Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2014 1:31 PM

Jun 2012
An ok first episode. Are we supposed to know who the guy was at the end? Can't tell if I was supposed to recognize him or not.
Oct 9, 2014 1:32 PM

Jun 2012
So glad this is back, soundtrack was awesome.

Kougami in the opening.

That ending part was good, seems to be going faster than s1 which it has to because 11 eps.

Quite hyped for what's coming next, but damn only 11 episodes. The movie will take ages to come out and be subbed as well >.<
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 9, 2014 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
Too much Foreshadowing in the OP. not the best start hope it picks up in the next episode.
Oct 9, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2011
OMG yeah! So happy that Psycho Pass is back!

Fast start to the season; the action had me very hyped! Loved the OP with the same band but the ED wasn't what I expected. Its too early for me to say anything about the story so far but I'm loving the more confident Akane, the new inspector has a little too much arrogance though.
Oct 9, 2014 1:46 PM

Jan 2013
Everonica said:
Was that Kougami tied up in the OP?

I really want to see him in this season :(

ArdenFolgore said:

That proves nothing. Kogami is supposed to be more muscular. I'm pretty sure that's the new guy and there's no real reason for Kogami to be in this season since he already had his revenge.
Well, if he's tied up, he could have been starved (?) maybe. I just really want to see him this season OTL

Excactly what I thought. He could've been there for a long time, starving... Fucked up shit.

EliteShadowMan said:
An ok first episode. Are we supposed to know who the guy was at the end? Can't tell if I was supposed to recognize him or not.

If think he was just an enforcer right? Not on akame's team right? Good question... I want to know this too if it was an important character or not. Anyone can help us?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
TyrelOct 9, 2014 2:11 PM
Oct 9, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2012
Theres new anoying girl.. hope someone kill her.. not liking the first ep so far..

Oct 9, 2014 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
It was nice episode albeit predictable.

And the OP feels way too spoilerish.
Oct 9, 2014 1:57 PM

Jun 2014
Dark_Messiah said:
Theres new anoying girl.. hope someone kill her.. not liking the first ep so far..

I'm expecting Mika to fuck up her psychopass and then Akane will hold off on killing her until she can get it back under control resulting in Mika realising she was wrong about it all.
Oct 9, 2014 1:59 PM

Feb 2014
I thought the first season ended perfectly, and that this season was unneeded. Well, the first episode was pretty damn good and god that bit at the ending has me wanting the next episode already. Good job.

Nov 2013
Woooooow, 10/10!!!! The fanboy in me... was not disappointed!
Congratulations to Ling Tosite Sigure for another great track.
Awesome animation, very high production, with good use of 3DCGI.
Those 20 minutes seemed like 5 minutes honestly, too good.

Jan 2013
http://prntscr.com/4um9yx Isn't the purple guy Kougami ?
Oct 9, 2014 2:03 PM

May 2010
Okay start..really not as great as the PP start. i dont really like some of the new characters..especially Mika..just go die in a hole.

I somehow doubt it will reach the same level of greatness as first season.
It just isnt the same without Kougami.
Oct 9, 2014 2:06 PM

Jun 2012
Kerozinn said:
Okay start..really not as great as the PP start. i dont really like some of the new characters..especially Mika..just go die in a hole.

I somehow doubt it will reach the same level of greatness as first season.
It just isnt the same without Kougami.

i think everyone is fairly certain he will be in it at some point
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 9, 2014 2:15 PM
Apr 2013
Question: why has the guy at the end the same voice as Makishima?
Oct 9, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2013
I feel like the opening contains a ridiculous amount of foreshadowing.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 9, 2014 2:28 PM
Oct 2013
i liked the first Psycho-Pass so I was worried about how they would do on a second season.....looks to be off to a good start
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Oct 9, 2014 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
waisehell said:

It is probable that he will be similiar to Makishima in some way...it is quite likely that his psycho-pass won't get clouded as well.
Oct 9, 2014 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
That was an awesome first episode!
It's exactly what I've expected. The first epsiode was already very thrilling, I love it!
I can't wait for the next episode :)

Oct 9, 2014 2:34 PM

Aug 2013
Opening shows Kogami in it. Yes! They better include him sometime in the actual anime now that they've almost made this pledge.

I really hope the whole series isn't about Akane converting that annoying newbie (though not new anymore, since we had a time skip of 1.5 years).
Oct 9, 2014 2:38 PM

Jul 2014
omg, omg, omg
i've forgotten how great it feels to watch psycho pass. them ol psycho pass feels are back!
Oct 9, 2014 2:39 PM
Aug 2011
The episode was okay, nothing too exciting for me.
These new people will never fill the shoes of the old cast.

waisehell said:

It wasn't the same.

Also Ginoza looked better with glasses. He was the token megane character after all.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
sarroushOct 13, 2014 6:54 AM
Oct 9, 2014 2:44 PM

Mar 2013
One hell of a episode. Akane has changed, pretty badass! and Ginoza looks better with no glasses.
The animation feels different in texture but the character design is still the same.
I miss Kougami and Makishima though. Now Hinakawa has Makishima's voice actor... I wonder what will that character bring to this show.
Hey, it seems that all that Shimotsuki Mika knows to do is complain. What an annoying bitch. I hate characters like her.
Looking forward to the next episode!
Oct 9, 2014 2:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nice action to start the season. The OP was good, and I'm glad they're bringing back the same artists to do the songs. ling tosite sigure still did better with abnormalize though :P And Egoist <3 Haven't heard Chelly in so long. Please ryo, give her more songs to sing.

Well Akane is as determined as ever to continue acting upon her principles. Although she wasn't my favorite, this is always a part of her that makes me respect her. Poor Ginoza being discriminated by Mika since he's an enforcer. But idk, I think I like him better as an enforcer after his change. Anyways, already seeing some principle/value clashing going on in the team, which is inevitable. Tatsunoko is also doing a pretty good job. What a cliffhanger though. Looking forward to seeing what this season will bring ^^
Oct 9, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
DejWoSWK said:
waisehell said:

It is probable that he will be similiar to Makishima in some way...it is quite likely that his psycho-pass won't get clouded as well.

The guy who kills the other inspector? I don't think he has the same voice as Makishima? Do you really think? I compared the voices with youtube and they didn't look alike.
Oct 9, 2014 2:48 PM
Aug 2011
Kimura Ryouhei and Sakurai Takahiro don't even sound the same.
Oct 9, 2014 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
The long wait has come to an end and it surpassed my expectations. Amazing.

Mika's attittude is freaking obnoxious, kinda makes me wanna see her dead right from the bat, but oh well. And Gino has changed, using the 'Ojou-san' and shit.

Anyway, great start, let's hope they keep this up!
Oct 9, 2014 2:58 PM
Apr 2013
parfaited said:
Kimura Ryouhei and Sakurai Takahiro don't even sound the same.

My bad... I believe I mistook Kirito for Shou. Therefore... why does Shou (who is not the guy at the end) have the same voice actor as Makishima? I guess it's just for beauty's sake...
Oct 9, 2014 3:03 PM
Aug 2011
waisehell said:
My bad... I believe I mistook Kirito for Shou. Therefore... why does Shou (who is not the guy at the end) have the same voice actor as Makishima? I guess it's just for beauty's sake...

We have no idea. I really hope that them having the same VA is not a spoiler of some kind.

Sure you can cast someone for two different roles but you'd think they would cast someone else.
Not like the industry is lacking voice actors.
standOct 9, 2014 3:06 PM
Oct 9, 2014 3:03 PM

Jul 2013
I liked the introduction episode of the second season, but too me, I don't feel the hype around me. It is probably that Kougami and Makishima are not in this season anymore, the animation felt lacking (well because Production I.G is not involve in this), and the writing was kind of simple to understand it.

But I really like the new cast was introduced, and the returning cast returned here. Music and art still there, Akane still have that matured look since season 1, and I was kind of interested to see Mika contrasting Akane's ideas and stuff. OP and ED were good. I hope I'll grow into the the new cast of characters in here.

And for the ending I was most interested in because of the new villain, can't wait to see what he is up to. For now 9/10.

Oct 9, 2014 3:05 PM

Aug 2011
That was awesome. I thought nothing would be near FSN this season. This took me by surprise!

» Escapism.

Oct 9, 2014 3:09 PM

May 2012
Akane's more badass than I thought. I'm not really liking Shimotsuki and have a feeling she'll cause Akane an injury or hinder her greatly.

Wasn't feeling the op as much as the first season but I did like the ed

Oct 9, 2014 3:11 PM

May 2014
Damn good episode, but I was hoping Mika wouldn't be so much of a bitch.. my hopes for that were crushed, Akane is a badass though. I also liked how Ginoza used Ojou-san for Mika.

I love the OP, but I expected something a bit better from egoist for the ED, it was alright.

I hope they keep it up.
Oct 9, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
First season at the beginning was something new. This is pretty much the same, but with no atmosphere. Main character lack charisma. New bad guy so far has nothing interesting to say. I'm disappointed how first season ended and so far second season feels like overcooked pork chop.
Oct 9, 2014 3:16 PM

Jun 2014
What a great episode, It's good seeing Psycho-Pass again and Akane is a damn badass.
OP was nice, ED could be better though.
Oct 9, 2014 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
Misiakk said:
First season at the beginning was something new. This is pretty much the same, but with no atmosphere.

yup, that's it. (was searching what was leaving an indifferent aftertaste)

also on the wall, god it seemed like " WC ?" I just....wc.
Oct 9, 2014 3:21 PM

Jan 2013
Good start. My memory was refreshed as to what happened last season
Oct 9, 2014 3:24 PM

Mar 2014
This was a nice episode. Akane seems a lot more tough now. I'm not liking that new inspector... Ginoza got a pretty rusty-colored artificial arm. A Makishima Shogo all over again, except he looks pretty cute this time.
Oct 9, 2014 3:32 PM

Dec 2013
Psycho-Pass is back!!!!!!! Woahwyshawoswowowowow!!!

The OP - I smell Tokyo Ghoul lol.. must be the same artist.

Woohoo Akane, you show them. Power of an inspector thats badass. How awesome.

The ending tho~ Another one of those whos Psycho-Pass does not go down no matter what... why does it mean they should do bad things? I don't get it :(

Overall 5/5 this episode~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 9, 2014 3:48 PM

Oct 2008
i like this so much better without kougami
akane all the way
great start, missed this show a ton! ~
Oct 9, 2014 3:52 PM

Feb 2008
Didn't realize that Akane could drive with her eyes closed like that in the ED ;o.

Good episode though, definitely have missed the Psycho Pass show, and still miss Kougami. Hopefully we'll get to see him... maybe?
Oct 9, 2014 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
Liked the episode and eveything, but I really hate the "Rookie cop who thinks he/she is better than the veteran."

Thousand-Eyes said:
Mika is the new Akane except ten times more annoying.

You can say that again.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 9, 2014 4:16 PM

Jan 2011
that was an awesome start. as expected, Akane the new boss with some skills now. and interesting new members and old faces. nice. also right into a new story. i am excited. very good continuation, because its the old stuff, but its also not. opening and especially the music of the ending were very great. nearly the same impact i had with the first opening and ending. thats good.
Oct 9, 2014 4:17 PM
Sep 2013
What's wrong with you all people? Mika is an amazing character screw the sibyl system I hope Mika punches Akane in the face for following such a stupid system. She deserves it.

Mika is Love!
Mika is Life!
Oct 9, 2014 4:20 PM

May 2009
I kinda miss Kougami. But then again: I am just in love with that character.
Anyway it felt like an introduction to season 2 which is not bad at all. I believe a nice plot will follow soon enough.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 9, 2014 4:25 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, new cast. A bit of a disappointment there. The quality has dropped some, but I liked the ending. It will be fun to watch it play out. :)
Oct 9, 2014 4:32 PM

Nov 2012
Poorly directed episode if I must say. And seriously who wrote the dialogues, they sounds so fake
Really disappointing episode IMO
Oct 9, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2014
THAT AFTER CREDITS SCENE, THAT OPENING WAS FREAKING AWESOME TOO
Oct 9, 2014 4:41 PM

Feb 2010
The pacing was weird, but the episode wasn't that bad I guess.

The part at the end was interesting, the OP seems pretty spoilerish.
Kougami is in the OP so he will show up for sure.
Oct 9, 2014 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
Kougami is in OP Kougami is in OP Kougami is in OP! *fangirl*
Yes the purple guy in OP is Kougami no matter how you look at it, no doubt!
And also here:

Even if we can't see his face clearly, I think the one sitting on couch and chair is him too..

Akane is pretty cool and Mika is annoying by the way
hokaruOct 9, 2014 4:58 PM
Oct 9, 2014 4:53 PM

Jul 2010
Interesting start, I always give an anime three episode to develop before passing initial judgment, but I actually like Mika as her seemingly manic devotion to sibyl provides contrast to Akane's middle ground approach.

I'm glad the end stinger narration seems to suggestion that we will eventually figure out what Akane is because there's no way she's a regular person since she almost never has a clouded psycho-pass (I think in the first season it only ever went up to 44).

I really hope that band from the first season plays a part because that episode seemed so much like filler that it annoys me.
EDNivekOct 9, 2014 5:09 PM
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.