Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 5, 2009 4:41 PM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
Wait!! Is Sawako gone a punch a bitch or is it just my idea? That would be something to see.
Anyway i kind of want to get out of this misunderstanding business. The whole thing is a little silly. I hope the story isn't consumed with Sawako getting in to misunderstandings the whole time.
Also do people get that troubled when someone they knew stops talking to them? Those girls only knew her for a few days and it seemed to me like they were worrying too much for someone they didn't knew that long.

I thought the same thing when she made a fist at the end. I feel that she is going to fight for them. The two girls will realize what Sawako has done and they will be friends again. Then again, the preview of next week's episode ended with the three in a dark classroom and things didn't seem to be going right.
Nov 5, 2009 7:06 PM

Sep 2009
Fighting is not entirely necessary but fighting for your friends, it is (in Sawako's situation).

I'm anxious to see the next episode.
Nov 5, 2009 8:05 PM

Feb 2009
Overloading of cuteness by Sawako X_X

I knew Sanada is a cool guy the first time I saw him!

I wonder what she look like when she's mad.
Nov 5, 2009 9:17 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah episode made me cry... :(
Sadako alone and depressed makes me sadder. At least Kazehaya is an amazing guy to watch closely for Sadako.
But leaving at a cliffhanger? I wonder if she is going to scream at the rude girls, punch them, or talk her usually quiet but powerful voice? o_o; lol
I WANT MORE NOW!!!
D:
O_O
Nov 5, 2009 9:29 PM

Mar 2009
I loved this ep XD

Next ep is the ep I've been waiting on forever!!!

Ryuu is so sexy!!!! <3

Nov 6, 2009 12:32 AM

May 2008
Fuck, I knew they were going to end the episode there, but I was hoping that they would
end this episode with the resolution of this. Arrrrgggghhhh, another week of waiting. ;_;
Nov 6, 2009 1:41 AM

Aug 2008
Once again I am brought to tears at certain parts, Sawako needs to be with her friends and smiling again!

and I guess i'll keep reading the manga again, as the suspense would otherwise KILL ME.

Nov 6, 2009 1:42 AM

Apr 2008
Cry in the middle of the exam o_o
Im amazed if ppl have time for that ... but should be fine for her since she is smart xD

Nov 6, 2009 5:00 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
Siva said:
noteDhero said:
I really liked this episode.

LOL.
When did I say that?

Anyways, the episode felt really useless more than half the time, since it was a re-treading of everyone brooding. Someting about Sawako annoyed me, but I don't remember. Despite all that, since it looks like Sawako's about to slap a bitch, I ended up liking this episode.
See? You just said it :D

Monad said:
Wait!! Is Sawako gone a punch a bitch or is it just my idea? That would be something to see.
I think you are expecting too much.

Monad said:
Also do people get that troubled when someone they knew stops talking to them? Those girls only knew her for a few days and it seemed to me like they were worrying too much for someone they didn't knew that long.
Watch everything again and come back.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 6, 2009 6:32 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Pretty slow episode but decent enough with more character development.....

noteDhero said:
Siva said:
noteDhero said:
I really liked this episode.

LOL.
When did I say that?

LOL indeed.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 6, 2009 7:42 AM

Apr 2009
Siva said:

Monad said:
Watch everything again and come back.

No, but I was wondering the same thing o.O
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 6, 2009 7:48 AM

Aug 2008
They've known each other longer. They did a bit of a time skip between one of the episodes. I think there was the first episode that happened before summer break, they had summer break, had some classes. I feel like we've gone at least 3 months since the show started. But I'm a litte unsure of the test schedule in Japan, so that may give more insight.
Nov 6, 2009 2:04 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
They've known each other longer. They did a bit of a time skip between one of the episodes. I think there was the first episode that happened before summer break, they had summer break, had some classes. I feel like we've gone at least 3 months since the show started. But I'm a litte unsure of the test schedule in Japan, so that may give more insight.

The first episode was near the summer. You forgot the date of library books said September so yeah it is 3 months.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 6, 2009 2:08 PM

Dec 2007
I cried up a bit during Sawako's cry in the classroom, and that scene is indeed sad. I’m glad Kazehaya saves her from depression, and she is able to move on. I already knew that cliffhanger will end there since I read the manga first, and it was very good and touching episode even though, the pacing is somewhat slow.
Nov 6, 2009 4:25 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:

Well, school year starts in spring in Japan instead of fall.....so exams after summer break is quite common. Their summer break is not as long anyway...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 6, 2009 4:45 PM

Dec 2008
I feel kinkda sad for that notebook scene with sadako´s friend TT_TT and the next episode looks so interesting a fight in the bathroom? D: yano and yoshida saving sadako I can´t wait for next episode XD!!!!
Nov 6, 2009 4:57 PM

Sep 2009
Right now I would opt for smashing my keyboard around and posting that as my response to this week's episode, but I'm not sure others would appreciate that very much.

fjdskalfj;dkla;sjf;klasdjflasd; OH WELL.

Holy macaroni, this show gets me so intensely absorbed each time it airs! I mean, it doesn't even feel like 23 minutes have passed once it's over. At this rate, I'm going to have to read the manga... and I really don't like going back and forth from anime to manga.

I'm so glad I ended up downloading this series just out of curiosity.
-
Nov 6, 2009 9:01 PM

Jun 2008
that was a good episode but it did feel like they dragged this rumor thing way longer than it had to be. I do like the confusion between all three girls and how the two come to realize how much they care about her. *awww*

The ending with the fist was awesome yet I doubt Sadako would be so bold as to hit one of them. The preview for next week looks like some more drama with a nice ending!
- Noblesse Oblige -

And I'm saying a prayer for the desperate heart's tonight

Nov 6, 2009 9:14 PM

May 2008
I loved this episode. Then again I love EVERY episode of this series so far <33

Nov 6, 2009 11:52 PM

Apr 2009
Kazehaya set Sawako sraight. Just what i wanted.
And the stupid bitches in the bathroom. I hope Yano and Chizu come in and put a stop to this bullying or better yet.. Sawako handles it herself.

I wanna get back to the beautiful flirting of Kazehaya and Sawako.. :(
Nov 7, 2009 2:43 AM

Jan 2009
Perfect, I loved the episode.
I hope sawako a slap in the face of that girl *.*
Kazehaya and Ryuu were great in this episode, every week I love this anime more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2009 3:43 AM

Nov 2007
This series outdoes itself each episode, I really look forward to the new episode coming out this week and this episode did not disappoint, the animation is also still at high quality standards and if it keeps up at this rate it may make my top 5 =]
Nov 7, 2009 4:34 AM

Jun 2008
it was ok. not as great as previous episodes but ok

not enuf kazehaya!!!!
Nov 7, 2009 2:00 PM

Jul 2006
Mamiko Noto is so melodramatic.
Nov 7, 2009 6:08 PM

May 2009
Those bitches are about to get their shit messed up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2009 7:21 PM

Aug 2008
Near the end of the episode I really wanted her to punch that girl. Eventhough I knew it would never happen. This little clash will help get the girls to understand each other again.

DKJ
Nov 7, 2009 7:22 PM

Jun 2007
Eh, it's all a bit too drawn out and melodramatic for my tastes. What could've been covered in one episode will now need a third, and all the crying over people that barely know each other, complete with flashbacks already, doesn't move me.

I still like it, and I'm not changing my 8/10 rating, but it's become rather boring after the first few fast-paced episodes. I'm kind of waiting for the ending section, which will no doubt contain the most drama, rather than getting into what's going on right now. I haven't read the manga, but these last few episodes have seemed to have one chapter pacing.
Nov 7, 2009 9:10 PM

May 2007
Sawaaaakooooo. <3<3<3<3<3<3 ;;;;;;;

Nov 7, 2009 10:39 PM

Nov 2007
Laevantein said:
Yano x Pin? anyone??
Oh, totally.

Chizu x Ryu ftw too. I'll be depressed if they don't end up together.

Gosh, that scene at the end. I'll cry tears of happiness if Sawako punches those bitches. But Sawako being Sawako, I doubt she will.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Nov 8, 2009 12:33 AM

Nov 2009
Feels like i was missing plots on episode 5.
Nov 8, 2009 3:26 PM
Apr 2009
Why is this anime so good?
Nov 8, 2009 3:36 PM

Nov 2009
Johnny04 said:
Why is this anime so good?

Watercolor type colors, story is preety good if you like drama, While inserting comedic moments
Nov 8, 2009 5:54 PM

Jun 2007
It isn't that good. The thing is, MAL is cleary ruled by deranged fangirls who cry over every little thing, and they're the reason it's so loved.

I want to slap them all. Hard. I cannot comprehend how anyone can be all 'OMG, WHEN IZ NEXT EPISODE!!1111!1???' when what's going to happen is painfully obvious. (Hint: Sawako will become friends with everyone again.)

...but, yeah, it having cute facial expressions, Pro. IG clearly putting effort into animating a decent shoujo and Noto voicing the lead probably all play a part in its rating.
Nov 8, 2009 7:14 PM
Nov 2009
I'm curious to see why not many have seen how this story arc is all too similar to Kare Kano, when Miyazawa receives similar kind of treatment to what Sawako is being put under, only to a less extreme.

Sawako will not duel, I think. It's not in her nature. But at the same time she won't immediately respond. She, Yoshida, Yano, and Kazehaya have to do a heart-to-heart before they can make their next move.

But one idea I have is that I see all the trouble caused is by jealous Kurumi next door.
Nov 8, 2009 8:33 PM

Oct 2007
Uggghhhhh I can't wait to see who spread the rumor... I keep thinking it's the character that Aya Hirano voiced... but it can't be! Aya would never voice a mean character... or would she?! D:

lololol....
Nov 9, 2009 4:02 AM

Jun 2007
neomo said:
I'm curious to see why not many have seen how this story arc is all too similar to Kare Kano, when Miyazawa receives similar kind of treatment to what Sawako is being put under, only to a less extreme.

I compared it to Kare Kano from the start, for differing reasons.

The way Sawako developed quickly from the get-go, with the pacing being fast, suggested, like in the case of Kare Kano, the story would be one where the lead couple grow as they spend time together.

I also feared it'd turn out just like Kare Kano, with the pacing going to hell as a result of the focus being switched from the main relationship and onto the female lead's friends after a strong opening. And, if episodes 3-5 are anything to go by, that's going to be the case.

Now that you've mentioned it, Sawako getting bullied because she's stealing the school hottie is very similar to what happened in Kare Kano, when its female lead got bullied for doing the same thing. The two characters differ greatly, but their situations don't.

So, yeah, Kimi ni = Kare Kano 2 up to yet, with some small differences.
Nov 9, 2009 12:19 PM

Nov 2008
Haha Pin is funny!! xD
blueswanNov 9, 2009 12:25 PM
Nov 9, 2009 2:57 PM
Nov 2009
Aionic said:
neomo said:

Now that you've mentioned it, Sawako getting bullied because she's stealing the school hottie is very similar to what happened in Kare Kano, when its female lead got bullied for doing the same thing. The two characters differ greatly, but their situations don't.

Kare Kano was in fact different, in that eventually the girls resolved their differences, swept away the rumors, even pleaded Miyazawa for forgiveness, and Miyazawa even made new friends out of it all.

We can only wait until tomorrow (the 10th is when it comes out there)
Nov 9, 2009 3:14 PM

Sep 2009
Simply perfect!
Nov 10, 2009 6:02 AM

Aug 2007
For me this ep was a bit boring. The ending was O.o. What will happen with Sawako?
Nov 10, 2009 7:33 AM

Jun 2007
minimiau said:
For me this ep was a bit boring. The ending was O.o. What will happen with Sawako?

What are you talking about? You're female - you're supposed to watch this with a tissue on hand, ready to cry into it. Why I don't know, but that seems to be the norm.
Nov 10, 2009 11:57 AM

Jan 2009
What? No cat fight? XD
ANYWAY~ I enjoyed this episode but it was a little boring-and it was obvious they were stretching this arc out. Good thing the characters are there to keep it entertaining.
Nov 10, 2009 5:10 PM

Jun 2008
BETCHU YOU WON'T HIT HER THOUGH

That was pretty intense, kind of teared up. Mooore!
Nov 10, 2009 11:58 PM

Dec 2007
I don't think it was all that boring though it did feel a bit stretched out. Damn you cliffhangers I HATE YOU SO MUCH.......Anyway I wonder whats going to happen in the next episode and maybe they'll finally get everything all cleared up.
Nov 11, 2009 8:35 AM

Jan 2009
Cliffhanger !!!

When i tought the problem would be resolved...
Nov 11, 2009 11:59 AM

Mar 2009
This anime is amazing its like watching scenes from my own life.

Nov 15, 2009 12:33 PM

Jan 2009
Some save her PLEASEE!!!

Nov 15, 2009 1:43 PM

Apr 2009
>_< Cry cry cry.
Nov 25, 2009 6:44 AM
May 2008
Sadako, slap the bitch!!!

Also, Chizuru's 666 T. \m/
Dead Account
Please Delete
Nov 27, 2009 2:32 PM

Aug 2009
Okay, so I guess those girls in the bathroom were the ones who spread the rumors about Sawako and others? I hope Yano and Yoshida will come and beat the crap out of those girls. Also, Sadako crying was sad indeed, and also when she was talking to Kazehaya.

Very good episode. Wonder what's going to happen in the next episode. GO SAWAKO, YOU GO GURL, PWN DEM BIOTCHES UP.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

190 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Apr 19, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.