Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2014 3:28 AM

Jun 2012
Eh, it really was nothing special.

Combined with the fact that its gonna be 1-cour, the chances of it being disappointing are really high.
Oct 10, 2014 4:03 AM
Feb 2009
for me, it is a good start for S2.

Some said Mika like Ginoza in S1, but Ginoza was better Inspector than Mika is.
At least he never used his enforcers as shield. he also willing to sacrifice himself when Masaomi managed to get hold of Makishima.
Oct 10, 2014 4:16 AM
Oct 2014
It wasn't as bad as I feared. While it wasn't as good as the first episode of Psycho-Pass, I did enjoy it a lot. It felt as if you had to have watched the first season to have maybe a basic understanding of the whole system and society. That's if anyone decided to watch this and skip out on parts of Psycho-Pass.

The soundtrack was great and I enjoyed the remixes or different arrangements of several tracks from the first season.

I enjoyed the interactions between the other Divisions detectives and enforcers and if they're going to appear more, I'm down with that.

I'm curious to what sort of villain this new person will be. Are they going to bring down Sibyl like Makishima tried to do? Or are they a cop killer and eliminating the ones in power, it becomes less difficult for them to get rid of Sibyl? Or maybe someone who has been watching Akane carefully and wants to destroy her.

Ginoza still treats the job like a detective after all. It was nice to see him order Maki a little bit and also trust Akane's instincts and judgement. Hell, even Risa of Division 2 sort of treated him like an equal with their small conversation as they were telling to people to evacuate. His badass metre just went up as he aimed his Dominator at another enforcer and that cold dead stare as well.

There were a few scenes that reminded me of season one, which felt nostalgic. I am glad they went straight into the world of Psycho-Pass, rather than exploring the new characters and setting it up again.

It's not a Psycho-Pass episode if someone doesn't get completely blown up by the Dominator.
Oct 10, 2014 4:28 AM

Sep 2009
At least I'm happy that the similarities between Akane and the new girl don't go any further than their introduction scene

The part where Shimotsuki is saying that enforcers should be used as shield, and where Division 2 left someone to die after explosion is pretty disgusting.

With the crime coefficient being able to change over short time over small talk or simply "calming" someone, the execution thing does seem very excessive and uncalled for in most cases, so I agree with Akane's approach.

So yeah, apparently we got a new Makishima that does basically the same thing that the old one did.
Oct 10, 2014 4:36 AM
Dec 2013
It was horrible just horrible.
I'm greatly disappointed in it's second season.
The OP wasn't actually bad but the first season was better.
Characters are awful just awful.Hard boiled 1st season characters are replaced by emotional,horrible & spoiled ones.
I expected something like the 1st season but it was a huge disappointment.
Oct 10, 2014 5:07 AM

Feb 2014
well,it was a good start
similar first episode to the previous season
but what is bothering me is Where in THE HELL is Kogami Shinya ??
Oct 10, 2014 5:27 AM

Nov 2013
I'm curious whether Kougami will show up or not. Btw, what fansubs that do PP2?, so far i've only seen HS.
Oct 10, 2014 5:32 AM

Jun 2011
I was very excited for the first episode, and I wasn't disappointed although Mika was ticking me off more and more by the 9th minute mark (The OP seems very very spoiler-ish). I've always expected a lot from the series, and while it may not be perfect, I really enjoy it and seeing a mature Akane really.. brightens up the episode for me. While I am curious as to where Kougami is, I'll see how things play along.

Oct 10, 2014 5:34 AM
Jan 2013
barabara said:
The part where Shimotsuki is saying that enforcers should be used as shield, and where Division 2 left someone to die after explosion is pretty disgusting.
Forgot Ginoza in previous season? Only one abnormal in this episode was none other than Akane. In Sibyl system, that is the way it works.

barabara said:
So yeah, apparently we got a new Makishima that does basically the same thing that the old one did.
Nope. There is difference even in this episode; he is inspector just like Akane, not criminally asymptomatic ones.
Edited: Actually, he copied the psycho-pass of the inspector.
KitchiriOct 10, 2014 5:39 AM
Oct 10, 2014 5:51 AM
Jan 2013
Wew, i went in a such a big hype after watching the episode and just calmed down just now..

the new enforcer and kogami intro is pretty interesting ._.

but WTF new power, the enemy cant even being detected by Sibyl, that means he is not considered a human being?? IS HE GOING TO BE BETTER A BETTER PLAY THAN MAKISHIMA!!!
Oct 10, 2014 5:53 AM

Mar 2013
Voov Great beginning

New Characters

Don't like the new girl . She will probably be troublesome

WHere is Kougami ? I miss him.

SUper Opening !! Ling Tosite Sigure rocks again !
Oct 10, 2014 6:12 AM
Jan 2012
In terms of animation quality and script my expectations ruined. Excuse me, you have 13 pages of fanboys telling how OK and GREAT this sequal, while it is NOT. They managed to ruin even OP/ED (have to skip them next). I'll watch next few episodes ofc before drop in a hope of miracle but currently Psychopass2 is the biggest disappointment of this season.
Oct 10, 2014 6:42 AM

Mar 2012
You know what's worse than a writer trying and failing to be Urobutcher? A writer trying and failing to be Urobutcher at his worst. What makes it even worse is the fact that it's a direct sequel to the show that it's trying to copy. Jesus Christ

Psycho Pass was a funny series. The first half had me really excited because cyberpunk shows don't come very often and it was pretty well executed all things considered but the second half just felt like a checklist of Urobuchi cliches.

What's different this time around is that right from first episode I've already lost interest in analysing the series. Even the cool cyberpunk setting which, while not entirely original, was pretty unique for an anime series has completely lost its novelty. I think that's probably due in part to the fact that it doesn't seem to be trying anything new with the setting. They even recycled the idea of the main villain being a charistmatic (By which I mean pretentious) pretty boy whose completely unaffected by the Sibyl system.

I was deeply unsatisfied by the ending to the first season and I thought the change in staff would mean they'd try something new. Instead I got some hack's attempt to replicate the first season in a sequel that feels anything but necessary. I know we've still got a WHOPPING 10 EPISODES left but this does not leave a good first impression.
Oct 10, 2014 6:55 AM

Dec 2011
Now that was quite the explosive start to this 2nd season of Psycho-Pass XD.

So Akane is the badass character now eh?

Without Kougami Shinya I don't this series to be that good though...

An interesting start to this 2nd season, although it didn't quite live up to my expectations.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 10, 2014 7:08 AM

Aug 2014
What the.. where is Chief Kasei (Joshu Kasei) and her magnificent levitating rubix cube!? In s1, I found myself deeply infatuated with this old hag (more like because of her classy demeanor). Why won't they allow me see her once more? hmpff! Good old times, it was really entertaining to watch that manipulative aura the old hag was exercising on "Ginoza-kun", and now I felt really sad that I realized she won't be able to manipulate Akane seeing how much our inspector matured! Akane should have stayed the clumsy type as seeing her now made me conclude she's now more of a rational nitpick type of person. But oh, on a more serious note..

1) I don't know if this is a good thing, that PP2 seems to be giving an impression that you should watch it "for the plot", meaning it is more of a plot-driven series now instead of a character-driven one. I'm typically worried since back in s1, PP introduced a perfect analogous combination (Akane and Kougami), of which we were given a realization that these two main characters are bound to converge at a later point of time, since it would be an illogical move to make Akane go back to being the clumsy careless type (what were all those character development for if a change would not be applied accordingly?) These pair was great, there's no doubt about it, and I should say they made the series watch-able, together with the mysterious case of Makishima being Criminally Asymptomatic, we have three powerhouses (in the form of characters) that made the show decent at least.

2) In PP2, with the introduction of that annoying girl-inspector (who cares what her name is), are they trying to present another case of character-combination in which they are expecting the ideologies of two female inspectors clashing with each other to be quite fun and entertaining enough? Unless that annoying inspector take things into extreme (much like it's not really that engaging watching Ginoza being an unnecessary dick in season 1) her outward sour attitude towards enforcers or Akane's deviation in doing things remains a bland and dull impression for creating an interesting conflict-driven plot.

3) That said, WILL THE PLOT BE ENOUGH TO TAKE US ALL INTO THE GRANDE CAROUSEL RIDE? No Kougami, no sarcastic Makishima, no adult's wisdom and intuitions (coming from Ginoza's father), and Akane was greatly changed and thus need to be paired with a conflicting character to set the mood much better, of which the new-girl inspector is supposed to fill in, but seeing that people generally hates her and I also thought she doesn't fit too well for her supposed-to-be role, does this mean we have to resort on the juncture points of how the plot will manifest to make PP2 more interesting than the previous character-driven series? Like for example, how will the plot recreate an interesting comeback for Kougami?

~~SOMEBODY SHOULD MAKE A THREAD FOR THAT ANNOYING FEMALE-INSPECTOR AND DISCUSS ON THERE A NUMBER OF POSSIBILITIES ON HOW GRUESOMELY SHE SHOULD DIE IN THE FUTURE. Like, getting munched on by a hunting dog, flushed on a toilet bowl (must not be an off-scene), etc.

4) Damn, I don't want to hate on her, though it should look more interesting if that newbie inspector is a guy, at least it should generate a potential conflict towards Kougami (perhaps affection or jealousy?), but no we are introduced to a bitchy-type inspector, might be twice better if she has an aptitude for creative sarcasm that will add plenty of spice to those bitchings, BUT NO, SHE'S JUST PLAIN ANNOYING AND NOTHING MORE. She's not even comical or even funny in the slightest sense (at least Yayoi made me laugh sometimes, and Ginoza being a dick is complemented by Chief Kasei's authoritative charm at least) You think deceased Kagari would be attracted to that inspector much like his fondness of Akane's cuteness? Nooooooo...
HaeduansOct 10, 2014 7:39 AM
Oct 10, 2014 7:22 AM

Jun 2010
dude that opening had me good. same guys that did unravel.
kinda sucks there's so many spoilers in it. now everyone will know the black haired guy is "two-faced"
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 10, 2014 7:36 AM
Oct 2013
Found it really endearing that Ginoza's having some of his dad's (Masaoka's) traits:

1. Calling Mika "ojou-san", like Masaoka called Akane
2. Wearing light brown overalls like Masaoka did

Great start, looking forward to more awesome episodes!
Oct 10, 2014 7:58 AM

Aug 2014
SeibaaPriest said:
Psycho Pass was a funny series.

Yes, funny not in a comical way, indeed. The fun factor does not come from hyperbolic exaggeration, or mainstream cliches, too. For you to be able to laugh it off, you should be able to understand first the nature of each of the characters involved in a certain or particular scene. For example, seeing Chief Kasei getting back-mouthed by Akane on how the Dominator on Ginoza's possession was supposed to be deceptively defective, the moment Kogami was given a hint of how Akane spoke of him with her friends, Kagari's outward demeanor, even Ginoza being a dick is somewhat funny, and later his father having fully snapped of him, shove-throw him and after that still spoke to Akane with all smiles.. ah those fun times, and there are much more of them. But in PP2 I just don't feel like it would be giving us some of these vibes if they were to shift the series into being a plot-driven one. You think that new inspector would fill in that badly needed role and we would laugh at her sooner the moment she realized how the other enforcers really believes in Akane, eventually realizing she is just being an unnecessary prick, I don't think it would be that delightful and funny to watch as of now. So let's watch her grow up some more and see if she can balance things out.

If all failed enough, might as well have the cliche beach episode, maybe the scriptwriters will be able to pull of an intellectual/humurous joke during that episode.

Right now, PP2 is really lacking in some elements for it to become a fun series to watch, I must agree.
HaeduansOct 10, 2014 8:09 AM
Oct 10, 2014 8:00 AM
Oct 2014
I though S2 was not even necessary if Makishima is dead (I'm still not believe if he dies)
His character does really well portraying in my imagination what a really psychopathic man is. And he is what make me love Psycho-Pass.

Might drop it or not, because I really like S1 and willing to give it a chance.

OP and ED is okay... after Abormalize and Unravel, this song just felt average :/

I think Kogami will appear in late episode.
Oct 10, 2014 8:17 AM

Aug 2014
SweetKitty said:
Episode felt dull to me
idk why..

Must be the vibes coming from that new inspector and the coolness that resonates from Kagari and Ginoza's old man is now gone, that is if you have those preferential inclinations to the characters more than the plot back in season 1. If it is the other way around, then I say you're seeing a bunch of things/plot elements getting repetitive, and perhaps, realizing that the case of criminally asymptomatic is now clear to all of us, there is no hardcore mystery for us to decipher/analyze anymore.

Just my two cents though, since it's very unlikely that you find it dull just because the quality of animation is not up to your standards, or the music was a little bit off, so it might be the characters, the plot, or the pacing of the anime itself.
Oct 10, 2014 8:18 AM

Jul 2014
New villain has come !! Ha .. ha .. ha .. ha ..

Tougane looks suspicious o.O

And I want Kougami back !! Give me my Kougami T_T

I'm not saying anything bad about Akane ... but Psycho-Pass seems a little different without Kougami.
Oct 10, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
Not bad, not good either. The change in writing is glaring..compared to the SD first episode, this one lacked suspense and gritty atmosphere. I was neither repelled nor sympathetic towards the culprit, and it never had me guessing what will happen next.

The new characters seem to be bland so far, and from the looks of it we will have to deal with Division 2 throughout the series. Shame really, having fewer but better fleshed-out characters would have been more preferable.

Akane's art got a bit better and she doesn't look awkward anymore. The animation quality though leaves much to be desired.

OP was okay, ED was meh. Visuals though looked messy, without a semblance of single style. Like many mentioned, too many hints and possible spoilers.
Oct 10, 2014 10:10 AM
Feb 2013
woohoo!

Here we go again!

Great start of the continuation of Psycho Pass, which was one of the better anime in its season back then!

I guess the first anime was popular enough and made enough money to make this sequel? And I'm glad for it. I don't think they can gain the same tension as between the two male MC in the first one, but let's see where it goes. Intrigue and plot-twists and an even more in-depth characterisation of the female MC could be as interesting!
Oct 10, 2014 10:16 AM
Feb 2010
Makishima is not dead. Hear the last minute of Psycho-Pass 2 Ep 1!
He attained the ability of brain jacking.
Oct 10, 2014 10:24 AM

Dec 2013
The show definitely has the same feel as last season so that's good. I see Akane has matured a bit. New girl is a little annoying. So far I think I'm gonna enjoy this season despite Urobuchi not writing it and a different animation studio.
Oct 10, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2014
shinezu said:
The change in writing is glaring..compared to the SD first episode, this one lacked suspense and gritty atmosphere.
I'm not entirely sure what SD is, but the lack of suspense you have just stated is, I believe, highly subjective and relative to the viewer. If you are meaning to compare it with the 1st ep of season 1, then let me ask what kind of suspense you are immersed into that compelled you to conclude that the latter or the second one is lacking in suspense? Hmm.. watching a Dominator blow up a man into lumps of flesh, perhaps? How about considering it such that most of the needed basic conceptions of the PP universe is now almost uncovered and put into light, and while the 1st ep of season 2 is currently kicking in, might be it that this episode is not really trying to be suspenseful at all?

I also have my opinion that the episode we are referring to is gritty enough in a sense Akane's actions does have deep courage and determination infused on it; otherwise do you find it gritty in s1 that Kogami was willing to boldly shoot latent criminals out of.. more paycheck (as what the script has said)? Or you find that instance where Akane shoot Kogami without hesitation, is what gritty is? Nevertheless, I don't think ep1 of previous season is that suspenseful and gritty though to warrant saying that the latter is lacking of it. More like we were just being introduced to PP universe in a friendly way, so let's assume the suspense we have before is just a pseudo-thing.

shinezu said:
I was neither repelled nor sympathetic towards the culprit, and it never had me guessing what will happen next.
Not that it's kind of incorrect not to harbor feelings on the culprit, it's more like the title of the first episode, "THE SCALES OF JUSTICE" was meant to give an impression of how Akane has radically changed now that we know the fact that she knew about the true nature of Sibyl system. The culprit is indispensable, this episode was an introduction for Akane's way of administering justice, and it's not the case that the writers supplied us with a bland culprit. Nevertheless, Akane being the central and focal point, is just one of the important things to consider up to this point.

shinezu said:
Shame really, having fewer but better fleshed-out characters would have been more preferable.
There's not enough conflict to begin with if we are just to stay with the original characters. Makishima dead (not sure though, would be great if he is still alive), some of Div1 members, dead. Let's just say that PP2 needs to introduce some "not so fleshed-out" characters out of necessity, otherwise it is impossible to come up with a story line that would not rely on recycling things and cliche patterns.

shinezu said:
The animation quality though leaves much to be desired. Visuals though looked messy, without a semblance of single style.
Honestly, I did not notice any kind of major changes to the visual animation, aside from Akane's face getting quite more serious and stoned. Care to enlighten/explain further?

shinezu said:
Like many mentioned, too many hints and possible spoilers.
Possible spoilers might be a good way to stir things up so people would talk more about Psycho Pass, and thus generate a little amount of popularity. It's not that bad having us speculate and make wild hypotheses out of it, chances are most of us won't be able to guess the plot though.
HaeduansOct 10, 2014 10:39 AM
Oct 10, 2014 10:36 AM

May 2011
SeibaaPriest said:
You know what's worse than a writer trying and failing to be Urobutcher? A writer trying and failing to be Urobutcher at his worst. What makes it even worse is the fact that it's a direct sequel to the show that it's trying to copy. Jesus Christ

Psycho Pass was a funny series. The first half had me really excited because cyberpunk shows don't come very often and it was pretty well executed all things considered but the second half just felt like a checklist of Urobuchi cliches.

What's different this time around is that right from first episode I've already lost interest in analysing the series. Even the cool cyberpunk setting which, while not entirely original, was pretty unique for an anime series has completely lost its novelty. I think that's probably due in part to the fact that it doesn't seem to be trying anything new with the setting. They even recycled the idea of the main villain being a charistmatic (By which I mean pretentious) pretty boy whose completely unaffected by the Sibyl system.

I was deeply unsatisfied by the ending to the first season and I thought the change in staff would mean they'd try something new. Instead I got some hack's attempt to replicate the first season in a sequel that feels anything but necessary. I know we've still got a WHOPPING 10 EPISODES left but this does not leave a good first impression.

Agreed, the first episode gave off the impression that we will get the same story, but with different characters which is not what I would like to get, but we'll see. I hope I will be proven wrong.
Oct 10, 2014 10:53 AM
Oct 2014
The awesome thing is Akane's maturity. She really kick assed! And seeing old faces

As for the new side characters, none of them interested me sadly and the only recognizable one is Mika and she's like the typically annoying realistic side character? Meh not feeling her.

Can't wait to see whats in store next!
Oct 10, 2014 10:55 AM

Aug 2014
AntonyRedgrave said:
Agreed, the first episode gave off the impression that we will get the same story, but with different characters which is not what I would like to get, but we'll see. I hope I will be proven wrong.

The villainous character we have here in s2 might be fundamentally different in character profile compared to Makishima.

"The fact that something is false does not negate its existence." is what the shady character has said at the end. From this, we can deduce that he is not like Makishima, testing out the value of free will on humans beings jointed in a controlled utopia, but more like he/she (since the person uses visual deceptions made of holograms, discerning out his gender at this point might be too early) has some serious issues on the nature of his existence, of which I can believe should be more interesting if it happens to touch the subject matter of phenomenology of the body, existentialism, or anything philosophical/metaphysical that involves existence. And with Kogami missing, I'm sure the story will present a juncture point that will significantly differentiate season 1 from season 2. Let's hope for the best :D
Oct 10, 2014 11:00 AM

Apr 2013
Good start, not perfect, but good. I like how Akane matured and got more badass. And I don't like that new inspector, but this is a good point of the show, when they successfully make you care in some way for a character. And season 1 exceeded at that.

But I sure hope that the op animation is actually not spoiling to much, and I hope they don't pull something like Makishima being alive like some people already believe.
Oct 10, 2014 11:08 AM

Jul 2014
The new inspector girl sure is boring. Personality aside, why did they make her look so similar to Akane - small frame, brown hair, similar shape of eyes? There was even a third short and brown-haired female inspector - I had trouble understanding, who is who. It is really bad that everyone is so similar.
Frankly, I think it would be better if the new inspector was a guy.

The opening is spoilerish as hell) Looks like Kogami will be back, which I thought a pity before this episode, but if the cast doesn't get better he may be a breath of fresh air. And they shouldn't have spoiled that one of the new enforcers is evil.

Overall the new cast doesn't seem too interesting. Didn't like the first episode as much as I hoped.

WatashiWaZero said:
Did anyone else notice that one scene where the two male inspectors are chasing after the culprit in a car, and then in the very next scene, they're both in the van? Either they stopped chasing, let Akane and the crew catch up, switch cars, and then hopped into the van or it was a mistake in the animation.

Yes, I too found it strange. And I was hoping to see how they deal with this situation too.

Edit: And I have to agree with those, who say that the dialogues aren't too good.
deadoptimistOct 10, 2014 11:26 AM
Oct 10, 2014 11:22 AM

Oct 2012
I forgot how much I liked the OST in this.
Oct 10, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
Reminded me a lot of season one's first episode, though toned down. While I don't really like Mika that much, I can understand her perspective given that she doesn't have the knowledge that we the viewers have from season 1.
Oct 10, 2014 2:26 PM

Jun 2013
Man, really made me realize why I loved this series. Glad to see season two starting.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Oct 10, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
It was a perfectly solid start in my opinion, it didn't blow my mind and it definitely wasn't the best first episode for this season, but I still enjoyed it.
Akane has definitely become a more interesting character, not simply more badass but also wiser. Ginoza has become a bro as well, so that's cool. I hope the new inspector won't remain as bitchy throughout the season, though, as after just a few lines from her I wished she wouldn't open her mouth again.
One thing I liked about the episode is that they finally showed two divisions collaborating, I never understood why they hadn't done it in season 1.
Finally, the new villain seems to be just as overpowered as Makishima, but it's still to see whether he'll be able to be as threatening as him.
All in all, it was a standard Psycho Pass episode which is just what I wanted. 4/5
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 10, 2014 3:47 PM

May 2010
It's only the first episode some people really need to calm down...

Even though Mika irritated me, too. She is just an Inspector for one and a half years and acts pretty rude imo.
I can understand why she thinks bad about latent criminals because Rikako killed her friend in season 1.
But I'm confident that she changes (Let's just hope she won't be the same as Gino.)

So far we haven't seen that much from the new Enforcers in this episode.
I already like Sho, though. Let's hope he doesn't die (guys like him usually die in PP lol) would be a really lame move.
I hope they focus on them learning how to deal with situations. They are different because they have no experience, yet. At least I hope Sho will.
Togane seems a bit suspicious because of the opening. But you shouldn't say it's a spoiler because you actually have no idea what's going on. I bet there are tons of hidden meanings in there.

Badass Akane and the last few minutes were the best part.
I wonder if that guy (called Kirito I think) is related to someone? Like why did his Psycho Pass not show up. Is he a hacker or something? Choes long lost cousin!

I also like the new animation and op+ed. It looks a bit different but I still like it. (The animation studio changed btw. No idea why.)
Oct 10, 2014 4:25 PM

Oct 2014
The OP was pretty good.
I wonder what happened to Kougami?
Oct 10, 2014 4:35 PM

Mar 2014
I think it was very nice but that new inspector Mika really annoys me -.- She graduated only 1,5 year ago and she's such a smart ass now.
I like how Akane's become more mature and confident though.

Well, I really enjoyed the ending, it was... interesting to say the least. Let's see how it's going to develop :3
How could I ever think it's funny how
everything that swore it wouldn't change is different now
just like you would always say we'll make it through
then my head fell apart
and where were you?
Oct 10, 2014 5:11 PM

Oct 2011
Horrible episode and I think they failed completely in delivering a worthwhile first episode to catch the viewers attention.

1) Horrible opening with crappy animation. Oh ya repeating the same animation over and over again to match the beat doesn't work with this music. Also this isn't anywhere near as catchy as the first season's opening or visuals. The first opening of Psycho Pass was so good I put it on my playlist. This was crap.

2) Episode pissed me off right right from the beginning when Shion and Akane did the most bullshit thing I seen in an anime. So we have a recording of the bomb threat and some random guy who turned around is probably the culprit. Do a body scan, and make a predictive program that will project a voice sample and then match that with the bomb threat recording. As if you can predict what someone sounds like and use that as plausible cause to make a suspect. Stupid as fuck.

3) MIka is a bitch. You know I can enjoy the bitchy character if she cute or had any good qualities...nope not with this bitch. She tells Ginoza to pipe down when he offered some advice, she questioned the authority of her superior during an intense situation, after Yayoi saved her from death, she still spouts bullshit about enforcers being used as meat shields and top it all off she still thinks Akane is wrong even after she averted the death of the threat. I mean ugly, a total bitch, can't take of herself even though she has doing the job for over a year and a half and just not likable in anyway shape or form. Kill her off midway through the series and do us a favour.

4) None and I mean none of the enforcers besides Ginoza are interesting, I can admit he suffered from the "too serious doing my job douche" but he at least had spunk. Yayoi was a lesbian, which was cool but other than that she is just boring as a sack of bricks. Is Hinakawa supposed to be a replacement for Kagari from last season because of the hair color or something? Kagari was likable and funny this guy doesn't say shit and quite frankly looks like an emo shy type. Ugh. Tougane is the typical badass serious type but without the charm or spunk that Ginoza had. The first season had great enforcers that each had personality from the first episode and were good enough to mask a boring character like Yayoi. This is a disappointment.

5) Why did they include a division 2? The first season we were specifically following a single division and carefully examining the group dynamics. Including a second division will make us follow unnecessary characters that won't be fleshed out and take away screen time from our main characters.

6) As someone said before, the first season was great because it brought us to the world of Psycho Pass and everything felt fresh and exciting. This episode was bland and uninteresting. There is no atmosphere and I just didn't feel a sense of danger like I did in the first season.

7) No Kogami and instead we get some browned haired freak that has to be dealt with. The first episode is supposed to really catch the audience's attention and also sprinkle in some good stuff for viewers who seen the first season. I was bored when this psycho killed the enforcer.....it was whatever because when it comes down to psychos, Makishima was better.

8) 11 episodes for season 2? So not only was the first episode disappointing but they cut the amount of episodes in half? Taking down Sybill, dealing with Kogami, watching the maturation of Mika, dealing with the brown haired psychopath and watching Akane's growth will be squeezed into 11 episodes? Really? Not even the standard 13? Christ.

Crap episode. This wasn't anywhere near as good as the first season and I think they really dropped the ball.
Oct 10, 2014 5:14 PM

Dec 2013
It was a solid start, didn't blow my mind, but it was good. I'm still hyped about this! 4/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 10, 2014 5:19 PM

Aug 2014
It is really good new story and really looking towards the next episode
Oct 10, 2014 5:32 PM
Apr 2013
Darkdrone said:
2) Episode pissed me off right right from the beginning when Shion and Akane did the most bullshit thing I seen in an anime. So we have a recording of the bomb threat and some random guy who turned around is probably the culprit. Do a body scan, and make a predictive program that will project a voice sample and then match that with the bomb threat recording. As if you can predict what someone sounds like and use that as plausible cause to make a suspect. Stupid as fuck.

Invalid complaint. The technology has already been made available in real-life and is being used by Interpol as well as FBI.

Darkdrone said:
5) Why did they include a division 2? The first season we were specifically following a single division and carefully examining the group dynamics. Including a second division will make us follow unnecessary characters that won't be fleshed out and take away screen time from our main characters.

I now doubt that you watched the first season because Division 2 was introduced in the first season, after Makishima started a revolution against Sibyl System with his weird helmets. Including a Division 2 helps because the writers need to establish the new main villain as someone threatening and loathing the system, which is done by having him kill off people of the police force.

Darkdrone said:
8) 11 episodes for season 2? So not only was the first episode disappointing but they cut the amount of episodes in half? Taking down Sybill, dealing with Kogami, watching the maturation of Mika, dealing with the brown haired psychopath and watching Akane's growth will be squeezed into 11 episodes? Really? Not even the standard 13? Christ.

This comment shows how ignorant you are as an anime watcher. With the exception of two or three seasons in the past, shows that air on noitaminA all have episode counts in multiples of 11. The first Psycho-Pass season has 22 episodes, the last season's Zankyou no Terror has 11 episodes.

Darkdrone said:
7) No Kogami and instead we get some browned haired freak that has to be dealt with. The first episode is supposed to really catch the audience's attention and also sprinkle in some good stuff for viewers who seen the first season. I was bored when this psycho killed the enforcer.....it was whatever because when it comes down to psychos, Makishima was better.

I'm surprised you can tell how a character would be written based off 2 minutes of appearance in the first episode. Please, tell me how you got into Harvard at the age of 12 with your exceptional intelligence.

Moving away from the troll, this was a solid first episode. Since there was no need to re-introduce the major characters, the episode moves on a much faster pace than the first series, providing us with sweet, sweet action right off the bat. The new boss does look someone dangerous, with his high intelligence and him not being recognized as a human being by Sibyl. Animation and music were well-done.
MasterGhostOct 10, 2014 5:43 PM
Oct 10, 2014 5:47 PM

Jun 2013
it's back and it's amazing and damn that ending!!
Oct 10, 2014 6:11 PM

Mar 2012
I don't like the new Investigator, she's annoying.
Oct 10, 2014 6:16 PM

Jan 2013
Lol I can't believe nobody is crying because no urobuchi.
Oct 10, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Lol I can't believe nobody is crying because no urobuchi.
One random dude died this episode, i see no difference Lol and this is coming from a huge Urobuchi wanker fan
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 10, 2014 6:29 PM

Mar 2012
That bitch acting like she knows everything when she knows nothing about Sibyl system.
Oct 10, 2014 7:06 PM

Nov 2013
I really don't know how to feel about Kogami not being a major character, something feels like it's missing.
BISH IM IN NARNIA <3
Oct 10, 2014 7:14 PM
Sep 2013
Prediction: That new moody girl and Ginoza are gonna have a similar relationship to Akane and Shinya. That or she's a lesbian. Or maybe both.

Anyways, why did the production studio change from Production I.G. to Tatsunoko?
Oct 10, 2014 7:25 PM

Oct 2008
The writing is shallow and simple, as with the first season, but it seems worse here. It's like going back to square one, what with sibyl system ignorance and such.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

639 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.