Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And Sinon is saved. Kirito is her knight in shining armor. Well, he took a few blows to himself but whatever.

Oh and I smell jealousy coming from Asuna. That delicious rage. Cute drawn picture at the end there. I think Sinon realizes it too.
Oct 4, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
No OP. He got shot, but got saved by that devise. She made that guy unconscious in the end.

It seems like Sinon took care of the bully problem and is still trying to overcome her fear. The criminal's are caught, and how they got there. Feeling complex because of superiority of older brother? About the worlds being true or not.

So the battle against that guy continues? Girls are introduced, and her past faced by meeting the bank lady who said she was saved.

Two more arcs announced with OP by Haruka Tomatsu, ED by LiSA.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 4, 2014 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
I honestly thought they would skip the scene with the bullies, seeing how they skipped the scene where Shino pointed the model gun at Shinkawa in the previous episode. Really glad that they didn't, but I felt that the sudden change was a little unbelievable.
Also just in case anyone got confused why Shino was able to shoot properly without her glasses, she has perfect eyesight. She bought and wore that pair because it's made of bulletproof glass and gives her a small sense of security despite knowing that it's impractical. Sucks that the anime left that explanation out.
Correct me if I'm wrong from the advert that was shown, is the next arc caliber, followed by mother's rosario (in nov)?

tsubasalover said:
No OP. He got shot, but got saved by that devise. She made that guy unconscious in the end.
He got saved by an ecg electrode that wasn't removed completely when he rushed out of the hospital to get to Shino's place.
bokuOct 4, 2014 8:04 AM
Oct 4, 2014 8:15 AM

Nov 2007
A touching end to the GGO arc of the light novel. I was definitely more satisfied with how it was handled compared to SAO and ALO in Season 1 of the anime.

Caliber-hen (which is from Vol.8 of the light novel), will start airing from Oct 18th. It will last for 3 episodes before Mother's Rosario-hen starts from Nov 8th.

Source: https://twitter.com/sao_anime/status/518414388177289216

TVアニメ「ソードアート・オンライン」 ‏@sao_anime 16 mins
《キャリバー》編(10/18~)、《マザーズ・ロザリオ》編(11/8~)の放送が決定!さらに主題歌がOP:戸松遥、ED:LiSAに決定しました!両キービジュアルも公開!!【クエストno.172対象】(500RTでクリアコード発行)
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 4, 2014 8:18 AM

Nov 2007
Ejc said:
Caliber-hen (which is from Vol.8 of the light novel), will start airing from Oct 18th. It will last for 3 episodes before Mother's Rosario-hen starts from Nov 8th.
Hmm, does that mean that they'll be skipping one week? Or having a recap episode (since it's called debriefing)?
Oct 4, 2014 8:42 AM

Nov 2007
Official site is updated.
http://www.swordart-online.net/
Calibur main visual

Mother's Rosary main visual
Oct 4, 2014 9:04 AM

Apr 2013
And Kirito saves Sinon. He's the messiah once again (but this time more by pure luck). Sinon wants his cock so bad now even though she doesn't show it and joins the line with Asuna and the others. Then drama and tears ensue. Time for the next arc.

Also, I'm sure that this was Asuna's true reaction to Kirito's introduction of her to Sinon as just a "friend":

dankzelOct 4, 2014 2:32 PM
Oct 4, 2014 9:12 AM
Apr 2014
boku said:
Ejc said:
Hmm, does that mean that they'll be skipping one week? Or having a recap episode (since it's called debriefing)?

Or maybe the Jotunheimr [or however its spelled] thing?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 4, 2014 9:25 AM

Aug 2014
Reyxe said:
boku said:

That is Caliber, though.
Oct 4, 2014 9:42 AM

Apr 2012
I was cheered up by LiSA's ED!!
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 4, 2014 9:50 AM

May 2012
as of 2min and 23sec I have to comment this BS.. fk this shit..

Oct 4, 2014 9:53 AM
Oct 2012
SAO demonstrates an interesting psychological State. It shows how people will see only what they want to see despite what is actually shown. Kirito "saved" Asada? Hardly. She saved him. Kirito was getting beaten to a pulp before she pulled out the boom box bash. Some OP he proved to be. Besides Asada's true salvation was not that scene, but rather the following scene where she finally overcomes her trauma. That she did by herself. I also found it a bit funny that when Kirito went to her school her first expression was annoyance. No quick swoon followed by annoyance, just annoyance.

This episode also had something I wished Mahouka had done at the end of the Yokohama arc - they cut the opening credits so to improve the flow of the story (between climax and Asada's confrontation). So credit to A-1 for showing a little originality there.

Speaking of which, they did something else I wish Madhouse had done. They told a visual story while they had there exposition. Far more time efficient than the Mahouka (long explanations while everyone looks at Tatsuya while he talks), and a sign of actual adapting.
Oct 4, 2014 9:59 AM
Apr 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
Reyxe said:

That is Caliber, though.

Nono, i meant the ALO part they skipped when Kirito was saving Asuna.

Loved this chapter, i mean, that last scene, i was in the verge of tears, so touching ; _ ;

And so, i salute Phantom Bullet, a solid 8 - 8.4 [LN was 8.6 for me]

Also, did anybody notice Sinon's face when she noticed Kirito wasn't injected? that was so "are you fcking kidding me? youre fine" XDDD

Aaaand:

Best. Smile. In. SAO.

Best girl.
ReyxeOct 4, 2014 10:03 AM

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 4, 2014 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty touching episode, was awesome to finally see Sinon stand up for herself.
My Candies:
Oct 4, 2014 10:06 AM

May 2013
That electrode just saved Kirito's life lol. Those emotions at the end was nice too.
Sep 2013
A touching end to Gun Gale. Sinon coming to grips about her about and moving forward. Kirito has to be luckiest person to be not hit and die in a close spot. Can wait to see whats next.

Aug 2013
Can't wait for Caliber and Mother's Rosario to get animated! Also, the feels in this episode when the little girl hands Asada the drawing.
swag
Oct 4, 2014 10:07 AM
Apr 2014
Eh.. this episode was okay. Yeah, it was nice to see Asada stand up to those bullies.
chieriiOct 4, 2014 10:15 AM
Oct 4, 2014 10:07 AM

Jan 2014
nc episode...and end of Phantom Bullet arc...
looking forward to the next arc...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Oct 4, 2014 10:08 AM

Jul 2010
Kirito losing the fight, his electrode saving him from the syringe!
Sinon standing up against the bullies and showing how the gun doesn't scare her anymore.
Kirito waiting at the school gates.
Talking about the history of the Death Guns, that letter at the end though :/

Sinon meeting Liz and Asuna!
It was nice seeing the post officer worker bringing her daughter to thank and apologize to Sinon for saving them. This episode was pretty nice with all the developments for Sinon ^^
Oct 4, 2014 10:09 AM
Sep 2013
Well, Shinkawa kun is a bit of yandere, and even Kirito kun can't beat a yandere when he is in rage
Oct 4, 2014 10:11 AM
Mar 2013
Sweet episode.

Little tear jerker.....
Oct 4, 2014 10:12 AM

May 2012
So happy for Sinon.

The was a nice ending to GGO. The last few minutes were the best imo. I got the feels.

Next arc is back in ALO if I'm not mistaken. Can't wait to see Sinon if fairy form. Also this purple haired girl too. I mean I'm already this far. Might as well finish it on off.

3/5.
Oct 4, 2014 10:15 AM
Oct 2012
hantere said:
A touching end to Gun Gale. Sinon coming to grips about her about and moving forward. Kirito has to be luckiest person to be not hit and die in a close spot. Can wait to see whats next.

The nice thing about Kawahara is that he thinks things through. He made it clear that the drug had to be injected into the heart to work, so he had Kirito rushing straight from the hospital so that it at least made sense that the electrode would have been there. So a bit "convenient", but it was explained convenience which is all one can ask for in fiction.

This is why I enjoyed reading SAO, every time there was something that caused was about to violate my suspension of disbelief, Kawahara provided enough lacquer to repair the breach.
Oct 4, 2014 10:17 AM

Jun 2014
Beautiful way to end an arc, looking foward to the next 2 :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2014 10:18 AM

May 2012
Sinon we have something to tell you.. Asuna and I are couple,.. I thought thats their plan lol.. anyways nice ending just too pissed about the first min where Kirito got injected and of all TINY FUCKING PLACE to inject why THERE? and Kirito stop acting like your cumming when you didnt get injected..
and that can is just coincidence? or someone placed them for sinon to hit..

Oct 4, 2014 10:19 AM

Nov 2007
The feels, good way to end it all, but did 20 mins rly pass? Didn't felt to me like much happened o.o
Oct 4, 2014 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
Felt the scene where Sinon meets the post office worker was way too cheesy. Also thought it was a bit much for Kirito + Asuna + Lizbeth to go find her. I mean it was a really personal problem. I kinda like how Sinon never really blushed @ Kirito or showed that she's into him. It was more like let me cry in your arms, but it doesn't mean I like you. Thought Asuna should be jealous (but she came off as really stiff in that scene). Like she didn't have much of her usual personality (even though she doesn't have much to begin with). Sinon is best girl so far. The whole color palette of Sinon's school is so bland omg. I'm getting some vibe from Kirito that he likes Sinon — especially when she was touching his chest. Doubt Kirito x Asuna will ever not be canon, but I really hope they end up breaking up. Asuna is so boring.

And that hand mole.
Oct 4, 2014 10:35 AM

Jan 2014
That was a pretty good ending to this arc, as an anime only watcher I can't wait to see what they're gonna do with the 2nd half of this season.
Oct 4, 2014 10:36 AM

Aug 2010
Nice conclusion to this arc ^^

Pretty heartwarming final scene :) Glad that Sinon is starting to get over her trauma.

Loved how she owned those bitches showing them who's BOSS using the gun XD

Her interactions with Kirito were cute. Like when she saw him waiting for her with the bike and when he asked her if she's free :3

Can't wait for nxt arc :D
Oct 4, 2014 10:38 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
boku said:
Calibur main visual

That's Sinon's character in the Calibur main visual?

Kirito gets saved by an electrode lol. Although Kirito saved Sinon, he got owned by creepy Shinkawa up until Sinon whacked Shinkawa with the boom box.

Asuna's delicious jealousy lol
Classic Lisbeth, Kirito comment ticked her off xD

Oct 4, 2014 10:40 AM

Nov 2007
helloisabelle said:
And that hand mole.
It's a mark left from firing the gun at the post office. Which is why it was even more symbolic that the little girl touched it.

SweetKotomi said:
boku said:
Calibur main visual

That's Sinon's character in the Calibur main visual?
Yes.
Oct 4, 2014 10:47 AM

Feb 2013
put your hype caps on guys http://i.imgur.com/doVgCwo.png

was that gun from the bully real? Did she actually try to kill Sinon?
gedataApr 28, 2015 5:02 PM
Oct 4, 2014 10:48 AM
Feb 2014
Sinon shone this episode! Great ending to a great part of Phantom Bullet. So Caliber-hen is the next part of the LN they'll adapt? How is that according to LN readers? LiSA's ED was also pretty dope as well.
Oct 4, 2014 10:51 AM

May 2013
An electrode saves the day!
Oh no, the third Death Gun is still out there. I wonder when we'll see him again.

Aw, Sinon's so cute yet so badass when she stood up against her bullies. (^_^)
At last Sinon is finally saved by Kirito! She is at peace. However, Asuna and Lisbeth might be a little jealous of her.

Caliber is up next apparently and it's ready to bring the house down!
And from the visual, it seems like Sinon is part of it too! (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 4, 2014 10:52 AM

May 2011
How the heck will they manage to compress 2 arcs in 9 eps (considering the next one is going to be a "filler)?
Oct 4, 2014 10:57 AM

May 2013
Fantasticcccccccc~
Oct 4, 2014 11:00 AM

Jul 2007
Very good and emotional episode. I am happy with how A1 handled GGO

Totally makes up for all the rushing in SAO1. I still hope they re-adapt SAO1 as SAO Progressive after some time.

Nicoreos said:
So Caliber-hen is the next part of the LN they'll adapt? How is that according to LN readers? l.

Good transition

It provides perfect balance since in MR, the focus is on Asuna and very little Kirito.

AntonyRedgrave said:
How the heck will they manage to compress 2 arcs in 9 eps (considering the next one is going to be a "filler)?

Not a filler.

Dark_Messiah said:
Kirito got injected and of all TINY FUCKING PLACE to inject why THERE? and Kirito stop acting like your cumming when you didnt get injected..

Kirito got lucky

(major spoiler)
Oct 4, 2014 11:01 AM

Feb 2011
AntonyRedgrave said:

Caliber was a side story that took about half a light novel of volume 8 the rest of volume 8 consisted of "Murder in the Area" arc and "First day" SS which wasn't adapted.

Mother's Rosario will probably receive the majority of the episodes because it was a full LN. Besides we've had arcs that only took up 3 episodes take for example HnA or Campione which rushed through entire novels in 3 episodes like a mad dash, so in the end they should have plenty of time.

Also to shippers I love how people ignore that attraction and affection is suppose to be a two-way street. If you look at most of the "harem" barely any of them did anything to help Kirito in an emotionally at all, I mean they helped him materially or to accomplish his goals but mostly Asuna was there for him emotionally in SAO when he had killed someone or when he was a loner, well Suguha too but she falls into the sister category at the end of FD. Looking at Sinon's involvement it was mostly Kirito empathizing with Sinon's history and his own trying to make sense of it so it developed into attraction her side but not his, with a little tweaking of the story at some parts it could have been but it wasn't.
Still if we go on strength of character development so far Suguha and Sinon stand above Asuna for now, at least until MR.
dim100Oct 4, 2014 11:13 AM
Oct 4, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
Nice conclusion.
The rapist got rejected as hell, the bullies also got rejected.

Good thing that they forgot to remove the electrode, and yeah that kind of happens, the doctors forgot to take mine once, and on this case Kirito was in a hurry.

Now let's see the next arc...
Oct 4, 2014 11:06 AM

Dec 2012
Goodbye hella good Sinon,welcome to another useless piece in the harem.
Oct 4, 2014 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
It's not only the lives of the mother and daughter but everyone present at the scene including herself. Sinon finally able to walk out of her traumatized past. Good episode
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 4, 2014 11:09 AM

Aug 2014
AntonyRedgrave said:

Caliber is a mini arc, not a filler. The next one after is also relatively short.
Oct 4, 2014 11:09 AM

Sep 2013
SO I GUESS SINON IS NOT PART OF KIRITO'S HAREM AFTER ALL

Oct 4, 2014 11:11 AM

Jun 2013
I'm surprised Kirito didn't say Asuna is his girlfriend, maybe he wants more >:D
Oct 4, 2014 11:11 AM

Apr 2014
You know, I wanna say something. I think I have to thank to my best friend tonight again for having introduced me to animes. I did never know something about these "Japanese cartoons" before as I had enough tv material with sports etc. But now I unterstand why these animes are so great. They are able to touch feelings, 100x more than cartoons. My friend knows well that I am emotional, so he gave a good advice. After having watched some cool, funny animes (School Rumble --> my name "rumbleanime", Maid-Sama, Toradora!...) my best friend suggested to watch his favourite anime to really FEEL the magic of animes: Sword Art Online!

I think now I'm a bigger SAO fan than he is! ^^

Very, very great episode. Loved the emotional scene with the drawing and the meeting with Kirito's friends. It was such a beautiful episode that it reminded me why I love animes and so I wrote about it in the beginning (sorry for that ^^) Funny actually: In both SAO seasons Episode 14 is the best one (for me). But this season ain't over, thank God!

It was funny when Kirito collected her from school (like it, as Italian, it has something italian in it ^^), sad when Spiegel was arrested and just emotional when Shinon met the post woman and that cute girl.

I think this must always be so: Focus to the positive parts when we think of having done something bad which is neutrally-seen not so. Then we can get over our traumas. Hope everyone is able to do so!

Again, great episode. I loved it also to see Agil again, he was a cool guy in SAO I. Kinda sad that he did not say something or that he was not introduced to Shinon.

As i am new with animes and not an "oldie" like most of you guys here, I don't know which arc is the next. Better get surprised right haha! Just read here now in this forum section there are 2 arcs more. And anyway, i have no idea where i can get or buy this Light Novels from SAO here in Europe. Never read one of them, my best friend does not possess them either.

I really hope Kawahara won't stop writing SAO...
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Oct 4, 2014 11:12 AM

Aug 2014
Oh good more elfs...
Oct 4, 2014 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
now I hope the next arc is going to be like the ALO arc in season 1 :/
Oct 4, 2014 11:16 AM

Aug 2014
rumbleanime said:

As i am new with animes and not an "oldie" like most of you guys here, I don't know which arc is the next. Better get surprised right haha! Just read here now in this forum section there are 2 arcs more. And anyway, i have no idea where i can get or buy this Light Novels from SAO here in Europe. Never read one of them, my best friend does not possess them either.

I really hope Kawahara won't stop writing SAO...

They are available on Amazon, but most of us download it, or at least download it first and then buy it later since the licensed trans is taking forever. There are technically three arcs, if you want to count Caliber as one, I don't. But then, Alicization is as big as the rest of SAO combined so I don't think we really need any others.
http://www.vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?topic=1198.0

There's also SAOProgressive, a rewrite of sorts with more detail than the original of the Aincrad arc, for which the fan trans is so slow buying the licensed trans will probably be faster.
Oct 4, 2014 11:17 AM

Aug 2014
SaBe31415 said:

Wait wuh? That's new.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.