Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2014 2:16 PM
Jul 2014
So guys atm we don't know who the guy at the last scene was? For a second I thought it was Kogami but I guess not.
Oct 16, 2014 2:17 PM

Feb 2012
Decent episode. Mika continues to be annoying as fuck. That scene with Akane and the cigarettes was awesome. I can't wait for Kougami to make his appearance.
Oct 16, 2014 2:20 PM

Jul 2013
great episode (imo better than the first)
i think WC means what color, the question the nutjob asked
Oct 16, 2014 2:27 PM

Jul 2014
The only thing I liked was the antagonist's profession. A psychologist in their world must see too much suffering and feel too much responsibility. That new drug must be involved too. This part is interesting, ok.

But the writing is bad. It is illogical and even breaks the rules of their universe a little.
Oct 16, 2014 2:28 PM
Oct 2010
kraidy said:
Mika is really really really pissing me off. She has no clue the hell Akane or Gino went through. The fact that she had the balls to say Gino quit is what really pisses me off. I really hope she dies soon or gets that stick out of her ass.

I don't see why should have respect for a fallen inspector, the blind should not lead the blind. As far as she is concerned Gino is an example of what not to do or become.

deadoptimist said:

But the writing is bad. It is illogical and even breaks the rules of their universe a little.

They've been doing this since the first episode (with the dominator going lethal for no reason). It feels like they are less like police and more like executioners.
Oct 16, 2014 2:43 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Good episode, looks like it won't be crap after all. Really looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 16, 2014 2:43 PM

Feb 2014
deadoptimist said:
The only thing I liked was the antagonist's profession. A psychologist in their world must see too much suffering and feel too much responsibility. That new drug must be involved too. This part is interesting, ok.

I agree the writing is not the same caliber as Urobuchi

The first half of this episode was really boring, second half was alright
Oct 16, 2014 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
bastek66 said:
Dawwwww

When I saw this scene, I really started to hope again that Kougami is coming back.. ;c I want to see how Akane would react on this..
And my first thought was that it's possible that Akane started that right after Kougami left..
Oct 16, 2014 2:55 PM

Jul 2014
skudoops said:
They've been doing this since the first episode (with the dominator going lethal for no reason). It feels like they are less like police and more like executioners.

Hm. I didn't have problem with that, since he was over 300. But maybe I overlook something - I watched the first season a while ago.

What I don't like is that they don't show much concern about their hues, and the division between inspectors and enforcers suddenly doesn't work. (It's a pity, because it had a nice SM vibe to it.)
Like, for example, in this episode Akane is solving everything. She is special, but still it was a point that enforcers were necessary, because inspectors shouldn't try to think like criminals. Also enforcers were wild - they were oppressed by the system and often held grudge.

Other than that, inspectors suddenly became passive. What's with the "Sybils said, so it's fine" attitude? I remember that Gino went to the chief, if things went difficult, in the first season.

The focus of the story sure is different.

eXtacy67 said:
The first half of this episode was really boring, second half was alright

Too much talk. :/ Maybe the budget is low.
Oct 16, 2014 2:57 PM

Nov 2013
Smoking scene was pretty adorable. Hinakawa looks way too shady atm, every time he's on screen his eyes are always shaded or tilted away from the camera. Just feels like they're forcing some form of detachment towards the rest of the group so he's liable to become a villain or he's revealed as an inside-man later on. Not sure what to think of that guy.

Better then the first episode by quite a bit for me.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 16, 2014 3:01 PM

Jun 2011
I still don't know why the Lethal Eliminator mode exists. Why would detectives have a weapon that effectively obliterates the evidence/lead? Autopsies can be very useful yanno.
Oct 16, 2014 3:05 PM

Nov 2013
Ambient_ said:
I still don't know why the Lethal Eliminator mode exists. Why would detectives have a weapon that effectively obliterates the evidence/lead? Autopsies can be very useful yanno.

I thought this in the first series, they can't detain anyone who is at a crazy PP level and use them to further investigations and such. But with that being said, I think that's why they train in physical combat still. That ain't so useful when inspectors are trigger happy though, not sure why the other inspector butted in and shot him when they were clearly conversing and already had a gun on him.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 16, 2014 3:08 PM

Dec 2011
Akane smoking. >.< Looks like she misses Kougami.
And finally, the riddle is solved. What color?
And we finally got a lead that they know its Kamui.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode. The main improvement over season 1 is definitely the animation and hopefully it remains this way all the way through, so that abominations like episode 18 from the first series will never happen again.
As for the rest, I'm really surprised by how good Akane's development has been so far. She's definitely more experienced, but it's still possible to see the traits that characterised her in the past. The 2 new enforcers also seem to be more interesting than I first suspected and this episode also managed to not make me want to punch the screen every time Mika spoke, which is an improvement over the previous episode. The villain seems to be different enough from Makishima, but it's still to see whether he'l prove to be a challenging foe.
Lastly, that dominator kill was incredibly detailed. I imagined they spent a good amount of their budget just for that scene...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 16, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2014
Ambient_ said:

I can think of several reasons.
First of all, they are executioners. Sybil judges right away, and they do the killing. They eleminate some people for the same reason we do (or used to do, depending on the country): their society doesn't want to support life in people, who got over 300 of criminal points. (Their prisons must be busy even without them.)
It's not that interrogation is always necessary. The did well ro show it in the first ep. of season 1.

Then, as far as it looks to me, there're no other weapons available. So if they need to shoot, they can't use anything else. And Sybil controls everything (she needs brains of maniacs for herself.)

Also they are very scared of criminals. Their very presense confuses people and darkens their hue. It was shown in season 1 too - they isolate the sector, where criminal is, evacuate people, put those moe police robots around. So it's better to take them out as fast as possible.

But, of course, shooting a criminal, who talks, was counterproductive. Everyone became less intelligent in this season, as it seems.
Oct 16, 2014 3:37 PM
Oct 2010
deadoptimist said:
skudoops said:

Hm. I didn't have problem with that, since he was over 300. But maybe I overlook something - I watched the first season a while ago.

What I don't like is that they don't show much concern about their hues, and the division between inspectors and enforcers suddenly doesn't work. (It's a pity, because it had a nice SM vibe to it.)
Like, for example, in this episode Akane is solving everything. She is special, but still it was a point that enforcers were necessary, because inspectors shouldn't try to think like criminals. Also enforcers were wild - they were oppressed by the system and often held grudge.

Other than that, inspectors suddenly became passive. What's with the "Sybils said, so it's fine" attitude? I remember that Gino went to the chief, if things went difficult, in the first season.

The focus of the story sure is different.

Dude I know what you mean, you know what strikes me as even more odd that goes in line with what you are saying? Why are they so surprised that there's technology to hide from sibly and other scans?

You'd swear that the events in psycho pass 1 did not happen. As for the part I was referring to in episode 1.. I meant when the other inspector shot the enforcer. Fact is, it should have gone into stun and not directly into lethal, enforces generally have around 120+ ish PP and it doesn't go down.
Oct 16, 2014 3:52 PM

Jul 2014
skudoops said:
Dude I know what you mean, you know what strikes me as even more odd that goes in line with what you are saying? Why are they so surprised that there's technology to hide from sibly and other scans?

You'd swear that the events in psycho pass 1 did not happen. As for the part I was referring to in episode 1.. I meant when the other inspector shot the enforcer. Fact is, it should have gone into stun and not directly into lethal, enforces generally have around 120+ ish PP and it doesn't go down.

Oh, you're right. That scene didn't make much sense, so I didn't even try to analyze it. But it's true, they shouldn't have enough points. Kougami had 265, and he was considered a borderline case.
Well, it could be punishment for disobeying orders, but I am not sure that it was always death. Maybe he panicked and went over 300. Or since Sybil doesn't block the stolen dominator, she either likes what's going on, or can't block it - in this case the new evil guy can control dominators. In both cases, it's strange, that higher ups don't cover for it.

Why they're so surprised, that someone doesn't fit in the system, is beyond me. Inspectors are supposed to enforce the system and support it, not be mindless slaves. They say, that Sybil will sort thing out on her own, but actually they are the ones, who are supposed to do the sorting.
Oct 16, 2014 4:11 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Some of them being surprised at Kitazawa's crime coefficient going down dramatically and was great. They're all so mindless and can't seem to think critically. Hope they learn that the Sybil System can actually be flawed. And WC like others thought probably does mean white color...that Kamui dude is interesting, he seems to have compassion but I'm mostly wondering how he's doing all this, being undetected and clearing people's color hue.
Oct 16, 2014 4:23 PM
May 2014
deadoptimist said:
Why they're so surprised, that someone doesn't fit in the system, is beyond me. Inspectors are supposed to enforce the system and support it, not be mindless slaves. They say, that Sybil will sort thing out on her own, but actually they are the ones, who are supposed to do the sorting.

Remember what the chief told that other inspector in S1? The fact that the system isn't perfect is
kept hidden (and covered up), because if they start to doubt Sybil.. It was explained quite detailed in S1.
In other words, Sybil (incl dominators) is generally seen as something infallible.

Nobody except Akane (as we know of) knows what Sybil really is, and she's not likely to talk.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 16, 2014 4:24 PM

Jul 2010
Mika is still annoying :(
The code of WC!!! An inspector disappearing and a man that could bypass the system.
Akane smokes! Didn't know o.o

Kitazawa's coefficient dropping and remained so even after slashing an inspector!
That death :O and the mastermind at the end. Has the stalker vibe from what he said and what he wrote on Akane's home.
Oct 16, 2014 4:29 PM

Jul 2014
Wow! Just awesome! Better than the first one.
LOL! I just don't know how Ginoza takes all of Mika's criticism.It's damn funny how she uses everything he says against him.
Oct 16, 2014 4:31 PM

Jul 2014
FatefulLove said:
Mika is still annoying :(
The code of WC!!! An inspector disappearing and a man that could bypass the system.
Akane smokes! Didn't know o.o

Kitazawa's coefficient dropping and remained so even after slashing an inspector!
That death :O and the mastermind at the end. Has the stalker vibe from what he said and what he wrote on Akane's home.
Second-hand smoke.
Oct 16, 2014 4:38 PM

Oct 2011
Can't wait for that professor dude to show up. Also in before Kogami uses a hologram.
Oct 16, 2014 4:42 PM

May 2012
secondhand smoker lol she missed Kogami that much!!!

Oct 16, 2014 5:47 PM

Oct 2011
Slightly better than the first episode but overall it felt slow and quite boring. I shouldn't be looking at how much time is left when watching an anime but this episode made me do this several times.

Didn't enjoy the bomb guys retarded mood swings and overdramatic movements.

Mika is still a bitch, in fact she is an even more unbearable bitch in this episode than the last.

Sho pisses me off with the way he acts. Him running to give Akane info on the Holo was annoying and the way he talks makes me want to slap some sense to the kid.

Akane doing the second hand smoke thing was cool but chessy.

Not liking division 2 at all and wished they weren't constantly in the episode.

The enforcer and inspector dynamics in season 1, was way better.

6.5/10.
Oct 16, 2014 5:56 PM

Aug 2014
This episode seems so much more vibrant. The plot line did take an unexpected turn at that 'WC?' and slaying akira in the end. The characters also developed quite nicely too. Ginoza is just as cool and tactful, Yayoi is yayoi, Shimotsuki needs a slap, Hinakawa is just as mysterious as ever, Tougane looks like the new Kogami and Tsunemori is second-hand smoking! (She misses Kougami huh?)

5/5. I liked how this episode went and the development of the characters were well done. Although I do wonder what'll happen to Tsunemori after seeing WC? in her room.

Waaah Tougane is smoking and he spars, but he cannot replace Kougami >w<

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2014 5:57 PM
Aug 2011
bastek66 said:
Dawwwww

Simply adorable, the implications of this scene hit me right in the heart. Best part of the episode for me.
Shiruet said:
Waaah Tougane is smoking and he spars, but he cannot replace Kougami >w<

Kou workouts and Kou abs are clearly superior.
Oct 16, 2014 5:59 PM

Nov 2013
Kinda slow episode. Interesting though, how they're managing to bypass the system now, whatever it is they're doing.
Hmm...
So this new girl is a lesbian.
I'm assuming they made Kougami, the protagonist of the last season, an antagonist of this season? Not sure if I like the direction of where this is going. Also, he seems to be replaced by the new enforcer with the curly hair as Tsunemori's potential love interest.
Also that kid with the curly red hair kinda reminds me of L in that scene where he was sucking on his thumb.

I'm hoping the pace and plot will advance soon; and that we get to see some real drama like last season...
Oct 16, 2014 6:13 PM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
Dawwwww

I'm really tearing up here.

For the people saying that Akane smokes, she's not. Remember how her hologram thing said secondhand smoke instead of smoking? Know the difference. She's just keeping it like incense so that she can feel Kougami near her.

So far, I'm still indifferent with Mika and Tougane. Ginoza still is adorable, and I'm liking Hinakawa.
Oct 16, 2014 6:21 PM

Apr 2013
Chabe said:
I'm not sure why she thought she had the right to shoot the guy when Division 1 was taking care of it and already had him at gunpoint.

I didn't think she liked the shank that guy gave her.

Also Akane keeping incense cigarettes is adorable.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 16, 2014 6:24 PM

Feb 2014
I wonder if what is obvious is not what will happen next...

Kougami still away... :(
Oct 16, 2014 6:27 PM

Jul 2010
Dang, I miss Kougami.

And I'm really curious about Kamui.
Oct 16, 2014 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
Akane misses Kougami ;-;

bring him back!
Oct 16, 2014 6:53 PM
May 2014
Darkdrone said:
Akane doing the second hand smoke thing was cool but chessy.

Smell is apparently one of the easiest ways to trigger memories.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 16, 2014 7:01 PM

Jul 2012
I miss Kogami so much!! ;w;

Akane does too...

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Oct 16, 2014 7:11 PM

Apr 2007
A lot of nice reveals this episode. I'm a little bothered by how the second Division is being handled though. They're pretty much fodder so far and Aoyanagi....I can't seem to like her at all. In the first series I always wanted other divisions to get more focus, but not like this.

Oh well.
Oct 16, 2014 8:03 PM

Jun 2014
Good episode.
Oct 16, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, it's starting to get good already. And I'm starting to like the new enforcers, too, now. Tribute to Kogami, with the smoking and all that. And the misunderstanding at the end, with Akane not meaning to kill, but presumably Kamui who thought she meant it... I wonder how this is going to go.

Now for the crazy theories: Kirito Kamui=Shinya Kogami in disguise. Nah, it'd be too early for him to show up, and I don't think he'd show up in this way, or do these things. At least, my curiosity is piqued until at least Kogami comes back into the scene.
Oct 16, 2014 8:50 PM

Jan 2009
the mysteries are growing
Oct 16, 2014 8:56 PM
May 2010
Getting way ahead of myself here...

but i think the therapist is the culprit. Or rather Kamui plays the therapist as well. I mean it's his job to lower people's hue's and psycho pass and "save" people. of course once he loses someone, he can't save them again so he tries to save his patient. also the cameras make it clear, he's the only visitor. therapist also belongs to MWPSB medical agency, so he'd have info and know Akane and her address and sneak in and write "WC" (what color?, in case you didn't know already).

that and the eyes of kamui at the end are the same as the therapist's eyes at around 14:00 (the brown tint), and why else zoom in on the therapist's eyes when he's seemingly just minor character? and kamui can make good holos to pose as others. and if there's anyone who knows how to lower people's psycho pass and have access to them and how to deceive them, it'd be someone with that kind of training. the dead 8 year old is probably a young sister or something. he's have access to that data, convenient that the name is half hidden

the villain here seems to be trying to rescue people from Sibyl, people who aren't criminals but angry at the unfair system, like seen in the riots from season 1 or the 27 club.

tougane is also potential suspect or collaborator. maybe kitazawa was saying tougane helped clear his hue, he is after all a therapist. a psycho pass therapist turned enforcer?
Oct 16, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
Guess we're not the only ones who miss Kougami. I wouldn't use a cigarette to keep his scent on though, I value my lungs haha. Guess that's how much she misses him.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 16, 2014 9:51 PM
Mar 2014
Great episode !
Oct 16, 2014 10:02 PM

Jan 2014
What colour are you, Kamui?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 16, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.
Akane should quite smoking. Its not good for her.
Great shot by Aoyanagi at the end. Love the Dominator in action.
So long Kitazawa.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 16, 2014 11:23 PM

Dec 2013
Much better episode than the first one. Damn, Akane is smoking, this makes me sad, very sad :/

The overall animation also felt better than the first episode's.

I don't get why some people dislike Mika already, sure she can be a bitch sometimes, but i'm totally ok with her character though.

Fuck, that ending,brutal. Kamui huh?Just from the 10 secs he was onscreen i already like him a LOT, looks like a really interesting antagonist. I wonder what WC means?

I Must say, the 1st ep. Didn't get me really excited(studio change, no Urobuchi,Slow pace), but after watching this, i can safely say that the hype is back!

Great episode 5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 16, 2014 11:33 PM
Nov 2013
Akane knows what she is doing, Mika needs to back off. But I can see Mika getting good development later on. Hopefully it's good development. But the smoking scene was really adorable, definitely looks like she was reminiscing about Kougami. The second half of the episode was pretty exciting, this Kamui guy is definitely going to be all like Makishima. Good episode, and I always look forward to that glorious Ed song.
Oct 17, 2014 12:04 AM

Jun 2013
*suddenly makes the connection that Mika the Inspector is that surviving girl from the specimen case*

My mind is blown. Completely.
Oct 17, 2014 12:23 AM

Aug 2013
Another great episode.

Learn a tad bit more about the new characters.

Kitahara guy earned his third strike before becoming pink mist.

Get to see more of the villain. I think I am going to like him a lot. He seems very Makishima-like to me. A guy who is not only able to have a clear hue and low PP like him, but can avoid cymatic scans. He also thinks that what he is doing is the right thing, just like Makishima.

When I watched the first season a while back, I remember like rooting for Makishima to succeed since I think the Sybil system is a piece of shit too.

A lot of people are giving this show hate saying it's not as good as the first one...how are you able to judge that after 2 episodes? It literally looks and plays out exactly like season 1. I feel like most people saying this are just fucking butthurt because Kogami isn't in the show (at least not yet, judging from the OP).
Oct 17, 2014 1:12 AM

Dec 2013
Really impressed by the animation and artwork here. The writing isn't brilliant and our bomber's hysteria got a little over the top, but each scene served its purpose well--esp the smoking scene. I like how they're fleshing out Akane early on and also Div 2's inclusion. This new villain has real potential. How did that guy get into Akane's apartment, and when would he have had time?

Still think the Enforcer with the red hair needs a makeover. Cringe.
DouluoOct 17, 2014 1:16 AM
Oct 17, 2014 1:39 AM

Jun 2013
Not the main point of this message but omg for some reason, i find that Ginoza is so charming *_* LOL

Mika is really getting on my nerves

Akane misses Kougami just like we do :-)

Tougane seems really suspicious to me too but oh well we'll see
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

639 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.