Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 27, 2014 2:28 AM

Feb 2014
Thank God it's over. Now let's pray that it doesn't get a second season. Raise your hands if you believe.

Well, at least it made me laugh a few times with its "drama" and "awesomeness" and how anticlimatic it was.

xchee said:
Was this really made by the guy who made Ga-Rei Zero? Or is this train wreck the studio's fault? I tried liking it but it only felt like a poor man's *insert sci-fi/ hero show here* parody.

5/10.

Maybe we failed to notice that it was deliberately being bad to make fun of those genres? We cannot grasp its true magnificiency.

4/10
Sep 27, 2014 2:45 AM

Dec 2011
And we got a third party intervention and just one offed the Professor like that. >.<
Must read the manga to see the whole thing that have happened.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2014 2:46 AM

Jun 2013
Absolutely horrible. This was by far the worst anime of the season, hell it might even be the worst of the year. Garbage characters, garbage plot, bullshit logic.

PLEASE NO SEASON 2

the only slightly good thing was hearing sachika saying some nice lines.

2/10, absofuckinglutely garbage
Sep 27, 2014 4:10 AM
Feb 2014
i don't count how much palmface i made during this episode especially during the fight. episode 9 already ruined this anime, after that this anime can't get back to the right track

3/10
Sep 27, 2014 5:41 AM

Oct 2013
not very clear
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Sep 27, 2014 5:47 AM

Sep 2010
Are you Guys serious, how is this a good/decent Ending? Especially the last Episode was just retarded..

All the bad Guys that seemed "overpowered" before were beaten with pretty much just one Move in the End.
Sep 27, 2014 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
That was really rushed and kind of anticlimactic. The third party just come out of nowhere and finish off the main villain then disappear into thin air without any explanation. The main characters are useless as hell. The problem isn't solved at all, in fact, it's even getting worse.

So much wasted potential, it started off quite decent in the first few episodes then went down hill miserably. Hard to believe this trash share the same writer as garei zero.

4/10 for the episode, 6/10 overall.
Sep 27, 2014 6:29 AM

Jan 2014
It was okay.
Sep 27, 2014 6:29 AM

Jan 2011
Overall this series was alright, it quickly became obvious they were rushing it though.
Sep 27, 2014 7:06 AM

Nov 2012
I can easily say it's worst tv anime I have ever watched.
2/10
Sep 27, 2014 7:17 AM

Feb 2008
Krunchy said:
2/10

Wait till you see Pupa.

As for my thoughs for this episode :

Dafuq did I just watch ?
Who dafuq were the characters that appeared at the end and snuffed the proffesor ?
And what dafuq meant the proffesor when he said he'll become a hero and all that jazz ? Cuz' I don't see him as a secretly good guy.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Sep 27, 2014 7:30 AM

May 2013
Hmm. So the Professor got killed by some unknown people/espers. I missed something. I just know it. 5/10
Sep 27, 2014 8:01 AM

May 2010
me too feel it, its a little bit rushed, but i kinda liked it and im expecting to have season 2 cuz the ending is really open...
Sep 27, 2014 8:03 AM

Oct 2011
Suaanno is that you ??
Sep 27, 2014 8:24 AM
Jun 2010
This show did not have the guts to be great. 1/10 for the series, 10/10 for the first episode.
ilokSep 27, 2014 8:28 AM
Sep 27, 2014 8:40 AM

Mar 2014
All I'm wondering is how does esper powers make people evil. What in the world was the Professor's plan? Release all those fish and hope enough people come to his side? What about people who want to be heroes? Where are those people?

Overall, 4/10

I want to rate it higher, since I love super powers and such, but this anime made no sense. Especially the fact that Rinka didn't even try to use her powers to their full potential. Such a waste....
Sep 27, 2014 8:46 AM

Apr 2013
One dimensional cardboard cut-out characters. From the beginning till the middle it was still watchable. But the ending was so rushed and boring that I've almost fell asleep.
Sep 27, 2014 8:59 AM

Mar 2012
Krunchy said:
2/10

I feel that this anime is just as bad as Rail Wars (Which I also consider to be the worst anime this year, since I even think that anime is worse than Pupa), but in reality, this series was boring and rushed to the point where I wanted to fall asleep like I wanted to in Rail Wars lol

1/10 for me, I can see why I considered this Summer season to be a bit lackluster when compared to last year, which I liked better.
Sep 27, 2014 9:01 AM
Sep 2013
An ok series 6/10
Sep 27, 2014 9:07 AM

Apr 2014
Oh, so they ended it with a new character who just briefly appeared. And It felt that was just the beginning (apparently) and at the end the "Professor" said he also believe on Azuma Kyoutaro (what the hell?.

So esper related crimes had increase and it happens everywhere but Rinka and the group still continue to stop other espers from doing criminal acts. With that said It really feels they left it hanging screaming for a continuation. But I guess I need to read the manga to wrap things up.

Anyway I'll rate this 6 overall because It's just fine for me but nothing was special.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 27, 2014 10:02 AM
Jul 2010
what was the point of "them" taking the bait if there was no further planning for what happens after they take the bait? it also bothered me a lot that most if not all the characters did not use their powers to the extent that they actually could =/
Sep 27, 2014 10:03 AM

Feb 2013
I liked it, the end was rushed as hell, definitely needed more episodes, or at least a second season to explain more.

7/10
Sep 27, 2014 10:16 AM

Nov 2013
Man, so many things wrong in this overall <_<

Eh.. enjoyable I guess 6/10
Sep 27, 2014 11:21 AM

Mar 2009
What a disappointing mess. The first episode was so cool, and lot of fun, in comparison. I don't know what happened afterwards. It all went downhill from there. At least there was Minami, I guess.
Sep 27, 2014 12:59 PM

Apr 2013
After the first episode, which made it seem like typical shounen fair to me, the middle part of the series was actually enjoyable. But the ending really wasn't that great...
I kinda hope there will be a second season, but there's reason to doubt that? I guess the manga continues, so we'll see. Maybe I have to pick that one up at some point, but I highly doubt I will...
Sep 27, 2014 1:13 PM

Feb 2014
gonder said:
what was the point of "them" taking the bait if there was no further planning for what happens after they take the bait?

Cliffhanger in case of the possibility of a second season, which doesn't seem likely (I hope it doesn't get a second season, at least, and I also hope that the manga is better than this)
gonder said:
it also bothered me a lot that most if not all the characters did not use their powers to the extent that they actually could =/

Lazy writing. Logic is ignored to keep the plot moving.
Sep 27, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
Lame ending, though it was what was expected. The characters just aren't good.
Sep 27, 2014 3:07 PM

Jun 2012
Strongest esper confirmed.

Sep 27, 2014 4:27 PM

Jun 2013
holy shit that was rushed but good at least in some ways
Sep 27, 2014 6:06 PM

Jul 2012
Ok, so....nice ending. :3

I feel like....the main parts of Tokyo ESP that were really awesome was the 1st, 11th, and 12th episode. Other than that, whatever else in the middle was boring, wasteful, and not really that important, or I mean if you want to know a little bit more about all the characters in the anime and stuff. :P

But yeah, this....wasn't the best anime of the season.....got to say that right here and now. The story was....cool...but like....Espers? o-o Hmm...it didn't really get to me, especially like, how the people actually got Esper powers: Golden Flying Fish.
Yeah....

Maybe the manga is better. :P
It was a fun anime to watch, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. EVER.
Sep 27, 2014 7:20 PM

Sep 2013
The fights in this were rushed as hell...one seemed like the strongest esper on the enemy side got knocked out by one punch as well as Rinka and Minami's fight seemed rushed.

Did like the ending and that strong esper near the end...is this something telling us season 2 maybe, probably not...

I did like the bird coming in destroying his illusions, kinda made me laugh...

Anyways, series seemed a little rushed, and Rinka one half getting beat up and tossed around...but I will rate it a 6/10

Sep 27, 2014 7:21 PM

Feb 2012
Could have been better. Personally enjoyed the anime but the ending killed it. Minami couldn't kill Rinka inspite having badass weapons and teleporting skills? I like Rinka but Minami is also one of my fav characters in this show even though she's a villain. And, they didn't explain who those 2 characters who "took the bait" were and what exactly were the professor's plans? Rushed ending!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 27, 2014 8:40 PM

May 2013
Lol, girl fight for Azuma.
Lol, when the building started falling, everyone broke the laws of Physics.

With fish everywhere, Rinka just has to get her powers back.

Lol, Pelico just owned the Professor.
Oh wait, Godlike dude and his little sister pwned the Professor.

Ending was okay. There are still some things I'm wondering about.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 28, 2014 1:07 AM

Oct 2008
jbeat said:
Could have been better. Personally enjoyed the anime but the ending killed it. Minami couldn't kill Rinka inspite having badass weapons and teleporting skills? I like Rinka but Minami is also one of my fav characters in this show even though she's a villain. And, they didn't explain who those 2 characters who "took the bait" were and what exactly were the professor's plans? Rushed ending!!

also, as for me Minami is sexier and better than Rinka.

Sep 28, 2014 5:34 AM

Feb 2013
professor was the best character. there were some other fun characters but overall messy and rushed. will watch a second season if not solely for the fact that the terrible ED will be different.
Sep 28, 2014 9:02 AM

May 2007
I just did a mini-marathon of the last 4 episodes, I have to say it improved in those last few episodes because we managed to get a few answers to the motives of the antagonists and more concrete back-story to some of the characters. However, I can't deny that this anime seemed to have squandered a story that had potential unless the manga is like this too, which I sort of doubt because of the high praise it's been given.

Overall, my initial thoughts are that Ga-Rei (not the anime, I'm talking about the manga) was great and the story in Tokyo ESP isn't as good but I'm going to have to read the manga to see if that comparison will still hold.

I'm going to be generous and give this anime a 7/10, it was mixed with some good and some down-right awful characters that seemed misplaced in this story as well as the anime having a few questionable seiyuus voicing certain characters like Ayumu, who's voiced by the veteran seiyuu, Megumi Ogata, who voice EVA's Shinji Ikari..........Ayumu just sounded horrible.
Sep 28, 2014 9:23 AM

Aug 2010
What a terrible show. Poorly written, soulless, regurgitated cliches , pathetic characters, meh story. Just awful, I was screaming at the monitor since ep 8 for the protagonists to die so that it would have been over sooner. 3/10.
Sep 28, 2014 10:09 AM

Dec 2011
Dat samurai guy has muscles of steel it would seem XD.

Dat cat fight doe...

It looks like reinforcements have arrived.

Ohooo, Kobushi's really powerful now :o

Wow... Kyoutarou has actually made it back home lol.

The weakling has made his appearance and it seems that the pelican is more powerful than him and saved him... jeez...

Mind was blown... duh effin hell were those two that killed the Professor lol...

Well... Kyoutarou seems as useless as always and this anime has not lived up to my expectations... I can only hope that if they'll make a 2nd season it will be better...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 28, 2014 10:43 AM
Apr 2014
Damn that end. Right when the good part starts it's over >.> I hope they make another season :< Not because it was that good but because it looks like the story becomes interesting now.
Sep 28, 2014 11:10 AM

Mar 2014
The fun fact is that Rinka beats everyone without ESP power easily and in the end she says "only ESP defeats ESP". Such troll :D
Sep 28, 2014 12:55 PM

Nov 2012
This was a very mediocre series after the first episode or 2... which is sad because with the premise of people with unique superpowers and a conflict against normal humans , it seemed very interesting, but it wasn't executed very well at all.

How the hell did the red head girl actually manage to kill beat that ultra powerful guy that was levitating the government building? Don't know where that came from, especially b/c she was out of commission for so long.

6/10.. very tempted to give a 5 but there were the first episodes and the one professor flashback ep were done pretty good.
Sep 28, 2014 1:06 PM

Nov 2012
The best thing about this anime may have been the Yomi and Kagura cameos in episode 1 and 11 sadly
Sep 28, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2008
Wow.

There are a lot of things you can cut out or change in an adaptation but whoever decided that "heroes beat the bad guy" should be left out in favor of "random gods show up and finish off the bad guy" should be fired.
Sep 28, 2014 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
This one was very weird. I didn't really like it in the beginning and it ended out being the weakest I've seen this season (in my opinion). The ending was not really what I was expecting and I don't really think a second season is required.
Sep 28, 2014 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
Sigh, what a trainwreck. Extremely rushed with weakly-animated action scenes with a poor choice of BGM & the usual sound that lacks impact. People just joining in on the action almost out of nowhere, Kobushi exposing some king of ultra-super-move of hers that she got through training complete off-screen...

Tokyo ESP is without doubt, the anime I was most disappointed with this summer. I liked the premise, I really liked Rinka and I might've liked Kyoutarou more too if the anime didn't decide to keep him out of any important events for like half of it's run but the execution was horrendous, especially towards the end. The first few episodes are misleading as hell but I'm grateful that they made me interested enough in order to read the manga and I can finally do that with a clear conscience now that the anime's over.

All that being said, I still found it moderately entertaining so it get's a 6/10 from me - a rather generous score for what was probably the worst adaptation of the season.
Sep 28, 2014 7:38 PM

Sep 2008
WolfChaos said:
I expected much more out of this anime since Ga-Rei Zero was amazing.

::sigh:: The moment I learned that the creative team LARGELY responsible for Ga-Rei Zero were off working on Aldnoah.Zero, I should have bailed. But against my better judgement, I kept watching and hoping it would improve. I feel rather foolish now. If this show were getting MAPPA or Bones animation treatment, I could have forgiven some of the substandard writing (i.e. sakuga distraction).

midnightblade said:
The best thing about this anime may have been the Yomi and Kagura cameos in episode 1 and 11 sadly

It warms my heart to see they have a 'happy ending', but did it need to be in this crap universe.
Sep 29, 2014 2:45 AM

Oct 2008
midnightblade said:

Someone beat me to saying it. (^.^;)
Sep 29, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2012
So.. Azuma changed clothes before returning to battle? lol.. That reminds me of Ashiya from Hataraku Maou-sama!
Sep 29, 2014 10:13 AM

Apr 2013
The concept had so much potential, and it feels like it was a total waste.
Sep 29, 2014 6:38 PM

Dec 2013
I would say that the animation even for the finale was pretty bad.. We get explosions that suddenly disappear and the fight scenes felt like moving pictures. The battles were so bad and got over in an instant with cheap one-shottings.

The panda is such a joke. The fact that his mouth remain closed all the time even when he talks irritates me.

3/10
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Revenant_ - Jul 18, 2014

183 by doliwaq »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

83 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

328 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

66 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 3:27 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

77 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.