Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 1, 2009 4:39 PM
Oct 2009
I believe that romance can make an anime better, and I think there should of been a lot of romance between Emiya X Tohsaka.

Who do you think he should of had a 'thing' with?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 2, 2009 4:28 PM

Nov 2009
Illya. Incest is always nice.

Hmm... Probably Saber. I don't like Sakura much and never viewed Tohsaka as a love interest even in the VN.
Nov 3, 2009 1:12 AM

Jul 2007
LostHanyou said:
Illya. Incest is always nice.

Hmm... Probably Saber. I don't like Sakura much and never viewed Tohsaka as a love interest even in the VN.

You realise that
Nov 3, 2009 1:25 PM

Nov 2009
Cloud1234 said:

You realise that

?

And Saber never selfishly wanted Shirou to do such a thing.
My general dislike for Sakura probably stems for my general dislike of Heaven's Feel.
Nov 3, 2009 1:26 PM
Nov 7, 2009 5:31 AM

Apr 2007
Emiya x Shotgun to the face
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2009 5:36 AM

Jul 2009
I'm prefer to Rin in correcting Shirou twisted personality.

I think Rin suit Shirou best.
Nov 24, 2009 5:49 AM

Jun 2008
Neverender said:

Pretty much this tbh

But if I had to select any, Emiya x Saber or Emiya x Sakura are the only suitable options imo
Nov 26, 2009 8:08 AM

Feb 2009
Neverender said:

Yeah... I have ALWAYS hated the character of Emiya.
Nov 26, 2009 2:21 PM

May 2008
Emiya x Rin

doh.
Nov 26, 2009 2:25 PM

Sep 2007
Emiya x Archer... now that would be truly interesting.
Jan 7, 2010 9:28 AM

Aug 2008
Jan 7, 2010 9:31 AM

Oct 2009
Neverender said:
Jan 8, 2010 3:29 PM

Mar 2008
Emiya x Saber

I really wanted Saber to stay w. emiya.
it would of been a much of a better ending.
Jan 10, 2010 6:08 PM
Aug 2009
Emiya X Sakura
Mar 26, 2011 8:30 PM

Aug 2010
Nightofday said:
Emiya X Sakura

well its basically EmiyaxRin saber and sakura

But i say Rinx Shirou the best
Apr 28, 2011 3:26 PM
Oct 2008
The original author (Nasu) admits that the "Unlimited Blade Works" path is about the relationship between Shirou and Archer; he calls it "Shirou's" route." Rin X Shirou was there simply because every route needed a heroine. Kinda sucks for Rin fans but most probably prefer Rin X Archer anyways, even though Archer is most likely from a variant of the "Fate" route.

Anyways, the only route that I think heavily focuses on romance is the "Fate" route. The entire route is about their relationship; him discovering about her past and trying to free her from her chains. And as LostHanyou said, the only reason why he did not screw everything to be with Saber is because he felt she would never wish for him to do that. Remember that at the end of the "Fate" route Shirou contemplates about forgetting the whole Holy Grail thing and just running away with her but decides that that would be betraying her.

Heaven's Feel is kinda iffy. Sakura and Shirou's feelings for each other are important to the plot but it was not nearly as developed as Shirou's and Saber's is in the "Fate" route. I think it was more about the back story and truth of the Holy Grail; its history, the families involved, its true purpose, etc. It is the most complete route in terms of the Holy Grail War and I would call it the "Holy Grail" route.
May 10, 2011 5:16 AM

Oct 2010
obviously Rin, rest cant even compare to her
lots of music -
May 12, 2011 7:18 AM

Aug 2010
dougmelon said:
The original author (Nasu) admits that the "Unlimited Blade Works" path is about the relationship between Shirou and Archer; he calls it "Shirou's" route." Rin X Shirou was there simply because every route needed a heroine. Kinda sucks for Rin fans but most probably prefer Rin X Archer anyways, even though Archer is most likely from a variant of the "Fate" route.

Anyways, the only route that I think heavily focuses on romance is the "Fate" route. The entire route is about their relationship; him discovering about her past and trying to free her from her chains. And as LostHanyou said, the only reason why he did not screw everything to be with Saber is because he felt she would never wish for him to do that. Remember that at the end of the "Fate" route Shirou contemplates about forgetting the whole Holy Grail thing and just running away with her but decides that that would be betraying her.

Heaven's Feel is kinda iffy. Sakura and Shirou's feelings for each other are important to the plot but it was not nearly as developed as Shirou's and Saber's is in the "Fate" route. I think it was more about the back story and truth of the Holy Grail; its history, the families involved, its true purpose, etc. It is the most complete route in terms of the Holy Grail War and I would call it the "Holy Grail" route.

Well thats why IMO UBW and HF are better. I also believe the way ShirouxRin is done in UBW was the best from the 3 routes, and on top of that UBW and HF were much better.
Ragna92May 15, 2011 7:03 PM
Jun 22, 2011 5:49 AM
Dec 2007
Ragna92 said:
dougmelon said:

Well thats why IMO UBW and HF are better. I also believe the way ShirouxRin is done in UBW was the best from the 3 routes, and on top of that UBW and HF were much better.
I agree with the fact Emiya/Rin was developed enough. Rin's relationship with Shirou needs less work because of their already existing crush with one another. Shirou liked her already and it is revealed during Heaven's Feel that Rin also had feelings for him before the war began. So it all flows naturally.

While I agree HF clarifies secrets of the Grail, the complicated love between Shirou and Sakura is the center pillar that moves the story. Shirou gives up everything for Sakura, life included, so it's obvious that while the romance is not the usual lovey dovey thing, it is center-stage. He's trying to rescue his loved one, that's the gist of it.

Jun 22, 2011 6:06 AM

Oct 2010
Emiya x Illya
Jun 22, 2011 11:18 PM

Jun 2009
Emiya x his right hand
Aug 7, 2011 4:14 PM

Nov 2009
Just so everyone knows, having reread Heavens Feel, I am much more supportive of both the route and Sakura in general.

I believe the events of Heavens Feel seemed so ridiculous at first that I simply couldn't wrap my head around it, but that initial feeling of ridiculousness was gone by the second read-through.
Aug 8, 2011 8:32 PM
Dec 2007
LostHanyou said:
Just so everyone knows, having reread Heavens Feel, I am much more supportive of both the route and Sakura in general.

I believe the events of Heavens Feel seemed so ridiculous at first that I simply couldn't wrap my head around it, but that initial feeling of ridiculousness was gone by the second read-through.
Heavens Feel actually ditches the idiotic false idealism Shirou had and makes him realize the cold truth of reality so in that sense it was more grounded on harsh reality. It was mostly the insane torture the Makiri practiced that made it seem ridiculous (it was way overdone).

Overall most characters showed their awesome sides, especially Shirou.

Aug 8, 2011 8:34 PM

Jul 2010
For some strange reason, I like Emiya x Ilya
Aug 8, 2011 8:40 PM

Mar 2010
animelly said:

Why did they scrap her line...
Sep 8, 2011 6:10 PM

Aug 2010
natsukage said:
animelly said:

Why did they scrap her line...

I know it sucks.
May 31, 2014 2:01 AM
Jun 2010
its heartbreaking really. so much potential in a character, only for it to be tossed aside, (or in the case of UBW cold-bloodedly murdered....one of the main reasons i HATE gilgamesh) personally, one of two options: one, shirou/illya. two: THE HAREM MUST BE FED!
May 31, 2014 2:20 AM

Nov 2013
dragonshaun9 said:
its heartbreaking really. so much potential in a character, only for it to be tossed aside, (or in the case of UBW cold-bloodedly murdered....one of the main reasons i HATE gilgamesh) personally, one of two options: one, shirou/illya. two: THE HAREM MUST BE FED!

Oh so you like Illya? Well you're in luck pal.
Also F/SN is not supposed to be a harem.
Jun 12, 2014 2:34 PM

Apr 2012
Kotomine is the only correct answer.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 13, 2014 7:12 AM

Feb 2014
BloodRequiem said:
Kotomine is the only correct answer.

This.
http://i.imgur.com/gnEdLd2.png
Jul 28, 2014 3:50 AM
Jul 2014
1- rin
2- sakura
3- ilya
4- saber
5- luvia
Jul 28, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2014
Neverender said:

Fuckin right
Hate him
Cuz I hate Kerry :')
Cuz I love Iri :')
My thought process is mixed up cuz I watched Fate/Zero first.
Aug 19, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
While I like Rin, I like Shirou x Sakura relationship better.
It's because she was always the second sister, Tohsaka got everything while she only got sufferring.
Fragile balance between her kind heart and mad desire is something that adds strong undertones to her struggling personality. Sakura is by far the most complicated heroine and to finally find her happiness with Shirou, that's her final redemption for everything she had to go through.

And what's even more important - she loves Shirou from a start. Shirou may have crush on Tohsaka in the beginning BUT the feelings he already holds for Sakura are way deeper. To think he actually changed his ideal for her is just the proof of those feelings.

I find HF route the strongest one. And as such I find Sakura x Shirou the best pair.
Aug 20, 2014 12:01 AM

Jun 2011
x no one.
I cant stand him, hes so annoying uhhh. if i had to choose one person to ship him with it'd be sakura... and i also think he doesnt deserve Saber, ha only one person i ship with her is me lol
Aug 20, 2014 12:26 AM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:
It's because she was always the second sister, Tohsaka got everything while she only got sufferring.
Fragile balance between her kind heart and mad desire is something that adds strong undertones to her struggling personality. Sakura is by far the most complicated heroine and to finally find her happiness with Shirou, that's her final redemption for everything she had to go through.

And what's even more important - she loves Shirou from a start. Shirou may have crush on Tohsaka in the beginning BUT the feelings he already holds for Sakura are way deeper. To think he actually changed his ideal for her is just the proof of those feelings.

I find HF route the strongest one. And as such I find Sakura x Shirou the best pair.

Thank you!
Aug 20, 2014 1:26 AM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:

So, lemme get this clear you prefer Sakura because of what people call "mrNice guy" psychology - "aww she is so nice and never first". No matter that she is an awful character or does awful things, but its okay because "she's just sooo nice and under-appreciated".

Yeah right.

There's no proof that he regards her as anything more than childhood friend before that route. He changed ideals not because of her, but because of situation he was placed in because of her. I doubt he felt more than "aww, what a nice girl" for her in other routes(reinforcing the female version of niceguy stereotype)

Just because you act nice all your life
, does not make you more "entitled" to romance or any sort of appreciation.

Sakura is fascinating as psychological study
, but she is one of the most unrelatable characters in the whole VN as well as someone you would want to keep far, far, far, far away from yourself.
AhenshihaelAug 20, 2014 1:33 AM
Aug 20, 2014 1:40 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah yeah she is an awful character because she isnt awesome like Rin we get that.

God forbid if a char isnt perfect or doesnt have flaws that make her perfect.

Also Shirou "changed" his ideal FOR her.The " the situation he was placed in because of her",doesnt make sense at all.He did it because he loves her, it doesnt just happen,see teh opposite of it(MoS ending.You make it sound as if he was forced to do it.

Also, an act?We have been through this before.Sakura isnt depraved. She is an unstable char that wants to have,believes(after started helping Shirou) to have a normal life.

Excuse me and everyone else when we feel sorry for her and want her to get more than the other, not so fucked up in life characters, when everyone and the story leads her to losing herself.
Dec 4, 2014 7:12 AM

Mar 2014
Shirou x Rin was the only pairing that was well written..

Sakura was a poor character and had little to no development(nor did the relationship) to convince people Shirou gave a damn when he chose her over his ideals.. One of the reasons HF was a disappointment besides having charactets act out of character in dumb ways..
Dec 8, 2014 12:34 PM
Dec 2014
animelly said:

Yes! Emiya x Illya for the win.
Dec 9, 2014 3:35 AM

Jul 2014
Without A Doubt It's Emiya x Tohsaka They are my fav OTP!!
Jan 13, 2015 1:35 PM

Nov 2014
i think it would be Emiya x Rin..there' no one suits him more than rin.
saber should take archer.they looks cool,they are both servants and sometimes i feel like they are meant to be together :P

u know.. Master x master
servant x servant
Jan 13, 2015 1:54 PM

Aug 2009
Iri-Saber said:
saber should take archer.they looks cool,they are both servants and sometimes i feel like they are meant to be together :P

u know.. Master x master
servant x servant
So wait Rin is the only one that matches Shirou but Archer is with Saber??
Jan 14, 2015 8:45 PM

Jul 2014
HentaiPriest said:
Iri-Saber said:

u know.. Master x master
servant x servant

why not ,
master x master & servant x servant like Iri-S Said
Jan 14, 2015 8:55 PM

Apr 2014
Karin-Covenant said:
HentaiPriest said:

why not ,
master x master & servant x servant like Iri-S Said

Jan 14, 2015 9:51 PM

Aug 2009
I am not sure if I am talking about newcomers or old fans that just joke around so...yeah ok..I wont spoil.
Jan 14, 2015 10:42 PM

Jul 2014
HentaiPriest said:
I am not sure if I am talking about newcomers or old fans that just joke around so...yeah ok..I wont spoil.

we already know the "canon" pairings but we are just having fun by shipping with our ownstill you can't deny shirou x rin lol
Jan 14, 2015 10:47 PM

Aug 2009
I am not talking about canon

But anyway....
Jan 14, 2015 10:50 PM

Jul 2014
HentaiPriest said:
I am not talking about canon

But anyway....

hehehee it's getting complicated now
Jan 14, 2015 10:54 PM

May 2014
That just makes Archer shippable with everyone in the fate verse lol

Well shippable with anyone that's not female, the women belong to Rider.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

136 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.