Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2014 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was an interesting episode. Artwork is a bit different but I think I can get used to it. I really like the choice of OST they've used already. Otherwise, I don't like Shinichi's design that much. Well, Migi looks strange but that's what I expected. That voice is quite something though.

I thought overall was good episode. Ugh, the dog was disgusting but there wasn't any censorship yay. I really want that OST...

Stark700Oct 8, 2014 9:57 AM
Oct 8, 2014 9:56 AM

Oct 2011
Stark700 said:

I thought overall was good episode. Ugh, the dog was disgusting but there was censorship yay. I really want that OST...

What? There wasn't any censorship.
Oct 8, 2014 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
Oops none I mean. Typo.
Oct 8, 2014 9:59 AM

Jun 2012
That dog transformation....
Oct 8, 2014 10:00 AM

Oct 2011
Quick thoughts.
-Great animation. Everything flows well and the transformations are really well animated.
-Great sound design and ost. Wubs may put some people off though.
-Character expressions are nice and vivid.
-Voice acting for the main character is pretty different from the usual fare.

I can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 8, 2014 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
I'm so glad there wasn't any censorship. The OST for the episode was pretty great too. I've never read the manga, but the animation looks good.

Can't wait to see what's next.
Oct 8, 2014 10:04 AM

Oct 2012
I was skeptical going into this, but Madhouse really did a good job here. Great OST, but that dubstep seemed just a bit out of place at times, though I'll probably get used to it. Looking forward to the rest.
Oct 8, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2011

In case anyone asks, the glasses will come off.
TyrelOct 8, 2014 12:54 PM
Oct 8, 2014 10:32 AM

May 2009
You know you can use smaller version of picture that links to big on imgur?
Oct 8, 2014 10:36 AM

Apr 2014
i guess this episode will shut up the manga readers who doubted this adaption was gonna be good
Oct 8, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2011
bastek66 said:
You know you can use smaller version of picture that links to big on imgur?

It isn't that big imo. It doesn't stretch outside of the screen.
Oct 8, 2014 10:38 AM
Jun 2013
Looking forward to it. I did read like ~15 chapters from the Manga and it was okay. Let's see what Madhouse is doing out of it.
Oct 8, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2013
Moodie said:
i guess this episode will shut up the manga readers who doubted this adaption was gonna be good

Good thing shows have never have good first episodes and then crashed and burned later down the line
Oct 8, 2014 11:01 AM
Oct 2010
hybreezy said:
Moodie said:

Good thing shows have never have good first episodes and then crashed and burned later down the line

Yeah, shows like Eureka 7 AO don't exist!
Oct 8, 2014 11:02 AM

May 2013
OP of the season right there. I really enjoyed this episode, even though I had some doubts before starting. It's got to be weird having your hand move on it's own and change into weird shapes and whatnot, haha. And that was one creepy dog.

Cheesekao said:
It isn't that big imo. It doesn't stretch outside of the screen.

Depends on the size of your screen. One fourth of the image is off my screen.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Oct 8, 2014 11:04 AM

Dec 2012
And I thought MH would take 300 years of my life by doing it wrong!... -_-;

9.5/10 for adaptation, excellent job!

Migi, awesome as ever.

Always imagined another voice, but Hirano does her best.

The partnership begins.

That would be a cool spoiler, because he is the most unexpected person to be seen at the beginning of the show, but ... the adaptation rules!

zellamiOct 8, 2014 11:17 AM
Oct 8, 2014 11:04 AM

Sep 2013
Well what can I say? I thought it would be my anime of the season and it delivered.

Art:
The designs are just like the manga for the parasytes and there was very little censorship so you got to see the real disgusting features. Along with that are the character figures which don't even really feel generic at all. The animation was of course incredibly fluid, remarkable job Madhouse.

Sound:
The dubstep felt out of place at times but sometimes it worked in a weird way. Other than that the other music was splendid. The Opening has great visual effects as well, love it a lot. Also, the voice acting... sometimes Shinichi's voice is a tad too monotone but other than that everyone does a fine job.

Story+Characters:
Again, not bad at all. Great even. They introduced Shinichi well and I thought it was a nice touch making the scene where Migi enters him in a flashback while he slept in class. Also like how they added in modern technologies, it doesn't feel forced at all, really well done yet again Madhouse.

The scene where Shinichi stops the car with Migi... what can I say? That was just pure badassery!

They even added in foreshadowing that wasn't in the manga, impressive!

They did somewhat make Shinichi more of a dork(Albeit not by much, he's still the same guy as the manga) but I actually kind of prefer him this way... Dunno why... maybe it's because in the manga he was just a little bit TOO average for my liking... This gives him a bit more personality. Anyways, great start, can't wait for next week!
Oct 8, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2014
hybreezy said:
Moodie said:

well alot of ppl were complaining before hand seeing as how the char designs were altered and what not people were also scared of the censorship

this reassured people but if u wanna rebuttal again go ahead
Oct 8, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2013
The hype is real.. Promising start, amazing art/animation, good ost.. want more!
Oct 8, 2014 11:08 AM
Oct 2010
Keten said:
Dunno why... maybe it's because in the manga he was just a little bit TOO average for my liking... This gives him a bit more personality. Anyways, great start, can't wait for next week!

I thought this was one of his defining traits, they try to give characters too much quirks or issues in manga/anime if you ask me. Very few people are this average.. and I think it lends itself to the story well.
Oct 8, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2010
Absolutely loved it :D I'm really hyped for this. And MH is great with these types of series >.<!

"Someone on Earth had a sudden thought" *Eats head off O_o? What a start lol

DAT OP!! Really good :3 ED was pretty great too ^^

Dat Gore :O No bar censoring whatsoever! Props :D

Loved How Shinichi stopped the car like that. And the fight with the flying "dog" was quite nice too.

Loved Shinichi's interactions with the parasyte in his hand. Lots of great stuff already. Can't wait for more :3
Oct 8, 2014 11:11 AM

Sep 2013
skudoops said:
Keten said:
Dunno why... maybe it's because in the manga he was just a little bit TOO average for my liking... This gives him a bit more personality. Anyways, great start, can't wait for next week!

I thought this was one of his defining traits, they try to give characters too much quirks or issues in manga/anime if you ask me. Very few people are this average.. and I think it lends itself to the story well.

Well ya, he was kind of a dork in the manga too. Regardless, I am not bashing Shinichi, he is actually my favorite character and I am glad Madhouse is doing him well.
Oct 8, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2008
Very promising start - that to mention that soundtrack!!!

Aug 2014
Wow - that definitely didn't disappoint. I've mainly been looking forward to this one since Iwaaki is also responsible for my favorite manga, but wow, did that first episode deliver. Definitely deserving of the hype, thanks based Madhouse.

May 2013
Great first episode. I am definitely going to enjoy this one.
Oct 8, 2014 11:15 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Shinichi adapted with Migi rather easily. I thought it'd take him forever to get used to his creepy right hand.
Glad we have a female cast being done by KanaHana! That boob grope though. :9 Migi is secretly a perverted parasyte.

Loved how Shinichi saved that little girl on impulse. Badass!

Battle segment was short but awesome nonetheless. & Dat dubstep OST!

That murdered at the end though.. Monster even before infected by parasyte. >.<

Awesome start! OP is catchy and ED is pretty good as well. +1 for no gore censoring!

Oct 8, 2014 11:16 AM

Feb 2014
That one's DEFINITELY going to fill the void that HxH left behind. Very nice start so far, and that OP got me hyped for the things to come.
Jan 2012
great episode, can't wait for more
there are some changes from the manga, hopefully those changes will be improvements
Oct 2010
Keten said:
skudoops said:

Well ya, he was kind of a dork in the manga too. Regardless, I am not bashing Shinichi, he is actually my favorite character and I am glad Madhouse is doing him well.

Yeah the adaptation is great so far... although I think they should have left the intro out of this episode, kinda spoils what happens.. not the details but the outcome.
Oct 8, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
its different from the manga, like for example now is is an idiot and more of a pussy. i mean looking up on google "my hand started talking"? and then he is afraid of the spider but then suddenly not afraid. it made sense in the manga. now they introduced a new female character, and he grabs her boob... i dont like where this is going. of course, just because it is different doesnt mean its going to be bad
Oct 8, 2014 11:21 AM

Jun 2014
Best anime this season omg that opening that ost :D
Oct 8, 2014 11:22 AM

Dec 2012
HitsuWTG said:
That one's DEFINITELY going to fill the void that HxH left behind. Very nice start so far, and that OP got me hyped for the things to come.

Yeah, the second one is in the end.

Mar 2013
The episode was awesome. And no censorship! Some nudity was slightly wightlighted in the opening sequence, so I guess it will stay R-17. At least untill the BDs are out.

Can't wait to see more of Shinichi and the hand working together!

Jan 2014
i realliy liked it... probably THE ANIME of the season (together with Fate)...

i want a hand like that, mines are so boring... e.e
Oct 8, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2009
Awesome! O_O
Oct 8, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2012
escapeplan said:
its different from the manga, like for example now is is an idiot and more of a pussy. i mean looking up on google "my hand started talking"? and then he is afraid of the spider but then suddenly not afraid. it made sense in the manga. now they introduced a new female character, and he grabs her boob... i dont like where this is going. of course, just because it is different doesnt mean its going to be bad

Murano isn't a new female character, the other girl might be, because I can't remember the name of the girl from art club, who'd play a role later. She resembles her a lot, though.

The spider flip is important, "change" just begins faster than in the manga, and certainly elevates Murano's character, who won't be repeating it every single time when she sees Shinichi. Way better here.
Oct 8, 2014 11:27 AM

Feb 2011
AOTY
Oct 8, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
This was really good.

Twilight anyone when he rescued that girl? Also loved how his 'hand' casually crushed that dog's organ while explaining.

Kinda weird how he suddenly didn't care about the spiders anymore. I guess I see what they were trying to tell us with that, but kinda weird scene anyway.

Yeah, really good start.
Oct 8, 2014 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
Madhouse is God. And for a 20+-year-old manga, they sure implemented modern day pretty good into this adaptation.

For those saying there's no censoring, there is censorship this side of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, it's just that Madhouse knows how to use shadows and discretion to censor the gore. But that made it all the more creepier, honestly. If only the other production studios were crafty enough to do that.
Oct 8, 2014 11:32 AM
Nov 2013
Oh that was something, Madhouse did a great job on this
i don't care about Shinichi design anymore it's not that bad.
eww that hand is disgusting.
Oct 8, 2014 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
OMG the best first episode so far in the Fall season i'm so hyped for this
and the OP and ED are awesome
Oct 8, 2014 11:35 AM

Feb 2014
Exceptional start. 2 Cour. No censoring.

I'm excited, possible anime of the year which is not a sequel
Oct 8, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
That was awesome, can't wait to see how the story will develop.
Oct 8, 2014 11:36 AM
Oct 2010
escapeplan said:
They introduced a new female character, and he grabs her boob... i dont like where this is going. of course, just because it is different doesnt mean its going to be bad

Meh, they did that entire scene to highlight the fact something was wrong with this arm so I am ok with it.
Oct 8, 2014 11:39 AM

Feb 2014
The op is awesome
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Oct 8, 2014 11:39 AM
Jun 2014
Absolutely amazing.

5/5
Oct 8, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
Haha, surprisingly quick thinking with his headphones. I like the MC. This anime is fucking creepy as hell :D THE TALKING HAND. THAT DOG. So glad none of this shit is censored. Looking forward to next ep!

Also that opening... it's going to be hard for anything to top that this season. The random dubstep soundtracks in the background were quite annoying though.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 8, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2010
skudoops said:
escapeplan said:
They introduced a new female character, and he grabs her boob... i dont like where this is going. of course, just because it is different doesnt mean its going to be bad

Meh, they did that entire scene to highlight the fact something was wrong with this arm so I am ok with it.

I agree with skudoops, it was all to show something was wrong with his hand. I think the scene was in the manga also if I remember correct.
Oct 8, 2014 11:49 AM

Sep 2013
skudoops said:
escapeplan said:

it gives us insight into what the humour might be like
Oct 8, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2014
What the fuck did I just watch? I mean it was good... but still... wasn't expecting this.

That first scene really set the tone. The visuals are really good. I haven't read the manga but the story seems interesting enough to keep watching.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Yesterday, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.