Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2014 7:29 PM

Aug 2012
@a_cloud I thought the art was pretty damn impressive. A-1 seems to be putting a lot into this. Great art and music, I'm only worried about the animation quality dropping for future action. Especially as it will probably get through
, it could easily end up like the tail end of Magi Kingdom of Magic.

I won't and don't want to get used to Kaji's Mel. It won't be as distracting once our other characters get into the mix, but for now it's still bugging the hell out of me. Didn't really like Hawk's voice either, but that one'll be fine once we're used to it.
Oct 5, 2014 7:30 PM

Jan 2009
1. dam, that ost is just epic. got some shingeki no kyojin vibes. can't wait to listen to that track where the meliodas used his sword against that big dude

2. other than that, a typical first episode. nothing mind blowing

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Oct 5, 2014 7:31 PM

Aug 2013
It was an interesting first episode, but the end was so cliche, going on a adventure together, but anyways good episode
Oct 5, 2014 7:36 PM
May 2014
It was fine. 7/10 for me but raised to 8/10 for the soundtrack. Not really impressed but it wasn't horrible either.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Oct 5, 2014 7:36 PM

Jan 2014
I loved the 7 Deadly Sins Manga, for anime only viewers just hold out for alittle longer, it get's epic as hell :3 !!!
Oct 5, 2014 7:46 PM

May 2013
Daaaaaaaamn Sawano, you never fail to make me amaze with your music.

Well, its safe to say that this episode surpassed my expectation but the OP needs more power. Spotted some Sins at the OP (hey and even in the posters) and Hawk's voice... Cuteee~
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 5, 2014 7:48 PM

Oct 2014
I disliked the TNs note how he called NNT a FT ripoff.

Good episode btw, I like Hawks voice and Mels voice is alright so far.

Oct 5, 2014 7:51 PM

Apr 2013
Well-adapted, great bgm, nice opening and Yuuki Kaji voicing Meliodas is not as annoying as I thought would be
Hawk is badass lol
Oct 5, 2014 7:51 PM

Dec 2010
ah, the osts really hit the spot , and its important for the success of any anime .

for the first episode , it was a good start !
but i really hope this doesn't go down similar to magi season 1 . somehow A1 always messes up the source material . this one seems interesting for just another generic shonen manga . my only complain would be meliodas's voice . nanatsu no taizai's characterization is kind of one piece-esque .so its important for the Voice Actors to grab the essence of the captain and the crew portrayed in the manga .
headless_nickOct 5, 2014 9:19 PM
Oct 5, 2014 7:57 PM

Jan 2011
Dope subs will be doing this to the end as they say (while they may not be the greatest it's something)

been reading the manga lately on the sheer fact that it's a about knights while isn't anything new it's still a fun read can see people that Really like FT liking it though i find it far better.

will not every get used to Kaji as Meliodas been butthurt over that for ages lol it just doesn't fit!
Oct 5, 2014 8:06 PM

Oct 2014
I wonder how many chapter will covered, around 50?

Oct 5, 2014 8:11 PM

Apr 2014
This kids got balls.
Oct 5, 2014 8:16 PM

Feb 2012
It might not seem like much now but it gets better later on, it's better to have it slow and following the manga vs rushed compared to a lot of other anime's lately
Oct 5, 2014 8:34 PM

Dec 2013
I liked the op song. Didn't rally care much for the visuals. Kinda mixed feelings for the art style. Though I'm still pretty hoped for this series.
G_Spark233Oct 5, 2014 11:43 PM
Oct 5, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2014
Amazing first episode, Hawk is so awesome. love the mix of 90s and modern art styles. definitely looking forward to the rest of the series.
The Dopesubs sub for it is pretty bad, especially their annotations that make them look like morons.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Oct 5, 2014 8:41 PM

Jul 2010
I for one love the opening song
Meliodas is as I hope him to look like.
Never misses his chance too grope
The pace it is going is awesome ,I am glad it is not rushed
The OST and the ED song during the battle sounds awesome
Elizabeth and Hawk sound fitting for the roles ,so does Meliodas!!
Oct 5, 2014 8:46 PM

Jul 2013
this show reminds me of akame ga kill.

1st episode was really entertaining. i'm looking forward to watching more
Oct 5, 2014 8:53 PM

May 2012
we have 2 fairy tail in this season..

Oct 5, 2014 8:55 PM

Mar 2013
Kaji Yuuki fits Meliodas perfectly. That was a good first episode.
Hey, Hawk is one hell of a pig huh, I love him. Lmfao Meliodas could master in boob grabbing, also, he looks so damn carefree at every situation, I couldn't stop laughing in a while. Anddd I liked the artstyle. Pretty different from what i'm used to
Oct 5, 2014 8:57 PM
Jul 2014
Catchy ost! Didn't expect that the blond guy would be Meliodas.
Oct 5, 2014 8:57 PM

Mar 2014
NOOOO! Now idk if I should pick up the manga again or just enjoy the crap out of this. I loved seeing Ban and everyone else in the OP, so HYPE!!!
Oct 5, 2014 8:59 PM

Dec 2013
Those subs were literally horrible subs. Someone else pick this up.

On a less spoiled brat note: better bad subs than no subs?
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Oct 5, 2014 8:59 PM

Aug 2012
yukishiromei said:
Kaji Yuuki fits Meliodas perfectly.
Based off his character design maybe, but once you see more of his personality it may start to feel off.
Oct 5, 2014 9:05 PM

Sep 2013
That was enjoyable. The artstyles a little different than what Im used to but I dont hate it. And I lold when he immediately played off squeezing her boob as checking her heartbeat.
Oct 5, 2014 9:09 PM

May 2012
Yay, it's finally here.

I can't wait to hear how Ban and Diane's voices sound like. I really didn't expect Hawk's voice to be so cute. I'm loving the soundtrack so far, it sets up the whole fantasy feel for the anime

Oct 5, 2014 9:16 PM

Jul 2010
A talking pig!
The holy knights being the true criminal for wanting to start war and basically controlling everything while the Seven Deadly Sins that oppose them are seen at the criminals.
Elizabeth seeking to find the Seven to help the country.
Those posters ^^ Doesn't look like Meliodas at all which is why he can own a bar with his own wanted poster without anyone knowing!
I thought the other knight was op, but Meliodas with his broken weapon...
Oct 5, 2014 9:18 PM

Jan 2013
kliang96 said:
Those subs were literally horrible subs. Someone else pick this up.

This is pretty popular, I'm almost sure another group(s) will within a few weeks if Crunchy really doesn't get it

kliang96 said:
On a less spoiled brat note: better bad subs than no subs?

Lol I agree. Lucky I do understand a little Japanese so I was able to tell where they made some mistakes and fill in the blanks where they didn't translate

This was cute. It looks like it'll be bubbly and fun even when dealing with more serious subject matter.
brianezOct 5, 2014 10:39 PM

Oct 5, 2014 9:30 PM

Jul 2013
It was okay

Starts off slow. Did enjoy the moment where Lady Elizabeth was met and laying in bed while the Main character was squeezing her tits lol

7/10
Oct 5, 2014 9:41 PM

Oct 2011
I wonder why Melodies looks young? But his wanted poster is wrong? Are the other members young too?

Hope to find out as they find the other members of Fairy...Seven Deadly Sins
Oct 5, 2014 9:49 PM

May 2012
Meliodas, the master of the boob grab.

Pretty good first episode. The part got me hooked with all the dead soldiers. Then it was really fun and lively with the whole bar scene. Things got more interesting when they start talking about the Seven deadly sins. Elizabeth came into the mix. Hope she serves a purpose besides crying and fanservice. That Pig is also pretty cool. The fight was pretty okay. Meliodas is really one of the deadly sins. He looks nothing like his picture. Overall pretty solid episode. I think I might read the manga while waiting for next episode.

4/5.

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Just a reminder that posting links to downloading sites or asking for such links is considered a violation of Site & Forum Guidelines and can result in warnings or bans. Also please don't bother asking "Subs Where?" for the first few pages of the thread--if it has been picked up it will be available in the usual places several hours after its airtime.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hawk is so cute and funny! So far my favorite :P Well wasn't surprised when the mc said he was Meliodas...it was kind of spoiled already if you looked at the cast :( Oh wells, at least it didn't make it any less exciting when he was doing his thing. I tried reading the manga but I didn't like the art so I stopped within one chapter (why am I so lame). However this has got me quite interested in the series, just like World Trigger. It's off to a good start, so I can see why so many people were excited about this. In addition, Sawano's compositions so far have been great, as they are reminiscent of his earlier works, as well as fitting to the world of the setting. So proud of you Sawano.
Oct 5, 2014 9:51 PM

May 2012
FatefulLove said:
A talking pig!
The holy knights being the true criminal for wanting to start war and basically controlling everything while the Seven Deadly Sins that oppose them are seen at the criminals.
Elizabeth seeking to find the Seven to help the country.
Those posters ^^ Doesn't look like Meliodas at all which is why he can own a bar with his own wanted poster without anyone knowing!
I thought the other knight was op, but Meliodas with his broken weapon...

Just wait to you see Meliodas with a

2op

Oct 5, 2014 9:56 PM

Dec 2013
Good first episode! All the voices seem to fit their characters and the soundtrack is just awesome. Looking forward to the rest.
Oct 5, 2014 10:12 PM

Jun 2013
Damn that was pretty freaking goood. Impressive.

Had a bit of a fairy tail feel towards the end but whatever.

Digging the voice actors in this one, except Amamiya Sora which is still love/hate. Recognized her voice right away, looks like shes getting plenty of roles. Kinda wish she would do more Akame/Touka type voice but oh wells that unrelated.

Hawk is awesome
Oct 5, 2014 10:14 PM

Mar 2010
bastek66 said:
I love that Meliodas never misses a chance

Couldn't agree more...

Cedronia said:
Well-adapted, great bgm, nice opening and Yuuki Kaji voicing Meliodas is not as annoying as I thought would be
Hawk is badass lol

You're right, it is not that annoying but I still don't like it.
manuxelOct 5, 2014 10:18 PM
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Oct 5, 2014 10:27 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty good seems interesting enough. Heard good things about it so I'll keep watching though, I think I'll wait for more episodes to come out marathon it. Where was he hiding that giant pig?
Oct 5, 2014 10:43 PM

Jan 2011
Aqua-11 said:
Pretty good seems interesting enough. Heard good things about it so I'll keep watching though, I think I'll wait for more episodes to come out marathon it. Where was he hiding that giant pig?

I believe it was the hill. That's why it's a giant green pig.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 5, 2014 10:54 PM

Apr 2013
rodac said:
Aqua-11 said:

I believe it was the hill. That's why it's a giant green pig.

According to the wiki she hides underground, but thanks for answering.
Oct 5, 2014 11:57 PM

Sep 2011
Hype as hell! Hope a-1 pictures dosen't screw this up. 1st episode is awsome baby! 5/5.
Oct 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Nov 2010
The first episode is really good. I'm surely watching this one.
Why did they use a Fairy Tail OST near the end?
Oct 6, 2014 12:05 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty awesome first episode for me, especially towards the end of it. Melodias is quite interesting.

Loved the OSTs a ton too!
Oct 6, 2014 12:07 AM

Aug 2013
It was only the first episode of the story, but the plot already seems to be very good, some time ago I wanted to read the manga, but now I'm with much more desire to read, I have good expectations about this anime ..
Oct 6, 2014 12:25 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty good. Looks like a cross between Fairy Tail and Akame ga Kill. And that Sawano Hiroyuki music does not disappoint. I will definitely continue to watch this series.
Oct 6, 2014 12:31 AM

Oct 2013
Oh look, Fairy tale 2.0 is out. Guess I'll give it a shot. Generic story here I come.
Oct 6, 2014 1:01 AM

Aug 2010
Quite the subs we have here <_< I think I would've understood more if I focused on hearing with my mediocre Japanese knowledge more than reading them XD

Anyway good stuff. Great adaption so far :D Really happy with it. Mel's voice is actually pretty great and he's lots of fun with his groping. What a BOSS :D

Elizabeth has some nice body curves *A* And Hawk is way more awesome than I imagined XD His voice is so fun hehe.

The action during the action scene was nice and the music was sasuga Sawano XD
Oct 6, 2014 1:08 AM

Jul 2014
That pig is like the best character. Awesome first episode.
Oct 6, 2014 1:10 AM
Jan 2009
so how many english sub sets are out there now ?
Oct 6, 2014 1:12 AM

Feb 2013
Talk about miscasts.....I die a little bit inside everytime i hear meliodas or hawks voice.

Other than that pretty good episode
Oct 6, 2014 1:29 AM

Feb 2012
bastek66 said:
I love that Meliodas never misses a chance

I'm pretty sure he's charging his Hi-ero particles
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

143 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:07 PM

» Do people actually like this? (Spoilers)

infinite_Shadows - Mar 14

30 by _Krypteia_ »»
Mar 23, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

328 by dianA6789 »»
Mar 5, 4:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.