Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And...they decided to wrap this up in a big fight. I can't say I'm surprised. We get Minami vs Rinka although I notice Rinka is doing a lot better than their previous encounter.

I thought the fight felt freaking fast...

Some nice OST and teamwork I guess. The finale pretty much went right for the climax to conclude this arc. Mm, it was good to see Azuma return to the fight but the ending was a bit predictable. Oh well, I didn't expect too much from this.

Stark700Sep 26, 2014 11:38 AM
Sep 26, 2014 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
Too rushed IMO, bad finale, bad episode, bad anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2014 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
10/10 nice finale
Sep 26, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2010
... Who were those esper that killed the professor? Really felt like a deus ex machina for that part >.>
The guy who was making the pariliament float defeated by one punch.

Well since a lot of fishes was released, more became espers and crime rate increased. Becoming the hero of the city.
Well, this was okay but not sure on how to rate this exactly. Everything just happened so fast.
Sep 26, 2014 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

I wonder who were those two espers that killed professor.

Lots of people became espers and the crime rates are increasing.
Sep 26, 2014 12:41 PM

Nov 2012
Not so bad, it felt a bit rushed......
The ending was not so bad, but I would have liked to see Kyoutarou and Rinka kiss.
So who hell was the professor fighting?...... all he did was for nothing, it was just a trial for Kyoutarou, WTF......
Feel sorry for Minami.....
Sep 26, 2014 12:43 PM
Mar 2014
It kind of feels like they wanted a S2. I can't see it happening though.
Sep 26, 2014 12:45 PM
Mar 2013
Welp that was ok I guess.

Would have like it more if the animation didnt suck so bad on some scenes.

Felt like I was watching Shin chan at some points.
Sep 26, 2014 12:47 PM

Jun 2012
I really wanted to like this and I kinda did, but it just wasn't that good... That ending was pretty bad especially.

Redhead comes and one-shots strongest guy there? When did she even train when she was recovering at Rinka's place for the majority of time. Then bird comes and defeats last boss, The End.

It felt so disappointing, and even though I loved theme in this, story just wasn't told well.

6/10 from me.
Sep 26, 2014 1:07 PM

Aug 2014
The animes this summer does not end good at all...
Sep 26, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2010
Who the hell were those God like two who came out of nowhere? XD

And quite a lol end with how Rinka and co became heroes of justice :P

7.5/10
Sep 26, 2014 1:09 PM
Mar 2014
Sweanime said:

Generally no, but I have high hopes for Barakamon.
Sep 26, 2014 1:12 PM
Sep 2012
jose21 said:
Not so bad, it felt a bit rushed......
The ending was not so bad, but I would have liked to see Kyoutarou and Rinka kiss.
So who hell was the professor fighting?...... all he did was for nothing, it was just a trial for Kyoutarou, WTF......
Feel sorry for Minami.....
Yeah, some romantic conclusion would've been nice.
I doubt this is getting a season two; the dvds and Blu rays might sell well enough for one but I dont really see it happening.
I guess this anime deserves 6.5 or 7. I can't say I regret watching it.
Sep 26, 2014 1:14 PM

Jun 2012
Sweanime said:

Zankyou no Terror and DRAMAtical Murder had pretty good endings, imo. Bakumatsu Rock too... I guess :D

But yea, most had pretty meh endings.
Sep 26, 2014 1:17 PM
Sep 2012
Sweanime said:

Aldnoah Zero had incredible finale.
I felt Gekkan Shoujo trolled me a little but that was the right way to end it.
I wonder what the Space Dandy finale be like....
Sep 26, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
So the professor was supposedly a good guy all along? Kind of lame.
Sep 26, 2014 1:20 PM

Aug 2014
bakuenjincamillo said:
Sweanime said:

Aldnoah Zero had incredible finale.
I felt Gekkan Shoujo trolled me a little but that was the right way to end it.
I wonder what the Space Dandy finale be like....

Aldnoah zero and zankyou no terror is very good though :D
Sep 26, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
was an ok last episode.

for me rinka getting beaten up so much in the school then suddenly being able to fight everyone broke the series...

i still would not mind a second season

overall it was alright
Sep 26, 2014 1:49 PM

Dec 2012
Wait,what about Minami? She's just captive there,and that's it? What the fuck.

Karpola said:
No way this trainwreck gets a second season.
Sep 26, 2014 1:51 PM

Feb 2014
To be fair, i didn't expect the professor to be a good guy... but it appears out of nowhere. And who the was that guy who killed him anyways? Weird ending. 7/10.
Sep 26, 2014 2:10 PM
Oct 2008
I stayed hoping to see more Ga-Rei Cameos after the 1st episode... I really shouldn't have.

3/10
Sep 26, 2014 2:11 PM

May 2009
I wish they include Yoda's unmasking in anime

But Disney would sue them.
Sep 26, 2014 2:12 PM
Mar 2013
If you still want to get the plot of this anime, it's better to read the manga. A lot more is explained. Oh well, this episode was pretty decent and I'm still really captivated by the OST. Someone said this was a train wreck but it honestly wasn't that bad especially after the horrors of last season's Black Bullet uugh.

Ends on a 8 because I rate on how I enjoy things.
Sep 26, 2014 2:22 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty interesting cliffhanger. Although I didn't care much for Rinka vs Minami.
Sep 26, 2014 2:52 PM
Jan 2014
The only good part of this trainwreck was episode 1. It all fell apart afterwards.

I should've dropped this earlier. The animation had some horrendous parts and the OST was very unfitting and felt rushed, like the rest of the anime. The plot was all over the place and the characters were one of the biggest stereotypes I've seen so far.

Glad this is over and I hope it doesn't get another season. 4/10.
Sep 26, 2014 3:19 PM

Apr 2011
This ending watches kinda like a 'For further enjoyment, read the manga!' advertisement ... the antagonist, it turns out, was playing the manipulative mentor the whole time and actually luring out what appeared to be the antagonists of the next arc, those godlike beings we saw at two occasions. The goddess is particularly fanservicey, with just those floating ribbons covering her naughty bits.

Enjoyed the series all around though, and it had my favorite ED of the season. 9/10
Sep 26, 2014 3:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was alright...Overall I enjoyed this series a lot and it was my biggest surprise because I thought it was going to suck

8/10
Sep 26, 2014 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
Cheesy,cliché,stupid.

2/10
Sep 26, 2014 4:04 PM

Jun 2014
That was a straight shit ending.
I ahd no idea what was happening, the fights were shaky and boring, the whole episode looked like over exposed film.
The entire anime wasn't TERRIBLE but damn that ending knocked a few points off the score by its self.
5...maybe 6 out of ten.
The whole episode just felt WAY out of place.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 26, 2014 4:58 PM

Mar 2012
Best part of this anime are the bewbs :3 jk This anime was meh imo. 6/10. The fanservice was better than the anime itself.
b1GZZSep 26, 2014 5:06 PM
Sep 26, 2014 5:09 PM

Feb 2013
Minami couldn't beat a powerless Rinka despite having a sword and teleportation powers?

2 random whatsthereface's off the prof? What a load of bullshit

Fuck this show
gedataApr 27, 2015 11:30 AM
Sep 26, 2014 5:27 PM

Mar 2013
Was it just me or did the anime leave lots of stuff from the manga? It felt rushed and changed a bit.
This episode in particular felt like it didn't have the usual animation and didn't excite me much -- like they tried throwing everything else left to fit in the episode without much quality.

Overall, the anime was ok.
Sep 26, 2014 6:48 PM

Dec 2008
Gawd, this was a lame final episode! Minami should have been beaten within 1mm of her life and then thrown from the top of Tokyo Tower.

I was planning on giving this a 7/10, but this finale makes it a 6/10 for me.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 26, 2014 7:09 PM

Jul 2013
Tokyo ESP could have been better from a different studio instead of Xebec. The animation, action, sound, and art were all just a lackluster, and kind of embarrassing to watch. I would compliment about the ESP powers, the villain's backstory, and the music I guess.

The ending felt like it rushed the whole thing and the battle between Rinka and Minami, was.... Well IDK what to say, it was bland I guess.

Well nothing to say here, there are some good parts, but I wish a different studio should handle this. 6/10.

Sep 26, 2014 7:10 PM

Mar 2009
Decent finale, quite rushed though.

I didn't expect the professor to be a good guy, that was a nice twist. I'm wondering what the deal is with the new "bad guys" but I don't see this show getting another season.

Overall 6/10

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Sep 26, 2014 8:14 PM

Jun 2014
Overall 7/10!

The ending was pretty good! I was hoping for more a more romantic reunion between Rinka and Azuma. I really wish one of the two would have taken Minami out though b'cuz I couldn't stand that bitch!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 26, 2014 8:47 PM

Jan 2008
So the professor was actually aiming for an even bigger bad, "them" this whole time (like those robed siblings)? Perhaps that was the reason to keep Kyotaro alive, so that he may create that "miracle" he sensed in him, and fight against that bigger bad through a different path. At any rate, he's a goner now. And all that's left of the main force of opposition is Minami, and Kozuki who possesses the ark.

So now we have 4 main forces at large now: the heroes (main cast), the instigators that started this (what's left of the professor's team), the unknown enemy (likely a corrupt party within the government or company that has a super-powerful ESPer strike team), and finally the rest of the unaccounted new ESPers that are among the populace. The police/SDF don't count, since they were shit.

I'm glad the anti-esp police SDF was more or less wiped out after their treatment towards our heroes, and that Minami came back to her senses where she's not blindly following her psycho-dad. She should admit her feelings in full to Kyoutarou is she really wants the D, or else Rinka will beat her to the punch (or kick).

It's too bad we didn't see much of Kyoutarou kicking ass like he did when he fought that gang with a bat and their own guns. As for Kobushi, that grenade didn't do jack. The telepathy was neutralized at that point, but the prof was still standing like nothing happened after the grenade blew.

Is there any point to Kyoutarou still wearing that crow-mask? They've apparently forgone the effort of hiding their identities, so it's pretty much keeping up appearances at this point.

I wonder if they'll animate the Part 2 to this?
RMSfreedom said:
It kind of feels like they wanted a S2. I can't see it happening though.
Judging from the ratings, it doesn't seem likely. Although if it did happen, I'd still watch it, because I hate loose ends. Maybe the manga will be better than this.

b1GZZ said:
Best part of this anime are the bewbs.........The fanservice was better than the anime itself.
I agree with those statements.
Sep 26, 2014 9:02 PM

May 2013
Rushed. Rushed. Rushed. I hope they tell who killed Professor.

But yep, nice to have a good ending. Meh, XEBEC wasted its potential.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 26, 2014 9:40 PM

Jun 2008
Truly a waste of my time. ;( the premise have so much potential and yet the cheesy dialogues and the bad execution just have to be so jarring to be ignored. All those build up that leads to nothing and deus ex machina everywhere. The sense of threat that should have been there was not presented. Characters are incredibly bland and one-dimensional, things are just happening without given much convictions and backstory to them. Romance was incredibly forced, I can hardly feel any sense of chemistry between the characters since the drama was so badly executed. Bleh. Even though this is supposed to be parody of Hollywood, I can't even laugh at this shit, let alone taking it seriously. The finale was underwhelming and anticlimactic, so what exactly is the bloody point of introducing the two new mysterious characters at the last minute and what the heck was the professor ultimately plans to achieve in the first place? >_> the result of his so called master plan to change the world sure didn't seem to fit in with this ideal. The writing is so inconsistent I don't even know here to begin. -.- 4/10 :/ what a waste.
EstherellaSep 26, 2014 9:53 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2014 10:40 PM

Aug 2013
Was this really made by the guy who made Ga-Rei Zero? Or is this train wreck the studio's fault? I tried liking it but it only felt like a poor man's *insert sci-fi/ hero show here* parody.

5/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 26, 2014 10:59 PM

May 2012
6.90 seriously ? Thats even lower than Hamatora

Overall, the anime was good and entertaining
Sep 26, 2014 11:46 PM

Sep 2014
It's like someone forgot some episodes at home, realized this and sad "F*ck it", we'll cram it all into one episode. Then they realized, "Oh crap, we forgot to introduce two important characters and the reason the professor was doing all of this in the first place.....F*ck it!!!! We'll go over that in season 2".

I get that the two new ppl are some beings that are responsible for the fish and the professor somehow figured this out. So his plan was to create an army of the best, by means of having the heroes defeat the weak espers. Those remaining would then be strong enough to defeat this true threat. I'm sorry, but if this is what was suppose to happen, then to much time was spent in the back story.

The finale could have been done better to ease into a season two. I don't think an OVA on the professors story as to how he got all these people and planned all of this will do to save this show for a season two.

So how did this show do in regards to wrapping it all up?
Sep 26, 2014 11:57 PM

Jun 2013
This anime felt rushed. Still was pretty good though.

7/10
Sep 27, 2014 12:01 AM

Aug 2013
I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed this show.

I didn't read the manga, so the parts that felt rushed to me just seemed like the typical way shit gets sped up in a 12 episode action anime.

Minami...fucking awesome. Ends up not being able to kill Kyoutarou.

Who were those two esper gods that fucked shit up? Does that mean that the Professor actually had a hidden agenda behind his anti-hero motives? Since it seemed like everything he did was going to lead Kyoutarou in a certain direction when the time comes.

Fuck the haters. I liked the show. I liked the fight scenes and powers. I loved Minami and the Rinka fanservice. I'd really like a season 2.
Sep 27, 2014 12:09 AM

Nov 2013
horrid ending but it was relatively entertaining
Sep 27, 2014 12:11 AM
Mar 2013
Good anime, the ending felt rushed 7 for me :)
Sep 27, 2014 12:32 AM

Aug 2013
Last episode more agitated than the previous, new characters appeared, the story gave a little turn and there were good fights
The anime itself had a good development, but has not yet reached the quality of the manga, then who liked or was interested should read the manga, in the more there is not much to talk about anime ..
Sep 27, 2014 12:59 AM

Jan 2011
This was another flop of a show. It became a chore to get through and just flat out didn't care about any particular character.

The best part about this finale is our MC defeated more than half of the villains with no esper powers and then goes on to say only espers can defeat espers. The main villain gets killed by a random. Everyone has a spare grenade on their person it seems. The final fights were so laughable I found myself saying "my God" in my chair watching this. The fight sequences were patched together making them even less engaging. Everyone went down in some one hit KO variant. Just forget it lol 3/10. One of the worst batch of characters I've seen. Waste of time.
IZEROIISep 27, 2014 1:47 AM
Sep 27, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know if it's the bad source or poor job at adapting but this is quite terrible. It started off really promising but quickly became stupid. I really hate how useless the main characters are and how they suddenly have the power to overcome their enemies in a very short time after being absolutely defeated not too long before. That invisible girl's ki punch was ridiculous, when did she get that? is it even possible for a person to have 2 esper powers?

This is just Black Bullet all over again, plenty of promise but absolutely failed in execution and overall plot. 4/10
Sep 27, 2014 2:12 AM

Mar 2011
Rushed like hell.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Revenant_ - Jul 18, 2014

183 by doliwaq »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

83 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

328 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

66 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 3:27 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

77 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.