Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2010 4:50 PM

Mar 2010
What are people saying?
Those who say that Advent Children doesn't have a plot should play the game again and rewatch this shit. Or better yet, get Advent Children Complete.
May 22, 2010 10:07 AM
Dec 2009
I agree with Kaarosu!
The plot was awesome and I can't believe that people are saying that it was bad.
Sure they could have developed the character's relationships a little better (such as Cloud and Tifa), but it would be unfair to say that the whole movie was 'bad' just because they skipped a few minor details.

I have also read comments saying that the action was bad and 'unoriginal'. Gun swords plus Huge and awesome looking sword battles is what Final Fantasy is all about! Final Fantasy's sword designs are ORIGINAL (Bleach even copied the huge swords design and so did many other popular animes of today). The action of Final Fantasy does have similar aspects to Matrix, however, to say it was EXACTLY the same and 'unoriginal' would be a HUGE exaggeration. Not every character in Final Fantasy uses a gun (unlike in the Matrix) and the EPIC sword battles look cooler than just the ordinary gun man vs gun man fights. Final Fantay also has the character's '(magic) ability skills' which differs it from the Matrix ( it also looks really cool). A good example of this would be Cloud's seven sword technique, which is also my favourite part of the movie (as Cloud pwns Sephiroth! >:D). Another thing that I find cool is how the fights between the protagonists and the antagonists usually tear up the palce as they're fighting, making it not just another boring sword fight. The awesome motorbike plus sword fight scene also differs it from the Matrix's (all gun users) fight scenes. The heavy sword clash action is what Final Fantasy fans love! Most of the people i know (here in Australia) saw the movie just for the epic battle between Cloud and Sephiroth and 99% of them said it was the best sword battle they had ever seen. In adition to this, the awesome graphics of the movie and the action kept me interested through every second of it.

One aspect that I agree with ParaParaJMo is about Denzel. He is a total waste of space and time. Square Enix should have kicked him out and focued more on the important and awesome characters; such as Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, Vincent, Yuffie etc.

Geostigma is explained in much more detail in Final Fantasy Advent Children Complete. However, in the original Final Fantasy Advent Children I would have to agree with ParaParaJMo. In the first movie, Geostigma does sound like 'a stupid plot device that really did nothing to impact the movie overall'. However if you watch the remake of Final Fantasy Advent Children (which is Final Fantasy Advent Children Complete), it DOES impact the whole movie!

Overall, Final Fantasy Advent Children an AWESOME action movie that deserves a 10/10!
May 23, 2010 8:50 PM

May 2010
I can't believe tetsuya could make such a great movie and fiound such great cast man !! I will remember him forever!!!

Final fantasy 7 Rocks

Jun 22, 2010 6:31 AM

Nov 2009
Very good animation film ~~ but it was too complicated because conversations between the cloud and Aeris ????
Jun 23, 2010 9:10 PM

May 2008
Shio_ said:
Where did the plot go?

All I saw was fancy cg animations and pretty colors.

Hahaha, MTE.
Aug 14, 2010 8:24 PM
Sep 2009
Okay so...I've never played FF7 (or any FF game as a matter of fact) so I watched this out of pure curiousity and I didn't understand anything. The only two things that got me in this movie were Tifa and the amazing CGI. Otherwise, it's pretty average.

Then again, the target audience was probably former FF7 gamers but I think the actual story could have been fleshed out a little more so we, the people who haven't played FF7, know what the hell is going on...
Aug 16, 2010 1:34 PM

Sep 2009
This was an utter piece of shit.
Did the people who make this even play the games?

The animation was decent. I don't dig CGI, so its neatral to me.
The music kicked ass. But not enough new stuff, if there was any. It all felt like it was just a remix of the FF7 soundtrack.

However...what the hell happened to Cloud?
He went from not emo...to emo. With no explanation.
Why does he suddenly know a completely different fighting style when the movie says he hasn't been fighting at all?

Why do the three Sepiroth wannabes get no character development?

Why are established dead characters coming back from the grave?
Tseng kinda died. Elena wanted to kill Sepiroth because of that.
Rufus....is dead. A hyper beam exploded his tower.
I was half expecting Aeries to pop up and say something about not being dead either.
Man, Jesse, Biggs, and Wedge were probably watching from the shadows too.

EDIT: I'm just going to pretend this doesn't exist and keep with my memory that Final Fantasy 7 ended with Final Fantasy 7.
SabinleroseAug 16, 2010 1:38 PM
Nov 2, 2010 11:54 AM

Feb 2009
It lacked in story. It lacked in facial expressions. It lacked in voice acting. Actually, I prefer to watch a JDrama than this movie.
I rewatched it yesterday (the complete version) and remembered how much I disliked it.
Today, I saw Appleseed 2004, and thought, "FFVII-AC sure is overrated. All that fandom... they couldn't be more illuded by this movie. Appleseed, one year earlier, have a much better story, have good voice acting and they actually try to match the expressions of the characters to the situation, yet it has a smaller score".
If you just like the CG or the FF series, then go play the newest games.
But please, don't illude other users by overrating this piece of crap.
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Mar 22, 2011 2:30 PM

Aug 2010
I am not a big fan of the FF franchise, but I really loved this film. The animation can't get better, the fights were awe-worthy. The dub is theatrical level, and I don't see why many people disliked it. At least it wasn't a snooze-fest like the other FF film.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 30, 2011 11:32 AM

Jul 2009
I wish they had simply made the movie a retelling of the game. Problem is, I'm not sure how well it could be adapted to around 2 hours and fanboys would cry over any change. The plot was all in the game and there was no good way to extend the story.

This movie provided another look at the characters people liked in shiny new CG with an improved Sephiroth theme. Good enough for me.
Jun 20, 2011 4:16 AM

Jan 2011
when I was 10 I thought this was the most epic shit ever made
I probably need to watch it again but for now my childhood rates this an 8/10
"Where will a newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite" - Motoko Kusanagi
Jul 5, 2012 1:51 PM

Feb 2012
I loved it back when I watched it. ^^
Dec 15, 2012 8:06 AM
Oct 2012
huh/ what? did not even understand this movie i know it;s based on a vidio game but a least try to make some sene out of it was not great as a sci-fi movie either.
Dec 22, 2012 11:33 AM

Jul 2012
half way done this movie.

really epic animation srsly. i love the directing!
BUT ONE THING - scenes are too choppy

now..on to watch the second half.

--------

Done the movie. what the hell did i just watch T_T

4/10
i couldn't watch the last 20 minutes because i got bored so i skipped to the end was like mehhh.
really epic animation yes but the plot was wtf and very boring :/
MayukaDec 30, 2012 11:48 AM
May 11, 2013 10:58 PM

Oct 2012
for anime lovers who not play the game, yes they probably think this is bad. because they even dont understand every single thing on FF7, and keep saying its boring but they also saying the action great and animation is so good. and i dont even understand why people who dont play the game watch this. (no offense, just wonder)

but for me. this CG movie is so epic. and i'm glad become a gamers and rpg lovers. ff7 definitely epic. i really miss it. :( i cant stop thinking about when i played it back then.... one of the best RPG out there. beside FFIX and FFX

8/10 and 10/10 for complete

LONG LIFE FOR FINAL FANTASY 7.

May 15, 2013 1:30 AM

Jan 2013
ryshin said:
for anime lovers who not play the game, yes they probably think this is bad. because they even dont understand every single thing on FF7, and keep saying its boring but they also saying the action great and animation is so good. and i dont even understand why people who dont play the game watch this. (no offense, just wonder)

but for me. this CG movie is so epic. and i'm glad become a gamers and rpg lovers. ff7 definitely epic. i really miss it. :( i cant stop thinking about when i played it back then.... one of the best RPG out there. beside FFIX and FFX

8/10 and 10/10 for complete

LONG LIFE FOR FINAL FANTASY 7.
Agreed.
I haved this movie on dvd since it first came out. Heh
Kind of a funny story how I obtained the movie...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 10, 2013 9:32 AM

Jul 2012
ryshin said:
and i dont even understand why people who dont play the game watch this. (no offense, just wonder)

Because we take in other peoples' opinions?
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=454931
Jun 20, 2014 3:04 AM
Dec 2013
Nice to have family. And hey let's trhow a talking cat in it.
Mar 2, 2016 4:17 PM

Jan 2012
That was good they really did a good job on this game adaption , i am not fan of ff i have only played one game
the 3d art is good too

Dec 4, 2020 6:04 PM
Mar 2019
This movie still has the best version of One Winged Angel.
Jul 11, 2021 5:11 PM
Dec 2017
i wonder if this will be part of the remakes along with crisis core and dirge of cerberus in playable format for todays audiences.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tifa or Rinoa

GuyFreakz - Jan 19, 2011

25 by YannisSp101 »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» Does the movie spoil what happens after the FF7 remake?

Trickieking - May 11, 2022

9 by Castellano »»
Mar 7, 8:31 AM

» Final Fantasy kosmos

tsubagakure - Jan 31

3 by tsubagakure »»
Feb 1, 10:16 PM

» Why is this considered an anime?

DarkSageRK - Aug 20, 2009

8 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 18, 2021 4:27 PM

» what is the very first sequel of FF? Where the story starts?

beanysweets - Nov 5, 2011

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jul 11, 2021 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.