Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 29, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2009
terrible.
only thing good about the show is the char designs. animation, plot, directing; the whole execution just fell short.
4/10 for BAD.
Sep 29, 2014 9:18 PM
Apr 2011
It kept getting worse and worse
Sep 30, 2014 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
The last episodes were ok but the very last was rushed and that final battle with Minami very bad in my opinion.
Overall score: 6/10
Oct 1, 2014 11:31 PM

May 2011
Ever since the beginning of this show the first thing that irritated me was how the characters faces were drawn..yes it's something minor but I couldn't to get over it. So I continued watching then the story got weak and I felt things would eventually get better somehow. then the show finally made it to the ending & I have no idea why I kept watching. I'd be surprised if this show gets a second season

4/10 for me
Oct 1, 2014 11:43 PM

Jun 2012
Wow that ended badly, IMO. Felt rushed as hell, some unknown people coming out of nowhere. Wasn't captivated at all in last "epic" battle (and by every other fight as well). Animation was weak, and felt the OST in the last fight wasn't fitting at all. I did however enjoyed this a bit, especially in the first few episodes, but it just went downhill.
Oct 2, 2014 4:02 AM

Oct 2009
What just happened? .....I don't even care to give a proper critic for the series right now, god the show was horrendous. Only reason I didn't drop this was cos of Minami and I was hoping Yomi would show up and kill them all >_>!
I can't even begin to understand people who are rating this a 7 or 8/10..

3/10, only cos it started out fairly decent, some of the parodies and Ga-Rei feels.
AozureOct 4, 2014 8:40 AM
Oct 2, 2014 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
Space Dandy's last episode was amazing and Zankyou no terror was just perfect for me. I know a lot of people didn't like it but imo it was the right and best way they could end it.
Oct 2, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2012
i wonder if this will get a season 2 if the manga ever progresses fast enough and it sells well.
Oct 2, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2012
thracias said:
So the professor was supposedly a good guy all along? Kind of lame.

good intention

bad way of approaching.
Oct 4, 2014 7:42 AM

Jan 2011
midnightblade said:
The best thing about this anime may have been the Yomi and Kagura cameos in episode 1 and 11 sadly
sadly true for me too...

combine the bad story from the manga with the bad animations, we get the worst series that i able to finish
Oct 5, 2014 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
The final battle is the worst thing about this anime. Felt so blunt and so anticlimatic.
Oct 5, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2013
Can someone please explain to me what exactly happened at the end? I mean, like was that the start of a new arc in the manga or something? Why the hell did two deities suddenly pop down from nowhere and pop the Professor's heart? Why did the Professor have to hide the Ark from them? Why dafuq did he not tell Azuma ANYTHING???

Seriously guys, was this how the manga ended as well? It's confusing as hell...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 8, 2014 10:01 AM

Jun 2013
The battles are boring and this episode was the worst. Azuma was useless in the whole story, doing nothing but be kidnapped, while all the other were developed.

Did Rinka said that we cannot fight espers without ESP ? she fights with Minami only 10 minutes ago !

An another example of an anime good at first, but fail at last. I expect another season as the manga continue.
Oct 11, 2014 7:11 AM
Jul 2018
worst anime ever.
Oct 11, 2014 10:09 PM

Jun 2010
klaymore said:
midnightblade said:
The best thing about this anime may have been the Yomi and Kagura cameos in episode 1 and 11 sadly
sadly true for me too...

combine the bad story from the manga with the bad animations, we get the worst series that i able to finish

i watched this just because of those two
Oct 12, 2014 9:30 AM

Oct 2008
It was fine for one.
I don't know what people expected after wolverine, Steven Segal, Yoda, John Travolta, Leonidas, Ghost Busters appeared. There are horrible shows, rated way above this one.
Yes, im looking at you Sousei no Aquarion.
Although the show itself tries to be serious, with these characters implemented, i just can't take it as one. But that's all there is to it for me.
I enjoyed watching it, and i would be in for another ride.
7/10

@Aozure Different people, different taste.
Also, if i wanted to look for the holes on a net, i'd have become a criticist.
Oct 19, 2014 12:01 AM

May 2014
Man, that was a good episode. I'm satisfied with this ending. 8/10
Oct 28, 2014 8:03 AM
May 2012
Totally did not expect that ending, but they did handle this quite well.

It wasn't really that bad, but could've used more potential.

7/10
Nov 3, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2011
Shaniyaz said:
Minami vs. Rinka wasn't as awesome as expected. Even with 2 swords, Minami was a flop case. She had plenty of chances to strike a fatal blow.
Also, noticed how Rinka was about to fall from the building twice and was (indirectly) saved by Minami both times. 1st time, with a sword attack from the opposite side (3:57 - 4:03) and 2nd time, with a grenade blow. (4:43 -5:03).
Rinka wins the battle in style. She's definitely better off fighting without ESP.

Those formidable-looking costumed guys got owned way too easily. I guess luck played a major role on the good side? That's the only way to explain how the fights ended even before properly starting.

All of a sudden, that big Bird is on equal footing with the Professor? We never even got to know how! Luck once again, maybe?
Minami got rendered ineffective by Azuma's words. Good way to keep her at bay while get it going with Rinka. XD

What the hell was with Professor sounding like a good guy after some random Esper backstabbing him? Was he possessed this whole time or what? O.o

Weak finale. This had good potentials but couldn't live up to it at the end. 6/10.

Rinka never gave a fatal blow because she didn't want to kill Minami.

The big bird was a telepath as well so of course they can cancel each other's powers.

The professor did mention about them taking the bait, so he was actually expecting those two to come in and fight. For some reason, that the rest was not explained. So he pretty much was acting like the bad guy so Rinka and Kyotaru would train/practice/get stronger to actually fight the two in the end. For the meantime they have all those new espers doing crimes to worry about.

I expect a 2nd season, this last 2 episodes seemed rushed, but the story in all seemed interesting.

8/10
Nov 3, 2014 5:50 PM
May 2011
I was very satisfied with how it ended.
Nov 5, 2014 6:03 PM

May 2012
A fairly decent ending but well this episodes pace was really the worst... other than that it was in general pretty proper for the last episode and well besides the horrible pacing of the whole anime it was pretty fine on itself. 6/10
Nov 19, 2014 8:22 AM

Apr 2012
GoMarcia said:
Too rushed IMO, bad finale, bad episode, bad anime
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 8, 2014 4:27 AM

Jun 2013
This shit is finally over. No sequels please.
Dec 23, 2014 1:35 AM

Jan 2012
this show just went full retard with this EP

don't even need to elaborate.. and it has nothing to do with open ending

7/10 overall and i'm being very generous

3/10 for this EP
Dec 24, 2014 6:00 PM

Jul 2009
I've saw in this series:

Wolverine as Rinka's father.
Leonidas I as Murasaki's father.
Steven Seagal as Cayce.
Ga Rei Zero characters at the first and 11th episodes.
Anti-esper squad disappear after the 11th episode.
I though it was Inari Konkon at the start (lmfao)
Franklin from GTA makes an appearance at 1:03 during the first episode (wtf?).
Ghostbusters at the 3rd episode (5:00~6:00).

Oh man I could say a lot more but....lol...this is just absurdly funny.

5/10 for this and I'm being generous due X-mas.
Jan 13, 2015 6:54 AM

Sep 2008
MoonXArtemis said:
Shaniyaz said:
Minami vs. Rinka wasn't as awesome as expected. Even with 2 swords, Minami was a flop case. She had plenty of chances to strike a fatal blow.
Also, noticed how Rinka was about to fall from the building twice and was (indirectly) saved by Minami both times. 1st time, with a sword attack from the opposite side (3:57 - 4:03) and 2nd time, with a grenade blow. (4:43 -5:03).
Rinka wins the battle in style. She's definitely better off fighting without ESP.

Those formidable-looking costumed guys got owned way too easily. I guess luck played a major role on the good side? That's the only way to explain how the fights ended even before properly starting.

All of a sudden, that big Bird is on equal footing with the Professor? We never even got to know how! Luck once again, maybe?
Minami got rendered ineffective by Azuma's words. Good way to keep her at bay while get it going with Rinka. XD

What the hell was with Professor sounding like a good guy after some random Esper backstabbing him? Was he possessed this whole time or what? O.o

Weak finale. This had good potentials but couldn't live up to it at the end. 6/10.

Rinka never gave a fatal blow because she didn't want to kill Minami.

The big bird was a telepath as well so of course they can cancel each other's powers.

The professor did mention about them taking the bait, so he was actually expecting those two to come in and fight. For some reason, that the rest was not explained. So he pretty much was acting like the bad guy so Rinka and Kyotaru would train/practice/get stronger to actually fight the two in the end. For the meantime they have all those new espers doing crimes to worry about.

I expect a 2nd season, this last 2 episodes seemed rushed, but the story in all seemed interesting.

8/10

Minami could have just teleported Rinka really high and just drop her. Or all sorts of different ways with the method of dropping her.

The story behind that bird was never explained, just a plot device to help them win with also other characters getting stronger with no explanation.

Acting like a bad guy doesn't stop the fact they killed tons of people. That was probably worst part of the series, pretending to be a bad guy to help train Kyotaro by letting your minions kill people left and right? Stupid.

6/10, this anime had potential but bad writing and character development was a huge issue in this. Oh no, they killed my family, instead of getting revenge on the ringleaders, lets just kill tons of innocent people by making a big name for myself and then just pretend I was a good guy the whole time. xD People's standards are so low these days lol.
Jan 25, 2015 11:22 AM

Jul 2013
So another anime lets make quick intro into manga and if so one want more they can read them selves? Its same as ga rei just i liked characters far less. I am a people who tends to ignore plot holes and if need to come up with my own explanations, whats why this show to me looked like good intro into some interesting story with a lot of action and super power fights.
It is interesting to see real enemies with real powers not just imaginary telepathy (just dont know why no one can escape imagination on their one) I just cant imagine how lame super power MCs can win vs real enemies, now i need to read some manga spoiler (still i am not gonna read it all)
Feb 20, 2015 10:16 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So they start the show by showing the current situation, then go back in time before the events occurred to add story and character development and then it rapidly goes back to where it started.

No happy ending as well. Well I give the show props for that, it would have been cheesy if the show ended in some happy ending. At least here they left it open for a possible second season.

I was a bit confused as to what that thing was at the end when it attacked the Professor. It seemed like the Ultimate Boss that came out suddenly, fish stone perhaps.

Mar 17, 2015 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
Once again the narrative fails to capitalize on the potential of which was available, mortifying the plot that apparently was only hinted at in this TV series.
Drawings and animations are really mediocre and the choreography of the fighting leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I'm really sorry.
Soundtrack still valid as catchiness and beauty.
Interesting characters, underused and characterized recently, another mistake.
Overall this TV series had excellent margins to be exploited, as for the series Ga-Rei Zero.
Really a shame not exploiting yet another opportunity to do justice to a very interesting story, so my rating is 6.5 / 10!

P.S. In the end, the best character seems to be the Professor.
Mar 23, 2015 3:52 PM

Sep 2009
I expected so much from this anime. The ending was a little bit rushed and I think there will be a sequel.
I don't like the way Azuma treats Rinka and that bitch Minami. It's like Azuma has feelings for Minami but he's with Rinka because he knows that Rinka believes in him and I think he only sees Rinka as a "Hero".
Apr 7, 2015 3:34 PM

Aug 2011
Damnnnnn I was so disappointed
I seriously feel like I just wasted my time...
The main character is just pathetic .. C'mon how can you be that useless...
I won"t even talk about how it ended... *sigh*
Apr 16, 2015 7:41 PM

May 2009
Finally got around to watching this one, I really liked the manga so rushing this through the whole training during Rinka's stay in the facility was prett awful since it gives no explanation whatsoever how come she can fight in complete darkness and such, as well as Kobushi's extreme power-up. Rinka spent a few monts in that "prison" and during that time underwent extreme blindfold training in order to be able to fight "invisible" enemies (Minami) and Kobushi was training on her own while hiding, in here it felt like only a few days have passed and she suddenly powers up.

Anyways, the adaptation was horrible, but they nailed it with a few parts, such as the backstory of the Professor and probably one my favorite parts just because of the absurdness of it: Pelico, voiced by Chihara fucking Minori... priceless. Didn't love this series but it was okay, kept me entertained.
Apr 25, 2015 1:40 AM

Jan 2012
And so Rinka and her friends win the battle, but the war goes on...

I'm left a bit disappointed with this one. I wanted to enjoy it more than I really did. I thought it started out fine...well after pulling the "early glimpse of the climax" bit during the first episode anyway. I didn't mind the X-Men style setup. I took a liking towards Rinka, her dad, Ayumu, Murasaki, and Kobushi. I even got a kick out of the characters who were clearly designed after other famous characters. It was the pace of the plot itself, and a few key underdeveloped characters that got me. I read plenty of complaints on the pacing of this one. I'm not a manga reader but yeah, this reeked of things happening only to advance the plot with little to no breathing room. I assume all this was handled better in the manga. As were, I also assume, Minami and Kyoutaro. By the time Minami's motivations were revealed, kinda poorly, I gave up on the character. I only liked the few times Rinka wailed on her out of any time she was on screen. The open ending seems to suggest more was meant for her but...I simply don't care. Kyoutaro started out ok, if bland, but became pretty much useless for the final 2/3rds of the story. He felt only still there out of obligation by the end and I stopped caring about him. The Professor character was much the same as Minami, although I didn't mind as much when he was onscreen. I'm not even gonna comment on the Raiders-esque origin of the powers or the "freaks vs. norms" stuff going on in the background, it all felt insignificant, tacked on even. That stuff aside this was alright I guess. The art and animation left much to be desired. So uhhh...yeah, a 6/10 I guess.
May 21, 2015 2:09 AM

Dec 2008
CROW HEAD LIVES BAYBEH!!! and white girl..rofl.....THE Alternaverse quasi xmen RULE!! lol I sincerely hope there is a sequel...but....the industry is rife with let downs. Aside from all the X references and virtual rip offs, from characters to the alterations of the veritable theme of the 90s animated show itself, I still liked this a TON more than crappy ga rei....THIS SHOW GETS!!!!! 7.5/10!!!! ^~~^ CROW HEAD!!
May 26, 2015 6:16 AM

Feb 2015
Wow, what a rush...

I guess we'll be seeing a 2nd season because there are some unexplained parts or this is their way of telling you to go and read the manga.
Jun 2, 2015 4:30 AM

Jun 2008
When the nest moments of the show are cameos from another show(Ga-Rei:Zero) then you know the shit ain't really good.

So the bad guys ultimate plan was to get on top of that tower and release all the fishes. Well he could have done that from episode one really. There was nothing stopping him from getting on top of that tower in the middle of the night and open his magical fish box. No reason to make all those attacks or lift the parliament as a distraction really so WTF!, this shit makes no sense.

Also, yes lets no kill the penguin because all the fish inside him will be released and we don't want that despite released a tone ourselves and in the end our plan was to release them all over town. Sense this makes none, as the panda(Yoda) master would have said lol.

xchee said:
Was this really made by the guy who made Ga-Rei Zero? Or is this train wreck the studio's fault? I tried liking it but it only felt like a poor man's *insert sci-fi/ hero show here* parody.

5/10.

No this was not made by the guy who made Ga-Rei:Zero. This was made by the guy who made Ga-Rei. Ga-Rei:Zero was a prequel to Ga-Rei and was not a manga material. Basically it was anime original. Ga-Rei isn't close as good as Ga-Rei:Zero.
That means the mangaka isn't really that great and the great one was the scriptwriter and director of Ga-Rei:Zero.
So this is probably another mediocre manga by the same guy that this time was made even more mediocre by a bad adaptation.
Jun 20, 2015 11:21 PM
May 2010
I find it funny how anime like this has no conclusion in the end... it is just some vague justice thingy and hero plays.

What the heck is up with that pandaman? Isn't he supposed to be a kongfu master or some sort? Look at how weak he is... it is to the point of laughable.

Not sure how to feel about this episode...the enemies suddenly become so easy to defeat like they are screaming out loud "The series is about to end soon!! Just f**ing kill me already!!"

What were those asspulls?? Some random strangers just pop out of nowhere and killed the professor?? What the heck did the professor mean by the bait has come? So his plan all this time was to "destroy humanity to lure out the evil" BS? Like, seriously, wtf?
jimmy2027Jun 20, 2015 11:26 PM
Sep 13, 2015 8:03 PM

Jun 2013
It was okay. Don't really get the whole hero thing. 6/10
Dec 22, 2015 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
Not sure why there were just 2 random characters at the end taking over the place of the Professor.
Anyhow, the show had a lot of potential, everything was really good but it just didnt quite deliver.

7/10 from me because of the somewhat rushed ending. (+ random guys killing Professor)
I'm really looking forward to the 2nd season, if it's a thing.
Feb 3, 2016 7:53 AM

Feb 2009
It was a really good final episode, but it's unfinished. I'd like a 2nd season. The 2 unknown character were unnecessary.
I think I will reading the manga in near future.
8/10
Jul 11, 2016 1:43 PM

May 2008
It wasn't that bad but not one of the good anime that will get a second season :/
Too bad... Those new enemies looks pretty strong and interesting.
Mar 14, 2017 11:01 PM

Sep 2013
Good ending, but what a cliffhanger. Who the Hell were those 2 people at the end? Is there a season 2 or am I gonna have to read the mange from this point forward?

9/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 25, 2017 8:26 PM
Sep 2015
So, none of this is many any sense whatsoever. From the pelican(?) who gained human intellect because of the fish, to the invisible girl who somehow trained in a few month's to unleash astral projection attacks, to the flying guy who also has a whole non-fish related superpower, to MC who is, just a high school girl with martial arts skills going up against supers, to ALL THE TERRORIST ACTIVITIES BEING COMPLETELY POINTLESS SINCE PROF COULD'VE JUST RELEASED THE FISH FROM THE TOWER AT ANY TIME WITHOUT KILLING A SINGLE PERSON BEFOREHAND. And the ending words of this terrorist, "be a hero", WTF??

And of course plus all the idiot balls thrown all over the place.

Now I understand why the MAL rating for the show is so low. I was still entertained most of the time though, so 7/10 from me.

grave_robber said:
I didn't expect the professor to be a good guy, that was a nice twist.

Um, what makes you think that mass murdering terrorist was a good guy in any way shape or form?

Talon184 said:
Who the Hell were those 2 people at the end?

I'm assuming they work for that secret government faction or whatever who had the diplomat slaughter all those researchers.
kalinimeMar 25, 2017 8:35 PM
Mar 26, 2017 4:24 AM

Mar 2009
kalinime said:

grave_robber said:
I didn't expect the professor to be a good guy, that was a nice twist.

Um, what makes you think that mass murdering terrorist was a good guy in any way shape or form?

No clue, I honestly don't remember much about the show anymore. I remember the MC and some guy with her, his sister or the girl who likes him was with the bad guys? I've no idea who the professor is...

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Mar 26, 2017 1:23 PM
Sep 2015
grave_robber said:
kalinime said:

No clue, I honestly don't remember much about the show anymore. I remember the MC and some guy with her, his sister or the girl who likes him was with the bad guys? I've no idea who the professor is...

Lol, yeah it has been a while for you hasn't it. Professor was the main villain, the leader of the esper terorrist group who killed a lot of people and took over the parliament(?) building as a distraction from releasing the esper granting fishes from a high tower (something he could've done without any distractions required btw.) He was also the adopted father of the idealistic guy with MC.
Mar 29, 2017 1:12 PM

Mar 2009
@kalinime, thanks! I remember a bit more now, still no idea why I said that. It seems clear that he's evil.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Mar 31, 2017 10:11 AM
Sep 2015
grave_robber said:
@kalinime, thanks! I remember a bit more now, still no idea why I said that. It seems clear that he's evil.

His final words, as he was killed by other villains, were to his adopted son/MC's friend to "become a real hero" or something like that. Which is something you'd expect a good guy martyring himself to say, I guess.
Nov 30, 2017 12:23 PM
Mar 2017
I'm not sure. Are those two god of that stone or something? I need to find the answer. Can anyone tell me in which chapter end the Anime? I will read the Manga from tht chapter. And I actually didn't get the characters from Ga rei I watched that too though.
Nov 10, 2019 4:25 AM
Jan 2017
the anime wa rushed,, very bad for ending,,
7/10
Feb 28, 2020 11:15 PM
Jan 2017
sooo yeahhh that sucked in the end.
This whole anime after a few episodes I didnt like that much. Its like Rising of the shield hero, watching the main protagionist get kicked to shit y life circumsatnces is hard to watch but they had good people to balance it out.
In this show they still have good people but I feel it focuses more on all the bad shit happening. and the ending was not nearly as uplifting nooor was it entertaning by having the angonist literally do a 180. he was alll kill the adopted son, and then wiat dont killl him
*sees deadly chars we never saw*
"I accept jesus as lord and savior" aka "you son you must live" *dead*
Thats how that appeared to me.
The penguin was cute and the charcters were ok but I feel after episode one it kinda went down hill form there
4/10
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Revenant_ - Jul 18, 2014

183 by doliwaq »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

83 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

328 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

66 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 3:27 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

77 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.