Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 17, 2014 1:54 PM
May 2013
omfg FINALLY!!

That is all I have to say.

FINALLY please just have them start dating in the next chapter.... please...
Oct 17, 2014 1:58 PM

Sep 2009
Finally she broke up with Kikuchi! I can't understand why it took her so long when clearly she didn't like him.
I hope their date goes well <3
Oct 17, 2014 2:53 PM
Sep 2013
it's christmas eve in the manga right?Kou should at least get a gift for her I mean cmon you have been working part time during the whole school year
Oct 17, 2014 3:29 PM
Jul 2013
I cried so much when she broke up with Kikuchi :'(
But I want her with Kou! But I feel sorry for Kikuchi!! Omg... why can't all of them be happy? Why does always someone gets hurt?
I mean... :( I can't even explain it! It's so frustrating! :<
Oct 17, 2014 6:49 PM

Jun 2008
I'm pretty sure shit is going to happen and more drama will arise when they "meet" HOWEVER! I'm just so fucking glad she broke up with that damn Touma.

I think Futaba is going to tell Kou that she likes him but can't date him yet. She needs time since she just broke up with Touma and it would seem bad. Very Strobe Edge like. Kou will probably just say he will wait for as long as she needs.

If Kou messes this up it's over, no way will he get her back. I guess this is do or die for him.
Oct 17, 2014 8:18 PM

Aug 2011
Mirianime said:
I cried so much when she broke up with Kikuchi :'(
But I want her with Kou! But I feel sorry for Kikuchi!! Omg... why can't all of them be happy? Why does always someone gets hurt?
I mean... :( I can't even explain it! It's so frustrating! :<

In a sense, I do feel bad for Touma, but at the same time, I don't.

Futaba has harbored feelings for Kou for the longest time, and with such longevity, surely it'd be difficult to erase such feelings from within. Touma should've known it wouldn't have been easy to win Futaba's heart no matter how tenacious he was.

Hopefully Kou will not screw it up this time, though. He's more steadfast this time around, and I'm glad he's finally realizing how much he really cares. Like Testament956 said above, it's either do or die.
Oct 17, 2014 9:12 PM
Aug 2013
FINALLY THAT DANG FREAKING TOUMA IS OUT OF HERE. OH MY GOSH I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY!
He's gone. She broke up with him. Finally. Finally. Finally. Oh happy days are here again! I feel like I just lost twenty pounds.
I thought something like this was going to take another ten chapters, but I've been pleasantly surprised. Futaba and Kou quickly made up their minds.

Things that could go wrong:
Kou/Futaba get injured
One of them somehow looses confidence and chickens out
Sankaku park is closed
Kou runs one minute late and Futaba immediately looses hope and runs off crying
They meet but things don't work out, someone they know bumps into them and they can't talk
More misunderstandings about the past
And a whole load of other crap...

Let's hope none of the above happen.
Also, thank you Yuri, you told her.
Ok, so, Touma got his punishment...where's Shuuko's? I will never forgive her. She needs to redeem herself somehow.

We've gotten this far..let's hope it's all downhill from here. If there is one more freaking problem I am going to rip out my hair.
Oct 18, 2014 12:17 AM

May 2009
Gwaaaaa... :'(

I like Touma.. but yeah.. even he knew it just won't work if Kou is around. Even I never noticed that she never did say "I like you" to him. Ah.. that must hurt. Oh, Touma, I hug you!!
I really wonder what his lyrics are.. damn.

But 7pm, Sankaku Park, by the clock! - it seems ominous. :( Kou BETTER show up, and not be dragged into some shit. If he has to be dragged into some shit, it can be AFTER he meets her up. But damn you Kou, you BETTER make it there on time!! GRRRR!!!

After Bokura ga Ita and Peach Girl.. another missed meeting due to 'circumstances' is REALLY gonna piss me OFF.
>.<
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Oct 18, 2014 12:41 AM

Mar 2012
Is the manga ending soon?
Oct 18, 2014 5:59 PM

May 2012
I kinda don't care anymore -_- I don't feel anything about this... I lost interest in Kou since he was being a pussy, then Kikuchi didn't give such an impact. So I'm so sad that even this happened, I wasn't happy nor sad about this :( I really loved this manga before </3
Oct 19, 2014 10:23 AM

Jun 2008
I kind of get the feeling that Touma isn't out of the picture just yet, hope I'm wrong but it just feels like any little thing can send Futaba right back to him =___=

And I doubt he's going to give up just like that, I'm sure he is still going to try to win her heart regardless with the break up.
Oct 19, 2014 6:19 PM

Mar 2012
Smooched said:
Is the manga ending soon?

I was kinda wondering that myself with the way this chapter ended. The way this is wrapping up, I would've figured the next chapter is the final one...although, who knows...they'll probably find some way to drag this out more (which I hope they don't).
Oct 19, 2014 6:43 PM
Nov 2012
I don't have much empathy for either main character right now; they remind me of Daisy and Tom from The Great Gatsby:

“They were careless people, Tom and Daisy- they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made.”

Futaba and Kou both hurt other people who didn't deserve to be hurt, with their own indecisiveness, dishonesty, immaturity, and selfishness.

But the discussion here is what's really depressing. Rather than seeing that, people are siding with them and blaming the victims. For example every little picayune thing that people perceive Touma did wrong--"he *manipulated* her!" "he forced her!" (regardless of how questionable those statements are)--is reason to hate him; but Kou can play his self-absorbed emo d-bag routine to the bitter end while openly manipulating Futaba times eleven--and everyone fist-pumps and goes awwww.

It's an interesting insight into the mind of a typical shojo manga reader, I guess, and it's quite frightening. But I guess that's what I get wading into a title not aimed at my demographic.
Oct 19, 2014 7:01 PM

Jul 2013
tcfenstermaker said:
I don't have much empathy for either main character right now; they remind me of Daisy and Tom from The Great Gatsby:

“They were careless people, Tom and Daisy- they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made.”

Futaba and Kou both hurt other people who didn't deserve to be hurt, with their own indecisiveness, dishonesty, immaturity, and selfishness.

But the discussion here is what's really depressing. Rather than seeing that, people are siding with them and blaming the victims. For example every little picayune thing that people perceive Touma did wrong--"he *manipulated* her!" "he forced her!" (regardless of how questionable those statements are)--is reason to hate him; but Kou can play his self-absorbed emo d-bag routine to the bitter end while openly manipulating Futaba times eleven--and everyone fist-pumps and goes awwww.

It's an interesting insight into the mind of a typical shojo manga reader, I guess, and it's quite frightening. But I guess that's what I get wading into a title not aimed at my demographic.

Who exactly are their "victims"? Narumi and Touma? You mean the people who said "you 2 like each other, well fuck that shit ima get mine!" You have a rather bleak outlook on the leads considering you know, your dealing with teenagers who are by definition immature and inexperienced so yes everyone knows mistakes have been made (which if you actually paid attention to what people have been saying over the course of the manga you would know involves a lot of criticism aimed at both the leads at various times). Your also kind of over dramatizing the whole thing like they left some wake of emotional destruction behind them, which they didn't.
Oct 19, 2014 7:37 PM

Jun 2014
Once I finished chapter 45, can't wait to read 46.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2014 8:05 PM
Nov 2012
Aerensianic said:

Who exactly are their "victims"? Narumi and Touma? You mean the people who said "you 2 like each other, well fuck that shit ima get mine!"

No, I mean the two people who said, "you two aren't going anywhere with each other, because you can't express yourselves, so how about we try?" and they said, "ok."

Aerensianic said:

You have a rather bleak outlook on the leads considering you know, your dealing with teenagers who are by definition immature and inexperienced so yes everyone knows mistakes have been made (which if you actually paid attention to what people have been saying over the course of the manga you would know involves a lot of criticism aimed at both the leads at various times). Your also kind of over dramatizing the whole thing like they left some wake of emotional destruction behind them, which they didn't.

Eh, reading the comments here and elsewhere where people want to "burn them with fire" and act like they did nothing but perform some cosmic cock-block of destiny, I'd say it's everyone else who's "over dramatized the whole thing." Look at the comments above about Touma: "hahaha, I want to see him cry."

And don't be insulting and say "if you actually paid attention to what people have been saying." I have, I've seen criticism of the leads, but it's weak, and in the end, the readers are quick to forgive their foibles, root for them, and ultimately blame the other characters. (In any case there's no need to be rude to me or anyone else on this board with comments like that.)

My own personal experiences make it easier for me to empathize with the secondary characters; and isn't that what a good story should do--allow different readers to take different things from the story? And so I'm not surprised people still like the leads, but I am surprised at how much vitriol they pour on the others, and how few commenters seem to stick up for them.
Oct 19, 2014 8:07 PM

Mar 2014
LittleStar said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
7 o'clock
At Sankaku Park…
By the clock!!

Finally! No more Touma or Narumi to get in the way o/
Oct 19, 2014 8:25 PM

Sep 2010
tcfenstermaker said:

Even though Kou annoyed the crap out me sometimes, I don't think that they are really like Daisy and Tom. I mean, Touma was aware of Futaba's feelings from the start and he still tried to change her and become her boyfriend, he knew he was going to get hurt. I still pity him and I believe that he deserves to be happy (I hope he will) BUT it is obvious that Futaba and Kou can't be without each other.

Anyway, I also hope that the manga will end with the next chapter or soon afterwards. I get sick of drama even though I'm a shoujo fa, ironic I guess.
Oct 19, 2014 8:35 PM

Feb 2012
I'm in total shock of this chapter...
I have no words... I feel so bad for Touma...
And on the other hand, I feel good for Kou...
FUCK MY LIFE.
Oct 19, 2014 10:47 PM

Oct 2013
YUUUUUUUSSSS
Oct 20, 2014 12:35 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow. This chapter. Just wow. So much I want to say, but I kind of forgot about most of them lol. Well first and foremost, FUCK YEAH KOUTABA <3 Also, Sakisaka has just once again made me respect her. Although Touma was kind of an annoying character and not the best person ever, he was redeemed (not fully but enough) when he acknowledged that a weight has been lifted from his shoulder, that he knew he had backed Futaba into a corner this whole time. It's always nice to see when a character realizes they were in the wrong, at least Touma got character development. The break up wasn't heartbreaking, but relieving for the most part, and both characters can learn from this experience.

Another reason why I absolutely love Sakisaka is because I really like the dialogue and the thoughts. The way feelings are conveyed. When Futaba was explaining to Touma why it had to be Kou, it felt realistic and also like true love. She knows Kou is not perfect, but she wants to stay with him and doesn't want to miss out on his changes. That's more than just a simple, I love you, but it shows that Futaba wants to be with Kou for a long time to come.

Yuuri was also awesome in this chapter. She was right, and even Futaba finally came to the conclusion herself; that after all this, Futaba shouldn't have to care about what others might think. It's her life and she was the one who broke up with Touma because she realized that she still loves Kou, meaning she was already ready to move on. Ugh that last scene was beautiful, like someone else said, it was poetic. Back to the beginning, to where it ended before it could began.
Oct 20, 2014 12:39 AM

Sep 2010
Guys... you're killing me... so many feels~

Oct 20, 2014 5:47 AM

Aug 2014
THIS IS UNFAIR.
Oct 20, 2014 7:00 AM

Jul 2013
tcfenstermaker said:
Aerensianic said:

Who exactly are their "victims"? Narumi and Touma? You mean the people who said "you 2 like each other, well fuck that shit ima get mine!"

No, I mean the two people who said, "you two aren't going anywhere with each other, because you can't express yourselves, so how about we try?" and they said, "ok."

Aerensianic said:

You have a rather bleak outlook on the leads considering you know, your dealing with teenagers who are by definition immature and inexperienced so yes everyone knows mistakes have been made (which if you actually paid attention to what people have been saying over the course of the manga you would know involves a lot of criticism aimed at both the leads at various times). Your also kind of over dramatizing the whole thing like they left some wake of emotional destruction behind them, which they didn't.

Eh, reading the comments here and elsewhere where people want to "burn them with fire" and act like they did nothing but perform some cosmic cock-block of destiny, I'd say it's everyone else who's "over dramatized the whole thing." Look at the comments above about Touma: "hahaha, I want to see him cry."

And don't be insulting and say "if you actually paid attention to what people have been saying." I have, I've seen criticism of the leads, but it's weak, and in the end, the readers are quick to forgive their foibles, root for them, and ultimately blame the other characters. (In any case there's no need to be rude to me or anyone else on this board with comments like that.)

My own personal experiences make it easier for me to empathize with the secondary characters; and isn't that what a good story should do--allow different readers to take different things from the story? And so I'm not surprised people still like the leads, but I am surprised at how much vitriol they pour on the others, and how few commenters seem to stick up for them.

Kou never said ok to Narumi and Touma pressured her heavily into agreeing to date him based off the possibility that one day she might come to like him.

And if you want to talk about insulting, lets bring up your initial comment which basically calls the majority of people reading this manga "frightening" as you write a comment that basically is condescending towards everyone who roots for the leading couple to actually become a couple.
Oct 20, 2014 6:55 PM
Aug 2013
tcfenstermaker said:

Everyone else has pretty much said everything, but I was trying to understand your viewpoint. Futaba and Kou didn't drag Yuri and the other two into their problems, they got involved because they are all friends. Narumi and Touma confronted their crushes first. Futaba and Kou didn't seek them out. The trouble you're speaking of started with how they dealt with Touma and Narumi though. Now, before I go on, I'll say this, I won't really be able to sympathize with either Narumi or Touma. They were both willingly trying to fight against unrequited love. Maybe I'm just a looser, but when my one friend and I liked the same person, and I realized that person liked my friend and not me, I backed down. There was no freaking reason to fight over it. Sure, my situation had a different background then Touma and Narumi's backgrounds, but it's still the same general set up. Clearly, both of these characters had some serious stubborn strength here. But they knew they were getting in the way. But really, the way they handled it wasn't good. The way everyone handled everything wasn't good. As far as that goes, I am equally angry at every character. But there's one big difference...by this point we had already gotten to know the two mains, unlike Touma and Narumi. Honestly, who are we going to root for in the end? The characters we've known, or the ones we just got to know...It isn't that hard.
And about the Kou manipulation thing. I guess you could say he had been manipulating Futaba, but not with bad intentions. He didn't know that in the near future he was going to reject her. He was probably thinking of confessing or accepting or something.
Well, that was a long response. That's all.
SilvertideOct 20, 2014 7:00 PM
Oct 21, 2014 4:17 AM

May 2014
If this meeting doesn't happen I'm going to freak out. I've waited much too long for this stupid Touma situation to get resolved and for Futaba and Kou to confront each other. I pray to all the manga gods that the mangaka will not screw up this next chapter.
Oct 21, 2014 7:15 AM

Jul 2010
Revetia said:
If this meeting doesn't happen I'm going to freak out. I've waited much too long for this stupid Touma situation to get resolved and for Futaba and Kou to confront each other. I pray to all the manga gods that the mangaka will not screw up this next chapter.

If the meeting fails, it will be Futaba that fails to get there this time, since the invitation was from her this time. It would be poetic justice... but I wouldn't like it. In my opinion, if that happens, that means they are trying to milk as much money out of this manga as possible.
Oct 21, 2014 1:37 PM
Aug 2013
Revetia said:

I was thinking that instead of making them not meet, they'll make us wait a bunch of chapters with fillers or something and kill our patience. x.x
Oct 21, 2014 6:21 PM
Nov 2012
My view is this: Touma was the most emotionally mature of anyone in this manga, save for his insecurity, which turned out to be well-founded anyway. He stated what he wanted clearly and without pretense. He was not "manipulative," as that would imply he was dishonest. He didn't "force" Futaba to do anything other than give him an answer. She could have said no. To suggest otherwise is to say she can't think for herself.

He did know he was taking a gamble that he might not replace Kou in her heart. He lost that bet, so I don't necessarily feel he was wronged, but I still feel sad for him, as I do anyone who loses a bet. But that's what happens when you gamble. If he can't bounce back from it he shouldn't have taken that chance, but we'll see in future chapters if that's that's so. In any case nothing he did so-far warrants the kind of responses here: "Thank God that creepy manipulative stalker is gone, I hope he cries when he sings that song he wrote for her, bwahahaha!"

Contrast this with the response readers have to Kou, who from my perspective has done nothing the entire story except say to Futaba, "You know I'm hot, I'll do what I want with you, when I want." I find him irredeemably self-absorbed and immature, to the point where I wish someone WOULD give him a Gatsby send-off; but the same readers who think Touma is awful love this guy. Given that the nice guy is somehow "evil" and the worthless putz is somehow "beautiful," maybe people can see why I find these comments "frightening."

I agree that Narumi is more ambivalent, since we hardly saw her anyway, and when we did, she was more "manipulative" by engineering situations to force her preferred outcome, rather that just being honest. But since Kou made it clear he always saw through her ploys, it proves they were meaningless anyway; he made the choice to stay with her regardless.

Anyway, thanks for the good conversation everyone. We'll see what happens next month. Who knows, maybe Touma will show up with a big knife and give everyone the Nice Boat ending, and you'll all be vindicated in your hatred.
Oct 21, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
^ You would be right if Kou hadn't for like 90% of the manga tried to avoid doing anything. He basically just wanted to be left alone to wallow in his misery over his family situation. Futa forced him out of that, typical teenager stuff to be somewhat self absorbed with your problems. Kou's braindead aspect came mostly after the whole Narumi thing because he handled it pretty badly. There is no reason he had to reject Futa because he committed to supporting Narumi in her own struggle with depression/grief.

Touma definitely was actively manipulating the situation to get the highest chance of a "yes" from Futa, he was basically peer pressuring her to date him and her weak individual character and overconcern for others made her cave. He used the pressure point of Kou to lower her defenses to get the answer he wanted. Touma's real "eh" moments came once the relationship was started. He was possessive and everytime he talked to Kou he had to make it a pissing contest to let Kou know that she was his, as if she were some object that Kou can't "play" with anymore. This comes partially from Touma not knowing the actual circumstances but he also knew what he was doing and the ethical grey area it encompassed (he directly said as much). Kou was very blahzee towards everyone and didn't actually take any action until he woke up and started to move past his gloomy phase and realized how important Futa was to him, up until then he pretty much was passive towards everything that had to do with human relationships.
Oct 22, 2014 2:10 AM

Sep 2008
I have feeling like some Touma's supporters read AHR like "blah blah blah You're amazing Yoshioka-san, blah blah blah", "blah blah blah I like you, Yoshioka-san blah blah blah", "blah blah blah Be my girlfriend blah blah blah" ignoring/skipping scenes like "Even if she is heartbroken, I don't care I will be bad guy if I use her broken heart to convince her to be with me", "I know I forced you into this relationship", "We can talk about everything with the exception of breaking up" etc.

Even when Sakisaka-san through Touma will say "Actually I don't really cared that Yoshioka-san love Mabuchi and if I don't forced her into relationship with me she would never give me a chance, because she never liked me in romantic way. I wanted be with her even if this means this will be bad for Futaba, I don't care, I don't want lose with Mabuchi" and people will still fangirling and scream how cute, sweet and perfect boyfriend he is and they want such guy in real life.

They can see Kou and Futaba's mistakes and ignore all other things that explain their actions and behavior, but they can't even see in this chapter when Touma admitted feels relieved after thir break up.
LittleStarOct 22, 2014 2:15 AM
Oct 22, 2014 6:50 AM
Nov 2012
LittleStar said:

They can see Kou and Futaba's mistakes and ignore all other things that explain their actions and behavior, but they can't even see in this chapter when Touma admitted feels relieved after thir break up.

Or, from my perspective, he took a gamble. Have you ever taken a chance? Once you do it can be stressful, especially if it's not working out. That would explain his relief. Also, again, I don't think he was ever manipulative. He was direct and clear. Manipulation implies dishonesty. And he didn't force anything. She could have always said "no," which she eventually did, even when he said she couldn't (which he said I knowing it was in vain, since he knew that was exactly what she was going to do). And he handled it well; no screaming name-calling nonsense.

Just a more nuanced perspective on his character that I feel the author deserves credit for. If she'd wanted someone clearly bad, she'd have made him more of a caricature. I can appreciate that for what it is, just as I find the leads less that fully lovable. It's a good story with very real characters.
Oct 22, 2014 7:55 AM

Sep 2008
Sakisaka-san herself write that she likes Touma's cunning,
if author said it, then why I reader can think that guy is honest and cute.

Touma knew that Futaba slipped out from trip with Kou and she feel bad because of it
and what Touma done? He pretended that he don't know about it and act like caring boyfriend, which made Futaba felt more worse and he start to blame for herself that everything bad had happened to her the result of this.

I could understand that Touma feel hurt and don't wanted to talk about it,
but he could say something like "I know, but I don't want talk about it now"
or just let her know that he find out about it.

And he didn't force anything.

Chapter 42 "Even when you accepted my confession. I knew that you were still confused. I was aware that I forced (Then be my girlfriend) your during your confusion".

When he invited her on his concert he said "I write song about you! My parents said if I get bad grades I will can't play in band, solearned a lot, because I really want Yoshioka-san heard my song! So will you go on my concert?".

I don't know this is really over for Touma and he will never see him again trying to mess with Koutaba ship.

Maybe Touma handled it well...
or there will be like always where with Futaba is like "Hahahaha! Don't worry about it"
and in next chapter show up his true face when he is with Kou and his friends.
Oct 22, 2014 11:40 AM
Nov 2012
LittleStar said:
Sakisaka-san herself write that she likes Touma's cunning,
if author said it, then why I reader can think that guy is honest and cute.

Touma knew that Futaba slipped out from trip with Kou and she feel bad because of it
and what Touma done? He pretended that he don't know about it and act like caring boyfriend, which made Futaba felt more worse and he start to blame for herself that everything bad had happened to her the result of this.

I could understand that Touma feel hurt and don't wanted to talk about it,
but he could say something like "I know, but I don't want talk about it now"
or just let her know that he find out about it.

And he didn't force anything.

Chapter 42 "Even when you accepted my confession. I knew that you were still confused. I was aware that I forced (Then be my girlfriend) your during your confusion".

When he invited her on his concert he said "I write song about you! My parents said if I get bad grades I will can't play in band, solearned a lot, because I really want Yoshioka-san heard my song! So will you go on my concert?".

I don't know this is really over for Touma and he will never see him again trying to mess with Koutaba ship.

Maybe Touma handled it well...
or there will be like always where with Futaba is like "Hahahaha! Don't worry about it"
and in next chapter show up his true face when he is with Kou and his friends.

Touma saying he "forced" her means he pushed, not gave her a no-win set of options that ensured he got his way. That's what I think of as "forced." We're reading a translation anyway.

Also I never really concern myself with what an author ever says about his or her story or characters. If they have something to say, they should say it with their writing. If I get something else out of it that I find interesting than what they intended, they should be flattered. Anyway, "cunning" isn't an evil trait (assuming that's the word the author used; again, we're in translation). He is cunning. He knows what he wanted and did his best to get it. That is not the same as being "manipulative" and it is not dishonest.

His "fault" was his insecurity which is clearly stated as the reason he couldn't bring himself to talk to her about her leaving that weird fake Dutch park with Kou. That is a more honest reason than if he didn't address it because he was "testing" her. But he did handle it poorly, I agree. He knew it was the beginning of the end-game and he didn't want to face it. However, I can empathize.

Unless and until something different happens, I'm not convinced that he's bad; and I'm not convinced that Kou is anything other than a self-absorbed attention whore.

Which brings me around to my original point anyway, which wasn't about how great a guy Touma is: it was to say I've lost almost all empathy with the main characters (particularly Kou).
Oct 26, 2014 12:42 AM

Feb 2013
They've to meet this time or else >.<!!!
Oct 27, 2014 1:13 PM

Dec 2011
Wow now this is getting so damn dragged out. I'm guessing other chapter will end in them meeting by the park and the the chapter after that will be an actual confession. Ugh.
Oct 27, 2014 3:54 PM

Oct 2011
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! THAT'S ALL THAT I WANTED!
Ok, it would be great if one freaking time everything goes smoothly. I have high hopes for this!
Oct 29, 2014 10:21 AM

Sep 2013
FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY~~~!

It has been quite an aggravating ride. We have finally arrived at our destination.
I like how Yuuri realized Futaba needed to make her own decisions and not worry about what other people thought. Really ties back nicely to the beginning of the manga.

Kou <3
Nov 3, 2014 8:38 PM
Jul 2012
jose21 said:
pikalatte said:

Okay, from a girl's perspective/experience I totally understand Futa's words right now. I mean, right when she's closing the distance between Kou, she moves on to Touma, then suddenly back to Kou? There has to be more time in between...getting into another relationship in less than a a few days just justifies the time the guy in Ch 44 called her a "bitch" when in the Japanese culture, he called her a slut.

I kind of understand that, what I am angry is that when she said that, it was basically the same situation as strobe edge(previous mangaka's work).
Anyway, if she goes immediately back to Kou can't she really be judge by anybody. I mean, she was forced into that relationship, and Touma even recognize it himself. I am sure his friends might have known as well a little bit of the situation, is not like they didn't know Futaba was in love with Kou. It was Touma's friends who even suggested him that after she got "rejected" it was his time. HOW COME NOW THAT SHE CAN FINALLY BE HAPPY, SHE HAS TO TAKE SOME TIME, BUT SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO IMMEDIATELY FALL FOR TOUMA?....HOW COME TOUMA COULDN'T GIVE HER SOME TIME, AND ULTIMATELY PUSH HER TO DATE HIM, BUT NOW, IT WOULD BE WRONG OF HER TO GO BACK TO KOU? I just can't understand that. I mean, IMO it would be very hypocritical for Touma's friends to criticize her for going back to the guy they knew she loved, when they were the ones that suggested to Touma to take the opportunity immediately after she got "rejected."

pikalatte said:

So sadistic @___@;; But I just really wanted it to fast forward to the live show because seeing Touma perform would be at least be a grand finale of his appearance.

I never liked Touma, so I couldn't care less, but something like that happened in another manga where I actually liked that character, and it was a really moving scene.

ok so once again from a girl perspective, sure the guy you previously liked does things to confuse your heart and what not, but if this was going to happen, which we all knew would even if we shipped her with toma, i think she shouldnt have gone out with toma in the first place, even if she was at her weakest when she was rejected.
Personally i think she should have stayed with toma because thats really what highschool love is about, she was rejected and this, to me, should have been more of a story where she moves on, they as a couple seemed much more fitting that kou who constantly was a dissapointment to her so now that he realized his feelings he has no right to come between them. i think she's just confused again because the guy she liked before likes her now.
what bothers me most was that she was so quick to date toma when she was rejected and now shes quick to break up with him because kou likes her and is expressing it. i agree with tomas friend, what a bitch.
nothing wrong with being a bitch, a woman has that choice
Nov 7, 2014 4:32 AM

Nov 2012
bumcakee said:
i think she shouldnt have gone out with toma in the first place, even if she was at her weakest when she was rejected.

I completely agree with that, but I just can't completely blame it all on her or Kou. IMO There is really no reason to feel sorry for Touma or to think of him as their victim who hurt cause of them. I mean the guy knew what he was getting into. Touma knew she was at her weakest after being rejected and even push her to date him which is not a really nice thing to do a girl. I would have liked if she would have been stronger, and just plainly told him to go away, but that is just her character, and I assume that if Touma was so in love with her as he said he was, then he should have been aware of that.

bumcakee said:
Personally i think she should have stayed with toma because thats really what highschool love is about, she was rejected and this, to me, should have been more of a story where she moves on, they as a couple seemed much more fitting that kou who constantly was a dissapointment to her so now that he realized his feelings he has no right to come between them. i think she's just confused again because the guy she liked before likes her now.

If she would have grown some feelings for him, I guess that should have been alright. However, she never liked him in that way, and never really gave him any hope that she might come to like him. Even Touma mentioned on this chapter that she has never told him that she liked. So staying with him just cause she got hurt by the guy she still loves, and without even liking him, IMO that would make her more of a bitch to both guys. To Kou for trying to get back at him, in a very childish way, and to Touma for using him for her revenge.

bumcakee said:
what bothers me most was that she was so quick to date toma when she was rejected and now shes quick to break up with him because kou likes her and is expressing it. i agree with tomas friend, what a bitch.

Just like I said before, I just can't really blame it all on her. It was Touma who couldn't wait and told her to give him an answer immediately.
IMO what Touma's friend said was both right and wrong at the same time. It's a bit hard to really say whether he was right or wrong because it can be little bit hypocritical.
As Touma's friend, he is kind of right because, sure she is dating my friend, but she likes other guy, and is around that other guy, She is a bitch.
But if he were to consider Futaba's position, well she was push to date Touma, she has never really give Touma any hope aside from pushing herself to try to be a good girlfriend. I would actually feel sorry for her since she must be a little miserable liking other guy, but staying with my friend cause she trying not hurt him.
I don't think she was that quick in breaking up with him. I think she should have done it sooner, and waiting more time would just hurt Touma more. I think the main issue here is whether she will be too quick to date Kou, now that she can. But I guess:

bumcakee said:

LOL, can't argue with that.
jose21Nov 7, 2014 4:38 AM
Nov 8, 2014 2:31 AM

Jan 2014
so Futaba's fun with Touma ends here huh? and she'll go to Kou again... it's just that in these shoujo mangas the girl is the only one having fun... gets tossed around from guy to guy.... making them seem like a slut/bitch
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Nov 8, 2014 10:49 AM

Jul 2013
I wouldn't call Futaba's time with Touma fun. It was mostly anxiety and guilt for her while in that relationship.
Nov 8, 2014 6:16 PM

Jan 2014
Aerensianic said:
I wouldn't call Futaba's time with Touma fun. It was mostly anxiety and guilt for her while in that relationship.

that's her fault for being too indecisive and jumping ahead into conclusions, like how she assumed that Kou is already dating Narumi...
oh btw tvtropes.org described her that she has a cheating heart... which totally makes her an indecisive girl..
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/AoHaruRide
DeadZeroSourceNov 9, 2014 1:09 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Nov 9, 2014 2:56 AM

Sep 2008
DeadZeroSource said:
Aerensianic said:

that's her fault for being too indecisive and jumping ahead into conclusions, like how she assumed that Kou is already dating Narumi...
oh btw tvtropes.org described her that she has a cheating heart... which totally makes her an indecisive girl..
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/AoHaruRide

Maybe some butthurt fan added it.
Nov 11, 2014 2:13 PM

Jul 2012
lol i caught up wow

I love Touma more than the other male characters, but it's about damn time. I was waiting for them to finally split up and for Futaba to go back to who she belongs with and is the most happiest with. All I hope is for this manga to end nicely now, without any more drama. lol
Nov 12, 2014 12:07 AM
Jul 2012
jose21 said:
bumcakee said:
i think she shouldnt have gone out with toma in the first place, even if she was at her weakest when she was rejected.

I completely agree with that, but I just can't completely blame it all on her or Kou. IMO There is really no reason to feel sorry for Touma or to think of him as their victim who hurt cause of them. I mean the guy knew what he was getting into. Touma knew she was at her weakest after being rejected and even push her to date him which is not a really nice thing to do a girl. I would have liked if she would have been stronger, and just plainly told him to go away, but that is just her character, and I assume that if Touma was so in love with her as he said he was, then he should have been aware of that.

bumcakee said:

If she would have grown some feelings for him, I guess that should have been alright. However, she never liked him in that way, and never really gave him any hope that she might come to like him. Even Touma mentioned on this chapter that she has never told him that she liked. So staying with him just cause she got hurt by the guy she still loves, and without even liking him, IMO that would make her more of a bitch to both guys. To Kou for trying to get back at him, in a very childish way, and to Touma for using him for her revenge.

bumcakee said:

Just like I said before, I just can't really blame it all on her. It was Touma who couldn't wait and told her to give him an answer immediately.
IMO what Touma's friend said was both right and wrong at the same time. It's a bit hard to really say whether he was right or wrong because it can be little bit hypocritical.
As Touma's friend, he is kind of right because, sure she is dating my friend, but she likes other guy, and is around that other guy, She is a bitch.
But if he were to consider Futaba's position, well she was push to date Touma, she has never really give Touma any hope aside from pushing herself to try to be a good girlfriend. I would actually feel sorry for her since she must be a little miserable liking other guy, but staying with my friend cause she trying not hurt him.
I don't think she was that quick in breaking up with him. I think she should have done it sooner, and waiting more time would just hurt Touma more. I think the main issue here is whether she will be too quick to date Kou, now that she can. But I guess:

bumcakee said:

LOL, can't argue with that.

yeah i guess your right, toma was the one who wanted an answer quick because he was afraid her heart would once again become swayed but don't you think she should have atleast stayed with him through christmas and his show while shes still developing her feelings. i still believe the only real reason she broke up with him was because kou intervened and made it clear he was going to steal her back.
Nov 12, 2014 10:40 AM

Sep 2008
bumcakee said:
yeah i guess your right, toma was the one who wanted an answer quick because he was afraid her heart would once again become swayed but don't you think she should have atleast stayed with him through christmas and his show while shes still developing her feelings. i still believe the only real reason she broke up with him was because kou intervened and made it clear he was going to steal her back.

Fu said that she don't have right to listen Touma's song, because of her feelings for Kou.
Do you really think this could be good if she still was with him, listen his song for her
and then break up?

Futaba noticed it earlier that she still likes Kou and she can't start like Touma
and when Kou confessed this made her start to think about her own feelings.
But I think is because of Kou's confession she made that decision,
even if Sakisaka-san via Futaba said that "this isn't because of Kou",
but I think if Kou don't tell her about his feelings, don't said "You really want forget about me?"
She would be still trying to falling in love with Touma -.-
Nov 13, 2014 10:27 AM

Sep 2008
Sometimes I had feelings like Sakisaka-san make something just to...
I don't know why explain...

Maybe that part with Touma forced/pushed Futaba to be with him...
So fans will say "No, he don't forced her"
and even if Sakisaka-san via Touma will say "I know I forced/pushed you to dating me",
there will be still people who will say "He don't forced/pushed her!"

But in other part she will make it again on moment like
Kou "I made mistake helping Narumi, I made it, because for my own reasons",
but there will be some fans who will say "No, this wasn't mistake, she helped you too,
so of course you wanted support her too",
but there will be other fan who will say "But Kou himself that he made mistake"

Or Futaba "I don't break up with Touma, because of Kou's confession. This is my decision", but some fans can think "But if not this confession, you will force yourself to falling in love with Touma".

Somebody understand it? xD
Just sometimes I have feeling like Sakisaka-san made character say something just to howl down some arguments and there not always there are "correct".

How many people think that Futaba breaking up with Touma right now wasn't made because of Kou?
Just because Futaba say "This isn't because of Kou, this is my decision".
Jan 18, 2015 12:37 PM
Mar 2012
Meh, I don't know.
Being true to your feelings is all nice and such, but... She's just stumbling from one guy to another and back. I feel like she needs to learn how to stand on her own two feet again, without being pulle din one direction or the other. Sometimes it's good for people to be single for a while.
Feb 7, 2015 4:05 PM

Jan 2013
Well... I did liked that he brought the words he used has a kid, but I don't feel anything for them...
Even though I have been liking this development that Kou had.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2013

73 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 3, 2023 6:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.