Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2014 12:37 PM

Feb 2012
This show has flaws, especially in the story department. A few unexplained things, lots of people complaining about 5 (I personally didn't mind her).
Even with its flaws though, I'm giving this show a 10/10. Even knowing the flaws it has, it was one of the best experiences I've had, and that's what a work of fiction needs to create. An amazing experience.
Thank you, Watanabe, for this masterpiece.
Sep 25, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
Reasonable recovery to a show that started so strong. The Sigur Ros reference at the end was kinda neat, very fitting. Overall a solid 7/10 show, the direction, visuals and OST are all 9/10 or 10/10 but the story leaves a bit to be desired.
Sep 25, 2014 12:38 PM

May 2013
That was a crazy ending. Sad to see Nine and Twelve gone. That was expected though. I really enjoyed this anime.
Sep 25, 2014 12:39 PM

Oct 2012
I'm really interested in this now, is there any chance to make season 2? Because, in my opinion, after all this: 9, dead, 12, dead, 5 dead, Shibazaki exposed all to the public... I don't think there can be a sequel to this story.. Is there any chance to make continuous story from this?
Btw, this would make a great movie material. I think.
それでも 今は 生きて 歌え ...
Sep 25, 2014 12:42 PM

Sep 2012
Truly a masterpiece. I see a lot of people being really harsh on the rating here, most likely because it wasn't a happy ending.

10/10.
Sep 25, 2014 12:43 PM

Mar 2013
America: Putting itself in places it doesn't belong 24/7
Sep 25, 2014 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
pakoko said:

Yeah it was a pretty anticlimactic ending. There is a message in this anime, quite a beautiful one actually, but that message is muddled by the explosions and the pretty light shows. The show just did a shitty job of conveying the message, and this ending didn't really tie the plot and the message well. I've posted this in another thread, so I'll repost what I think the story of ZnT represents (edited to fit the ending):

Five social outcasts despise the life that society has given each of them, so they try to change that shitty life into something meaningful. Of course, they all basically fail miserably: Lisa only gets Nine and Twelve into more trouble by trying to do something for once in her life, Five dies without necessarily "beating" Nine, and Twelve ends up betraying one of his friends to save another that he shouldn't have befriended in the first place (and he dies too). Nine wants to be remembered in this world for who he is and what he did, but he doesn't live long enough to see that happen before his eyes. And Shibazaki had already failed once when he tried to investigate a case that he shouldn't have. Basically, these five have tried to make something of their lives and only got punished for stepping out of their comfort zones.

The title of the show is "Terror in Resonance," which is basically talking about a bomb. When a bomb explodes, people become terrified from the loud, resonating sound. People's reaction to others trying to act out of their comfort zones is similar to them reacting to an explosion: fear and rejection. The dark message, to me, is that the society doesn't always look kindly to those who try to step out of the norm. The only outcome for those who do, as shown by this show, is one of a meaningless struggle to be accepted into a world that has rejected them, especially in the case with Five, Nine and Twelve.

Hmmm... I didn't really catch that at all... I suppose in a way that could be a message of the show but it didn't do a good job with the execution of it. If the show was all about watching these people striving to fix their lives, why didn't it focus more on the characters and let me get to know them more so that I could actually care about them? Instead they made it all super serious/mysterious and all about riddles, mind games, and supernatural intelligence.

In order for me to care about them fixing their lives the show is supposed to show me why I should care in the first place. Lisa was the only one that really showed any hatred of her current life but she did next to nothing throughout the entire show. Shibazaki actually seemed happy where he was sometimes and Nine, Twelve and Five we barely got to know at all. Sorry but, if that was the message, it got lost and I couldn't see it at all, even if it makes a bit of sense.

Thank you for sharing that though.
Sep 25, 2014 12:44 PM

Feb 2012
come on i was hoping he'd press that button, has always US are freaking assholes ... The Truth!
Sep 25, 2014 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
The quality drop,which started by introducing Five has been felt until the very end.

Animation and OST were pretty good but the story was...lackluster,at the best.

5/10
Sep 25, 2014 12:48 PM

Oct 2012
ShinjuShoku said:
It almost would've worked better as a movie if they trimmed all of the stuff with Five, I felt like she didn't really have a purpose in the show at all other than to be an antagonist and ended up taking screen time away from Shibazaki who is a far more interesting character.
Sep 25, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
Wow. That was a pretty good ending. I'm sad that it was a bit short though. And I'm sad because the anime is finished :/

Sep 25, 2014 12:50 PM
Feb 2014
Well... overall, I give 8/10... which is kinda disappointing since I had almost no doubts the show would've ended as a 9 or 10 at the start of the season, but... oh well...

The atmosphere in this episode was beautiful. The first half was pretty epic...

It ended kinda nice, but yet, not so nice? Can't explain it... there's this feeling of satisfaction with the way nine and twelve managed to achieve their goals in the end, but the way they died leaves a bit of a bitter aftertaste...

skudoops said:
I may have gotten some of the details wrong but

skudoops said:
All I predict is that 9 will die due to the drug, then lisa and 12 will be happy for a bit with 12 then dying and lisa visiting their graves when she's an adult.

Close enough I guess.

The logic behind the US guy shooting 12 made no sense to me. He said don't kill the detective but he knows about everything, why would he blame the japanese government alone? LOL He's legit seeing you guys right now to! He was part of the airport and highway incidents so how is he not a threat?.. I can't even with the logic of this show sometimes.

I mean even worse is that the USA is going to allow this dude to nuke Japan just to cover up some minor (in comparison) incidents like that? Wtf? 5/10 or 6/10 .. not sure how I fully feel about it yet.

Yeah, I dont get that part either... it also kinda annoys me how the US seems to be able to do whatever shit they want on foreign soil. Also, annoys the hell outta me that the US guys probably got away scott free after all they've done... though, I guess it really wasnt Nine or Twelve's goals to go against them xp...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Sep 25, 2014 12:51 PM

Jan 2012
I agree with most people saying it kinda went downhill with the introduction of Five.
I mean, now people keep saying "best anime 2014", "best anime of the last few years", etc. and I just wonder... "why?"
It started to get pretty classic at a point. Like, extremely classic. Nothing I've never seen before. And in the end, it's a good show, but nothing really outstanding. Okay I'll give like a 6.5 or 7 but it was just... a good show among many others.

Apr 2013
such a fucking powerful song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxnqSTzq6-w

Aug 2011
Firstly, I'm surprised they actually blew up an atomic bomb in an anime. Even if there were no victims, that's still a pretty daring thing to do in Japan! I like that decision.

Secondly, why exactly did Shibazaki visit the graves...? Maybe I missed the part where they became heroes, but being part of an experiment during childhood doesn't turn you into one. Neither does it justify causing billions of dollars in damages and potentially costing many lives. Suddenly, they are worshipped for telling the truth about an old experiment conducted by a politician. Okay.
Sep 25, 2014 12:54 PM

Jun 2013
Keten said:
pakoko said:

Yeah it was a pretty anticlimactic ending. There is a message in this anime, quite a beautiful one actually, but that message is muddled by the explosions and the pretty light shows. The show just did a shitty job of conveying the message, and this ending didn't really tie the plot and the message well. I've posted this in another thread, so I'll repost what I think the story of ZnT represents (edited to fit the ending):

Five social outcasts despise the life that society has given each of them, so they try to change that shitty life into something meaningful. Of course, they all basically fail miserably: Lisa only gets Nine and Twelve into more trouble by trying to do something for once in her life, Five dies without necessarily "beating" Nine, and Twelve ends up betraying one of his friends to save another that he shouldn't have befriended in the first place (and he dies too). Nine wants to be remembered in this world for who he is and what he did, but he doesn't live long enough to see that happen before his eyes. And Shibazaki had already failed once when he tried to investigate a case that he shouldn't have. Basically, these five have tried to make something of their lives and only got punished for stepping out of their comfort zones.

The title of the show is "Terror in Resonance," which is basically talking about a bomb. When a bomb explodes, people become terrified from the loud, resonating sound. People's reaction to others trying to act out of their comfort zones is similar to them reacting to an explosion: fear and rejection. The dark message, to me, is that the society doesn't always look kindly to those who try to step out of the norm. The only outcome for those who do, as shown by this show, is one of a meaningless struggle to be accepted into a world that has rejected them, especially in the case with Five, Nine and Twelve.

Hmmm... I didn't really catch that at all... I suppose in a way that could be a message of the show but it didn't do a good job with the execution of it. If the show was all about watching these people striving to fix their lives, why didn't it focus more on the characters and let me get to know them more so that I could actually care about them? Instead they made it all super serious/mysterious and all about riddles, mind games, and supernatural intelligence.

In order for me to care about them fixing their lives the show is supposed to show me why I should care in the first place. Lisa was the only one that really showed any hatred of her current life but she did next to nothing throughout the entire show. Shibazaki actually seemed happy where he was sometimes and Nine, Twelve and Five we barely got to know at all. Sorry but, if that was the message, it got lost and I couldn't see it at all, even if it makes a bit of sense.

Thank you for sharing that though.

Hence why I said the message was muddled because of Watanabe's obsession with his flashy style of directing. He was so focused on making a spectacle out of the show that he didn't focus on what the show originally should have focused on: the characters. There's a mismatch between my message and the show because, like you said, we didn't get enough of the characters.
Sep 25, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2012
6/10

Wtf were Five's motives? Is she suppose to be a yandere? lol
Hallow characters; Lisa being the biggest offender and probably the worst female lead I've seen in a while. She felt more like a plot device than a main heroine. She was a catalyst for some character development in Twelve albeit it being weak development.
The terrorist plots were still thrilling to watch though and was probably the saving grace of the show along with the music.

tl/dr: the characters were shit

For the first half I really thought i was watching a 9/10 or even a 10/10 show but nopeeeeeee....... The second half was quite mediocre/ bad.

Sep 25, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
So I'm assuming the reason why 9 and 12 did all of that, was to proved that they existed, and that they did indeed leave a mark behind on the world. Since from the beginning they were nothing, wanted by no one. not needed by anyone. Really good show, it kinda got lame when they introduced 5, but other than that, this show had a very mature aspect embedded into it. It's good to see these kind of anime, 9/10
Sep 25, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2013
Terminaato said:
Firstly, I'm surprised they actually blew up an atomic bomb in an anime. Even if there were no victims, that's still a pretty daring thing to do in Japan! I like that decision.

Secondly, why exactly did Shibazaki visit the graves...? Maybe I missed the part where they became heroes, but being part of an experiment during childhood doesn't turn you into one. Neither does it justify causing billions of dollars in damages and potentially costing many lives. Suddenly, they are worshipped for telling the truth about an old experiment conducted by a politician. Okay.

Thank you. Just because they had a reason for blowing up the buildings doesn't justify doing so when it puts lives at risk and causes mass amounts of damage. If a cop shot my sister and covered it up, am I called a hero if I blow up a neighbors house just to get attention to expose the cop? They at least expected to be arrested though, so at least THEY knew they weren't heroes.

pakoko said:

Hence why I said the message was muddled because of Watanabe's obsession with his flashy style of directing. He was so focused on making a spectacle out of the show that he didn't focus on what the show originally should have focused on: the characters. There's a mismatch between my message and the show because, like you said, we didn't get enough of the characters.

Mhmm... One of the cases where I feel like if they kept it simplistic it might have worked a lot better.
Sep 25, 2014 12:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
pakoko said:
Pretty anticlimactic, but beautiful. It didn't end with an exciting bang, but a bang that fills your heart with a sort of emptiness. 8/10

Perfect way to express how I feel about the ending

Although neither Nine nor Twelve were fleshed out, their deaths were still rather heartbreaking, or I guess more like depressing. I guess it's because they put so much effort for their goal yet to end up dying and unable to see the success. Maybe the saddest part for me was when Nine told Shibazaki, "Remember us...remember...that we lived."

Overall, I really enjoyed this. The animation and art style was beautiful, it's always refreshing to see slightly more realistic character designs than the usual, and of course the ost was brilliant. Despite maybe not having the best plot/script nor character development, it was still an exciting experience. The atmosphere was nicely done too, especially in the last episode. I wasn't entirely expecting Nine and Twelve to die, but the scenes in this episode felt kind of forlorn, even the part when they were playing around. Anyways, it's safe to say that I'll miss this.
Sep 25, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
ZacksFair said:
I agree with most people saying it kinda went downhill with the introduction of Five.
I mean, now people keep saying "best anime 2014", "best anime of the last few years", etc. and I just wonder... "why?"
It started to get pretty classic at a point. Like, extremely classic. Nothing I've never seen before. And in the end, it's a good show, but nothing really outstanding. Okay I'll give like a 6.5 or 7 but it was just... a good show among many others.

you really don't see why people think it is great?

-cinematography
-atmosphere
-production quality
-outstanding soundtrack
-a good ending
-fantastic moments: be it the first terror act, the motorcycle scene, the chess game at the airport, the ferries wheel, the nuclear explosion with the aurora borealis appearing after it
-actual research (usage of TOR during the police hacking, the high altitude nuclear bomb, etc.)
-interesting take on the cliche superhuman drug tested on children story (savant syndrome)
xSanoxSep 25, 2014 1:07 PM
Sep 25, 2014 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
I wanna die right now.
10/10.
Sep 25, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2014
Nice ending.
Sep 25, 2014 1:10 PM

Feb 2014
I still don't understand what they accomplished in the end. Bringing more attention to Rising Peace Academy didn't really do anything since it was already shut down to begin with.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Sep 25, 2014 1:12 PM

Apr 2012
Pik3Rob said:
I still don't understand what they accomplished in the end. Bringing more attention to Rising Peace Academy didn't really do anything since it was already shut down to begin with.

They just wanted the public to recognize the human rights violation? lol

Sep 25, 2014 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
xSanox said:
ZacksFair said:

you really don't see why people think it is great?

-cinematography
-atmosphere
-production quality
-outstanding soundtrack
-a good ending
-fantastic moments: be it the initial first terror act, the motorcycle scene, the chess game at the air port, the ferries wheel, the nuclear explosion with the aurora borealis appearing after it
-actual research (usage of TOR during the police hacking, the high altitude nuclear bomb, etc.)
-interesting take on the cliche superhuman drug tested on children story (savant syndrome)

Personally,I did not really feel the atmosphere you are talking about. Maybe because I did not notice it due clichés and cheesiness.

I agree on cinematography,production quality,the soundtrack and that it had few interesting moments - motorcycle scene,aurora. But the chess game at the airport was damn cringeworthy to me,since I used to play chess few years bag and it just seemed....ridiculous.

And I did not really like ending all that much,I found it kind of predictable and pretty illogical. Though I agree that the take on superhumans created by use of drugs on children was good and it was nice to see they did the research,as you said,even though it was not really something exceptional.

In the end,what dragged the show down was a bad and flat plot along with characters who were as flat as the story was. Common,Five was terribly cheesy.
Sep 25, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2012
Project Athena reminded me of a watered down version of Monster's Kinderheim 511

Sep 25, 2014 1:22 PM

Jun 2008
I wish this had at least been 13 episodes instead of 11. So much is unexplained. The ending was decent. Twelve's death almost made me cry.

It was a good show but it could have been so much better.

7/10
Sep 25, 2014 1:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Zeally said:
Project Athena reminded me of a watered down version of Monster's Kinderheim 511

Good point. I hadn't thought about that.

They're lucky they got Five instead of Johan coming after them for sure :-)
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 25, 2014 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
Dafuq just happened?? :|

Twelve, noooo... Nine, toooo... Even though I knew they were both gonna die, it still hit me. RIGHT IN THE FRIGGIN' KOKORO :<
I've decided not to get attached to characters anymore.
They all just die.
I'm tired of my favourite characters dying ;-;

Pretty anti-climatic for a series that started off so well. I also felt it kinda lost its spark towards the end, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. At least it was executed well; everything was beautiful, only the story got a bit weak. Maybe the story would have shone just as bright if it got a few more episodes to develop the characters a bit :)
Anyways, solid 8/10 from me :)
[size=70]Lisa still has as much attractiveness to me as an anthropomorphic brick...[/s]
Sep 25, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2012
Feaor said:
ShinjuShoku said:
It almost would've worked better as a movie if they trimmed all of the stuff with Five, I felt like she didn't really have a purpose in the show at all other than to be an antagonist and ended up taking screen time away from Shibazaki who is a far more interesting character.

I didn't wanted to mention Five a lot, but when all are talking about it, I wanna say something too. Her appearance is good and there is a point, but kinda story about her life and how she became that way is left out, and again there's that tragic death of hers, for no reason, no explanation, Nine just made he living pointless life, even though if she's going to take her life away. There was no point in that.
And about Shibazaki, yeah, he is a great character. I like his character a lot. But there are lots of things that could have been done here.
それでも 今は 生きて 歌え ...
Sep 25, 2014 1:26 PM
Oct 2012
pakoko said:
BRK25 said:

Oh, you know what's cool?

The inspiration for the track Bless and also very similar to the very ending of the Anime itself in terms of appearance.

You know what's cool?
You :3 for being an interesting person to talk to about this show. Thanks for all the explanations, supplementary images/videos, and valid points.

Aw, I'm such an awesome guy! :)

But yes, the photo was shot and the creek sounds were captured to be placed in the OST and then the final song of the OST also happened to be the final song in the show. That's an actual picture taken when Yoko was composing the soundtrack in Iceland.

I finally understand why they shot Twelve. No matter how you spin it, The Usa's involvement in the airport/Shuto expressway, the fact one of their own men killed another because they were part of the experimentation, wanted the bomb go off, couldn't handle her, they needed no one to know or else the proud and the valiant country would be quickly a back water country with the very people despising hteir choices. So when Twelve got shot, Nine was next, they could care less about the order.

Nine didn't get shot BECAUSE he got in the linfe of fire and wanted to negotiate but alas....Nine's time was up. Loved the birds scene.

One final note.

I think this is Nine and Twelve after death, right at the institution they lived in for their lives and looking at Japan after their work and purpose in life is complete. Makes the opening far more heart wrenching. I really am about to cry cause I connected with the characters for their actions and motions. I knew eleven episodes were short, I wasn't expecting much.

Mod Edit: put large image in spoiler tags
sarroushSep 25, 2014 3:26 PM
Sep 25, 2014 1:27 PM

Apr 2013
hirahira said:
I wish this had at least been 13 episodes instead of 11. So much is unexplained. The ending was decent. Twelve's death almost made me cry.

It was a good show but it could have been so much better.

7/10

what do you feel is unexplained?
Sep 25, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2012
I nearly cried... sure I was super pissed off at Twelve but still... him dying like that and Nine grieving... :(

Anyway still very nice ep and show!
Sep 25, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
That was about as good of an ending as possible given how the last half of the series was disappointing. Lisa just wasn't an interesting or developed character.
Sep 25, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2012
Sourire said:
such a fucking powerful song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxnqSTzq6-w

Ohhh, you got ahead of me here. I just wanted to share this. THIS SONG. Especially because I love Iceland a lot, and I love Sigur Ros, and in the end THIS. Yoko Konno featuring Anór Dan <3 This song breaks me.
それでも 今は 生きて 歌え ...
Sep 25, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2012
They managed to set it off perfectly, great music, great ending.
I really like this show, it was hidden gem of this summer.
This is a real message for future generations.

All those people watching the night sky in awe.

8/10 Well done.
Sep 25, 2014 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
This was so epic! The ending was really good, a bit sad they both died. 10/10.
Sep 25, 2014 1:39 PM
Oct 2012
Keten said:
Terminaato said:

Thank you. Just because they had a reason for blowing up the buildings doesn't justify doing so when it puts lives at risk and causes mass amounts of damage. If a cop shot my sister and covered it up, am I called a hero if I blow up a neighbors house just to get attention to expose the cop? They at least expected to be arrested though, so at least THEY knew they weren't heroes.

pakoko said:

Mhmm... One of the cases where I feel like if they kept it simplistic it might have worked a lot better.

I'm sure when the story gets revealed how they built children to be super soldiers, that's inhumane and brings others to a sparked debate and hatred. What if your child was ripped away, and altered only to die? I'm not a care owner but I can empathize heavily to that point. I'm sure the majority of us here doesn't have children. Go to your parents and explain this outcome, they'll probably be fueled with rage.

They aren't Heroes but acclaimed not only for living to fight back at the country that wronged them but to show the very thing they tried to create is rampaging on them. Even Five could be seen this way. A modern Frankenstein story if you wish. They strive not to kill a single human and the atomic bomb showed everyone in the world that Japan has very very shady business.

To bring truth to light, calling out Shibazaki, going to save the country itself to not hurt anyone. They cared for human lives but without attracting media attention, they wouldn't get their point across.

Take Walter White.

He was a spineless guy but knowing he's going to die, he's trying to secure his family. To get things across and net his wealth, he has to grow some balls for other acclaimed or high leveled opponent to respect him. Don't believe me? Recall episode six from the first season.

Sep 25, 2014 1:42 PM

Jun 2014
OMG I can't believe the Americans shot Twelve 'cuz he knew the truth about the bomb at the airport and the truth about Five!

Lisa and Twelve holding hands when the bomb exploded was a very touching scene and so were the scenes of the three of them spending time together just chilling!

I'm glad that they were able to get the truth out with the help of Shibazaki, but it was sad that they had to die.

This anime was overall a 9/10 for me! I found this to be an amazing story, with an amazing soundtrack, and interesting characters! The ending song was very fitting for the mood and what happened.

"I asked Nine what he was always listening to. And he said it was music from a cold land... from Iceland. And then... he said that in Icelandic, V-O-N means "HOPE"
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!

Jul 2011
The anime had a lot of potential but was weak

7/10

Jun 2013
Keten said:
pakoko said:

The other, more plot relevant message, is that the whole Athena plan and making a-bombs in secret started out of as an effort for Japan to become a more independent nation after being crushed in WWII. The older generations of Japan bore a grudge against the US, and thus tried to get the younger generation involved to carrying out their grudge. The show emphasizes "Von" at the end because Nine and Twelve were trying to be the voice of the younger generation that they don't want to be involved in the older generations' grudges and conflicts and instead want to live believing in what they believe in.
Sep 25, 2014 1:43 PM
Aug 2014
The amount of people that didn't get some stuff and think the series is shit because of that.....
Sep 25, 2014 1:46 PM

Sep 2007
I feel empty

Sep 25, 2014 1:48 PM

Jul 2008
6/10 overall because of Five. Would've been an 8/10 otherwise. Such a shame.
Sep 25, 2014 1:49 PM

Sep 2013
BRK25 said:

I'm sure when the story gets revealed how they built children to be super soldiers, that's inhumane and brings others to a sparked debate and hatred. What if your child was ripped away, and altered only to die? I'm not a care owner but I can empathize heavily to that point. I'm sure the majority of us here doesn't have children. Go to your parents and explain this outcome, they'll probably be fueled with rage.

They aren't Heroes but acclaimed not only for living to fight back at the country that wronged them but to show the very thing they tried to create is rampaging on them. Even Five could be seen this way. A modern Frankenstein story if you wish. They strive not to kill a single human and the atomic bomb showed everyone in the world that Japan has very very shady business.

To bring truth to light, calling out Shibazaki, going to save the country itself to not hurt anyone. They cared for human lives but without attracting media attention, they wouldn't get their point across.

Take Walter White.

He was a spineless guy but knowing he's going to die, he's trying to secure his family. To get things across and net his wealth, he has to grow some balls for other acclaimed or high leveled opponent to respect him. Don't believe me? Recall episode six from the first season.

I never said that they aren't entirely justified per say. I get it, I get why they did it. Not many in the show actually looked to them as heroes so this wasn't a major problem or anything for me. However it doesn't really change the original point... The characters aren't exactly heroes for blowing up buildings just to reveal a truth about the government. They sugar coat it of course by making it so no one dies but it doesn't really change much. Blowing up buildings is never okay. Either way, it's a small part of the show and at most it's just a nitpick.

pakoko said:

The other, more plot relevant message, is that the whole Athena plan and making a-bombs in secret started out of as an effort for Japan to become a more independent nation after being crushed in WWII. The older generations of Japan bore a grudge against the US, and thus tried to get the younger generation involved to carrying out their grudge. The show emphasizes "Von" at the end because Nine and Twelve were trying to be the voice of the younger generation that they don't want to be involved in the older generations' grudges and conflicts and instead want to live believing in what they believe in.

Again, that would have been better executed if they focused more on Nine, Twelve and Five. Maybe if they included a scene of them in the facility itself too, showing a day in the life of them as kids and the adults that taught them and experimented on them. I see your point though and I wish they did explore that more.
KetenSep 25, 2014 1:52 PM
Sep 25, 2014 1:51 PM
Oct 2012
Keten said:

I never said that they aren't entirely justified per say. I get it, I get why they did it. Not many in the show actually looked to them as heroes so this wasn't a major problem or anything for me. However it doesn't really change the original point... The characters aren't exactly heroes for blowing up buildings just to reveal a truth about the government. They sugar coat it of course by making it so no one dies but it doesn't really change much. Blowing up buildings is never okay. Either way, it's a small part of the show and at most it's just a nitpick.

Oh that's not for you Keten, I meant the one you were speaking back and trying to get your attention. I do thing the first thing to get people's attention is to infect the public, don't do random buildings, get the public involve while trying to limit any sorts of casualties. They did just that.
Sep 25, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
Best of the summer 2014 season. Loved the symbolism and the deep meanings.

Shame it was just 11 episodes, it left characters undeveloped and things unexplained.

I give this 9/10 because awesomeness.

Ah, if they only made it 13 or even 14 episodes long.

PS this is my, 100th POST, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
AppoXSep 25, 2014 2:35 PM
I am a human.
Sep 25, 2014 1:55 PM

Oct 2012
Xenograft said:
I feel empty

emptiness here too. and pain
それでも 今は 生きて 歌え ...
Sep 25, 2014 1:56 PM

May 2009
After that ending OST..
http://8tracks.com/feenixfly/listen-to-the-grass-grow

keeps the feeling.

makes you think about things.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

412 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.