a big target, now that the son of Thenardier is dead.
Next week, Mira. Can't wait for her.
Oct 18, 2014 6:44 AM

Mar 2013
belatkuro said:
I liked the way the fight was handled. We got a view of the battlefield with those pieces and how each move progresses, though it's pretty much one-sided due to Zion being so totally pathetic as a commander and Ellen and Tigre being untouchable.
That ExcalibahLey Admos. And they have 7 people with this power. Makes you wonder why Zchted hasn't conquered the world yet.
Even without the black bow's power, Tigre's archery is still ridiculous. Nerf pls. And this isn't even his most absurd feat. Vol7 still takes the cake for that. Now he has the magic of the black bow. He's surely going to be a big target, now that the son of Thenardier is dead.
Next week, Mira. Can't wait for her.

Zion wasn't that bad a commander to be honest he was just out classed, Lim and Ellen are both top class tacticians and Tigre knew the lay of the land, the anime made him look a lot worse than he was in the novels.

They changed the battle slightly as well Lim didn't really take part in the main battle at frist, they used the same multiple group tactic as the battle of Dinant on purpose knowing Zion would counter it they used that to draw Zions reserves into the trap with the ropes then she joined the battle after they where delt with.

It also didn't really show how low the brune troops moral was and how jittery they where due to Dinant.

NewhopesOct 18, 2014 6:54 AM

Oct 18, 2014 7:18 AM

Aug 2014
I was hoping they would at least get the battle scenes right but I guess even that proved too much .....
Oct 18, 2014 7:43 AM

Jul 2012
Ellen sure is OP. Tigre with that triple headshot! Decent episode.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 18, 2014 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
Boobs: check
OP main character(s): check
Weak story: check

Everything you need for a popular anime, I guess.
Oct 18, 2014 7:58 AM

Aug 2010
I liked quite a lot :D

The way they showed the pieces representing the battlefield was pretty nice.

Loved seeing how pathetic Zion was XD

Tigre and Ellen being OP as hell one sidedly owning everyone in their way was nice :P

Gotta love Tigre's calm attitude and how he kept triple shooting with that accuracy XD

Didn't expect his Bow's voice to be like that. I thought it would be more sinister ^^;

Good ep overall :3
Oct 18, 2014 8:24 AM

Jul 2014
iirc Tigre had to shoot the dragon twice, it was in the 2nd time that Ellen noticed and held her blade right next to his bow.

anyway good episode, Lim didn't have that much of an appearance tho. quite sad

Ellen OP as fuck. i like how thay animated her Ley Admos.

I thought they could handle the battle better, the CGI is somewhat weak.

That 1v1 with Tigre and Zion.

Overall good episode.

edit: i was right. he had to shoot twice. don't why they skipped it and gave us 2 mins on some old ladies. here's the pic
OkashiOct 18, 2014 8:44 AM
Oct 18, 2014 8:31 AM

Dec 2013
Disappointing dragons get one-shotted..
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 18, 2014 8:42 AM

Oct 2013
Enjoy the series, but hopefully not all the impending battles are won so easily. If not, this may be a long ride.
Oct 18, 2014 8:49 AM

Aug 2012
The battle is kind of lame (at least compare to the original), but I don't blame them that much because they doesn't seem to have a lot of funding.

I think most of the money for this episode goes to:

Oct 18, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2010
This battle was great!
Managing to win when outnumbered and the enemy having two dragons!
Both of them managing to kill each dragon in one hit.
The use of the ropes and the plan to use the spare horses along an army of a hundred!
Using a bow for a duel and shooting the same spot on the shield.
Tigre's shot with the buff and killing the dragon! That was quite the battle ^^
Oct 18, 2014 9:04 AM

Dec 2012
Fight could've been better, but it is what it is..
Some little love squarrel between Titta and Ellenora about Tigre.
One arrow, one (armored?) dragon = GG apparently.

I guess this episode was decent..
Oct 18, 2014 9:08 AM

Jul 2014
Remedy_S said:
One arrow, one (armored?) dragon = GG apparently.

One magical OP arrow*
Oct 18, 2014 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
battle animation was not that great

liked how the battle played out though

using the ropes as a trap

using the horses to create the illusion of a bigger army

ley admos was pretty cool
Oct 18, 2014 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
I hope its the end of that Zion guy,
so annoying.
Oct 18, 2014 9:18 AM

Apr 2013
CyanElekid said:
Boobs: check
OP main character(s): check
Weak story: check

Everything you need for a popular anime, I guess.
watch out an horde of people might attack you for speaking your mind (and the truth)

"we have to make everyone fear the dragons!" *gets 1 shot'd"
KneelBeforeMeOct 18, 2014 9:22 AM
Oct 18, 2014 9:19 AM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I enjoyed the whole chess pieces to show how the battle flowed. Though talk about surprising that Vorn's bow is pretty special also. Well with that the battle is now over. I wonder what the kingdom that sent those two dragons will think now?

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 18, 2014 9:35 AM
Oct 2014
compared to the episode last week this was a lot better. the whole episode was a battle which is the kind of thing i enjoy watching

Ellen was as epic as usual and tigre was also pretty cool with his shiny new bow

Oct 18, 2014 9:40 AM

Feb 2014
That Zion guy certainly know how to escape. I wonder how he escaped the mansion from last episode while wounded and surrounded.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Oct 18, 2014 9:53 AM

Jun 2013
battle animation is kinda.. stiff

but i like chess piece part that show the condition of war
Oct 18, 2014 10:13 AM

Apr 2011
good ep, enjoyed it but preferred how it was in the novel really. didn't expect the bow to sound like that. expected a more badass and maybe sinister voice but oh well.
Oct 18, 2014 10:13 AM

Aug 2008
That was one static battle. They were mainly standing and watching or just riding around. I don't even want to start talking about archer shooting 3 arrows at the same time with perfect aim or that attack of Vanadis girl. Coupled with a pretty bad animation it was a dull watch.

Oh right, how subtle was the scene showing maid's affection. Wow...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 18, 2014 10:14 AM

Jan 2013
That was a good battle. The explanation with the pieces helped.
Oct 18, 2014 10:16 AM

Nov 2013
The whole cast of characters is annoying as hell. Lowered from 8 to 7.
Oct 18, 2014 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
And with the last hope of battlefields being portrayed correctly(instead of halfassedly) being gone, I can't go on watching this anymore.

This is literally unbearable for anyone who knows the source material even a little bit.

How can you mess up an adaptation this much?

Anyway, won't be watching this anymore because can't bear to see something decent turned into such a mindless boring generic drivel

1/5...
Oct 18, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2014
Still wondering why everyone seems to hate the Maid,still lovin my archer MC...
CookingPriest said:
This is literally unbearable for anyone who knows the source material even a little bit.
lol,im glad i didnt read the source material...
Oct 18, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2011
The presentation of how the troops that were going to participate in the "Battle of Molsheim" were organized was pretty nice.

LOL, Titta you so silly...

Tigre's aim is OP!

Ellen vs earth dragon ended with Ellen's victory!

Zion's a freaking coward and noob.

Tigre showed us his OP aim once again by hitting the same spot and weakening it.

Dat last shot doe...

I knew that Tigre's bow would prove to be a special one and... VICTORY!!!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 18, 2014 10:28 AM

Feb 2014
Oh, Tigre sure knows how to aim. I liked the episode, the action was good.
Oct 18, 2014 10:31 AM

Dec 2012
This show seems a bit conflicted. They want play with tactics have an outnumbered force win through good strategy. But at the same time they want to go over the top on main character attacks which defeats the need for tactics. Then at the same time still, it's really all about the boobs and skin apparent in every shot.

Don't think I'll stick with it much longer.
Oct 18, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2010
A battle was going on and Tigre's group just stood there watching Elen slayed a dragon as if no war was going on.

This is beyond stupid
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 18, 2014 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
I really like how they show the chess pieces for the battle plans.

That Tigre's bow shot at the end to finish Zion off was great.
Oct 18, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2007
Confucius said:
A battle was going on and Tigre's group just stood there watching Elen slayed a dragon as if no war was going on.

This is beyond stupid

Gotta save budget for dem boob animations.
Oct 18, 2014 11:13 AM

Dec 2013
That power arrow. Enjoyable ep.
Oct 18, 2014 11:22 AM

May 2013
No money left for an actual battle, eh. Only cheap CGI figurines and a narrator.
Also, why bothering explaining any "tactics", when in the end the main characters win the day solely by being op again.

Oct 18, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
And with the last hope of battlefields being portrayed correctly(instead of halfassedly) being gone, I can't go on watching this anymore.

How can you mess up an adaptation this much?

Anyway, won't be watching this anymore because can't bear to see something decent turned into such a mindless boring generic drivel

1/5...
At least we're starting to get some awesome fanart. which is more then enough
Oct 18, 2014 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
So I've got a question. Is it the actual bow itself that has the "super" power or is it Ellen's viralt(?) that is giving him power and talking to Tigre in that scene?
Oct 18, 2014 12:25 PM

Sep 2014
I didn't like the "board" represantation of the battle, was it really necessary to make so ugly? It's still an entertaining show since I don't have much to do. However, I have to agree with some opinions that the whole thing is a bit rushed. Generally speaking the source material is not that great either, but it's an OK read. To begin with I wouldn't expect too much depth from a harem fantasy which just happens to be set in a world similar to medieval times.

deanzel said:
So I've got a question. Is it the actual bow itself that has the "super" power or is it Ellen's viralt(?) that is giving him power and talking to Tigre in that scene?

It's the bow. Funny that you say that because in the book Tigre also wondered if it was Ellen speaking.
LN spoiler about the bow ahead.
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Oct 18, 2014 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
Grim_Person said:
deanzel said:

It's the bow. Funny that you say that because in the book Tigre also wondered if it was Ellen speaking.
LN spoiler about the bow ahead.

Thanks Grim! That explanation in the spoiler absolutely explains everything and the reason why I was confused as to where the voice and the power for the attack were coming from.
Oct 18, 2014 1:07 PM

Apr 2010
So with the help of the bow Tigre defeated Zion and it was a nice victory, tho what will the rest of the country think about it.
This should get interesting further on in the anime.
It's nice that Tigre and Ellen fight so well together.
Oct 18, 2014 1:30 PM
Feb 2012
i think its pretty stupid
there is no need to bring any army with that kind of OP skill

just let Elen be a 1 man army and screw everybody with her skill, if a land dragon (which eyes as hard as a rock) can be killed with 1 skill, surely an army of 2700 is not a problem, use the wind shield which can block arrow rain, aim for the general, use the skill, enemy general die, happy town

very disappointing, i thought it would have some war strategy or something
Oct 18, 2014 1:36 PM

Jan 2010
All that delicious RRRRrrrraaagggeeeee!

This is 3rd episode and I still didn't skip the OP. (O_O) Well anyway those tripple headshots were ridiculous. Animation was average, I was expecting more but it was still okay. We got some tactics and some action and for 1ep battle they wrapped it pretty well. I mean it could've been so bad, but of course it could've been so much better. l

Maaan so early in the story and they KO'd dragons. What is gonna be the "oh sh*t MONSTER" creature now?

10 episodes left and I am wondering, how are they gonna introduce and "use" all dem galz from OP, huh?
Oct 18, 2014 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
Saulenger said:
10 episodes left and I am wondering, how are they gonna introduce and "use" all dem galz from OP, huh?
Cliffhanger or episode 1 pacing.
Oct 18, 2014 2:30 PM

Apr 2014
Since the anime removed it, I think it's probably okay to add this. The reason why Ellen is so interested in Tigre (contrary to this love at first sight that even some people here believed) is:

This is pretty much the potential that Ellen saw with Tigre's skills which is why she wants it so much. Even if she's that powerful, it does not mean she can win against numbers.

Anyway, I'm still a bit worried about the pacing. They're supposed to animated 6-7 volumes into 13 episodes. Considering they took 3 episodes to partially finish the 1st volume, they only have about 10 left. The show gets more details and complicated further in and battles are more complex and lengthier. Well, I still have hope and I'm still liking what I see.
Oct 18, 2014 2:36 PM

Feb 2012
I agree with the whole "using pieces to show the battle's progress" thing, I thought it was a nice touch.

Animation felt a little lazy for me, especially at some points with the arrows, and Tigre's pretty OP too. However, that Zion douche is dead, so that automatically brings my episode score to 4/5.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 18, 2014 2:43 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Papa Thenardier is going to be pissed at Tigre. He better be prepared to defend Alsace.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 18, 2014 3:10 PM

Jan 2014
Some lazy animation including appalling CG spotted, yay. And they still 'resorted' to tons of CG chess pieces and really close viewing angles, which barely conveyed the impression of a big battle taking place, imo. The chess piece thing is excusable to some degree, tho, as I found it to be a rather nice touch and giving some overview.

Now one has to wonder why they need all these tactics when Ellen seems to be that powerful. Looked like an attack that could easily mow through hundreds of soldiers at once. And I didn't really get her reasoning. She said that she doesn't use that attack on humans cause it's too destructive / powerful or something along those lines. But she's unhesitatingly killing countless soldiers anyway, so why does it matter? Anyone able to enlighten me? Did I miss something?

Presentation aside, which was still ooookay, I still see a lot of potential and there were some nice scenes. Ellen still hawt, too.
Oct 18, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2012
I have read the LN and I think they are doing a decent adaptation of it especially compared to another LN like Campione.

I agree the animation is average but that doesn't bother me and I wish they had the 2 shots needed for Tigre as it shows his archery isn't perfect and would be better to see that powerful shot twice.

People keep saying what doesn't Ellen take care of everything, it get explained latter that she can't continuously use that strong attack and that even she would lose to numbers.
Oct 18, 2014 3:18 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
AbyssGhost said:
I have read the LN and I think they are doing a decent adaptation of it especially compared to another LN like Campione.

I think you got the wrong standard...

Still meh despite the potential.... give it more budget and talent and better animation and more episodes then you will get something really good.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

72 by MxS7HGS »»
Feb 23, 2022 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.