Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2009 11:32 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it's pretty obvious that those gods aren't going to win against Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru even though they do show great strength in the beginning. It's not too bad in the end although it would be great to see Kikyo having a larger role here :D
Dec 16, 2010 12:38 PM

Feb 2009
Personally, I didn't really care for it... I mean, it was okay and all but easily the worst of the 4 movies. I am glad that Kikyo got a bit more of a role but that was really the only thing I liked about this movie.
Jul 18, 2012 10:42 PM

Apr 2011
The movie was okay. Not too much to say but there was a lot of action and there was some funny scenes. The scene where kikyo shot the fake was pretty cool. I thought some parts were too dragged out e.g. when they were getting the bow.
Jul 15, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah not much to say about this one, it was a fairly average movie. Standard shounen movie formula, so about a 5/10.
Jul 30, 2014 2:36 PM
Jul 2013
Well what a surprise another disappointing movie the fours gods started out powerful and ok opponents but I couldn't tell when they even got more powerful they were just the same as they started out.Also everything wasnt explained like why inuyasha suddenly had a power up and where the island went in 50yrs plus kikyo is still there and does nothing to the storyline.Other then inuyasha being still stupid in taking the longest time to pick a girl my only good thought about the movie was oh look ouran high twins.
May 18, 2016 1:52 AM
Apr 2016
Kipcha said:
Personally, I didn't really care for it... I mean, it was okay and all but easily the worst of the 4 movies. I am glad that Kikyo got a bit more of a role but that was really the only thing I liked about this movie.

In some way yes. In terms of both movies and series episodes, she gets less appearances than most characters....even Koga.
Jul 8, 2016 12:18 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Ooh so those guys are based on the legendary beasts: the tiger, dragon, phoenix, and turtle snake. I like how the ugliest of the four doesn't have a human appearance.
Jul 2, 2017 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
That ending song they used it in the Arabic dub as the ending theme. I always wondered where they got it from since I never heard it in the series. This music gives me tears. Ah double nostalgia.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 29, 2019 2:30 AM

Jul 2015
Had some high hopes that this movie would be as great as the third movie since this one is aired after the original series, but it didn't quite reached that in my opinion, still pretty enjoyable.

Liked the idea of Inuyasha helping other half-demons even getting some help from Sesshomaru

Too bad they didn't build much on the idea that Inuyasha's dad was an enemy of them.

Dec 28, 2019 5:38 PM

Aug 2017
It was kind of flashy with the fights but in the end it was indeed the worst movie of the 4, decent nothing too special but worth the watch if you're a fan of the franchise.
Nov 10, 2020 7:19 AM

Dec 2007
man, they just took everything that was good about inuyasha, dropped it to the trash, and brought elements that not related to make full-action movie.

i mean, the movie could be better if they would do little better job on the story, but no, they had to make action scenes that didn't made any sense to make fleshy move, i'm really sorry about my last hour and half watching this...

5/10
Aug 30, 2021 3:28 AM

Jun 2009
Loved this one! Easily one of the best of the four movies!

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Nov 10, 2021 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
Well it was an average movie I guess. Generic story and enemies, nothing special about it.
May 6, 2022 7:32 AM

Jul 2012
What I see is..
It is an **renochrome island 😏 and Inuyasha willing the help the kids from the "evil"

Once u seen the truth, u can't just unseen it ~

May 25, 2022 7:31 PM

Nov 2010
Kikyo has a super nice body! Damn! No wonder Inuyasha couldn't easily get over her. hehe

Decent fanservice/filler movie. Animation and battles was good! sound effects were nice. 7/10
Nov 15, 2022 2:27 AM
Jul 2018
the best of the 4 movies, very interesting scenery, the only thing that bothers me is that the villains were quickly defeated, it felt like it could use 15-20 more minutes for proper build up and fight scenes
Dec 19, 2022 11:05 AM

Jan 2018
The fourth Inuyasha movie, Fire on the Mystic Island. Called the worst Inuyasha movie several times in this thread alone. I didn't think it was a bad movie but I can see why people dislike it.

The biggest reason people might dislike it is because this came out after the last episode of the TV series so expectations for this movie must've been high. Plus Movie 3 was really good so it set the standards too high for this movie.

This movie has genuine flaws though. The Four War Gods were obvious rip-offs of the Band of the Seven from the canon material. And they're not nearly as interesting as those characters. The side characters introduced in this movie are the kids who are just annoying, especially Akagi and those twins.

The plot itself also felt less important than the previous movies. The stakes were low (which isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO) and there was no personal connection for the cast to be on that island either other than Inuyasha and Kikyo going to that island once 50 years ago and then giving up on it. Apparently, the Four War Gods were also enemies of Inuyasha's father. But both of these elements were pretty much dropped by the end of the movie. The villains were also pretty weak and uninteresting.

I guess all of these combined makes for a pretty disappointing movie. But I still enjoyed it and thought it was worth the watch. The positive thing I could say about this movie was that it ditched the "manga-accurate" character designs of the last 3 movies by Hideyuki Matohashi and instead opted to use the TV series artstyle by Yoshihito Hishinuma. I didn't mind the artstyle and character designs of the previous movies but the manga designs look good in the manga but the TV anime just looks better and more natural in the anime.

One thing I don't understand is why this was the last Inuyasha anime property released until The Final Chapter in 2009. Inuyasha was at the peak of its popularity then and even if Sunrise "paused" the TV series they easily could've created more movies and OVAs adapting stories from the manga to keep the anime fans pleased. This was such a missed opportunity. It's wild to me that Inuyasha doesn't have even a single OVA (the 2008 OVA doesn't count) compared to its predecessors.
Dec 20, 2022 10:50 PM

Jan 2018
At around 0:45:00 you can spot a baby "Oni"Very subtle reference to Urusei Yatsura.
Feb 27, 2023 8:29 AM

Feb 2020
I thought it was extremely educational and inspiring.
gunk.
Apr 12, 2023 6:54 AM
Feb 2022
it was okay but i liked the other movies bvetter
May 31, 2023 4:53 AM
May 2023
אני מתה על הסדרה הזאת
Jul 25, 2023 3:07 AM

Jun 2020
Kikyo using a sword is just so funny looking even if she is a clone.

The movie was okay though. If you want action and fights, then you will get that from this movie.

The 2nd and 3rd movies are the only ones worth watching. This and the first one were quite underwhelming with pretty boring villains.

More topics from this board

» The movie

Lilly1x - Feb 9, 2009

1 by L__ »»
Aug 15, 2009 6:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.