Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 27, 2014 7:47 PM
Aug 2008
Here is the excerpt from the Mitaka Documents:
"Izanagi gazes upon the false sea bottom, waiting for Izanami. Izanami will cross the sea bottom, and eventually, the two will meet. When they do, heaven and earth will split in two, and the Gate of Hell will open it's way there. From the Gate will come forth one, a being unknown. And strife will continue for eternity.

The sign shall be a rising crescent moon that never sinks. When it becomes full, Izanami will reach her final month of pregnancy."

Hei is Izanagi
Hei regains his powers by entering the Gate
He alters the molecular structure of Yin/Izanami to separate them. This is why his star shines as brightly as it did when he altered the structure of the particle accelerator in Season 1.
Hei and Izanami meet. As a result, Izanami gives birth to Kagutsuchi (Male Yin)
Also, Heaven and Earth is split. [Note: By this point, Shion has already created a copy of the Moon, which is henceforth refered to as New Earth]
Izanagi then dies as a result. Either from giving birth or by Hei's hand.
Hei carries Yin’s unconscious or dead body off somewhere in Old Earth.
Thus Hei has chosen and fulfills option 3 yet again.
He will probably have to face Kagutsuchi in the future when it threatens to destroy Old Earth.
Kagutsuchi is the Orange Blob that was inside Yin as seen at the start and end of Gaiden [The one she met at the end of Season 1]
The wish Kagutsuchi granted to Yin was probably to not kill Hei.

As for New Earth:
Izanami sends a copy of everyone found on Old Earth to New Earth which has been created by Shion. This New Earth does not have Gates nor Contractors etc, and the world is at peace. Suou is able to live there happily with July, November and even the Moratorium girl that was around in Season 1. This fulfills Shion’s wish as well. As for how the copies were created, it is possible that information from the samples Izanami collected, the ME Network from the supercomputer that Shion and the Dr created to store all the memories of humandkind and dolls as well as Yin's own memories were used.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyhow this is how i've interpreted the events of Darker than Black. Feel free to critique and dissect the post or ask further questions.
SilenciacoSep 27, 2014 7:52 PM
Oct 26, 2014 6:33 AM
Jul 2018
A pretty good explanation but with one problem. They say, more than once, that Shion is Izanagi. Shion is the only contractor who has born contractor, he was especial since his birth. And about kagatsuchi, i think is a copy of Yin, made by Shion, and later he dies because he uses his powers twice (Creating Kagatsuchi( a body for izanami), and a copy of the earth, both with a different detail from teh original) without paying the correct compensation.

Check out my explanation of the ending, similar to yours but explaining other details than you don't talk about (and viceversa). http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1295847

I'm not "spammin" my topic to get views, i only though it will be interesting.

Sorry for the gramatical and syntactical errors, English is not my native language.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.