Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 12, 2014 8:06 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nonoka meets new friends in school, Koharu and Yuzuki, who are actually her childhood friends although we still don't know why they don't remember each other except for Noel. Yuzuki really really wants to get rid of the saucer floating in the sky, huh? Even cute little Noel-chan agrees to help Nonoka but I wonder if the saucer leaving will have an effect on this peaceful town?

Noel is just so cute! >////< <3 Although she's made less appearances in this episode. :( Well at least there's still next week!
LunyRemOct 12, 2014 8:52 AM
Oct 12, 2014 8:08 AM

Aug 2013
Very promising series.
5/5
Noel is so so so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
rsc-plOct 12, 2014 8:37 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 12, 2014 8:14 AM

May 2013
Nonoka and Yuzuki spending some time together. Nonoka also meeting with her childhood friends, although they all don't recognize each other.
Oct 12, 2014 8:20 AM

Jul 2010
Yuzuki is such a forceful girl! Getting Nonoka to join the team of getting rid of the saucer.
Yuzuki was pretty loud too, using ginger ale to calm her down.

The saucer having to leave the town :O Just hope it is not Noel leaving with the saucer.
That promise too... Noel coming in at that moment!
Oct 12, 2014 8:20 AM

Apr 2014
Oh No. Nonoka made Noel wait again. Oh well Noel was really patient but at least she should say something to Nonoka. (Waiting for too long is a big pain!)

And Nonoka was unknowingly saying to Noel to leave by her when she wants to get rid of the "saucer" (and still Noel doesn't say anything, she even said wait a bit longer)
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 12, 2014 8:22 AM
Jun 2014
Another good episode, this series has a lot of potential so I hope it continues to be as good as the first two episodes have been. And I can't help but feel that the saucer and Noel's being are tied together in some way.
Oct 12, 2014 8:35 AM

Apr 2010
It was a nice episode but it still seems Nonoka has a lot of work to do making up with the black haired girl, it's clear that the black haired girl remembers her but Nonoka doesn't remember the black haired girl.
Which complicates things between them.

The saucer might be strange inconvenient for some but i do think it increases tourism for the town, and from that perspective is does some good for them.
Oct 12, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
FatefulLove said:
Just hope it is not Noel leaving with the saucer.

I think that it is obvious whether Noel and saucer are connected.
I don't want it either, but...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 12, 2014 8:39 AM

Jul 2014
Nothing much really happened in this episode, but at least the saucer was actually acknowledged this time around. Clearly they are foreshadowing for future episodes in terms of the drama. And I'm wondering if any of the girls actually remember Nonoka other than Miss Headphones (whatever her actual name is).
Oct 12, 2014 8:39 AM

May 2010
Damned saucer, shoot some lasers to cure me of this boredom.
Oct 12, 2014 8:41 AM

Mar 2014
4/5 this episode. More questions, and some good setup for potential future conflict between Yuzuki's wishes and Noel's mission with Nonoka stuck in the middle. Still not a lot of answers, though it isn't hard to guess that Noel has something to do with that saucer. I wonder if there's more to Yuzuki's wish than what she's telling - getting rid of the saucer just for the sake of having fireworks shows again seems pretty selfish, especially when it's apparently keeping a number of people in the town gainfully employed.

This is definitely shaping up as the sort of series that rewards careful/patient viewing - both episodes so far have been rather leisurely paced. I'm enjoying it - the story is interesting so far and the animation is beautiful - but I'm probably not going to recommend it to any of my friends who strongly prefer action series because they'd just fall asleep.
Oct 12, 2014 8:41 AM

Dec 2013
I have not read any manga/light novel/spoilers for this anime but I get a anohana feeling about Noel, I mean she is so small compared to the other girls and have this very child like voice just like in Nonoka's flashbacks 7 years ago, and I guess they're supposed to be in the same age but.. Yeah so I guess Noel is dead and not to talk about how Nonoka is the only one so far that have seen her.

Oct 12, 2014 8:55 AM

May 2010
Kryki said:
Yeah so I guess Noel is dead and not to talk about how Nonoka is the only one so far that have seen her.

So lets say Noel is dead and that's why the saucer is still there after seven years. Then we're going to see them trying to get rid of the saucer or something a rather then Noel moves on followed by lots of feels. Oh spare me.
Oct 12, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Good setup this episode. Need to find out more about that Noel girl though but the sci-fi themes are kicking in that makes me curious more.

She is such a cutie..!
Oct 12, 2014 8:58 AM

Dec 2013
Zarkraz said:

So lets say Noel is dead and that's why the saucer is still there after seven years. Then we're going to see them trying to get rid of the saucer or something a rather then Noel moves on followed by lots of feels. Oh spare me.

Something like that was on my mind too!
Either way I bet there will be a lot of feels in this series.

I can't help to think Noel has something to do with the disk in the sky as well.

Oct 12, 2014 9:00 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah I don't think I'm going to like where this is going.
Oct 12, 2014 9:03 AM

Aug 2013
Why those kids forgot about Nonoka as their childhood friend? (except the headphone gurl)
Maybe there's a connection with the saucer? or maybe not..

Anyway, decent episode..
Noel voice is so hnngggg~
Oct 12, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Yuzuki wants Nonoka to help her out to get rid of the saucer.
Oct 12, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2010
I'm really liking Nonoka as a character :3

Noel is cute :3

And the OP & ED are really nice.
Barion-ZaraOct 12, 2014 10:23 AM
Oct 12, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
I just wanna what the story behind the saucer.
Oct 12, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
Isn't she forgetting something? She said it was the fault of both the saucer and "that girl"... that probably means Noel doesn't it?
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Oct 12, 2014 11:08 AM

Jan 2013
i was expecting them to remember Nonoka.
i wonder if we are going to see the hanabi
Oct 12, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, this episode pretty much confirms that Noel is a ghost or something. I wouldn't be surprised if she was connected to the saucer, too.

It's not bad critically speaking, but personally I found the episode to be a bit boring. Maybe I'm just tired.
Oct 12, 2014 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
Well, this episode has raised more questions for me... like, why do people hate the saucer? What did it change (besides possibly bringing in tourists)? Why does nobody remember each other?

Still enjoying this series.
Oct 12, 2014 11:51 AM

Aug 2014
I have this strong painful feeling that byebye Saucer means byebye Noel.. ;_;'
Oct 12, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2013
Nice episode showing some character interactions (and a hint of drama) with each other. And I can almost feel that Anohana vibe again.

GIVE ME MORE OF THE FEELS

Free wallpaper
Oct 12, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 2014
Guess is Noel disappears when the saucer does once she grants their wishes. Hasn't shown Noel have contact with other people, so she is probably a ghost. Wonder if when the anti saucer girl said that it's all the saucer and that girls fault, which girl she's talking about. Doesn't no one remember the MC except the one that's ignoring her? How does MC remember Noel, but none of the other kids? Did Noel age though? Can't tell (same thing with anohana lol)
Oct 12, 2014 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
I'm really intrigued to find out what happened. Noel seems to have a connection with the saucer.
Noel is the cuttest! Yuzuki was very annoying but then I began to like her a bit more in the end of the episode. I don't think this is a great show so far but the mistery around this town and Noel will keep me watching for sure. :)
Oct 12, 2014 2:23 PM

Feb 2014
That thing is called a saucer? Maybe it's just what people call it, that's a strange name for that thing nonetheless.
Oct 12, 2014 2:30 PM

Jun 2013
well that was boring
Oct 12, 2014 2:43 PM

Jan 2013
That was kind of boring most of the episode.
Maybe it will get more exciting
Oct 12, 2014 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
Episode 2 mainly filled in a few details on a few more characters, but the mystery remains intact. Still no explanation of why headphones girl is so aloof, but Nonoka makes friends with Yuzuki and Koharu,

Yuzuki's revelation that the saucer has made the town change was intriguing.

I think it's obvious that Noel has some connection to the saucer, and her dialogue with Nonoka near the end of the episode was significant. What did she mean by saying the saucer would be leaving soon? Does Noel have some kind of obligation to fulfill regarding Nonoka and then she will depart?
Oct 12, 2014 3:09 PM

Oct 2013
Good, at least they talked about the saucer. I was starting to think that this might turn out to be the next Glasslip judging from that first episode. Show's still pretty damn boring though.
Oct 12, 2014 3:09 PM

Oct 2011
Super Saucer Buster has formed T_______T
Oct 12, 2014 4:46 PM
Nov 2010
they show noel being around the saucer hating girl int he next ep preview just saying.

I highly doubt she is a ghost/dead
Oct 12, 2014 4:56 PM

Jan 2011
AnimeFan500 said:
Super Saucer Buster has formed T_______T

Don't make me go down this road again ;_;! dat ending foreshadowing

won't deny episode wasn't to eventful though i expect it to start picking up once the "team" is together
Oct 12, 2014 5:08 PM

Jul 2014
I should quit reading stuff to avoid getting spoiled...

Anywho- NOEL IS SHO KYOT *ahem* Seems like no one except that headphones girl remembers Nonoka? Well that's a bit unexpected for me. Though I guess it's still acceptable since it's really hard to remember someone when you're still a kid.

I was expecting that the photo album Yuzuki found had something to do with Nonoka but *shrugs* Her eccentric attitude sure got me embarrassed just by watching them :'D

I'm still in rage mode 'cause the cutest thing ever => Noel had so less screen time in this-asdhakjshdmea *ahem*

Pretty much a promising episode overall. We get to know more about the new characters and new stuff about the saucer as well. I get the feeling that Nonoka's blindly saying that she wants to get rid of Noel for some reason. Welp, Noel was pretty much "Sure, just wait a little longer" and that just gave me the feels- Get ready to ride on the saucer going to feelsville-!

and this:
Zarkraz said:
Oct 12, 2014 5:11 PM
Oct 12, 2014 6:06 PM

Mar 2012
Sora no Method is definitely a world with no science.
Oct 12, 2014 6:26 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Well, damn! Yuzuki, calm down brother! Why so serious!?
Not sure why she dislikes the saucer so much. Of course, she gives the reason that "things" have changed since it appeared 7 years ago, but without knowing what they are in specifics, I can't really reason with her.
Personally, I think the saucer looks grand and could be a great attraction for the town if normal could see it too.

Aside that, nothing much has happened. Headphone girl is mean as hell! But I bet she'll become one of the most likable character in time.
Koharu on the other hand, is pretty friendly. I believe she can see the saucer too, since she asked Nonoka is she found the "Lost Child."
"Lost Child" is obviously Noel and probably the one behind casting the grand saucer.

Alright episode. Pacing is too slow. I still like the moe character designs. :3 . Of course, excluding that jerk looking guy called Souta. XD

Oct 12, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2012
Still boring as fuck.

New girl is obnoxious,especially her voice.

Not feeling anything for any of the characters and don't find them interesting at all.

Somewhat interested in what the saucer is all about?But think I might end up dropping this before they even get to explaining what it's about.I'll give this one more episode.
Oct 12, 2014 6:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hm must be just me who thinks that the flow of this is a little weird. It felt really weird and unnatural the way Yuzuki and Nonoka's friendship begins in this episode. Like a random girl goes up to Nonoka because she thinks that she can get someone who's not familiar with the town's situation and the saucer to be on her side and help her out. Supposedly they don't remember that they used to be friends a long time ago, so imo it's weird that Yuzuki is acting so familiar and pushy with Nonoka. Or am I just nitpicking...

Well I'm still interested in the saucer and also who or what Noel is. She does seem like a ghost since it looks like she hasn't grown all these years. Did Nonoka not notice this?
Oct 12, 2014 7:11 PM

Aug 2013
The saucer and that girl...Yuzuki's referring to Noel right? But I like Noel. Don't make her go :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 12, 2014 8:14 PM

Mar 2014
I have a feeling Noel is gonna somehow be connected with the saucer. It is odd that no one else thinks the saucer is strange though. I mean u would think it would be a pretty big deal and all.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 12, 2014 9:33 PM

Apr 2009
am I the only one who was disappointed with how much clothing they were wearing after they fell in the water?
Oct 12, 2014 10:00 PM

Apr 2012
Inb4 drama is introduced because Noel will most likely disappear along with the saucer.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 12, 2014 10:46 PM

Dec 2010
Well this was an interesting episode! Nice to see some of the other characters get fleshed out and expanded upon, even if its just a little bit.

This is the kind of show I enjoy, lots of mysteries but it appears normal on the surface. I wonder where the series will go from here?

Noel is still adorable!
Oct 12, 2014 11:21 PM
Mar 2014
As everyone mentioned, Noel is pretty cute. My gut feeling says that Noel and the Saucer are linked and that once she leaves, the saucer will disappear. What I'm more surprised about is that Souhra and Yuzuki don't seem to remember Nonoka at all. Guess it was such a long time back but I figured that they'll remember some faint memory but it seems that they all see her as a new person and not the same one they hung out with when they were younger. Wonder what other mysteries there are left to uncover.
Oct 12, 2014 11:24 PM
Nov 2013
Lol Yuzuki is Yui. Noel agreed to help get rid of the saucer but she is definitely involved with it. I can tell the ending of this series will be very heartbreaking :/ loved this episode. Very cute series so far.
Oct 13, 2014 12:40 AM

Mar 2012
The Saucer is quite mysterious, i hope it will be explain on later episodes.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

116 by SlammyHammy »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2014

97 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 4, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2014

64 by florin2v36 »»
Oct 4, 2022 5:28 AM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

118 by hacker09 »»
Jan 1, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

78 by Kanezushi »»
Apr 19, 2021 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.