Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2014 10:54 PM

May 2014
I'm looking for anime that involves Time Travel or Parallel Universe. For time travel, I already seen Steins;Gate and The Girl who Leapt Through Time (both are really good, by the way). The anime/manga I've been interested in reading is one that involves a main character's child from the future coming back in time (One that is a fish out of water is a plus).

For a Parallel Universe, the anime/manga I've been interested in reading is one that involves the main character meeting someone from a Parallel Universe that is the opposite sex as themselves (Comedy or Serious is fine). I'm planning on watching Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. It isn't 100% of what I'm thinking of, but from what I have seen when it first came out, it was good.
Sep 29, 2014 10:59 PM
Oct 2013
All You Need Is Kill

It's basically (actually the LN) where the movie Edge of Tomorrow 2014 movie was based.
Sep 29, 2014 11:06 PM

Jan 2012
Noein: Mou Hitori no Kimi e
I didn't like the show that much but it has time travel if thats what you're looking for.

I don't think you are supposed to watch tsubasa reservoir chronicle but read instead :)
I know there is an anime adaption for it but I have been told by friends that it is not so good.
you sound poor
Sep 29, 2014 11:51 PM

May 2014
InuYasha
Buddy Complex
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Sep 29, 2014 11:59 PM

Feb 2010
+1 to Noein. That's exactly what you're looking for.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Sep 30, 2014 2:47 AM
Mar 2013
MetalxSoldier said:
Noein: Mou Hitori no Kimi e
I didn't like the show that much but it has time travel if thats what you're looking for.

Parallel universes you mean.
Sep 30, 2014 2:48 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Higurashi is a good choice to watch
Sep 30, 2014 3:09 AM

Jun 2010
If it is parallel universes - read this --> Qualia no Purple / Murasakiiro no Qualia
Sep 30, 2014 3:24 AM

Sep 2013
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
War on Geminar.
Sep 30, 2014 4:42 AM

Aug 2011
In parallel universes material I'd suggest watching When They Cry.

» Escapism.

Mar 26, 2015 9:16 PM

Aug 2008
I thought Higurashi is time travel not really parallel. They are the same universe but Rika just go back to time? Sorry, it's been long time since I watch Higurashi.

When you said parallel, do you mean like when the characters is from one planet earth travel to another planet earth but this planet earth is not the same one he come from and at the same time, it is also neither the future nor past of the planet he come from?

For this version of parallel, I can only think of Clamp universe which is Tsubasa. In Clamp universe, you have different version of earth like in xxxHolic version of earth and CCS version of earth. Both exist but neither are past or future of each other so it's parallel not time travelling.

Digimon Xros Hunter also has parallel universe like in Clamp when all the main characters from previous Digimon franchise united so this mean Digimon has many different version of earth in it's multiverse though I don't think it's the anime you looking for since the story don't focus on parallel universe.
ZapredonMar 26, 2015 9:21 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 26, 2015 9:36 PM

Oct 2013
I think everyone has suggested the best of the bunch lol. Ill add my own later
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Mar 27, 2015 3:39 AM

Oct 2013
I couldn't find anything that was exact to what you were looking for so. I just listed manga's that have time travel & parallel worlds. in them. Some of them have the time travel aspect start later.

Manga:
Metronome
Real Account
Sprite
Yokohama-sen Doppelgänger - This JUST got started on the translation. only 2 chapters out right now.
Haruka na Machi e
Ore ga Doutei wo Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite
Fujimi Lovers - I THINK this is time traveling. Though its weird.

Anime:
Rozen Maiden - Theirs a 2nd season then a sequel. The sequal is called Rozen Maiden (2013). 2013 is what you want but you need to watch the the prequels 1st
Arata Kangatari
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Monogatari Series: Second Season - You NEED to start from Bakemonogatari 1st in order to understand ANYTHING in this anime lol)

EDIT:

2 More Manga's!
Tsuyokute New Saga
Skip! Yamada-kun - One shot
TheNoseOfDeathMar 28, 2015 5:45 PM
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Mar 27, 2015 3:45 AM

Jan 2015
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Rozen Maiden (2013).
Mar 28, 2015 10:48 AM

Dec 2014
mirai nikki
Mar 28, 2015 11:41 AM

Feb 2015
Buddy Complex has time travel, most people have never even seen this anime.
Best Couple of All Time

Kamille x Four (Zeta Gundam)
Mar 28, 2015 1:23 PM

Jan 2015
Steins Gate is a must.
Mar 28, 2015 1:32 PM

Oct 2014
MrKai23 said:
Steins Gate is a must.

have you read the first post?
Mar 28, 2015 2:50 PM

Feb 2010
Zapredon said:
I thought Higurashi is time travel not really parallel. They are the same universe but Rika just go back to time? Sorry, it's been long time since I watch Higurashi.

I think it was both, because spoilers! (with a voice of River Song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13S58aQw7wA):

As fair I remember Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuffs happens in the 2nd season (higurashi no naku koro ni Kai) or at the end of the 1st season.

ps. Steins;gate vs higurashi.... well, don't expect too much from higurashi (as for time travel/parallel universes of course).
Mar 28, 2015 9:23 PM

Aug 2008
Bokurano.

But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 28, 2015 9:28 PM

Feb 2015
This isn't exactly what your after, but The Tatami Galaxy is a fantastic story that uses both concepts (parallel universe/time travel) to explore various ideas about choice, friendship, romance and fate.

I can't recommend it highly enough. It's only 11 episodes long and I immediately wanted to re-watch the last few.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Mar 28, 2015 9:49 PM

Jan 2015
Inferno Cop
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Mar 29, 2015 8:00 AM

Jun 2011
If you're open to older series I'd suggest Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures it entirely revolves around an alternate reality by the creator of Tenchi Muyo, Photon, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari etc..
Mar 29, 2015 9:00 AM

Aug 2008
Wannabiteme said:
Zapredon said:

I think it was both, because spoilers! (with a voice of River Song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13S58aQw7wA):

As fair I remember Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuffs happens in the 2nd season (higurashi no naku koro ni Kai) or at the end of the 1st season.

ps. Steins;gate vs higurashi.... well, don't expect too much from higurashi (as for time travel/parallel universes of course).

Time travel
Your travel back to time and whatever action you did in the past, it will affect the future where you originally come from.

Parallel universe
You travel to a world/earth similar to yours and whatever you did there, it won't affect your original world.

Clamp universe, like xxxHolic to CCS is parallel to each other in a sense that both of them have earth resembling each other.

Do I get the definition correct here?

Mar 29, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2014
Nobunaga Concerto
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Mar 29, 2015 3:33 PM

Feb 2010
Zapredon said:

Time travel
Your travel back to time and whatever action you did in the past, it will affect the future where you originally come from.

Parallel universe
You travel to a world/earth similar to yours and whatever you did there, it won't affect your original world.

I understand above terms as:
- Time travel: You can go forward and backward in the time. In the Back to the Future Part 1, they have traveled from 1985 year to 1955 year. In the 2nd movie, they went from 1985 to 2015. It simply tells that YOU CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TIME not WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CHANGE SOMETHING.
- Parallel universe: We have this term because we cannot* change some stuffs in the past. We would create a paradox. For example we have grandfather paradox (wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox ):
The time traveller goes back in time and kills his grandfather before his grandfather meets his grandmother. As a result, the time traveller is never born. But, if he was never born, then he is unable to travel through time and kill his grandfather, which means the traveller would then be born after all, and so on.

To avoid that paradox, just before you kill your grandfather the world branch out into 2 worlds. In the one world your grandfather, you are not alive. In the 2nd world you go back in time, "change the world", kill grandfather from another world and go back to your world.
[ read this wiki for more informations ]
In lots of cases changing universe means "it won't affect your original world" but there is an exceptions: movie The one ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267804/ ) - this person grows stronger with each alternate self he kills... so it affects both world.

(For me at least) changing the world/parallel universe means going along x-axis - and you ask WHERE; traveling through time means going along y-axis - and you ask WHEN. Of course, you can do both in some cases.

I think, there are more hypotheses but I don't remember it now. Sorry.

*In the Dr. Who you can change "small things" but the world stays the same
Mar 29, 2015 3:58 PM

Jun 2013
cancer
Mar 29, 2015 4:18 PM

Mar 2014
Akai_Shuichi said:
+1 to Noein. That's exactly what you're looking for.
icirate said:
The Tatami Galaxy
8oomer said:
Nobunaga Concerto
All of these.
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Mar 29, 2015 4:37 PM

Oct 2013
JOAOAA said:
Higurashi is a good choice to watch

lol YES this ^^^
[/quote]
Mar 29, 2015 10:34 PM

Aug 2008
Wannabiteme said:
Zapredon said:

Time travel

Parallel universe

- Time travel: You can go forward and backward in the time. In the Back to the Future Part 1, they have traveled from 1985 year to 1955 year. In the 2nd movie, they went from 1985 to 2015. It simply tells that YOU CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TIME not WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CHANGE SOMETHING.
- Parallel universe: We have this term because we cannot* change some stuffs in the past. We would create a paradox. For example we have grandfather paradox (wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox ):
The time traveller goes back in time and kills his grandfather before his grandfather meets his grandmother. As a result, the time traveller is never born. But, if he was never born, then he is unable to travel through time and kill his grandfather, which means the traveller would then be born after all, and so on.

To avoid that paradox, just before you kill your grandfather the world branch out into 2 worlds. In the one world your grandfather, you are not alive. In the 2nd world you go back in time, "change the world", kill grandfather from another world and go back to your world.
In lots of cases changing universe means "it won't affect your original world" but there is an exceptions: movie The one ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267804/ ) - this person grows stronger with each alternate self he kills... so it affects both world.

(For me at least) changing the world/parallel universe means going along x-axis - and you ask WHERE; traveling through time means going along y-axis - and you ask WHEN. Of course, you can do both in some cases.

So this new universe is only created when changes are done to the past. Thanks for the link.
I think this idea of parallel universe is different from what OP said since OP said you met opposite sex of yourself in parallel universe. Clamp multiverse is also there even without travelling back time to change any event.

Mar 30, 2015 1:50 AM

Jan 2012
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Problem Children Are Coming from Another World, Aren't They?
A brilliant action/comedy series in which 3 teens with special abilities and troublesome personalities are summoned to another world to fight for a certain underdog community.

Strike the Blood has a short time-travel arc at the end in which the MCs' child chases a dragon/monster 20 years back into MCs' timeline and helps them defeat it there.
Mar 30, 2015 2:18 AM

Feb 2010
Zapredon said:

So this new universe is only created when changes are done to the past. Thanks for the link.
I think this idea of parallel universe is different from what OP said since OP said you met opposite sex of yourself in parallel universe. Clamp multiverse is also there even without travelling back time to change any event.

Well, I guess I forgot to mention. The new universe may be created at every *time* something can have 2+ results. For example, you have found 1$ on the street; you may or may not pick it up => this will create 2 *worlds*.
This stuff is complicated, imho, so it may differ from my explanation.
Mar 30, 2015 2:29 AM

Nov 2014
Tatami galaxy
Mar 30, 2015 6:24 AM

Aug 2008
Wannabiteme said:
Zapredon said:

Well, I guess I forgot to mention. The new universe may be created at every *time* something can have 2+ results. For example, you have found 1$ on the street; you may or may not pick it up => this will create 2 *worlds*.
This stuff is complicated, imho, so it may differ from my explanation.

Interesting. Have you read or watch Tsubasa Reservoir & xxxHolic or watch Digimon Xros Hunter? What do you think about their parallel universe??
ZapredonMar 30, 2015 7:08 AM

Mar 30, 2015 8:00 AM

Apr 2014
Is nobody going to mention Zero no Tsukaima? The material there has a lot to do with parallel universes. Modern day guy gets dragged into a world where technology has just left the bronze age, but nobody cares because everyone can do magic.

+1 Higurashi
+1 Mondaiji-Tachi
No Game No Life
if you run you get faster to your location

have a nice day
- FALL3RE
Mar 30, 2015 8:21 AM

Oct 2013
Genesis890is gonna have a shock when & if they log back in lol Its been ages!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Mar 30, 2015 7:13 PM

Aug 2008
RandomGuy2211 said:
Is nobody going to mention Zero no Tsukaima? The material there has a lot to do with parallel universes. Modern day guy gets dragged into a world where technology has just left the bronze age, but nobody cares because everyone can do magic.

+1 Higurashi
+1 Mondaiji-Tachi
No Game No Life

I know in Mondaiji-Tachi they travel to another world but is it really parallel universe? Does parallel universe only mean travel to other universe/earth similar to ours?

Mar 31, 2015 3:35 AM

Feb 2010
Zapredon said:
Interesting. Have you read or watch Tsubasa Reservoir & xxxHolic or watch Digimon Xros Hunter? What do you think about their parallel universe??

Sadly, I haven't read any of these so I cannot relate.

No game no life -> Aside 1st or/and 2nd episode there isn't too much about parallel universe. It's just anime set in fantasy world.
Mar 31, 2015 6:21 AM

Aug 2008
Wannabiteme said:
Zapredon said:

Sadly, I haven't read any of these so I cannot relate.

No game no life -> Aside 1st or/and 2nd episode there isn't too much about parallel universe. It's just anime set in fantasy world.

Yeah. NGNL isn't really about parallel universe.

I see that you have Bokurano in you plan to watch list. Would love to hear your thought on Bokurano once you watch it.

Mar 31, 2015 6:41 AM

May 2014
Y'know I'm not gonna say anything about the recomms cause there might be spoilers so here goes.

Anime:
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin
Little Busters
Aquarion Evol (ird remember but I think it did ... )

Manga:
Loop
Shinobi Life

I don't seem to remember any more ... I'll add some when I do.
L sy Kngru n weky shky tiem trvL
Apr 1, 2015 6:20 AM

Aug 2008
Wannabiteme said:

What about in Mirai Nikki? Is second and third world universe got created when they went back to the past?

Does what you say here applicable to Mirai Nikki?

Apr 1, 2015 6:48 AM

Feb 2010
@Zapredon
Bokurano - I will watch it some day. I will comment it then. But atm, I'm into mmo/virtual reality stuffs (currently watching Accel world)
Mirai nikki - I have one favor - use spoiler tags (I still haven't watched it). And, well, I don't know - I haven't watched it yet.
Apr 3, 2015 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
Psyren
Apr 5, 2015 1:23 AM

Apr 2015
Space Dandy plays around with every episode taking place from slightly different parallel universes.
Apr 5, 2015 9:10 AM

Aug 2014
inferno cop

More topics from this board

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

11 by Skuletor »»
1 hour ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
1 hour ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - 2 hours ago

3 by Longnines »»
1 hour ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Today

6 by Skuletor »»
6 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Today

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Today, 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.