Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 11, 2014 1:13 PM

Jun 2014
So far, this show has my favorite opening this season.
I really like the action and character design and the weapons. The art of this show is really cool.
The fan service gets in the way a bit though. I have high hopes for this one!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 11, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2010
It's fast passed but similar to the manga which is nice i hope they will keep it up.

Have to say that Tigre lived in a good looking house it's looked pretty unique like it was build with two bridges in it.
The anime army seems in trouble right now but a lot can still happen.
Oct 11, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah, I am currently past this part in the LN and dropping this for sure, because they keep shitting up the adaptation horribly. Its as if the writer/director of this forgot he has to adapt the LN and started to adapt equally as dumbed down manga version.

Whoever studio is adapting this should just go out of business.

1/5
Oct 11, 2014 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
Yeah, I am currently past this part in the LN and dropping this for sure, because they keep shitting up the adaptation horribly. Its as if the writer/director of this forgot he has to adapt the LN and started to adapt equally as dumbed down manga version.

1/5

You won't be missed.

The adaptation is fine.

Oct 11, 2014 1:32 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:

1/5

Where are you at in the LN?
Oct 11, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:

1/5

I agree at the light novel being far superior , but come on it's not that shitty.
at least we'll get some decent fanart. i really want some fanart for Ellen and Tigre
Oct 11, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2014
Newhopes said:
CookingPriest said:

1/5

You won't be missed.

The adaptation is fine.

madan's anime as a stand alone it might be decent but as an adaptation of the LN its far from being fine. When all world building, politics, economics and methodology is removed as well as for the most part removing the character development and character interactions that take place in the source material leaving the bare bones or even less to keep the story moving thats not fine. Also anime left a lot of questions that were not only answered in LN but in alot detail.
Oct 11, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2007
ikramit said:
Newhopes said:

You won't be missed.

The adaptation is fine.

madan's anime as a stand alone it might be decent but as an adaptation of the LN its far from being fine. When all world building, politics, economics and methodology is removed as well as for the most part removing the character development and character interactions that take place in the source material leaving the bare bones or even less to keep the story moving thats not fine. Also anime left a lot of questions that were not only answered in LN but in alot detail.

^This.

I am pretty sure no one should watch this for generic ecchi. , but because the setting and the way it all develops is fascinating. From what I hear that WAS the main selling point of the LNs and anime makes it look like "yet another one" of shallow generic harems that plague every season.
Oct 11, 2014 2:13 PM

May 2014
Catching an arrow with his hands, Tigre got some skills.

Good episode, looking forward to the next.
Oct 11, 2014 2:36 PM
Jul 2013
This episode was satisfying.

Tigre is such a badass. Stopping an arrow and then killing the soldier in a matter of seconds.. wow

I hate Titta. Period
Oct 11, 2014 2:50 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty entertaining for a harem, ecchi series

Actually the fan service isn't overwhelming at all

Oct 11, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2012
People that are complaining about the skipped scenes most of them were unnecessary and they want to interest new fans so the made the first ep end on a dramatic moment.

They are missing some of the details they made this LN stand out but this is the start of series wait till we are a bit more in as they want to make the start exciting to get new fans then they can hopefully expand the content.
Oct 11, 2014 3:52 PM

Mar 2012
Damn, we got a badass over here; Tigre straight-up caught an arrow and returned the favor. O.O Pretty solid episode overall, though Titta was hella annoying for me. Definitely liked the pacing more in this episode compared to the first one.
Oct 11, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode imo. Tigre with his fast reaction skills catching that arrow. Looking forward to the next episode.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 11, 2014 4:26 PM

Sep 2014
Anyone else find that guy with the dragon irritating as fuck? anyways good episode

but it makes me want to pull my hair out at how annoying that dude is.
Oct 11, 2014 4:27 PM

Nov 2013
That scene when he catches the arrow and shoots it back into the enemy's eye—fukin rekt
Oct 11, 2014 4:58 PM
Jul 2013
Him catching the arrow and killing that archer was so.... *jjaw drop*
Oct 11, 2014 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
Didn't Elen win prevously 5.000 vs 25.000 or so? Tigre and her are on the same side now, they got the advantage of knowing the terrain (well, not if she storms off without Tigre..), and they know the enemy is there, the enemy doesn't except resistance. The commander was already taking out, too..so where's the problem?

If all else fails behold the power of plot.
Oct 11, 2014 6:51 PM

Jul 2013
Tigre being pretty badass catching that arrow, as well as shooting at Zion's hand.
The new bow..huh. Looking forward to Tigre using that in battle.
Oct 11, 2014 7:18 PM

Aug 2013
So what happened to Zion? Did they corner him in Tigre's manor? I mean it's pretty much the only structure in that corner of the town so it's impossible to escape except of course if he jumped down the water. Capturing the enemy commander is tantamount to winning the battle so is Elen charging at the enemy simply to annihilate and clean up every single one of them?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 11, 2014 7:25 PM

Sep 2013
Now that was a far better episode. Totally awesome when he just grabs the arrow in mid-flight and instantly returns it right to the owners eye.
Oct 11, 2014 7:29 PM

Oct 2010
LN reader, here. Honestly forgot how must I despised Elen early on. Fairly impressive on my part.
Oct 11, 2014 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
Last season was "onii-sama", now "tigre-sama".

Nice episode, can't wait for the next one.
Oct 11, 2014 7:33 PM

Jun 2014
SandyBoi said:
Tigre being pretty badass catching that arrow, as well as shooting at Zion's hand.

Well this might help.
Oct 11, 2014 7:42 PM

Mar 2012
Amazing scene where Tigre shot the enemy's hand with an arrow, it was really epic.
Another amazing scene when Tigre catches the arrow and then shots the enemy's archer =D

CLBGM said:
Last season was "onii-sama", now "tigre-sama".

I don't think so, if you're meaning Tatsuya then there's no comparison possible between Tigre and him, Tatsuya is, almost literally, a god compared to everyone else in the anime, he's way too strong compared to the other characters unlike Tigre, there's a lot of characters stronger than Tigre, not that he's strong though, he's more like precise, intelligent and has good agility, he isn't powerful at all.

Pretty good episode, I started having high expectations because of this episode.
b1GZZOct 11, 2014 7:45 PM
Oct 11, 2014 8:05 PM

Feb 2014
Awesome episode. I wonder what's the secret about the dark bow.

Raised my score from 7 to 8. Wonder what's gonna happen next.
DoctaLinker
Oct 11, 2014 8:29 PM

Aug 2014
The first episode is rushed as fuck and now this? I can't keep up with the pace. There's also slight edition in the plot to made it goes faster. 12 episode.... Maybe it will end with Brune Civil wars? Well, if they don't skipped much, we might reach Asvarre arc.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Oct 11, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2011
P0K3Gaming said:

Hell yeah---! That scene was awesome, seriously. He caught the arrow and shot it right back!
I'm all for a strong MC. His personality works with it. :D
Oct 11, 2014 10:04 PM

Oct 2014
well he was about to assault her I was having visions of the SAO Fairy Arc ending... at least they didn't show any sexual assault (other than the clothes ripping part)
Oct 11, 2014 10:49 PM
Nov 2013
Epic episode. Tigre shooting that guy in the hand and catching an arrow was bad ass, he definitely slays with that bow. Titta is cute, but Elen is still best girl. Next episode should be very epic, I'm a sucker for series like this.
Oct 11, 2014 11:31 PM

Dec 2013
They definitely slowed down the pacing for this episode, which is a good thing.
As for the LN readers, I know a lot of you are pissed, but give the show a bit more time. Granted I too was pissed with the pacing for the first episode, but they sorta fixed it this time around. As for the world-building and politics/war strategies/tactics, given what they did with the flashbacks this episode round, I wouldn't be super surprised if we actually went back to all of that once this conflict is over, considering that the political and strategical side IS a huge part of what makes this LN so popular.

As for this episode, I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying it as much as I do. Loved the rape-block, and the "return arrow to sender" was a complete masterclass! That said, we didn't actually see any fighting yet, so next episode will be even more fun to watch. The Vorn heirloom just amped up Tigre's skills by like 10,000%. Can't wait to see him duke it out with the two dragons! XD

Next episode really can't come soon enough!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 12, 2014 12:32 AM

Oct 2013
Enjoyed this episode too, but is it bad when I read Tigre I think Tiger?
Oct 12, 2014 1:17 AM

Aug 2013
I like the plot of this anime, the main character also shows great potential, and the echhi is not forced or spoils the story
I'm getting more interested in history, maybe I start to read the LN ..
Oct 12, 2014 2:36 AM

Mar 2013
much better then the first episode,
more of Tigre skills with the bow and
we almost had a rape there.
Oct 12, 2014 3:46 AM

Mar 2008
You're the commander of a force of 3000. You've taken the town with little resistance and need to send a message, but the population has already run away, so what do you do?
A) Do something vicious like setting your dragon on them.
B) Leave your men behind and go househunting to get your kicks.
C) Rape the maid.

I really don't want to dislike this show, but if we're going to make the enemy a bunch of caricatures, it's going to be a rather dull story.
Oct 12, 2014 4:27 AM

Dec 2011
Being really good so far. Can't wait to see what he can do now that he has that black bow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2014 4:55 AM
Jan 2013
One 2nd in command girl, one maid, one lord, now all it needs now is a clumsy girl and Tigre's harem is complete.
Oct 12, 2014 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Oh! The small Nanoha...oops! The city's main character is saved! XD
Episode a bit slow, but it was not so inflated by fanservice, and the bad guy was a real bastard!
Drawings not bad, not exceptional in some places but not milamento much.
Good animations, Studio Satelight is doing a good job for now.
Good also the opening and the ending, nice OST.
Curious to see what combines our archer...
Oct 12, 2014 8:06 AM

Sep 2014
Ended up reading the entire manga yesterday after watching the episode...
Oct 12, 2014 8:29 AM

Jul 2007
DrArtorius said:

Read the light novel isntead. Manga is also an adaptation and ALSO a shitty one.
Oct 12, 2014 8:31 AM

Jun 2013
NOt as good as the first, but a decent episode :)
Oct 12, 2014 8:32 AM

May 2013
That ended quickly. I had hoped for something good. But it seems that out of the question. Anyway, Tigre managed to get there on time to save Titta. A thousand against three thousand. Seems legit.
Oct 12, 2014 9:08 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
DrArtorius said:

Read the light novel isntead. Manga is also an adaptation and ALSO a shitty one.

Will do later, I found the manga much better than the anime already, the novel should be awesome =)

[spoiler]But seriously, why would they not animate the "city date" part >.> ? Rim playing with the doll was so stupidly cute
Oct 12, 2014 11:51 AM

Jul 2007
DrArtorius said:
CookingPriest said:

Will do later, I found the manga much better than the anime already, the novel should be awesome =)

The LN goes far more indepth into what is going on why Tigre is even there. It takes what essentially looks like "generic ecchi set up" and gives it actual depth to the point that the whole world feels alive. If this was faithful LN adaptation, events of this episode would be somewhere around Ep 4 to 5.

Mod Edit: Fixed BBcode
ZelotOct 13, 2014 9:51 AM
Oct 12, 2014 4:24 PM

Sep 2013
This second episode is much more interesting than the first episode, so I'm optimistic it will get better. The first episode seemed so average and ordinary but this one had an interesting progression, with the whole defending his home town. The maid is so brave D: Holding down the fort ;_; Super cute!
Oct 12, 2014 6:19 PM

Jun 2008
This could have been better than the first episode if the maid didn't get so much time instead of Ellen.

Ckan said:
You're the commander of a force of 3000. You've taken the town with little resistance and need to send a message, but the population has already run away, so what do you do?
A) Do something vicious like setting your dragon on them.
B) Leave your men behind and go househunting to get your kicks.
C) Rape the maid.

I really don't want to dislike this show, but if we're going to make the enemy a bunch of caricatures, it's going to be a rather dull story.

I doubt that idiot is really what you will call the big enemy. His father seems more like it.
Oct 12, 2014 6:21 PM

Jan 2014
Okashi_sama said:
DeadZeroSource said:
I had to admit i was getting pissed-off to the part the maid almost got rape...then an arrow just suddenly got that asshole prick right in the hand, and not to mention that was pretty cool for him catching the arrow and returning it to the one who shot it..nice episode again...i hope that this keeps up..and maybe if i get impatient, i'll start reading the manga :D

try the novel if you gonna, it's way better.

thanks, i'll try reading the novel if i get motivated, it's just these days it's like i'm way too lazy if i don't watch or see illustrations (illustrating the actions) other than reading...
ikramit said:
Okashi_sama said:

try the novel if you gonna, it's way better.

Agreed read the LN if your going to its far better then the manga: https://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Madan_no_Ou_to_Vanadis:Volume01_Prologue

hey thanks for the link, and i'll bookmark it! :)

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ZelotOct 13, 2014 9:51 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Oct 12, 2014 7:16 PM

Mar 2008
Monad said:
I doubt that idiot is really what you will call the big enemy. His father seems more like it.
And that's a thankful thing. Hopefully it's not going to be an indicator of the level of things to come.
Oct 12, 2014 9:22 PM
Jun 2014
When why is anything like with episode 1..

Ellen if she dislike with Tigre, because Titta was shoot-an-arrow Tigre, he is left arm was bleeding?!! O_O
//it's not a real. NO OPPAIS AND NO PANTSUS ALLOWED!!
Roseanne Maceda
Oct 12, 2014 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
robis798 said:
I tend to dislike harems, but this one is kinda decent. At least it doesn't pretend it is something more *cough* Akame *cough*

Lol clearly you don't read the manga then. And also haven't been paying attention to any of the female characters behavior.

But that's ok. We need people like you to hate on popular things so then we can hate on you.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.